Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Beef Waifu posted:

I am glad Yoko Taro will finally have a game that both plays well and doesn't run like loving rear end besides NIER.

lol that boss fight in Drakengard 3 where it literally drops to 2fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Wait a minute, there's really going to be a Nier 2? Why are people talking about FF7 then? Who gives a flying gently caress about FF7 in light of this news?

Maybe because nobody knows what a loving Nier is.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I guess those fears SE were going to do a Konami and go all-in on mobile development can be put to rest; they're put out a really solid, confident presentation of games. WoFF even looks like it's tailor made to get mobile playing casuals interested in the core console games
I'm interested in almost everything they've announced. It feels like 1997 Square is back.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Raxivace posted:

I don't think so. It's been many years since I've played the game, but I don't recall tracks like this playing when Mako reactors were being bombed or any of the other more dramatic parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjJvyi23xeU

In FF13 this plays while Vanille and Sazh are running away from the game's equivalents to Nazis. That isn't to say the track itself is poor, but the usage of it certainly is.

It's also playing in a lush, tropical forested/coast area.

I mean, considering the vast majority of the game is the cast running from something or another, if you constantly wanted tense chase music sure, but that'd get boring fast.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FFVII Remake, FFXV, KH3, World of FF, Dissidia, and Platinum Games developed NIER, have all of my money Square.

HAVE ALL OF IT

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Legin Noslen posted:

Maybe because nobody knows what a loving Nier is.

Eh, there are far more niche games than that one.

We don't need to be such dicks to each other, it's okay to be interested in both FF VII and NieR. :)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

corn in the bible posted:

they shouldn't change anything because ff7 is good

I 100% agree with this

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
Not to mention the new Hitman and Deus Ex.

Square Enix just won E3.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just Cause 3 looks like it's essentially a love letter to JC2 fans. It's not my favourite game, but it looks like a really good sequel.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Beef Waifu posted:

FFVII Remake, FFXV, KH3, World of FF, Dissidia, and Platinum Games developed NIER, have all of my money Square.

HAVE ALL OF IT

I might even play some of those phone games.

Hell, I might even play SO5.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

CrookedB posted:

Not to mention the new Hitman and Deus Ex.

Square Enix just won E3.

everyone won e3

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

everyone won e3

E3 2015 has been very good and it's not even over yet!!!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Wait a minute, there's really going to be a Nier 2? Why are people talking about FF7 then? Who gives a flying gently caress about FF7 in light of this news?
they're probably really excited for it in the Nier thread

We play Final Fantasy here.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can be excited about both you super ninja bitch.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
The only change they should make is to allow skipping summon cut scenes. I know I just w-summoned and mimed kotr twice, I don't need to watch the drat thing 6 times in a row.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nier 2 is the only game newly announced this year that I am excited for.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm so happy about games

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
wheres saga, square, you CUNTS

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hellioning posted:

It's also playing in a lush, tropical forested/coast area.

I mean, considering the vast majority of the game is the cast running from something or another, if you constantly wanted tense chase music sure, but that'd get boring fast.

It doesn't have to be constant tense chase music (And shouldn't be), but the music should match the tone of what the story itself is going for at the moment.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

It doesn't have to be constant tense chase music (And shouldn't be), but the music should match the tone of what the story itself is going for at the moment.

But in 7 you're chasing down a murderous psychopath for like 25 hours and there's tons of goofy music because you do goofy stuff in between.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I personally cannot wait for all these kids who think ff7 is the rpg mecca finally being able to play it. And they'll find out it's just another run of the mill jrpg. It's mainly important/impressive because of what it did when it did it.

Personally the lack of another Remnant game means they have yet to win my heart.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Nihilarian posted:

they're probably really excited for it in the Nier thread

We play Final Fantasy here.

We talk about other Square Enix RPGs and Square Enix as a whole sometimes here. (In fact those are the best posts of this thread: Sunning posts) Every RPG thread should be celebrating.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Nasgate posted:

I personally cannot wait for all these kids who think ff7 is the rpg mecca finally being able to play it. And they'll find out it's just another run of the mill jrpg. It's mainly important/impressive because of what it did when it did it.

Personally the lack of another Remnant game means they have yet to win my heart.

atlus is localizing the 3ds saga-in-all-but-name rpg for this fall though so that's ok

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZaXYnM2wlU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also highly doubt there is still an active Nier thread on this forum

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

[video type=""]uZaXYnM2wlU[/video]

Caught you bitch

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I also highly doubt there is still an active Nier thread on this forum

There is a Drakengard 3 thread but I don't know if many people even know about it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol I got a clip of the ad instead, loving phone YouTube

Idgaf it's a good week

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This is the weirdest and best E3 ever what the gently caress Nier 2 what the gently caress.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

wheres Tactics Ogre, square, you CUNTS

Fixed that for you.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anybody get the good reaction vids from the theater up yet

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

epitasis posted:

anybody get the good reaction vids from the theater up yet

The only notable thing from the crowd (which was basically empty) was a dude who screamed something like "OH MY GOD!!!!" when he thought Kingdom Hearts III was coming on and it was just for the mobile game.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I really don't even care about a remaster, I just want FF7 ported to PS4. I'm actually kinda bummed its a full remaster because that means its going to be a long wait.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

But in 7 you're chasing down a murderous psychopath for like 25 hours and there's tons of goofy music because you do goofy stuff in between.

Separate issue. They play the goofier music during goofy scenes, not while Cloud is trying to find Aerith right before she's killed or Barret is on the way to kill Dyne or Mako Reactors are being bombed or any of the other more serious parts of the story.

Whether those goofy scenes should exist or not is different debate. Personally I think it works because FF7 doesn't take itself so seriously the entire time, and they don't stress an absurd time limit on the party needing to accomplish their goals until Meteor is summoned IIRC. At that point, yeah, being able to chill out at the Gold Saucer doesn't make complete sense. In comparison, that segment of FF13 starts with Sazh and Vanille noticing the army is in the same area, state that they need to get away, then Vanille monologues about Sazh acting like she doesn't exist sometimes or something, and then we get a peppy song about rainbows in a bright jungle location as we engage in general gameplay that's disconnected from what sets this entire segment up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aurain posted:

The only notable thing from the crowd (which was basically empty) was a dude who screamed something like "OH MY GOD!!!!" when he thought Kingdom Hearts III was coming on and it was just for the mobile game.

that dude died :rip:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Sakurazuka posted:

I might even play some of those phone games.

Hell, I might even play SO5.

Woah there. I know we're being dangerously positive in this thread at the moment, but let's not say things we can't take back.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
FFXIV Heavensward launch trailer is up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGFZ6RJqTWY
If all you care about is flashy spectacle, then all of the new LBs start at 3:55 onwards.

So. Pretty. :allears:

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

I really don't even care about a remaster, I just want FF7 ported to PS4. I'm actually kinda bummed its a full remaster because that means its going to be a long wait.

You're going to get both, FYI.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Aurain posted:

thanks i meant from the sony reveal tho. I couldn't find any yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

siotle posted:

FFXIV Heavensward launch trailer is up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGFZ6RJqTWY
If all you care about is flashy spectacle, then all of the new LBs start at 3:55 onwards.

So. Pretty. :allears:

Urgh, I'm really going to have to find the time to commit to finishing XIV's story at some point. I just seems like such a gargantuan task.