Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I recently just scored an original pebble for cheap and have been playing around with it. Some watch faces have settings but none of them seem to save, things like language or vibration settings, they stay saved on the app itself but the watch doesn't seem to update with the new settings. I can't seem to find a solution to this. Running iOS if it matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I got a pebble time.

I'm pretty sure at least 15 colors on the palette wash out with the backlight enabled.

My wrist vibrates now.

I must get more watch faces.

MjolnirMan
Aug 15, 2006
It's Hammertime
Yeah, indoors the Time backlight is really, really bad for color. It washes everything out to look a pale blue-gray. I opened it at night, was pretty disappointed, and then left the house with it the next morning.

Hoo-lee-poo poo do the colors pop under sunlight. Gorgeous looking in conditions where you couldn't even see most LCDs.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Haven't even received my tracking number

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Got mine, wishing there was a color version of Modern. :( I'm using Analog for now. Colors are a bit dull indoors, but outside they are amazing.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
How are the colors indoors if you don't have the backlight on?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

grilldos posted:

How are the colors indoors if you don't have the backlight on?

About the same as an old Game Boy Color, kind of faded.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Calaveron posted:

Haven't even received my tracking number

Same. Considering all the other smartwatches I have (Read: Too many) I'm not that sad by not having it at this very moment. But still, I bought the loving thing, it would be nice to at least get some confirmation that it will come at some point.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
It seems like for the colours to look good in any situation you'd need to make them darker and have a bigger contrast than you'd think.

http://imgur.com/a/64BmP

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Those of you without tracking numbers, you might have one hidden in your Kickstarter backer page where your info and color selection are. View Source on that page and search for tracking, it'll be near that (there's two fields, one for Pebble Time tracking and one for Pebble Steel tracking).

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

sirbeefalot posted:

Those of you without tracking numbers, you might have one hidden in your Kickstarter backer page where your info and color selection are. View Source on that page and search for tracking, it'll be near that (there's two fields, one for Pebble Time tracking and one for Pebble Steel tracking).

Yeah, it's still null.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Is the backlight still blue tinted?

wooly
Jun 5, 2005

Don Lapre posted:

Is the backlight still blue tinted?

Yes.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

drat, my replacement Pebble classic also has screen garbling issues like my original. Looks like I'm contacting customer service again.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I too have had the garbled screen issue for months, for those of you that have gotten a replacement through Pebble, did they force you to send the garbled one to them, or any other requirements?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Longbaugh01 posted:

I too have had the garbled screen issue for months, for those of you that have gotten a replacement through Pebble, did they force you to send the garbled one to them, or any other requirements?

Yes, but they sent out my new one before I had sent them the old one. I look forward to getting a new watch with the same issues in a few days!

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

PneumonicBook posted:

Yes, but they sent out my new one before I had sent them the old one. I look forward to getting a new watch with the same issues in a few days!

So...what can they possibly do if I get the new one before I send them the old one, and just not send it?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Had my Pebble Steal (non-color) at a party, a couple of people asked if it was an Apple Watch, we all decided to call it the Blackberry of smart watches.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Whoever posted about finding your tracking number in the page source code, thanks. I wouldn't have found it otherwise. I could tell it shipped because the status was no longer processing.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At your order page you can input this too:

code:
javascript:alert("Tracking Number: " + $("[data-react-props]").data("react-props").order.time_tracking_number)
That will extract your tracking number. If there is none, it will appear as "null." Mine is still null. :(

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
They said we'd all have tracking numbers by mid June. Guess not

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hahah got my tracking number gently caress all of y'all.

(how long does it usually take to get here? got first class USPS)

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I'm sure that tracking number could tell you that.

