Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

GMArcturus posted:

That info is not true. The battle DOES NOT have to be with Nobodies. You just have to be in battle, period.

Well, that expedites things for the future. If I come back to this game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
So to try and lay all this to rest... (though I was waiting for Final Form to actually get unlocked)

So, as far as I can tell from my own experiences and from what information I can get off of the internet, and I think Rhio mentioned this in the video, Final Form has a chance of taking the place of Anti-Form in a transformation.

The way it works is that after the events at Memory's Skyscraper, every time you would normally go Anti-Form after that, you have a chance to go Final Form instead, until it's unlocked. The first time you have a 25% chance of Final Form unlocking, the second time is a 50%, and then the third Anti-Form, if you've gone that far without being lucky enough to get it, will be 100%. And as is usual, Anti-Form's chances of appearing are based entirely on the points you have. Come to think of it, this may be why Organization fights have such a high multiplier to your chance of getting Anti-Form.

What Two Become One does is that Light & Dark makes it so that your drive will ALWAYS be Anti-Form. However, if you haven't unlocked Final Form yet, obviously that's still part of the formula, so you can get Final Form. It takes the counter out of the equation, which is nice since 'grinding' for Final Form in KH2 sucked.

If you somehow haven't gotten it to work like this, it MIGHT be a possibility that you need 5 Drive Bars for it to work? But I really don't think so.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
New Update!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 041 – "KH2 FM HD: Finny Fun Begins Here!"

New Episode
Episode 041 – "KH2 FM HD: Finny Fun Begins Here!"

Jiminy's Journal Update - Well, two of the updates should have already been added. Like Xaldin I completely blanked on remembering to add them at them when I should have. Oh well, better late than never I suppose.

New Characters

Diablo

Diablo is Maleficent's pet raven that seems to be the only reason that Maleficent ever came back in my opinion. If Diablo hadn't shown up at Yen Sid's window with Maleficent's cloak then I doubt the magic that resurrected her would have activated.
VA: None

Prince Eric

Prince Eric is the handsome human that Ariel falls in love with and this really get Triton angry for some reason.
VA: Christopher Daniel Barnes

New Nobodies

Sorcerer

These are the lower form Nobodies under the direct control of Xemnas. Their attacks consist of psychically manipulating several transparent, pink cubes to bash Sora and company around.
Reaction Command: None

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh god Atlantica.
I did the tutorial for it and then never touched hte drat place.

Then I found out what I had to do to get Ultima Weapon.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

At least they give all the other recurring villains a reason why they are no longer dead. Jafar is a genie, Oogie comes back via magic, Maleficent was never really dead and just needed to be remembered or something like that, but Ursula they just go "Oh crap, the 1 villain in this world and we killed her. Should we come up with a reason she is back?" "Nah, it's just a rhythm game world anyway."

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

gatesealer posted:

At least they give all the other recurring villains a reason why they are no longer dead. Jafar is a genie, Oogie comes back via magic, Maleficent was never really dead and just needed to be remembered or something like that, but Ursula they just go "Oh crap, the 1 villain in this world and we killed her. Should we come up with a reason she is back?" "Nah, it's just a rhythm game world anyway."

Well...technically we never saw her actually die. We just saw her flail around and sink into a huge sea of black clouds while screaming and clutching her throat the whole time. So...maybe she was just mortally wounded in our fight, but never actually killed?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Update!

If you are interested in the Persona livestream playlist then I have just finished adding episodes 23 - 26 to that playlist as well.

Episode 023
Episode 024
Episode 025
Episode 026

I will also be continuing the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic stream tonight as well after I get home from work. So that will start around 9pm central time if you are interested in that game. We are getting very close to the end of that one and when we do I will return to Persona 4 to finish that one and then move on to streaming Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords with the Restoration Content installed as well as planet M4-78.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 1, 2015

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh god Atlantica.
I did the tutorial for it and then never touched the drat place.

Then I found out what I had to do to get Ultima Weapon.

There is nothing in the whole wide world I "love" more than when an adventure/role playing game suddenly throws in my way a required task with gameplay lifted from a genre I hate and am terrible at. If only there were tuna nets in Atlantica for Sora to tangle himself in...

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 042 – "KH2 FM HD: Is She Gone For Good?"

New Episode
Episode 042 – "KH2 FM HD: Is She Gone For Good?"

Jiminy's Journal Update

New Characters

Andrina

Andrina is a slim, light-skinned mermaid with a purple tail. She wears a brassiere, made from purple seashells and a large pink flower in her hair. She has blonde hair, blue eyes and red lips.
VA: Unknown

Attina

Attina has a red and orange tail and wears a brassiere, made from orange seashells. She has brown hair gathered in a knot, with five red, horn-like decorations in it. She also has blue eyes and red lips.
VA: Uknown

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I really love these LPs and all (I really need to play 2 final mix, given how gold 2 vanilla left me way back when), but I kind of wish you would divide up the world that never was and the extra stuff. I just kind of like the idea of mixing up anime pretty boy murder with Pooh bear (also I sent you a request to be on this LP over Skype and you didn't respond and I'm sort of disappointed. Please reconsider maybe?)

