Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I can't decide on crafting...

Culinarian, Goldsmith, ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I can't decide on crafting...

Culinarian, Goldsmith, ???

Alchemist if you don't know someone, or blsm for weapon

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

According to the changed actions list, it appears positionals will be added to Aeolian edge (lame) and shadow fang, probably. I say shadow fang because the patch says fade shift and that isn't an ability that exists. Seems reasonable to me although I would have much rather had the positional put on dancing edge so my solo play doesn't get mucked with.

As a MNK the more jobs feel my pain, the better my misery is.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

shade shift is perfect dodge, not shadow fang

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Klewer posted:

shade shift is perfect dodge, not shadow fang

Hmm. Wonder if that means they are only adding 1 positional? Guess I am stuck waiting to know until the full patch notes in a couple days.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
I assume the new skills they're adding will have positionals.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Hype for machinist.

Not sure what role Bard/MCH lb fills, we already have an AoE lb with less clunky targeting

Unless it does more damage in which case lol

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Doublestep posted:

Hype for machinist.

Not sure what role Bard/MCH lb fills, we already have an AoE lb with less clunky targeting

Unless it does more damage in which case lol

Alterations to army's paeon and mana song too, maybe bringing them more in line with the machinists one?

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Looks like Yoshida just reiterated that the cost of a basement workshop will be "less than a million".

Jokes immediately began about how the price is 999,999 gil.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Please don't nerf

quote:

Stone
Protect
Proshell
Stone II
Presence of Mind
Stoneskin
Holy
Aero II
Stoneskin II

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
Nothing about the FC alliances they've mentioned. I hope it isn't a future patch.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Stormgale posted:

Alterations to army's paeon and mana song too, maybe bringing them more in line with the machinists one?

From what videos we've seen I'm willing to bet the Machinist resource restores require standing almost directly next to the turret in its AoE for a greater amount and Bard will be lesser but spread out across the party.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
[2.0] Level sync will now reduce the parameters of gear based on the values of high quality gear rather than normal quality gear.

loving YES

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Doublestep posted:

From what videos we've seen I'm willing to bet the Machinist resource restores require standing almost directly next to the turret in its AoE for a greater amount and Bard will be lesser but spread out across the party.

Yeah but then the machinist will be so much better, just fling the turret on a melee or on the healers.

Little more micro for better effect

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Chimatsuri (Bloodbath) is a fancy name for the NIN LB3, especially considering it really just appears to be the NIN spamming the Throw command. :allears:

And it of course begs the question of whether the Ascians have enough weapons.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
You're required to use the AoE turret and it doesn't attack while acting as a generator, and there's a cooldown on Turret Retrieval, it's probably not going to be that easy.

And turrets are supposed to be a large source of dps, so it may be even more of a downside for the MCH to do that.

Ideally, you're probably going to want to do something like have a designated refresh spot in a boss arena for your healers, and drop a MP generator when they need it. TP will be an issue because all melee have positionals now, and they seem to be discouraging stacking

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 17, 2015

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Well I feel they basically have to make them have parity otherwise one will be flat out better, the Damage % loss from both should be similar as is the effect

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
MCH will probably have a greater effect at a greater cost with microing, BRD will be larger with less effect and less draw on dps.

Foe Requiem isn't in that adjustment list so they might be lowering the damage reduction on Paeon and Ballad. We also don't know what Warden's Paean does yet. If you have both it will almost certainly be Bard on Foe/Paean and MCH on restoration duty. TP might not even be an issue because of Astrologian and possible changes in fight design.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Doublestep posted:

MCH will probably have a greater effect at a greater cost with microing, BRD will be larger with less effect and less draw on dps.

Foe Requiem isn't in that adjustment list so they might be lowering the damage reduction on Paeon and Ballad. We also don't know what Warden's Paean does yet. If you have both it will almost certainly be Bard on Foe/Paean and MCH on restoration duty. TP might not even be an issue because of Astrologian and possible changes in fight design.

I'd guess a defensive song, to counterpoint the MCN's ability to debuff the boss' damage.

It'd also fit into your micro vs ease of use comparison.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
If that was the case it would be interesting. Maybe a 5 or 10% reduction to Int and Str since MCH had to pick between (INT and STR reduction abilities share CDs for them)

Or a longer lasting, shittier Virus

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Countblanc posted:

What was that trick people were talking about before, something like opening a window so the client won't kick you

Start crafting an item.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Doublestep posted:

If something that you drop and forget about is 20% of the job's DPS, I feel like that's pretty dubious design.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Virulence posted:

If something that you drop and forget about is 20% of the job's DPS, I feel like that's pretty dubious design.