3 days give or take.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My tracking number doesn't have an estimated time of arrival. That being said, I too got my number today. Backer number 63xxx so I'm actually surprised it didn't take longer.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Is there a way to turn off the animations? So far the Pebble Time feels like a worse device than the original Pebble, me and my fiance are both pretty disappointed with it. We really liked the original Pebble.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
What don't you like about it?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Finally got my Time. It works. Installed a unofficial Japanese language pack so I could get notifications I could read. Having an always on screen is still nicer than the Apple Watch and my GWatch. The animations are cute, but makes it feel a little slower than the original to me. Feels nicer than my original Pebble. Nothing else to really say about it I guess :shrug:.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I can also say it's way more useful on Android than iOS.

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 19, 2015

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

rear end Catchcum posted:

What don't you like about it?

For me it's just the animations. For her, she was upset she had to upgrade to iOS 8, and the device feels too much "like a real product" and no longer has that hackerspace type appeal the original had for her.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Drastic Actions posted:

Finally got my Time. It works. Installed a unofficial Japanese language pack so I could get notifications I could read. Having an always on screen is still nicer than the Apple Watch and my GWatch. The animations are cute, but makes it feel a little slower than the original to me. Feels nicer than my original Pebble. Nothing else to really say about it I guess :shrug:.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I can also say it's way more useful on Android than iOS.
Would you happen to have a link to that language pack? I was hoping for 1st-party support for the entirety of CJK (Chinese language support but no Japanese language support? :wtc:) so I'm kinda disappointed to hear that I have to go with something unofficial...but at this point anything is better than boxes.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Karthe posted:

Would you happen to have a link to that language pack? I was hoping for 1st-party support for the entirety of CJK (Chinese language support but no Japanese language support? :wtc:) so I'm kinda disappointed to hear that I have to go with something unofficial...but at this point anything is better than boxes.

これどうぞ~

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Anybody have an idea as to what time on the 22nd pre orders will open?

Edit: Pre orders are up on bestbuy.com, releases on the 19th of July.

boz fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 22, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Got mine. Impressed with screen quality in direct sunlight, not so much with backlight. Strap feels cheap though. Anyone know where I could get nicer ones?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Any 22mm strap will work. Look at people's pics on the reddit sub for inspiration and product links.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I got a standard Time. The screen is gorgeous in sunlight or bright rooms. I also don't like how the backlight washes out the colors, but it's not unforgivable. The build quality is great, it's the perfect size and weight for my taste, and I actually quite like the Time's strap. The OS changes are very nice; the animations are charming and snappy and rich notification manipulation with Android is a lot easier now.

I'm missing not being able to drop the font size, though. A lot.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I hope the microphone gets some loving soon. As it stands now it's a bit clunky to even send a voice reply if you're not just standing there looking at the watch, and that's all it can do so far. Like, obviously I want to be able to activate Google Now with my watch, but just a setting to make it listen for like 15 seconds after a new actionable notification for a reply command would be incredible.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Quick question: On my phone (2013 Moto X on both 4.4.4 and 5.1), my Pebble frequently (like...every couple hours, if not more) loses connection to my phone. It's done this with two different pebbles, a regular and a steel. Turning the Pebble off and then back on again fixes it. The phone doesn't have any issues with other bluetooth devices - I have it connected to either a portable speaker or my car frequently, and those maintain connection even when the Pebble loses it.

Any ideas?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Are there any recommended Time watchfaces?

I've currently got
DIN Time (currently active)
Shadow
Thin
Love Weather
tictoc
Studio Clock

Any other ones I should look for?

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

AFewBricksShy posted:

Are there any recommended Time watchfaces?

I've currently got
DIN Time (currently active)
Shadow
Thin
Love Weather
tictoc
Studio Clock

Any other ones I should look for?

I like Weather Land most of the time, and Happy is nice and colorful.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Happy rules and looks really good with the white Time.

Edit: if I were to buy a watchband that is labeled as compatible with Pebble Steel, would it work with my Pebble Time?

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Droid Washington posted:

Happy rules and looks really good with the white Time.

Edit: if I were to buy a watchband that is labeled as compatible with Pebble Steel, would it work with my Pebble Time?

Nope.

The Pebble Time takes standard 22mm watchbands.

• Locked thread