Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Every time someone refers to you as commander the prefix it with a very soft "Cobra" you can hear it if you listen.

Bradford's last name is Bludd... just waiting for the eyepatch.

Monolith Base, Helicarrier, it all adds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

...that would make Vahlen the Baroness.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hooman posted:

Every time someone refers to you as commander the prefix it with a very soft "Cobra" you can hear it if you listen.

Bradford's last name is Bludd... just waiting for the eyepatch.

Monolith Base, Helicarrier, it all adds up.

If X-COM 2's intro can be modded someone needs to do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ah2I166f_U

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Vib Rib posted:

Not really the game for that. This isn't some soul-searching "who are the REAL invaders" situation because it's them. They are the real invaders. They are the ones with giant 10 foot monsters and turrets to shoot civilians if they have protests and black vans that abduct people in the night and literal snake monsters that will eat you.

Basically have the bad guys be cartoon villains and have XCOM be shady as gently caress themselves.

Plenty of precedence. You'd happily outfit council members with high tech weapons, and didn't give a drat if shoot-downs occurred over occupied areas. You were simply the least bad of all possible options.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If X-COM 2's intro can be modded someone needs to do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ah2I166f_U

Oh my god it fits so well.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Beat the XCOM base assault with one loss, aside from those garbage rookies they give you. So many goddamn mechtoids and cyberdisks, gently caress me.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Elderbean posted:

Beat the XCOM base assault with one loss, aside from those garbage rookies they give you. So many goddamn mechtoids and cyberdisks, gently caress me.

Hey, those security rookies are totally not garbage. One of mine killed a Mectoid and sectoid in a single turn.

So, how sure are we that Beardman is Bradford? He lacks the wooly-pully and his voice is different, but most of the facial features are only dissimilar enough to potentially be updated-engine differences.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

20 years are a long and hard time. A man can change in that time. He can even learn to hate sweaters.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Also, we don't need sweaters in a world where the aliens have initiated run away global warming, according to Jakey.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Speedball posted:

20 years are a long and hard time. A man can change in that time. He can even learn to hate sweaters.

If Bradford has learned to hate sweaters, what the hell are we fighting for?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Elderbean posted:

God drat, a full squad of colonels, that's a really late base assault.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
Bradford doesn't hate his sweater. He still has it. He's just sworn not to wear it again until Earth is free once more.

The closing cinematic is him pulling it on and giving a victory speech. :911: :australia: :anarchists: :britain: :canada: :china: :norway: :sweden: :vuvu:

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

Talky posted:

Bradford doesn't hate his sweater. He still has it. He's just sworn not to wear it again until Earth is free once more.

The closing cinematic is him pulling it on and giving a victory speech. :911: :australia: :britain: :canada: :china: :norway: :sweden: :vuvu:

fixed

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.

Night10194 posted:

If Bradford has learned to hate sweaters, what the hell are we fighting for?

The troops needed bandages and combat keffiyehs. What is one man's comfort weighed against a world's future? :911:

Talky
Mar 26, 2010

XCOM is the disorganized idealistic revolutionaries / freedom fighters / terrorists now. :anarchists: totally belongs. :colbert:

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

God drat, a full squad of colonels, that's a really late base assault.

Yeah, this is my first game. I had no idea.

The mechtoids pissed me off the most because they would get boosted through psi after spawning in the fog of war. If I tried pressing forward to kill the sectoid commander I'd just get annihilated.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmao at the e3 stand.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.
So, I'm pretty sure I can tackle the first landed UFO in long war, the only pod remaining is the outsider pod, and I still have two rockets.
Should I do it, or is there any bullshit that Long war will throw at me If I actually go trought with it?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
No extra bullshit, just make sure you can actually take out 5-6 Outsiders.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

If you can deploy both of those rockets in one turn, the Outsiders scatter mildly conveniently, and you don't in particular care about collateral damage you should be okay. Basically lol if you leave more than one (even potentially one) up, though. Hopefully the recovered resources are enough of a shot in the arm that one lost or month-plus tanked per Outsider who survives!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
What are outsiders supposed to be anyway? A projected form for psy aliens to lead through, so they don't need to put their fleshforms in harm's way?

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Outsiders are the security system on the communication system that is their shards.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

What are outsiders supposed to be anyway? A projected form for psy aliens to lead through, so they don't need to put their fleshforms in harm's way?

Mobile antennas with plasma rifles.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that explains why long war gives them regenerate

they're self-healing routers

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Elderbean posted:

I completed mine last night as well. At least 7 Mechtoids and 8 Disks. It was loving brutal. Lost plenty of redshirts and I was one turn from losing my top assault (critically wounded) but I managed to mop up the last few aliens when he was 1 turn from dying so I didn't lose anything from my A-team. I'm almost done with EXALT and have 3 Firestorms in the oven so after this month/early next month my air game will be set, EXALT will be loving dead, and I can focus on research/training up more troops so I can start collecting achievements / not get hosed by a code black.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
I can finally do the base assault. I have two Major MECs and a bunch of CPTs and LTs, but I'm waiting until one of my Squaddies is MECanized before I go in. Thinking three MECs, Heavy, Assault, and Medic Support.

Just had my first MEC vs Mechtoid melee combat. Love the cinematic fight animation when my MEC smashed the evil little fucker.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Elderbean posted:

I am not surprised the black guy proves to be the casualty. Way to keep with scifi tradition!

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Dunno I think it would be cool if you ended up working with EXALT as they basically realized they were idiots but are humanists first and foremost. Or something.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
EXALT stole 3 credits from me once and I murdered every single one of their members and benefactors so

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

dyzzy posted:

...what? How?

The phrase "snake tits" has been coming up a lot for the last three weeks.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

The legacy of EXALT lives on thru the Advent Commander's scarf/cape/thing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

EXALT did nothing wrong.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This might be a bit random but one of the first mods I'm going to download is the one that allows your characters to pose mid battle as a free action.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I just did my first EXALT mission and got my operative out safe and sound. Then in the debriefing screen it says she was KIA somehow. On the memorial her death is listed as being from "major trauma (unknown)."

What?

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

Talky posted:

XCOM is the disorganized idealistic revolutionaries / freedom fighters / terrorists now. :anarchists: totally belongs. :colbert:

I thought MGS was the only game this year to have child soldiers.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Drunk in Space posted:

I just did my first EXALT mission and got my operative out safe and sound. Then in the debriefing screen it says she was KIA somehow. On the memorial her death is listed as being from "major trauma (unknown)."

What?

It's a bug once in a blue moon, unless you actually hosed up your evac. But I doubt you did, since it automatically pulls your operative out.

Sorry man

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Drunk in Space posted:

What?

That's a bug that randomly occurs. Try reloading if you can and re-doing the last turn. That fixed it for me.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The XCOM Twitter account just tweeted an exclusive screenshot. The last one wasjust a shot of the Viper enemy ensnaring a soldier, so I didn't expect much, but...

ADVENT HAS MECS, GUYS, WE'RE hosed

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Viper-MECs are the final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Cleretic posted:

The XCOM Twitter account just tweeted an exclusive screenshot. The last one wasjust a shot of the Viper enemy ensnaring a soldier, so I didn't expect much, but...

ADVENT HAS MECS, GUYS, WE'RE hosed

You should see the E3 video, unless you're just not remembering that part.

• Locked thread