Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Scapegoat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Would NOT work, becase you can't send tokens "to the graveyard" for costs.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh.

Then any R1 deck.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Gagaga R1 deck

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dustons.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Ghostrick?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Exodia, but dont run the head because its level 3 and you don't want a win condition to interrupt your mad plays.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The prison arc started up pretty loving awesome. A prison guard hosed up his cell allocation duty cuz he was too busy playing YGO World Championships 2009 on his PSP.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That was bullshit. This is a world with high fidelity solid light holograms and we can't even get decent graphics on our vidjergames?! MY IMMERSION! :argh:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

High fidelity solid light holograms with pretty decent AI, too. Think of the practical applications...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Think of the ways they'll help us play card games!!!!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

VJeff posted:

That was bullshit. This is a world with high fidelity solid light holograms and we can't even get decent graphics on our vidjergames?! MY IMMERSION! :argh:

It's still a YGO WC that Synchro Konami farmed out to a basement full of nobodies. In Synchro Universe games that aren't shovelware look gorgeous, why if the guard didn't have a lovely taste he'd have Silent Hills 2 waiting in his home.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I guess if there's such a thing as dimension constants, Konami phoning it in would have to be one of 'em.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Prison boss has some really good cards on his pile. Also I really like Cardians. The aesthetic and what little of the play style we've seen. I really hope they get a full release.

And No cheating allowed. That got a hearty laugh out of me.
"Screw your pendulums I have a trap"

The amount of injokes and yugioh memes in the abridged episode would be sickening.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 17, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Cabinet posted:

Gagaga R1 deck

how does

Dexie posted:

Dustons.

this work

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Heart of the cards, dork.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Cabinet posted:

Heart of the cards, dork.

uhm

i was actually asking for legit advice i have no idea how to play either of those :(

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Oh whoops. Those were joke posts.

There's really not an amazing engine for pumping out level one cards. If you want to use the card, i'd suggest teching it into Ghosttricks. I cannot think of any other decks that can consistently summon level 1 monsters

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

alcharagia posted:

uhm

i was actually asking for legit advice i have no idea how to play either of those :(

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/House_Duston

You use this to summon four Dustons to your opponent's field and four Dustons to your field, then send all of yours to the graveyard to summon Antihope.

Your opponent is stuck with their Dustons (because Dustons can't be Tributed or used as Synchro/Fusion/Xyz material) until you get rid of them, and each of the other Dustons have a negative effect for it's controller when it's destroyed.

Cabinet posted:

Mine wasn't. :colbert:

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

Orange is the new Blackfeathers is turning out pretty great. Was hoping for at least one marker though after Crow's buildup.

Looks like Jack and Yuya will have a Riding Duel in episode 64.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dexie posted:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/House_Duston

You use this to summon four Dustons to your opponent's field and four Dustons to your field, then send all of yours to the graveyard to summon Antihope.

Mine wasn't. :colbert:

So the idea behind Dustons is to constantly summon them to the other guy's field in order to make the other guy miserable with your cute little boopy demons loving them over? I can dig it.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I just realized the new Speedroids have synergy with the GX-era Vehicroids. You could run Power Bond and bring out Barbaroid, the Ultimate Battle Machine for a 10k atk, double attacking, effect negating OTK machine. You could do this pretty easily with how much Speedroids recycle and search themselves.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That guy is really fun with Summoner of Illusions/Mound of the Bound Creator.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Hjalmar posted:

I just realized the new Speedroids have synergy with the GX-era Vehicroids.

That is...
That is a very important strategic tidbit of information.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
http://ygorganization.com/buyzebrasthezebrastrikesback/

Two videos on Yang Zing and Tellarknights to show us two things.

1. Konami really wants people buying Zefra
2. Konami really doesn't understand deck 'flaws'

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Cabinet posted:

There's really not an amazing engine for pumping out level one cards. If you want to use the card, i'd suggest teching it into Ghosttricks. I cannot think of any other decks that can consistently summon level 1 monsters

There's the piper deck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFp_8A75z8s

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Expressriod can bring back Speedroids. :stare:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Just watched episode 60.