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

ManlyGrunting posted:

I really love these LPs and all (I really need to play 2 final mix, given how gold 2 vanilla left me way back when), but I kind of wish you would divide up the world that never was and the extra stuff. I just kind of like the idea of mixing up anime pretty boy murder with Pooh bear (also I sent you a request to be on this LP over Skype and you didn't respond and I'm sort of disappointed. Please reconsider maybe?)

Ah, I don't seem to see the request. Is there anyway you can post your Skype name? Or could you send another message to TheGreatJoshini on Skype? I would love to have anyone who wants to be on the commentary.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 6, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I have something I need to ask the thread. During the postgame content we will be taking on quite a few bonus bosses. My question is do you want me to leave in the failure attempts (to be honest there aren't many of these) or just the successful attempts at each boss? Just let me know here in the thread. Also, to ManlyGrunting send a skype message to TheGreatJoshini and that way I can see if I can work you into the next recording session.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'd say just leave the successes. You can just talk about failures during any blank period (not that you guys ever seem to have those).

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If something amusing happens during a failure run, it might be worthwhile to add it to the final video.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I'm thinking that the best way to do it would be to only showcase the failures if they provide a way for someone to learn from the mistakes I made. If the failure was merely due to me not paying attention during the fight then we will just skip to the success. I believe only died once on any of the bosses I fought so you wouldn't be missing much.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

If something amusing happens during a failure run, it might be worthwhile to add it to the final video.

Gonna go with this idea. Repeated failure reels are only good if something funny happens each time. And even then it can get old. And this reminds me, I once sent you a request to help commentate in your videos, but you never responded. But to be honest, I'm not really up for it now anyway, so it's okay.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

Gonna go with this idea. Repeated failure reels are only good if something funny happens each time. And even then it can get old. And this reminds me, I once sent you a request to help commentate in your videos, but you never responded. But to be honest, I'm not really up for it now anyway, so it's okay.

Seriously? Alright if anyone else has sent requests to be in the commentary to my Skype name of TheGreatJoshini could you please send them one more time? If you have the ability to send a PM here on the forums then just PM me your Skype name and I will get back ASAP. I'm sorry I haven't responded to everyone who has sent requests. I'm guessing its a failure on Skype's end because this is apparently the second time this has happened.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

go with the "only if it's funny" idea. I assume some of those fights will be long so unless something interesting happens each time, it would just get boring.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright, well I suppose it will just be successes only then because I don't think the deaths were humorous in any way, besides leaving them out will cut down on episode length which I'm trying really hard to do for the postgame episodes.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 043 – "KH2 FM HD: And Now We Return To The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"

New Episode
Episode 043 – "KH2 FM HD: And Now We Return To The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"

Jiminy's Journal Update

New Characters

Gopher

Everyone knows who Gopher is. He is just about the best character in Winnie the Pooh. Funnily enough, he is the only character to not debut in the original books.
VA: Michael Gough

Kanga

Kanga is the mother Roo and is a very responsible member of the 100 Acre Wood cast. She is also very motherly and gives out advice when needed.
VA: Tress MacNeille

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I am disappointed that there was no talk about the Pooh mafia in this video. That was the best part of the KH1 version of these videos. ...also, is it just me, or do the controls look a bit too lose in the Hunny Slider minigame?

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

Nameless Fool posted:

I am disappointed that there was no talk about the Pooh mafia in this video. That was the best part of the KH1 version of these videos. ...also, is it just me, or do the controls look a bit too lose in the Hunny Slider minigame?

Part of that might be Arcturus using/not using dash respectively, but part of it is that it looks loose. From my experience with the game, you get to know exactly how much you need to move and the timing and whatnot, so it actually ends up being good, tight controls. In all honesty I find the Light Cycle controls looser than Hunny Slider.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Any chance we could see the pages of Jimminy's journal and what Arcturus needs to actually do to finish it at some point?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Any chance we could see the pages of Jimminy's journal and what Arcturus needs to actually do to finish it at some point?
What exactly were you wanting to see? I ask because I have all of the rest of the episodes (including postgame) recorded already. I can tell you that I will not be showing the Twilight Town minigames again because I showed off all of them to my knowledge and the only other minigames I have definitely already shown off. Those being lightcycle and skateboarding. We have already collected all of the treasure chests and puzzle pieces from everywhere except for the last large area that is part of Radiant Garden as well.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I respectfully disagree about Christopher Robin not being hardcore. There's a reason there aren't any baseball minigames in the hundred acre wood.

