Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Fat Jesus posted:

free day of prem on NA
7ERBDFTM7D

Thanks for the code yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Azhais posted:

If anyone's looking to get into World of Warships:

https://www.humblebundle.com/twitche3

Beta Keys are on the humble bundle. $1 and you're in (bonus tanks invite code included)

Can't seem to figure out where to redeem the World of Tanks code. Seems it's not needed if we signed up through the World of Warships code, so is this code just to invite a friend into the game as well?

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

How the Red Army learned to fight: Victorious '45

Nice, would be also more interesting if you can dig up how the Germans/British/American did things in the same year*

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Azhais posted:

If anyone's looking to get into World of Warships:

https://www.humblebundle.com/twitche3

Beta Keys are on the humble bundle. $1 and you're in (bonus tanks invite code included)
Oooooh.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

It sucks that it's NA only.
Ah.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Descar posted:

Nice, would be also more interesting if you can dig up how the Germans/British/American did things in the same year*

"British Armor in the Normandy Campaign" by John Buckley paints a pretty good picture, "Tigers in Normandy" gives some insight into the German ranks, but only from the point of view of Tiger battalions.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
I was surprised today to look up the games I've played in the last quarter. I played 420 games in the last 3 months, 126 of them in the post-nerf Hellcat. I was really pretty depressed about only playing 420 games over a three month period. And then I realized that this was probably a positive thing and I should be happy about it.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

RhoA posted:

Can't seem to figure out where to redeem the World of Tanks code. Seems it's not needed if we signed up through the World of Warships code, so is this code just to invite a friend into the game as well?
oops nevermind, bad info on my part.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Hey guys, the Marder II is a good tank and all, but what if it looked dumb as gently caress and was worse in every way? Luckily, the designers of the FlakBus school of thought have just the TD for you.

More photos of this disaster here.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Tiger battalions.

what, all 2.5 of them?

:v:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

of the FlakBus school of thought

can't find poo poo filtering your posts in that thread: please tell me of this "FlakBus"

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Hey guys, the Marder II is a good tank and all, but what if it looked dumb as gently caress and was worse in every way? Luckily, the designers of the FlakBus school of thought have just the TD for you.

More photos of this disaster here.

Looks like it has a gw panther type half turret and a very similar gun, why is it worse?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
You can see it in the other photos, but you can't get to any ammunition at all without ducking under the gun shield. Also while it has a half-turret, it's a light and tall chassis, so I imagine the angle of traverse would be very limited in real life.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

You can see it in the other photos, but you can't get to any ammunition at all without ducking under the gun shield. Also while it has a half-turret, it's a light and tall chassis, so I imagine the angle of traverse would be very limited in real life.

Sounds like a perfect design for a tier 3 german TD.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

scamtank posted:

can't find poo poo filtering your posts in that thread: please tell me of this "FlakBus"

Probably talking about this thing;

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Have a NA new player invite code: RMSZ8-3U3KM-2RSGM-D4WWE

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
How long until the event is over?

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

JohnGalt posted:

Do you mean domination? That finishes at the end of june, or at least phase 2 ends then. Not sure if they'll change it up again after that.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Do those camo paints actually decrease your visibility?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
By 5%. Probably not worth it on a heavy, absolute must on lights and mediums.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

JohnGalt posted:

If you mean the campaign, then Friday night is the last night. Looks like you have way more points than you'll need for the tank.

edit: did PINGU drop off the map or did they get mapped? I didn't see them attacking any reactors last night which seems strange.

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jun 17, 2015

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Uranium 235 posted:

If you mean the campaign, then Friday night is the last night. Looks like you have way more points than you'll need for the tank.

edit: did PINGU drop off the map or did they get mapped? I didn't see them attacking any reactors last night which seems strange.

Literally, no idea. Hellsau is playing my account while I am getting chased by DPRK soldiers partying it up in gangnam.. Luckily my flight doesn't get back until Saturday so no need to try.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Hello.

The T69 is cool and good and wrecks poo poo even with the stock 76mm.

