Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Intel&Sebastian posted:

2) Is this new Jeb quote going around on W and privatizing social security as bad as it looks? Because it looks really loving bad. Im sorry i dont have it because Im on my phone but he referred to W's scheme and said the next president needs to "try that again"

Ahaha, seriously? I wouldn't have legit thought so but he might actually gently caress up the nomination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"Make American Great Again"? No, that actually makes sense as a statement. How about "Make Our Country New Again"? Well, that's technically impossible... Perfect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwPAy9Sprnk

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
At best, he was saying the next president needs to monkey with SS but not the way W did. Not good at all.

I'm rapidly losing fear of his hypothetical general run. He's racking up these lovely little thorns and he's barely even announced. And while I think he's right that the early campaign shake up and fundraising shortfall won't mean jack poo poo in the long run, I think he's sorely mistaken if he thinks he can laugh off the scarlett letter thing, the Terri Schiavo incident, or this. And here we all thought he'd have a hard time grappling with his last name.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Joementum posted:

"Make American Great Again"? No, that actually makes sense as a statement. How about "Make Our Country New Again"? Well, that's technically impossible... Perfect!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwPAy9Sprnk

I'm disappointed in the lack of "young boy waving flag, slow motion"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

comes along bort posted:

Ahaha, seriously? I wouldn't have legit thought so but he might actually gently caress up the nomination.

“My brother tried, got totally wiped out,” Bush said. “Republicans and Democrats wanted nothing to do with it. The next president is going to have to try again.”

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Joementum posted:

“My brother tried, got totally wiped out,” Bush said. “Republicans and Democrats wanted nothing to do with it. The next president is going to have to try again.”

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

:vince:

If this post got in front of the right eyes I bet you would have a nice job on Hilldog's social media team.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

At best, he was saying the next president needs to monkey with SS but not the way W did. Not good at all.

I'm rapidly losing fear of his hypothetical general run. He's racking up these lovely little thorns and he's barely even announced. And while I think he's right that the early campaign shake up and fundraising shortfall won't mean jack poo poo in the long run, I think he's sorely mistaken if he thinks he can laugh off the scarlett letter thing, the Terri Schiavo incident, or this. And here we all thought he'd have a hard time grappling with his last name.

I think his main obstacle is going to be that he is a goddamn idiot. It's very hard for goddamn idiots to make their way through this life; he's quite lucky he was born with a silver spoon.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
6/16 Candidate stops

Jim Webb is still in Iowa.

Donald Trump announced his presidency and will be in Des Moines tonight.

Don't know about the other candidates. Didn't see anything listed.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, like she'd play second fiddle to that rear end in a top hat. He'd be lucky to be 20th on the list for her VP.

Winfrey/Orman 2016.
Forever single black woman with open lesbian as running mate, all of Freep dies of aneurysm.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
So if you're wondering how, exactly, Trump is worth $9 billion, consider that he claims that his name alone is worth $3 billion.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Mother of God..

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm just agog at how bad he is as a politician. This guy carpetbagged into state office twice? Even granting that it was Florida, it's hard to figure.

But then I remember how late last year he was heavily recruited (i.e. begged and pleaded with) by the GOP's business/establishment wing to get into the race because of the lack of any other real legitimate 'moderate' business candidates. A year ago he was thinking about corporate board meetings and influence peddling, now he's running for President. I'm starting to get the sense that Bush is in this as a duty or obligation, not because he burns red-hot inside to be President, and that's why his campaign has been so lackluster so far. Say what you will about Romney, he busted his rear end every waking moment for six years to be President (and in a lot of ways, he still is). I'm just not seeing any fire in the belly, any deftness, any ability to connect to voters, or any political savvy in him.

I read somewhere it looks like he was hoping to do what Hillary Clinton tried in 2008, which was to raise such giant piles of money and get the entire party establishment on his back in order to shock-and-awe the competition and steal their oxygen (which is also how his brother successfully won the nomination in 2000). But the rules have changed, billionaire funders and SuperPACs mean there's effectively unlimited money out there to raise, and even a minor candidate can be kept afloat with internet donations, so what he got was Hillary's actual 2008 campaign, a joyless state-by-state slog through the primaries scrapping with equals. I'm pretty sure this is not what he signed up for, and that he's more than a little pissed about it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Gonna take a wild guess here that Neil Young didn't approve the use of this song for Donald Trump's campaign.

quote:

Elliot Roberts, Young’s longtime manager, told Mother Jones in a statement that Trump’s use of the song was not cleared by the artist.

