Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz
The threat of seeing a Kraken scares the squids off the splat zone just as much as the killer wail, but as a kraken, they are more likely to hide than sidestep and try to counter attack. Special bonuses with the kraken to build it up quicker and it's length is more important in ranked mode too because, it'll throw off their timing on when to start a counterattack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Dish posted:

HIGH QUALITY SOUNDTRACK RIPPED FROM THE DISC

i'll go ahead and tag them properly at some point, but here are the raws from the disc. i've been meaning to do this for a while, but i only got back from a vacation. you can even hear the splatfest songs.

http://funny.computer/cloud/Music/Splatoon/

are there shirt designs ripped anywhere. looking for the retro sweat one with judd

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
So who are the rad people to watch in order to learn tips and tricks about this game?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

JackDarko posted:

So who are the rad people to watch in order to learn tips and tricks about this game?

They have yet to emerge. The game is still in a really exciting area of mapping out strategy.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

JackDarko posted:

Look at your map

Signed, a professional Splatoon player

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Came down to 20-21 and I stopped it flipping with a last-second Inkstrike :smuggo:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
There's a big splatoon announcement tomorrow

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

Something to do with the leaked Mario Sunshine images?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

noirstronaut posted:

They are canceling the US Splatfest because team dog was found to be lacking in both skill and moral character.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Two more guns! https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/610706314159857664

quote:

Two new weapons arrive tomorrow morning for free in #Splatoon: the L-3 Nozzlenose and the Custom E-litre 3K!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I love the fake brand names on the guns, like I don't think the manufacturers are specifically names but they clearly have their sticker logos and those names mean something.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What's the Custom E-Liter have?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Please don't pollute the maps with gasoline. Those are public places :ohdear:.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

I think the hose revolver is the probably the best weapon design in the game.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I just want the E-liter with the scope. I can't do play any charger outside the splatter-scope due to how finicky precise aiming is without motion controls turned on.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Killer Wail isn't actually good but once I pointed it at the enemy spawn on a whim and got a 4k so

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
It is without a doubt the most useless super in turf war. I have gone on record saying that its pointless with friends.
Try it in splat zones, it either gets kills on choke points or forces people out of the zone so your team can take it.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
The Japanese Splatoon twitter just announced that the L-3 Nozzlenose will come with Disruptors and Killer Wail, while the Custom E-Litre 3K gets Squid Beakons and Kraken.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
drat, that Nozzlenose must be a drat good gun to have such lousy subs.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

Killer Wail isn't actually good but once I pointed it at the enemy spawn on a whim and got a 4k so

Killer wail is actually super good

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Killer Wail is actually super bad on Turf War because you can't use it to defend yourself and the enemy has pretty much zero reason to stick around and stay where you are aiming it at.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Puistokemisti posted:

Killer Wail is actually super bad on Turf War because you can't use it to defend yourself and the enemy has pretty much zero reason to stick around and stay where you are aiming it at.

I like to use it to make enemies scatter from choke points so we can push through, and it works for that since a lot of my teammates seem to interpret a Killer Wail pointed at such a place as "it's clear, go go go"

I mean I'd rather have Kraken or Inkstrike but it's not the worst thing in the world.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Killer wail is actually super good

Wrong

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
On some maps the Wail is good, like Underpass when the enemy has lovely gold dynamos flicking ink from that hallway area. it forces them to jump down and eat poo poo.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 16, 2015

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
If you have the echolocator active, you can surprise unsuspecting enemies with the wail. Just aim directly at them and let them wonder about your awesome aim.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Vorpal Cat posted:

I think the hose revolver is the probably the best weapon design in the game.

6 splats... more than enough to kill anything that moves.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hate the Wail but that has a lot to do with the fact it's the main reason I still haven't beaten the final boss :(

Seriously do we have any idea how much of each gear type is in the game yet? I have 48 shirts and over 35 each of hats and shoes.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'd guess there is at least 3 for each ability, so whatever math is involved there.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
i got the red hi tops with the poo poo you guys like. Someone mentioned I can make certain low level clothing have more stats when i hit 20 (its two star not 3). is that a limited use thing or do I just grind it out.

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 16, 2015

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Yolo Wizard posted:

i got the red hi tops with the poo poo you guys like. Someone mentioned I can make certain low level clothing have more stats when i hit 20 (its two star not 3). is that a limited use thing or do I just grind it out.

Spyke lets you add stars/slots to gear, and also reroll the random abilities for gear with full slots. Either of these things has the same costs; either a Super Sea Snail (the rewards from Splatfests) or, if you're level 20, 30k points per new slot or reroll. Given that we're so close to a Splatfest, saving your points is probably a good idea. You can get a lot of snails from those if you actively participate.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I find no greater joy in using killer wail as people are jumping into the fray only to explode to the tunes of a guitar's screech.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I've used the Killer Wail on a single super jump icon without hesitation

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Killer Wail increases in use as the map decreases in quality. For example you can find many opportunities for it on noted worst map in the game Arowana Mall

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Arowana mall is good and I get easy wins on that unless the enemy team has a smart charger.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dizz posted:

Arowana mall is good and I get easy wins on that unless the enemy team has a smart charger.

I like sneaking to the other team's side while the charger is not looking and then pumping ink up his rear end because nobody on that map thinks to check behind them.
And then leaving a mine because they never learn and go right back to where they died before.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I had a game against a charger like that in Arowana Mall on Splat Zone. drat good he was too. Fortunately he was a lousy zone painter, so we usually won on that map.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Is there anywhere to view your top scores or replays something? I think I may have had my all-time best round in any muliplayer shooter and I wasn't quick enough with my phone to take a picture. I had switched to the .96 Gal on a whim while playing some ranked and the very next round my k/d ratio was 26-6 :stare:.

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

Bown posted:

Seriously do we have any idea how much of each gear type is in the game yet? I have 48 shirts and over 35 each of hats and shoes.
Something close to 47 hats, 77 shirts, 46 shoes. There's a list on a wiki: http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/List_of_gear_in_Splatoon

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

raditts posted:

I like sneaking to the other team's side while the charger is not looking and then pumping ink up his rear end because nobody on that map thinks to check behind them.
And then leaving a mine because they never learn and go right back to where they died before.

In the center ramps you can just sit right infront of their ledge and wait for them to walk up and just shoot them. it's amazing.

Until a roller kicks your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

hyperbowl posted:

Something close to 47 hats, 77 shirts, 46 shoes. There's a list on a wiki: http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/List_of_gear_in_Splatoon

Splagoons has been collecting a list. I'm reasonably sure it's complete because I haven't seen any new pieces that weren't on the list for a few days now. (Though I only count 74 shirts, not 77, so we may still be missing a handful, unless that list is counting each Splatfest team shirt separately, in which case our numbers agree)

• Locked thread