Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Beefstew posted:

This is more of a return to her NTT roots mixed with the cartoon version, which is a substantial improvement.

Yeah, pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Dexie posted:

Bottom right corner. :stare:

Will that make it to print, then? Golly.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
If that is a cover it's usually where the barcode goes so no.

If it a spread expect a Twix ad to cover it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Gaz-L posted:

Aren't he and Amanda basically ignoring Earth 2/New 52 stuff in Harley/PG anyway?

When I got a chance to speak to them at a con this year they both said they ignore the new 52 timeline and do their own thing with the stories.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SirDan3k posted:

If it a spread expect a Twix ad to cover it.

THIS CARAMEL CENTER SOOTHES MY HUNGER

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's absurd. Galactus is clearly a Snickers omnipotent cosmic being.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I snagged JL3k in that sale, and just caught up this afternoon (mostly inspired by how fun the 8 page preview of the relaunch is). It takes a few issues to find it's feet beyond 'JL but they're all assholes'... OK, that's unfair, but given how loud Superman and Wonder Woman are, it's very easy for it to seem like it's all of them, but DeMatteis and Giffen find the rhythm about 3 issues in, once they start honing in on the SECRET ORIGIN of the new league. Kind of a shame that 3001 is probably going to drop the current arc and just do a timeskip, considering there were like 3 dangling subplots in the last issue.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I snagged JL3k in that sale, and just caught up this afternoon (mostly inspired by how fun the 8 page preview of the relaunch is). It takes a few issues to find it's feet beyond 'JL but they're all assholes'... OK, that's unfair, but given how loud Superman and Wonder Woman are, it's very easy for it to seem like it's all of them, but DeMatteis and Giffen find the rhythm about 3 issues in, once they start honing in on the SECRET ORIGIN of the new league. Kind of a shame that 3001 is probably going to drop the current arc and just do a timeskip, considering there were like 3 dangling subplots in the last issue.

Does it end with #15? I started collecting the last few due to Beetle and Booster, and wanted to be sure I didn't miss any before the relaunch.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Seems so, #15's the last one on Comixology, and 3001 #1 is out on Wednesday, I think.

And the preview strip made it look like the JLI stuff was being mostly dropped, though that might just be because it's only 8 pages, and you don't want to deal with that stuff there.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They're on the cover for #3 :)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, JLI crew: cool.

Hey, another Flash: not cool.

I like Teri being THE Flash, and having to deal with what that means, especially with a Hal Jordan that's very intent on her living up to Barry Allen. (Also kinda waiting for a reveal that because of the unique way she got revived/got her powers, that she's a for-real Flash, proper Speed Force power and all, though the creative team might be shying away from that in order to keep the power level of the team manageable.)

Edit: I hope we find out Gal Gardner's origin and her first words are "...again?"

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 14, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Are those the starfish aliens from that batman beyond episode? Was that a real enemy of superman? That pair of episodes scared me as a little kid.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Starro's been around snce the first Justice League comic.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Starro should always the first enemy a new JL faces.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I thought the Martian Manhunter 8-page preview was a huge let down and was super generic , but the preview for the first issue is a massive improvement and looks to be extremely my poo poo.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Not sure if this is a typo or not, but the solicit for Bombshells refers to Mera as the Princess of Atlanta. I'm sure I'm ready for a world in which Mera is written by Chris Claremont, sugah.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 15, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Terra is confirmed returning as a supporting character in Starfire.

This is a good day.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dexie posted:

This is a good day.

Wait... wouldn't this make her the worldly one? Or.... oh... oh, that poor Key West sheriff.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Solicits

Things of note:

-We Are Robin 4, hints a major tragedy. If is what I think, I'm eating my words and getting the issue.

-Grayson looks hella interesting this month

-Bane on Batman '66 :v:

And of course

:black101:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 16, 2015

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

-We Are Robin 4, hints a major tragedy. If some kid got killed, I'm eating my words and getting the issue.

This is a totally normal thing that a not insane person might say.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I was bitching about the sneak peek and how it seemed to ignore the riks vigilantism entailed by presenting the kids as incredibly competent. People here pointed out how that could be adressed down the line and I'd said if that happened I'd admit my mistake.