“Donald Trump’s use of ‘Rockin’ in the Free World’ was not authorized,” Roberts said, adding for good measure, “Mr. Young is a longtime supporter of Bernie Sanders.”

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I found Newt!

What you thought was coming.....is here now!

http://www.skylinechurch.org/futureconference2015program/

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

So if you're wondering how, exactly, Trump is worth $9 billion, consider that he claims that his name alone is worth $3 billion.

I'm sure you'll find that's a line item on his accounting report.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Joementum's prediction that Neil Young would be annoyed at Trump using his song was correct!

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-donald-trump-neil-young-rockin-free-world-20150616-story.html

Plus, Neil's already endorsed Sanders.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The office where I work started a pool for who wins the GOP nomination, whoever guesses right gets a bottle of booze of their choice within price reason. I went with Walker: he's an empty suit operated remotely by the Koches, but he doesn't pretend to be anything else and seems like the bland, inoffensive choice for the GOP.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Look at Tal Prince. You can tell he's into some sick poo poo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dr. Tough posted:

I'm disappointed in the lack of "young boy waving flag, slow motion"

That would be very old.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

My main takeaway from this is Rand's logo is way more appealing when it's not in the standard entry-level fascist dystopia color scheme

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I found Newt!

What you thought was coming.....is here now!

http://www.skylinechurch.org/futureconference2015program/

That is surprisingly multi ethnic and multi gender.

Maybe we SHOULD have elected Newt as leader of the civilizing forces.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Obdicut posted:

Look at Tal Prince. You can tell he's into some sick poo poo.

Stephen Coughlin's (in the Terrorism group) crooked glasses look like someone just smacked him on the back of his head.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

This is about the time Romney is going to ride in on a white horse and end up the establishment candidate by default again, right? :mitt:

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Random integer 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

GreyjoyBastard posted:

That is surprisingly multi ethnic and multi gender.

Maybe we SHOULD have elected Newt as leader of the civilizing forces.

Was about to post the same thing. Wasn't even expecting one PoC let alone a handful. Clearly this won't be attended by most Republicans.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jazerus posted:

This is about the time Romney is going to ride in on a white horse and end up the establishment candidate by default again, right? :mitt:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Cythereal posted:

The office where I work started a pool for who wins the GOP nomination, whoever guesses right gets a bottle of booze of their choice within price reason. I went with Walker: he's an empty suit operated remotely by the Koches, but he doesn't pretend to be anything else and seems like the bland, inoffensive choice for the GOP.

Much like Johnie Walker Red.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
So can I buy a Trump 2016 t-shirt yet, as I feel my years of following politics have led to owning one.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jazerus posted:

Nah, Jeb already has the "establishment candidate by default" slot locked up.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Jazerus posted:

Nope. We don't have R-money to kick around any more!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Here are the times he mentioned ISIS in the speech.

quote:

And, I can tell, some of the candidates, they went in. They didn’t know the air-conditioner didn’t work. They sweated like dogs.

This isn't an expression. Dog's don't even sweat!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jazerus posted:

I am dead serious when I say that at some future point in this clownparade there will be a "Draft Mitt" movement.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Jazerus posted:

"Romney hosting GOP summit, planning nomination coup?"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FMguru posted:

I am dead serious when I say that at some future point in this clownparade there will be a "Draft Mitt" movement.

I doubt it. There are enough featureless automatons with outdated user interfaces in this show that a proven failure of a model shouldn't be necessary.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I am Donald J. Trump, billionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
You guys mock him now, but when The Donald wins there will be hell toupée.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Fried Chicken posted:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fried Chicken posted:

Then Hillary will bulldoze him and it will be a wonderful sight.

What niche does Trump even have in the primaries? We've already got a failed CEO in the waddling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cythereal posted:

What niche does Trump even have in the primaries? We've already got a failed CEO in the waddling.
Really low-information voters who think MORE MONEY = BETTER THAN, of which there are more than a few in the GOP primary electorate.

• Locked thread