Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cyron posted:

hence why there should be more, no one cares about lovely games about babies and crying.

Neither does any Metroid fans. I'm sure you can see how our frustration is justified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Anime Curator posted:

did they even mention devil's third at all

They didn't mention it on last year's presentation, either. It's an age rating thing.

They'll probably push it on the Treehouse and never again because they are sending it out to die. It's an Amazon exclusive in Japan.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

TaurusOxford posted:

Neither does any Metroid fans. I'm sure you can see how our frustration is justified.

god Metroid fans are more annoying then mother fans, at least they know their a niche title.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
The sounds when someone places an item on Super Mario Maker are so loving awesome.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I saved the best part of the Direct guys.

Enjoy :mario:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I feel like that Mario maker bundle will sell out quick. Hoping someone posts it here as soon as it's available.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It sucks that the Bowser action game I've been waiting for turns out to be Skylanders.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I saved the best part of the Direct guys.

Enjoy :mario:

Nintendo got meta with this one, they played us. Today, we are all the game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

VideoGames posted:

gently caress sake

NOE just said we're getting a sale, no idea when it'll go live.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Starfox Zero's trailer or announcement looked horrible, but the gameplay on Treehouse looked *really* nice. It looks like the polygons were paying homage to 64, but the assets themselves were clearly in HD.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
That was kinda disappointing. I get it that it's only 2015 stuff, but did we really needed another explanation for how Wooly World works, or that much Mario Maker footage after NWC? Excited for Star Fox, though! Never cared about the series, but gameplay looked loving great and I'm glad that Kamiya's (presumably) dream finally came true :)

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
That was disappointing for me, Star Fox looked cool but I don't know what else I'm going to be buying in the next year. I guess it's good I have a little bit of a backlog.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'm excited for what Nintendo announced--and I love that it's all coming soon (except for Fire Emblems, which are arguably what I'm most excited about)--but I'd gotten my hopes too high for a proper Wii U Animal Crossing game. That being said, the more I see of Super Mario Maker, the more I desperately need it. I'm interested in Star Fox, but I'm wondering if having to deal with the two screens will be distracting. Hopefully not, because I loved the SNES game and Star Fox 64.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NOE just said we're getting a sale, no idea when it'll go live.

i like to imagine you just told them "hey, our new nintendo fan videogames was a bit upset. can you please launch one for him too" and they said yes.

that is what I believe.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the Mario Maker package - the book doesn't just contain art, it also includes sample stages. No idea how you're supposed to get them into the game. (EDIT: the pictures are tagged with passwords that unlock timelapse videos in the game but not the actual level data. Odd.)

Vookatos posted:

That was kinda disappointing. I get it that it's only 2015 stuff, but did we really needed another explanation for how Wooly World works, or that much Mario Maker footage after NWC? Excited for Star Fox, though! Never cared about the series, but gameplay looked loving great and I'm glad that Kamiya's (presumably) dream finally came true :)

They said "the director of Bayonetta 2" who is Yusuke Hashimoto.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
What's with everyone saying Star Fox looks bad did we even watch the same trailer

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Here's the Mario Maker package - the book doesn't just contain art, it also includes sample stages. No idea how you're supposed to get them into the game.
I was hoping they'd say the pages had amiibo chips embedded in them

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Here's the Mario Maker package - the book doesn't just contain art, it also includes sample stages. No idea how you're supposed to get them into the game.

I'm hoping that the Mario maker special pack isn't just a Europe only thing

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Here's the Mario Maker package - the book doesn't just contain art, it also includes sample stages. No idea how you're supposed to get them into the game. (EDIT: the pictures are tagged with passwords that unlock timelapse videos in the game but not the actual level data. Odd.)

It looked like there were 4 digit codes under some images of stages.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

homeless snail posted:

I was hoping they'd say the pages had amiibo chips embedded in them

Each page has a number that acts as a code.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

They just showed this on the Treehouse stream. I guess there's numbers you type in and they convert into the templated stages?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Davinci posted:

What's with everyone saying Star Fox looks bad did we even watch the same trailer

By "bad," most of them hold on a sec, guy on the Squeenix stream has a neck tattoo.