I'm just following up my words :shrug:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Man I hope Jim smears those little shits across the Goddamn city

Is THAT a thing an insane person might say? I feel like wishing Jason Todd would get beat up is a completely normal impulse.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Travis343 posted:

Man I hope Jim smears those little shits across the Goddamn city

Is THAT a thing an insane person might say? I feel like wishing Jason Todd would get beat up is a completely normal impulse.

Within the comic is also a common notion :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gaz-L posted:

Wait... wouldn't this make her the worldly one? Or.... oh... oh, that poor Key West sheriff.

Those two are both so clueless. This is going to be fantastic and I can't wait. :allears:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I was bitching about the sneak peek and how it seemed to ignore the riks vigilantism entailed by presenting the kids as incredibly competent. People here pointed out how that could be adressed down the line and I'd said if that happened I'd admit my mistake.

I'm just following up my words :shrug:
I agree that I don't like the idea of normal kids being competent vigilantes out of nowhere, even if I'm usually able to forgive it if the story is good.

But saying you hope a kid in the comic died because of it is pretty extreme.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

lotus circle posted:

I agree that I don't like the idea of normal kids being competent vigilantes out of nowhere, even if I'm usually able to forgive it if the story is good.

But saying you hope a kid in the comic died because of it is pretty extreme.

Yeah, probably should've worded that better. Sorry.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I really dig the idea of JLUnited's team constantly shifting. A guest artist three issues in is a bit concerning, though I like Paul Pelletier.

quote:

Guest artist Paul Pelletier joins the JLU for a special storyline that sees Stargirl and the team of Steel, Robotman, Batgirl and Vandal Savage enter a war zone that’s at once very familiar and utterly weird. Plus: the long awaited return of a legendary DC Comics hero.

e: Speaking of guest artists, Jock's doing Batman #44! :swoon:

Guy Gardner's got a dumb new costume

My fave covers:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 16, 2015

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Dexie posted:

This is a good day.

God bless Conner and Palmiotti.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Semper Fudge posted:

I thought the Martian Manhunter 8-page preview was a huge let down and was super generic , but the preview for the first issue is a massive improvement and looks to be extremely my poo poo.

That's a hell of a first page.

Also that Gardner costume is terrible

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
I miss Red Lantern Gardner and his glorious facial hair.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

The solicits for the Superman line make it sound like Truth is already over. I'm surprised the arc only went for 4 months.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

The solicits for the Superman line make it sound like Truth is already over. I'm surprised the arc only went for 4 months.
Four issues is rather short for what's being billed as a game changing arc, but considering it's running between all four comics that have Superman in top billing that's sixteen issues when you pile them all together.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Guy Gardner's got a dumb new costume

What is Green Lantern Lost Army? Has the first issue not come out yet? Cullen Bunn isn't as bad as Vandetti or Jensen. Do I want this?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Shawn posted:

What is Green Lantern Lost Army? Has the first issue not come out yet? Cullen Bunn isn't as bad as Vandetti or Jensen. Do I want this?

June 24th. The Sneak Peek seemed okay. http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/dc-sneak-peek-green-lantern-the-lost-army-dc-comics-2015
It's focused on John Stewart, so if you were doing GLC it's probably worth a look.

e: https://www.comixology.com/DC-Universe-Week-3-Sale/page/7006?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw&list7092_pg=2
The new Comixology sale has the original Prez. Where else are you gonna get that, huh?!

How's Ostrander's Martian Manhunter?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jun 16, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What the gently caress is that costume?

"We want Guy to look like he's wearing his classic jacket but NOT be wearing his classic jacket!"

*Draws some lines on spandex and gives a high collar coming out of his shoulders*

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

I think it's the opening arc for the status quo not the genie goes back into the bottle

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Dexie posted:

This is a good day.

Conner and Palmiotti love their fans. :3:

Speaking of their run of Powergirl is on sale on Comixology. Pick it up if you haven't.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Teenage Fansub posted:

How's Ostrander's Martian Manhunter?

Comparing it to his Spectre, it's more mellow and introspective. Recommended for fans of obscure world-building, as it plays with the idea that J'onn had been on Earth for decades before Superman in a couple ways.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

I wonder if it'll lead to 2 more arcs called "Justice" and "The American Way".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Just a reminder Prez is on sale this week on comixology.

• Locked thread