For context, there was a baseball game based on Winnie the Pooh that was a thing for a while because you had to hit a certain amount of balls through obnoxious gimmicks like zigzag patterns, speeding up after being released, straight up turning invisible and other hilarious bullshit: Christopher Robin was the final challenger and could do all of these things and you had to hit 40 out of 45 balls: also fouls or not hitting the ball far enough counted as a miss.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

paragon1 posted:

Generally, you can split up what you need to do to finish the journal into four parts: story, minigames, fights, and collection.

Story is obvious; finish the story parts, talk to all the characters, etc. Basically if you don't skip worlds you'll get this.

Minigames are generally either 'Do them again' or 'Get a specific score on them'. Some of the scores can be fairly tricky, and one of the major stopping points of this is the tournaments, which have score requirements to complete the journal. It's not particularly difficult, but for some cups it can be really tedious, as you have to grind points via Stitch. FM also added a post-game sidequest that is essentially ALL minigames, and is required to see the true secret ending on any difficulty, even critical.

Fights are self-evident: Beat one of everything in the game. This includes hidden enemies like the gachapons, and optional bosses (of which there are a bunch in FM). This is probably the most difficult of all the parts to complete, because of the superboss FM added. The other two requirements for getting the true secret ending are connected to this.

Collection is, well, collection. Get all the treasure chests, get all of the puzzle pieces. I THINK this might include something about synthesis as well? I honestly don't know as I aim to completely all synthesizing whenever I play the game, including all the things you can unlock for better synthesizing or gathering materials.

As far as I'm aware, Arcturus is not getting the score requirements for some of the minigames, and might not be doing all the synthesizing (which may or may not be required, again.) Just imagine Arcturus went back and played those minigames again until he got a sufficiently high score, and the journal will basically be complete.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

GMArcturus posted:

What exactly were you wanting to see? I ask because I have all of the rest of the episodes (including postgame) recorded already. I can tell you that I will not be showing the Twilight Town minigames again because I showed off all of them to my knowledge and the only other minigames I have definitely already shown off. Those being lightcycle and skateboarding. We have already collected all of the treasure chests and puzzle pieces from everywhere except for the last large area that is part of Radiant Garden as well.

I meant the journal pages themselves. :v:

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

paragon1 posted:

I meant the journal pages themselves. :v:

I can screenshot the pages if you want me to but as of right now, aside from getting the high score on some of the tournaments, everything is completely filled out.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Eh, on second thought don't worry about it.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update Time!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 044 – "KH2 FM HD: Till Next Time Pooh Bear"

New Episode
Episode 044 – "KH2 FM HD: Till Next Time Pooh Bear"

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Update tonight!

New Episode
Episode 045 – "KH2 FM HD: Collectathon Part 1"

There will only be one link in each of the updates for this week because there were no cutscenes in these two updates. This means that that episodes 45 and 46 are exactly the same in both playlists.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I think that story summary using "this guy" instead of character names also had a video. I'd link it, but it contains massive spoilers for the series. Also, Arcturus, what time do you typically record commentary? I was wondering if I could join a session if possible.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Nameless Fool posted:

Also, Arcturus, what time do you typically record commentary? I was wondering if I could join a session if possible.
We typically record at 12pm central time on Saturdays. Message TheGreatJoshini on Skype so I can get your Skype name and add you to my contacts list.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

So, I have some bad news for the thread. As of right now I am going to have to take Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance off of the list of titles to be played because capture cards are out of stock and S-E didn't feel the need to make Dream Drop Distance HD. I hate to do this to you guys but honestly, I don't have any choice because I am unable to get footage for the game. I honestly wish that it was just a financial issue on my part because that is something I can solve. Unfortunately it isn't and that is what has led to this decision. I understand if you don't want to pay attention to this thread anymore.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Well If you can't capture it than nothing you can really do about it. Shame too, because I never played that one and really wanted to see it, but oh well.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Yeah, that's a real shame. Maybe something will change down the line, so don't lose hope yet.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

The problem is that for everything to be on schedule I would need a 3DS capture card by at the very latest the second week of November. This is a problem because the 3DScapture.com forum has said that Loopy has been sold out of capture cards for several months now and it isn't looking like they will be back in stock until well after I would need it. My last hope was that Square-Enix would keep their promise of getting all of the Kingdom Hearts games on one console (that being the PS3 or at the worst PS4) which would have included Dream Drop Distance. It seems they have seen fit to break that promise and just mess everything up for me.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

And I suppose Amazon and Ebay are out of the question.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

And I suppose Amazon and Ebay are out of the question.

A quick ebay search shows 3 promising results; 2 of which has a photo "proving" it works. 350$ at the lowest. SO...you feel lucky?

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

The only reason that I don't want to go to Amazon or Ebay is because of the exorbitant price increase. If I have Loopy do it on my 3DS it is $250 otherwise I have to spend at least an extra $100 to get it when I already have a 3DS and a 3DSXL. There is no guarantee that the ones on Amazon or Ebay work either.

• Locked thread