Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice
I was getting really interested in giving this game a try. Then I read this thread and its kind of scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

not gonna lie I went oh poo poo outloud at that last line

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Here's hoping that thing at 4:40 is the Floating Continent. Looks incredibly sick.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

SiliconX posted:

I was getting really interested in giving this game a try. Then I read this thread and its kind of scary.

the game is as good as this thread is bad

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Holy hell, those new LBs. Megaflare? Sure, why not!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SiliconX posted:

Never let goons influence your opinions.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
I don't even care how cheesy they were, the plot threads in that trailer have me so excited.

"LET US SHOW THESE MORTALS THE TRUE POWER OF THE ECHO!"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Is that Megaflare for SMN's new LB3? That's pretty rad.

I agree.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

SiliconX posted:

The thread is kinda like a sine wave; it alternates between being useful and terrible.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I like Scholar's new LB. Pretty fairies~

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

College Slice
Well then maybe it's not that bad. I've never played with goons so I guess it's a bit like jumping in a freezing lake: your genitals shrivel up and go away but eventually you get used to it.

So would starting right now be ok or would it be better to wait?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

SiliconX posted:

Well then maybe it's not that bad. I've never played with goons so I guess it's a bit like jumping in a freezing lake: your genitals shrivel up and go away but eventually you get used to it.

you have to clear through all of the main game to get to the expansion anyway, so the earlier you start the faster you can get a jump on that

on the other hand you're looking at a 24 hour maintenance in a couple of days straight into the clusterfuck that is a very popular game's first xpac launch. It'll be a miracle if long wait times are the only problem you run into.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I think hosed up and got the wrong kind of key for this. The one I have is five groups of four characters, but the site is asking for a a 6-3-6-3 grouping. Did I get the wrong region code?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Pierson posted:

I think hosed up and got the wrong kind of key for this. The one I have is five groups of four characters, but the site is asking for a a 6-3-6-3 grouping. Did I get the wrong region code?

You might be putting it in the wrong place.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Square has no loving RESPECT for spoilers. I can't believe that the new trailer they posted today shows so much story spoilers and it has literally ruined my gaming experience.

gently caress you Yoshi-P I'm crying right now and there's no one else home to change my diaper.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Holy gently caress that launch trailer has got me even more hype.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

KoB posted:

You might be putting it in the wrong place.
https://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en

This isn't the site?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

SiliconX posted:

The base version is on sale right now which lets you get a decent look at it on the cheap (aside from the fact your first week starting in a few days is going to be marred by all kinds of server traffic issues), from there you can decide if you want access to the 3.0 content at a later date when it's gone on sale. The only thing you miss out on by not having the expansion when you're first starting ARR is the new race.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

hype levels: mars

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
I have never regretted only being able to really play on the weekends more than now. Holy poo poo that trailer.

Also holy poo poo that Warrior LB. I'm never using it cause everyone else has something better but still, holy poo poo.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

College Slice

Tarranon posted:

you have to clear through all of the main game to get to the expansion anyway, so the earlier you start the faster you can get a jump on that

on the other hand you're looking at a 24 hour maintenance in a couple of days straight into the clusterfuck that is a very popular game's first xpac launch. It'll be a miracle if long wait times are the only problem you run into.

Gotcha, thanks. I've been playing WoW since the beginning so I can't imagine it won't be anything I haven't dealt with before.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
has alexander made it into any of the trailers yet as far as we know? it seems conspicuously absent

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Vaguido posted:

Square has no loving RESPECT for spoilers. I can't believe that the new trailer they posted today shows so much story spoilers and it has literally ruined my gaming experience.

gently caress you Yoshi-P I'm crying right now and there's no one else home to change my diaper.

This isn't the first time; I've only gotten as far as clearing Titan since this is basically my third character, and a different HW trailer showed what looked like the Sultana drinking some poisoned wine. Though that trailer also seemed to show her general being gutted and he's present in this trailer, so who knows. I'll find out in maybe a couple weeks, at least

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Try Mogstation

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Warren posted:

I have never regretted only being able to really play on the weekends more than now. Holy poo poo that trailer.

Also holy poo poo that Warrior LB. I'm never using it cause everyone else has something better but still, holy poo poo.

do t13 and you can use it every time :cool: :coal: :cheers:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
i watched a trailer for the return of the jedi and holy frig what happened to han? i'm only on episode one over here, baby! i keep having to pause it every time jar jar comes on because i'm loffing to omuch

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That was it. Thanks guys!

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
That trailer was hype. My only complaint was that I wished the audio balance was a little better because I was having difficulty making out dialogue over the sound of the pipe organs and the chanting.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Stupid question: if I buy Heavensward on Friday do I still get to play it before Tuesday?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So with KOTR being a thing in 3.0 maybe our new relic weapons will be recreations of the Knights' weaponry?

I AM SO loving HYPE. That shot at 3:29, it's loving murder time and I can't wait. :getin: :black101:

Does NIN also do Final Heaven as their LB3? DRG showed their new move but I thought NIN got a new one as well and Final Heaven was just going to be the MNK LB?

Vaguido posted:

Source your quotes.

Tarranon posted:

has alexander made it into any of the trailers yet as far as we know? it seems conspicuously absent

The new WAR LB is used in an Alexander fight in the video and you see Alexander in the benchmark.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Blockhouse posted:

Stupid question: if I buy Heavensward on Friday do I still get to play it before Tuesday?

yeah, its considered a pre-order until tuesday

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

bonewitch posted:

yeah, its considered a pre-order until tuesday

Rad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Evil Fluffy posted:

So with KOTR being a thing in 3.0 maybe our new relic weapons will be recreations of the Knights' weaponry?

I AM SO loving HYPE. That shot at 3:29, it's loving murder time and I can't wait. :getin: :black101:

Does NIN also do Final Heaven as their LB3? DRG showed their new move but I thought NIN got a new one as well and Final Heaven was just going to be the MNK LB?

Source your quotes.

The new WAR LB is used in an Alexander fight in the video and you see Alexander in the benchmark.

The Ninja LB is the thing with the giant glowing swords

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Countblanc posted:

specifically at 4:17 in the video, it's just overshadowed between ORBITAL STRIKE and MEGAFLARE

Chessmaster 3000
Jul 23, 2008

Jesus this coat is huge. I am swimming in this garish piece of shit.
I'm not sure I could possibly be more excited. I don't think I've ever been excited for an MMO expansion.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

bonewitch posted:

specifically at 4:17 in the video, it's just overshadowed between ORBITAL STRIKE and MEGAFLARE

That would explain why I missed it. I was too busy staring at a magitek ion cannon and that kickass megaflare.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
OH MY loving GOOOOOOOOOOOD

That new trailer, god drat! THAT LAST loving LINE SPOKEN

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Countblanc posted:

It's pretty cool that Ninjas get Unlimited Blade Works as their LB3, and Bards get Gate of Babylon (except with arrows)

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

This isn't the first time; I've only gotten as far as clearing Titan since this is basically my third character, and a different HW trailer showed what looked like the Sultana drinking some poisoned wine. Though that trailer also seemed to show her general being gutted and he's present in this trailer, so who knows. I'll find out in maybe a couple weeks, at least

Rest assured that how that happens is waaaay more interesting than that it does. Enjoy, the further you get in the story the more hype you'll be having seen those trailers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I don't give a gently caress if MCH/BRD LBs are less damage than melee dps they're getting used nonstop

• Locked thread