Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Thanks for the PS4 invite. Which campaign are you all playing? PvP is crazy fun in this game but certain campaigns seem much better than others. Here's what I've observed so far from an Ebonheart perspective.

7 Day - poo poo. We never had more than two keeps and there were quite a few rank14 players exploiting some siphon life skill. Literally had one guy take out a zerg which is pretty drat unplayable. DF non existent.

Non-Vet - Seemingly good balance between AD and EH. Rarely did DF show up and if they did it tended to be over rather quickly for them.

30 Day (A. Star) - Good balance and lots of action. The most veteran players but decent pugs and good even mix of players. EH gets smacked by both DF and AD in the middle of the day & early evening but typically regains foothold during and after prime time.

Of course this will change over the next few months as the level disparities even out across the board. You'll have to deal with 1-2 hour queues for both non-vet and 30 day but I highly recommend making your home campaign 30 day standard.

Pro tip: get yourself into a 24 man group for good exp and constant action then immediately leave the group channel unless you enjoy 15 people talking over one another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
First rule of PvP grouping is to stick to crown. As in, the group leader, who is represented by a crown over his head. No matter what you'll do fine if you do that. Unless crown is an idiot. Like a certain Arch-Lizard on PC.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Looks like we won't have to worry about keeping on a PvP campaign where our faction has full superiority any longer: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/180480/pvp-update-june-2015

quote:

PVP Bonuses: Keep, Elder Scroll, and the Emperorship bonuses (passive buffs) will apply only in PVP spaces. This change will effectively do away with the concept of “buff servers.” Originally, we wanted these bonuses to provide a game-wide benefit, but we’ve seen this design become detrimental to the PVP experience due to alliances having "buff servers."
Keep in mind that this is what Zenimax is considering doing, so it may be changed/not happen.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

quote:

Battle Leveling: The Battle Leveling system has been updated to include Veteran Ranks. Players that opt into Battle Leveling will be roughly equivalent in power to a VR14 player in moderate-quality gear.

That's good poo poo and should alleviate the VR power gap that had level 49 players with better buffed stats than a VR1. Also previously the buff only went up to VR12 so I imagine this should make it so people can at least be on a more equal playing field in group battles.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Holy poo poo, that's awesome. Now I can come back and do nothing but PVP. The old system was dumb as gently caress.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

eSporks posted:

Holy poo poo, that's awesome. Now I can come back and do nothing but PVP. The old system was dumb as gently caress.

Yeah, its basically a big wishlist fulfilled of realistic pvp changes people have been asking for awhile.

Emp was kind of implemented dumb and was gamed to gently caress just to get people permanent buffs so its good to see that poo poo is going away. Cant say I'll miss buff servers either.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I like almost all of these proposed PvP changes but am I the only one who thinks the new scoring ideas are kind of insane?

Either everything is worth equal campaign points, and a scroll is just as valuable as a random lumber mill, or most things are worthless and only one type of capture on the map counts. I mean I get the concept of shaking things up but this seems a little extreme.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 16, 2015

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Hahahaha they're loving over the sperguild strategy of 'everyone cast meteor at once and lag the server to gently caress'.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

YES THANK gently caress they're removing former emperor bonuses, that means no more emp circlejerking.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah I feel as if emperor has long been one of the bad influences in pvp since implementation: the amount of time required to get it basically encouraged metagaming the whole campaign as a way to just get the former emperor buffs for pve.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
How do consoles unlock the second weapon tray?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

xxEightxx posted:

How do consoles unlock the second weapon tray?

Pretty sure it's by being level 15.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Just started playing this yesterday as a sneaky kittycat man. Wouldn't mind a guild invite. :gonchar:
PS4 Ebonheart "R7-PS"

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jun 17, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Requesting to ESO devs (since I know they read this thread) please have dual wielding swords like this all the time thanks:

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
For buffs and enchantment stuff is there any difference between using two one handed weapons or one two handed weapon?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can anyone on PS4 werewolf bite me? PSN is literallygary. Get at me!

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
How does the vampire/werewolf thing work in this game? Is it something worth doing?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The werewolf is awesome.

You use your ultimate to transform into one and you get a whole new skillbar with the werewolf line skills.

Pounce on enemies, feast on their corpses, howl at the moon in a blood rage.

poo poo owns.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Big Centipede posted:

How does the vampire/werewolf thing work in this game? Is it something worth doing?

They are mutually exclusive, although you can switch between them with a little questing. Each one grants access to a skill line while you are that thing. They're both pretty sweet, and it's worth picking one up.

