Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
So I finally feel like I have a good grasp on this game, and now career mode is an absolute joke. The only match I've "lost" was one where I beat up a guy on NXT until he DQ'd due to ring out, but the game treated it as a loss and I had to beat up 3 more jobbers before getting another #1 contender's fight.

Now I have the gold belt and I'm on Raw - is it normal to go from NXT Champion to a Regal feud, then a Shield Feud (what a crappy gimmick this is BTW, who writes this poo poo now?), then into the hunt for the gold belt? Never even whiffed a tag title or lesser titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That's most playthroughs, I'm pretty sure. I never touched a non-primary title.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Blasmeister posted:

If they were truly evil they'd give a WM Diva promo prize in a PCC.

That's straight up cruel.

I actually expected the last two RTGs to be Diva centric, since they did one for Nikki Bella ages ago.

Maybe they're waiting for when she breaks AJ's title reign record :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Okay this is killing me, I have gone through every NES wrestling game that could have possibly starred Ric Flair and this isn't the sprite for him. What's really driving me crazy is this sprite is in the style of the characters from A Nightmare On Elm Street, produced by Rare and distributed by LJN. Both companies have done wrestling games, none with Flair. You guys have any idea what game this is from? It's driving me nuts, to be truthful.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Skunkrocker posted:

Okay this is killing me, I have gone through every NES wrestling game that could have possibly starred Ric Flair and this isn't the sprite for him. What's really driving me crazy is this sprite is in the style of the characters from A Nightmare On Elm Street, produced by Rare and distributed by LJN. Both companies have done wrestling games, none with Flair. You guys have any idea what game this is from? It's driving me nuts, to be truthful.

Have you gone through all the NES Japanese wrestling games? How about master system games?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Yep, and the only Master System game I could find also doesn't have that sprite (WWF Wrestlemania Steel Cage Challenge)

Keep in mind this is going off the idea that's Ric Flair; it could be some knock off or someone assuming it's Flair or something...

EDIT: It's a sprite edit based off WWF Wrestlemania Challenge, which didn't have Flair. Goddamnit, I knew it was a Rare game just by the style, but to find out it was a lovely sprite edit... I was hoping Rare did a wrestling game I DIDN'T know about.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 14, 2015

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Paige, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Bad News Barrett, and Finn Balor confirmed for 2K16.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

KungFu Grip posted:

Paige, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Bad News Barrett, and Finn Balor confirmed for 2K16.

Zack's actually getting screen time again, what about him? And R-truth?! More importantly, will R-Truth have his rapping entrance?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Skunkrocker posted:

Could it be Pro Wrestling?

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Pro_Wrestling/Characters

I don't think that's a King Slender sprite but who knows. Maybe it's just an edit?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Ambrose and Rollins will still come out to the Shield music

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

KungFu Grip posted:

They aren't going to let you choose between Human Finn and Demon Finn, are they? Because that would be haaard.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

KungFu Grip posted:

Always gotta laugh at super-early confirmed guys each year.

Next WWE Game features - Sheamus, Randy Olton, and John Cenaaaaaaa!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Shima Honnou posted:

Zack's actually getting screen time again, what about him? And R-truth?! More importantly, will R-Truth have his rapping entrance?

Truth didn't rap for his entrance at MITB so maybe it would be more accurate to not have it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

simosimo posted:

Always gotta laugh at super-early confirmed guys each year.

Next WWE Game features - Sheamus, Randy Olton, and John Cenaaaaaaa!

Balor is at least kind of surprising since he's not on the main roster yet. Can't wait to give his entrance to Big Show.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Balor is at least kind of surprising since he's not on the main roster yet. Can't wait to give his entrance to Big Show.

Is it that surprising? Sami was in the last one, same with Neville and Bo.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Is it that surprising? Sami was in the last one, same with Neville and Bo.

Oh I completely forgot about NXT mode. Yeah maybe they'll have him as NXT champ in this version since it looks like he may pick it up in Japan next month.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If Owens isn't in I'll be real mad

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

projecthalaxy posted:

If Owens isn't in I'll be real mad

2k15's cutoff seemed to be Wrestlemania, so I imagine he'll be in. If I had to guess, the NXT roster will be:

Balor
Owens
Itami
Zayn
Breeze
Sasha
Charlotte
Neville (wouldn't be surprised if he has outdated attire and entrance)

So your letdown exclusions would probably be Becky and the Dubsteppers.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I wonder who the "hasn't been here for 3 years but is still in" talent will be. I hope it's Punk or ADR just for the hilarity: I'm sure Gabriel will still be around.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder who the "hasn't been here for 3 years but is still in" talent will be. I hope it's Punk or ADR just for the hilarity: I'm sure Gabriel will still be around.