Hence why I think the bard songs are getting the damage % reduced, it's to bring some parity between classes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol: still no mac system specs released and the game comes out next week.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
There's a lot of really awesome QoL stuff and other little things in those patch notes, but this:

quote:

[2.0] Players can now hire up to eight retainers.
* Players are normally limited to two retainers per character. To hire additional retainers, please use the optional retainer service (NA: http://sqex.to/4Aq / EU: http://sqex.to/nLj ) available on the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.

...kinda sucks. I don't think it's reasonable to expect current inventory limitations to suffice for all the new expansion content, nor to have players pay to fix a design issue. It would be different if they were better about updating the armoire and calamity vendors, but they're notoriously behind on those. I'd bet inventory limits will be one of the major complaints to emerge over the next few months. Not just retainers, either; with three new classes, that armory chest is starting to look pretty small.

Maybe they'll at least offer some kind of package deal like $3/mo for all 6 retainers? :ohdear:

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Stormgale posted:

Hence why I think the bard songs are getting the damage % reduced, it's to bring some parity between classes.

From the all we know about Heavensward google doc we know that Machinist TP/MP regen will be weaker than Bard's, anyway.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Virulence posted:

Machinist has to manage their turret like a pet, it isn't drop and forget.

e: Hmm, didn't see that google doc. Is there any source on the regen being notably weaker? I don't remember anyone ever going into detail about that

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

You drop your turret and it cannot be moved or targeted and attacks automatically. Aside from where you actually place it, they're closer to shadowflare or flaming arrow than Summoner or Scholar pets.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Virulence posted:

You drop your turret and it cannot be moved or targeted and attacks automatically. Aside from where you actually place it, they're closer to shadowflare or flaming arrow than Summoner or Scholar pets.

It has a range and the placement/retrieval abilities are short cd. And you have to actively swap between Gatling and Bishop. It's more management than a ground aoe.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
It's finally overat least for like a week. oh god help me

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hellioning posted:

Never let goons influence your opinions.

I did, and I'm glad for it. This game is the best game. If I trusted random people on the internet instead, I'd still be thinking SE ruined the game with 2.0.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

seorin posted:

Maybe they'll at least offer some kind of package deal like $3/mo for all 6 retainers? :ohdear:

Considering just one extra retainer is $2 a month:

Ahahahahahahahaha

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
"Players will be temporarily unable to challenge Tataru to Triple Triad matches after reaching a certain point in the main scenario."

:ohdear:

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Emalde posted:

The base version is on sale right now which lets you get a decent look at it on the cheap (aside from the fact your first week starting in a few days is going to be marred by all kinds of server traffic issues), from there you can decide if you want access to the 3.0 content at a later date when it's gone on sale. The only thing you miss out on by not having the expansion when you're first starting ARR is the new race.

Mother gently caress, I just bout it a few days ago. Meh, only :10bux: I suppose.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Generated an extra code accidentally so for new people trying out the game, if you want a Recruit-A-Friend code here is one: 4GECG6JU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

vOv posted:

I wonder if they'll tick faster or just do more damage per tick.

The latter because the former is a massive waste of manpower and a huge risk of loving up all sorts of things by trying to make something work out of sync with server ticks.

fount of knowledge posted:

As a MNK the more jobs feel my pain, the better my misery is.

Amen.

Get hosed NINs with your lack of positionals you lazy bastards.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

is sharlayan every bought up in game?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Grondoth posted:

Please don't nerf

We know at least that proshell is just getting baked into protect or some variation on that so that white mages don't have a better protect than everyone else, so that's probably all that one means.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Kuvo posted:

is sharlayan every bought up in game?

It's where the Leveilleurs are from (Alph, his sister, and his grandpa) as well as where Urianger and Moenbryda, it's where the other Scions got some training, and it's where Minfilia had a number of contacts. It's also where the scholars who were researching the Crystal Tower are from.

However, the city marked "Sharlayan" on the map is actually basically a "New Sharlayan" colony that was evacuated during the original Garlean invasion before 1.0 and before the battle over Silvertear Lake where Midgardsormr originally died. It's been abandoned now, and every indication is that we'll be visiting and reclaiming the abandoned colony when we go to the Dravanian Hinterlands. The quote-unquote real Sharlayan is a series of islands just off the map to the west of Dravania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SpaceDrake posted:

The quote-unquote real Sharlayan is a series of islands just off the map to the west of Dravania.

Wasn't minfilia crying about being unable to contact somone on some islands and like the whole thing disappearing? Is this what that was about?

• Locked thread