You become a creature of the night by being biten by one. A few random mobs that only spawn at night (or at night on a full moon, for werewolf), have a chance to give you the disease when they hit you, or a player with the disease can pass it on to one other player per week.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Mithross posted:

They are mutually exclusive, although you can switch between them with a little questing. Each one grants access to a skill line while you are that thing. They're both pretty sweet, and it's worth picking one up.

You become a creature of the night by being biten by one. A few random mobs that only spawn at night (or at night on a full moon, for werewolf), have a chance to give you the disease when they hit you, or a player with the disease can pass it on to one other player per week.

I assume you get weaknesses too right?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Vampires get constant weaknesses yes.

Werewolves on the other hand only suffer from poison and disease damage while in beast form, and they get a passive boost to combat stamina regen regardless of form.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Vampire gets lower burning resists and health regen, and it gets worse depending on how long its been since you fed. If you go vamp be prepared to get poo poo on by anything fire based.

Werewolf gets lower poison resist, but only while in WW form. You get a passive 15% stam regen all the time. If you aren't vamp there is no reason not be WW just for the free stam regen even if you plan on never using the skills.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Big Centipede posted:

I assume you get weaknesses too right?

If you are either, you are extra susceptible to the fighter's guild skill line. Werewolves are also weak to poison. Vampire take extra fire damage.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
I'm really looking forward to picking this up. I want to slay beasts with goons

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
good job getting rekt tonight, pact :smith:

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

xxEightxx posted:

For buffs and enchantment stuff is there any difference between using two one handed weapons or one two handed weapon?

One hand and shield and dual wield provide a bit of a bonus because you get an extra slot for gear set bonuses. The two-handed weapons only count for one set item

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

PS4 Ebonheart goon requesing an invite to the guild. PSN is Quasipox same as here.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
This is probably me being super dumb but for guild invites do you need the username that I login with or the actual toon name? The OP implies the former but that's a bit odd 'cause I thought guilds were per-character. :confused:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kyte posted:

This is probably me being super dumb but for guild invites do you need the username that I login with or the actual toon name? The OP implies the former but that's a bit odd 'cause I thought guilds were per-character. :confused:

Guilds are per account. You need the GT/PSN name, not the character name

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Alright then, thanks. Username's KyteM and I'd appreciate an invite to both Deconstruct Circlejerk & either main guild (I decided to start with Aldmeri Dominion back in the first open beta weekend when I had no idea of anything so I'm screwed either way :v:)

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Mithross posted:

Guilds are per account. You need the GT/PSN name, not the character name
You can also invite via character name, though. However that might be different on consoles.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007
Can I grab an invite to the Ebonheart Xbone guild? (GT: Blackninecsv)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm only level 14, but does anyone have info about grouping and the economy on the console servers?

The group finder is utterly broken and useless. How the hell are you supposed to find a group?

Also, how do people sell poo poo without a chat window to advertise? Just stick poo poo on a guild trader and hope to god someone stumbles upon it?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

RCarr posted:

I'm only level 14, but does anyone have info about grouping and the economy on the console servers?

The group finder is utterly broken and useless. How the hell are you supposed to find a group?

Also, how do people sell poo poo without a chat window to advertise? Just stick poo poo on a guild trader and hope to god someone stumbles upon it?

In theory, you tell it what role you want to fill and set it to search for a party. In theory, it's a great idea. In reality, no one uses it so it searches for 45 minutes and then finally breaks so you can't even try to requeue.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So basically there is no grouping then?

I was able to find a group for the first Group Dungeon in the game after several hours by just sitting at the entrance and inviting everyone that ran by. I'd rather not do that again.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

RCarr posted:

So basically there is no grouping then?

I was able to find a group for the first Group Dungeon in the game after several hours by just sitting at the entrance and inviting everyone that ran by. I'd rather not do that again.

I know you're on XB1 but that is how it is on PS4. The Group FInder works but no one uses it. Entrance spam is the only way. There needs to be a unskippable tutorial ingame for it. I just think no one knows about it since its hidden in Social.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have a hard time believing that it works. I tested it yesterday with a few friends who were all the same level (and hadn't stepped foot in the dungeon before). Turn it on, and an hour later it was still queuing.

Four level 14's, all in the same faction, all standing within 30 feet of the dungeon entrance, all queued for the same dungeon. poo poo's broken.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i got into a group once and they weren't even doing the dungeon

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Do the consoles not have zone chat? If not, then good luck. On PC zone chat is the only way to find groups or trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
no we get bong rips and nasally little kids screaming

• Locked thread