AJ Lee and Rey Mysterio maybe?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Blasmeister posted:

If they were truly evil they'd give a WM Diva promo prize in a PCC.

YOU MOTHERFUCKER

https://twitter.com/SuperCard_Game/status/610849190713753602

That announcement finally made me uninstall SuperCard. To hell with it.

BlueArmyMan fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 16, 2015

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
WWE 2k15 is half off in the Steam sale today.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Is there a resource for mods? If there's some good ones I might splurge on 2K15 because I'm an idiot.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
There's a theme song injector that works pretty well, not sure about other mods.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

BlueArmyMan posted:

YOU MOTHERFUCKER

ahahaha

haha

ha

:negative:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

CVagts posted:

Is there a resource for mods? If there's some good ones I might splurge on 2K15 because I'm an idiot.

I like using the song injector, plus this guy's thread of already-converted themes: http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?2013286-Sound-Replacer-Song-Conversion-Requests

Also there are threads like this one that have the trons: http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?1813766-All-Fully-Updated-Graphics-John-Cena-Added

So I just use CAWs plus stuff like that to keep things updated. It's a bit of a hassle but I don't mind tinkering with this stuff.

The CAWs I've seen so far on PC are ok but not great. I've definitely seen better stuff on consoles in previous years.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BlueArmyMan posted:

YOU MOTHERFUCKER

LMAO you didn't delete it 10 minutes after installing it and realizing there's no game in the "game."

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

triplexpac posted:

The CAWs I've seen so far on PC are ok but not great. I've definitely seen better stuff on consoles in previous years.

The in game CAW is really stripped down :( People are going to have to get ambitious and do it manually.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Endless Mike posted:

LMAO you didn't delete it 10 minutes after installing it and realizing there's no game in the "game."

I knew full well what I was getting, and it was fine so long as there was some illusion of progression. Without that, gently caress it, the Final Fantasy mobile game at least pelts you with new stuff to do.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Other than the striped down CAW mode, how does 2K15 really stack up to 2K14? I was somewhat satisfied with 2K14. Granted, most of it was due to the CAW community...but it seems they made gameplay improvements in 2k15?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think the general consensus is that what was lost far outweighs what was gained.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Sky Shadowing posted:

I think the general consensus is that what was lost far outweighs what was gained.

Yeah, this. Just as a casual player I feel like 2k14 was a more completetotal package that offered generally better stuff and kind of wish that one was ported to PC instead, but I love me some old wrestling so the inventory of dudes from the '80s and early '90s does weigh me towards 2k14 even discounting the other parts that were dropped.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The actual gameplay in 2k15 is better. The creative suite took a huge hit and the single player stories suck compared to 13s and 14s.

It's worth about $20 if you like wrestling games, but now 2k16 is coming out in 16 weeks.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Blast Fantasto posted:

It's worth about $20 if you like wrestling games, but now 2k16 is coming out in 16 weeks.

No PC release announced yet again though, which was the appeal of 2k15 for a lot of people.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Here's a random question: Anybody have a save that has corrected and renamed rosters for VPW2? There's no way I'm going through and correcting everything by hand like I did when I was 16 years old.

EDIT: Figured it out.

89 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 16, 2015

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

sticklefifer posted:

No PC release announced yet again though, which was the appeal of 2k15 for a lot of people.
PC releases are always staggered, being as they are a secondary market for sports type games

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Mizdow

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

PC releases are always staggered, being as they are a secondary market for sports type games

I know, I was responding to the sentiment that 2k16 would be out soon. Maybe not so "soon", hence PC users might not wanting to wait if they see a 2k15 sale.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I really want to buy 2k15 for pc even though i know I'll be disappointed but i'm really bored gamewise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I really want to buy 2k15 for pc even though i know I'll be disappointed but i'm really bored gamewise

It's not a bad game if you can get it for cheap. I mean it's not great by any means, but I am able to scrape fun out of almost any wrestling game so I don't regret buying it.

I'm not touching the storyline mode though. I really don't want to relive 2011 WWE booking, ugh.