The fact that Shingo insists on acting like his father has actual power in another dimension bothers me more than it probably should, mostly because he should probably understand that much and it feels forced.

Gongenzaka might not be the best character but he is certainly the best person in that show; an hero if I ever saw one.

Does anyone know what those cards that prison boss was using were based on? It seemed like a traditional Japanese thing and I don't know much about it.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

paradoxGentleman posted:

Does anyone know what those cards that prison boss was using were? It seemed like a traditional Japanese thing and I don't know much about it.

I'm pretty sure his cards are based on Hanafuda

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Just watched episode 60.

The fact that Shingo insists on acting like his father has actual power in another dimension bothers me more than it probably should, mostly because he should probably understand that much and it feels forced.

Gongenzaka might not be the best character but he is certainly the best person in that show; an hero if I ever saw one.

Does anyone know what those cards that prison boss was using were based on? It seemed like a traditional Japanese thing and I don't know much about it.

I still find it hard to believe that the thread has failed to accept that the Lancers have a serious case of brain damage.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Slur posted:

I still find it hard to believe that the thread has failed to accept that the Lancers have a serious case of brain damage.

I think the fact that the entire Lancer party decided to go Universe hopping instead of trying to train people in defending themselves with cards is a good indicator of that.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

PowerBeard posted:

I think the fact that the entire Lancer party decided to go Universe hopping instead of trying to train people in defending themselves with cards is a good indicator of that.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thought this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Blame that more on Reiji "well, I'll host this big tournament to pick my child soldiers, hmm? multiversal war in my doorstep? best send all the candidates i got. What the poo poo? all but five of them loving died, gently caress this universe and its weak duelists i'm gonna pick up some buddies at 5D's"

He did mention that LDS is now LDS (military edition) where kids can be made child soldiers like popular child soldier stars Yuya and Gongenzaka, so i'm guessing there's some training going on back home, but Reiji wants his card game army NOW so that's why everyone hopped dimensions to make an alliance. And ended up in loving card game jail.

Reiji isn't as smart as he thinks.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Blame that more on Reiji "well, I'll host this big tournament to pick my child soldiers, hmm? multiversal war in my doorstep? best send all the candidates i got. What the poo poo? all but five of them loving died, gently caress this universe and its weak duelists i'm gonna pick up some buddies at 5D's"

He did mention that LDS is now LDS (military edition) where kids can be made child soldiers like popular child soldier stars Yuya and Gongenzaka, so i'm guessing there's some training going on back home, but Reiji wants his card game army NOW so that's why everyone hopped dimensions to make an alliance. And ended up in loving card game jail.

Putting all of his eggs into one basket as well; rather than send in a few of his selected soldiers in order to recruit from another dimension and leave a few behind as to guard Standard, he takes all of his troops out at once, not thinking that Standard might be left completely undefended.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey, Standard still has plenty of great duelists!

Like Masumi and Yaiba and Mieru and Yuu and....uh.....

Ayu?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

VJeff posted:

Hey, Standard still has plenty of great duelists!

Like Masumi and Yaiba and Mieru and Yuu and....uh.....

Ayu?

I mean, at least that line-up isn't responsible for tons of deaths, so...

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I wonder if anyone is going to confront him with this fact. At the very least his Lancers would like to know what exactly was he doing while they
joined illegal betting rings and got thrown in jail.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 18, 2015

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I mean, at least that line-up isn't responsible for tons of deaths, so...

It's Shivering Time!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

PowerBeard posted:

It's Shivering Time!

The only good thing about this arc is that Shivers Kid has shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Onmi posted:

http://ygorganization.com/buyzebrasthezebrastrikesback/

Two videos on Yang Zing and Tellarknights to show us two things.

1. Konami really wants people buying Zefra
2. Konami really doesn't understand deck 'flaws'

What do you mean?