That is all.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Uranium 235 posted:

PINGU is losing every single fight because of poor personal play, poor team play (focus fire, damage sharing, etc) and ignoring direct orders from the caller.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Hellsau posted:

PINGU is losing every single fight because of poor personal play, poor team play (focus fire, damage sharing, etc) and ignoring direct orders from the caller.

Dude. Don't. Kill. Pingu. Until. Monday.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Hellsau posted:

In other words you have your tank in the bag and have begun the process of destroying yet another clan. Bravo Hellsau.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

That our Hellsau! *laugh track*

But no we're losing due to idenfiable poor play and hopefully we will play better.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

JohnGalt posted:

Dude. Don't. Kill. Pingu. Until. Monday.
You'll at least be in the top 2500 personal fame. If PINGU shits the bed then maybe you won't get the IS-5 for free, but you can still get it with gold.

edit: PINGU can probably stay in the top 12... which means they get at least 30 licenses. As long as Hellsau doesn't get tired of socking, he can probably keep you in the top 30 in PINGU. If he has to miss a night then you might get jumped.

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 17, 2015

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

By 5%. Probably not worth it on a heavy, absolute must on lights and mediums.

You'd be surprised, the Soviet and Chinese heavies get halfway decent camouflage values for heavy tanks. When it's late in the game and you're playing cat and mouse with a lurking TD that 3% might just be the difference between getting the spot and getting murdered.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

For camo, just think of it like this: For a couple games of credit farming you can cancel out an entire perk that takes tons of loving games to level up. Worth it on every tank.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Just saw a 260 and T-55A in the same match, same team, not platooned. T-55 was firing HEAT at things he didn't need it for :sigh:

Saw a second T-55A later, too. Meanwhile, I just narrowly missed LT-15, again.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

rossmum posted:

Just saw a 260 and T-55A in the same match, same team, not platooned. T-55 was firing HEAT at things he didn't need it for :sigh:

Saw a second T-55A later, too. Meanwhile, I just narrowly missed LT-15, again.

why shouldn't he shoot Heat at everything :) Only poors can't afford gold rounds.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Uranium 235 posted:

You'll at least be in the top 2500 personal fame. If PINGU shits the bed then maybe you won't get the IS-5 for free, but you can still get it with gold.

edit: PINGU can probably stay in the top 12... which means they get at least 30 licenses. As long as Hellsau doesn't get tired of socking, he can probably keep you in the top 30 in PINGU. If he has to miss a night then you might get jumped.

I haven't played on my or John's accounts since Saturday. You underestimate just how insane the amount of fame we made was in just a couple days.

They need to get rid of personal fame. It is a terrible mechanic that just causes extra hassle and infighting.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

BadLlama posted:

For camo, just think of it like this: For a couple games of credit farming you can cancel out an entire perk that takes tons of loving games to level up. It makes you pretty. Worth it on every tank.

Guys please.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

Guys please.

More importantly, for some nations it can make you look incredibly tacky and garish. That is the best use for camo.

Also it is a straight -5% to the enemy spotting for any tank including heavies, camo everything for clan wars and tournaments.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Descar posted:

why shouldn't he shoot Heat at everything :) Only poors can't afford gold rounds.

Because it doesn't normalise, it doesn't handle spaced armour well, and tracks eat it? Shooting all HEAT out of anything above tier 5 that isn't an E100 is dumb as all hell and the mark of a bad player who desperately wants to be one of the cool kids.

The majority of ammo shot from a T-54/T-55 should be AP unless you're frontally engaging heavies. This winner was firing HEAT at the sides of lower-tier mediums, and not doing damage because their tracks kept eating it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Someone ban Hellsau Chillsau from ruining clans kthxbai, but real talk keep doing God's work brah.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Uranium 235 posted:

I cafe less about the tank and more about watching the train wreck happen.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I'm calling you out; I don't think you have the ability to cause PINGU to implode.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Agrajag posted:

I'm calling you out; I don't think you have the ability to cause PINGU to implode.

Famous last words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Haquer posted:

Famous last words.

He's not good enough to get into PINGU, only players with Type 59s are allowed in.