Okay, by "bad," most of them mean "looks more like a game made in early '00s." I'm sure most people trust it will be a great game.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

enojy posted:

By "bad," most of them hold on a sec, guy on the Squeenix stream has a neck tattoo.

Okay, by "bad," most of them mean "looks more like a game made in early '00s." I'm sure most people trust it will be a great game.

but isn't that a good thing when it comes to star fox? I mean I don't see Krystal in sight so this is a pulse.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I think the booklet pages are meant to be more inspirational rather than full stages; that's also how the more free-form Lego sets--like their architecture sets--do it.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Kamiya's also quite happy

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miyamoto also confirmed Project Guard (the tower defense-ish game they showed last year) is being developed by Platinum, I guess as part of Starfox?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cyron posted:

god Metroid fans are more annoying then mother fans, at least they know their a niche title.

Yes, cause F-Zero is totally not a niche franchise. :jerkbag:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

TaurusOxford posted:

Yes, cause F-Zero is totally not a niche franchise. :jerkbag:

I never said it isn't, are you literally shaking to the point that you can't read? I am calling metriod niche, and it been since super metriod, it is no longer the big 3, Pokémon taken it's place.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Here's a recap of Nintendo's E3 presentation

-New Smash Bros info
-Yoshi Wolly World
-Mario Maker
-Hyrule Warriors
-New Zelda game revealed
-Star Fox
-Xenoblade
-Miyamoto talks about Project Guard on the Tree House post-presentation.

This can be a recap of both E3 2014 and 2015.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Man, Nintendo got hosed over really REALLY hard by Zelda U getting delayed. It's clear that's what they were banking on for this holiday season.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Astro7x posted:

-New Smash Bros info
-Yoshi Wolly World
-Mario Maker
-Hyrule Warriors
-New Zelda game revealed
-Star Fox
-Xenoblade

Funny because it's true.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Astro7x posted:

-New Smash Bros info
-Yoshi Wolly World
-Mario Maker
-Hyrule Warriors
-New Zelda game revealed
-Star Fox
-Xenoblade
-Miyamoto talks about Project Guard on the Tree House post-presentation.

if you ignore small details like the smash info was DLC and we got release dates on most of the stuff fom last year. but it's true.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Metroid, Paper Mario x Mario & Luigi, Mario Tennis HD, Animal Crossing Board Game Thingy, etc. It could have been worse.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nintendo kinda confirmed they have no intention of making an F-Zero game ever again. Mario Kart is their arcade racer.

I think Metroid would be better received if Nintendo stopped experimenting with the series. I want Nintendo to go with a safe game and make a 2d side scroller for 3DS or Wii U.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Metroid, Paper Mario x Mario & Luigi, Mario Tennis HD, Animal Crossing Board Game Thingy, etc. It could have been worse.

ya it only bad depending on how mush autism you have for Metroid.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

I said come in! posted:

Nintendo kinda confirmed they have no intention of making an F-Zero game ever again. Mario Kart is their arcade racer.

I think it's more that the people that usually handle F-Zero are the same ones that handle Starfox and it was one or the other.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Looking at gameplay footage of star fox and ew.

Different viewpoints on the tv and gamepad - that'll have you bouncing between the two.

Only Nintendo would finally make a gorgeous new HD console and then force the player to spend large chunks of time squinting at a portable screen.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Animal crossing board looks like Mario Party without minigames.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Narcissus1916 posted:

Looking at gameplay footage of star fox and ew.

Different viewpoints on the tv and gamepad - that'll have you bouncing between the two.

Only Nintendo would finally make a gorgeous new HD console and then force the player to spend large chunks of time squinting at a portable screen.

It works out for me because I have a piece of poo poo 32" TV where the gamepad screen actually looks better then the TV. :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Miyamoto also confirmed Project Guard (the tower defense-ish game they showed last year) is being developed by Platinum, I guess as part of Starfox?

I'm not sure even Platinum could make a tower defence game good

• Locked thread