Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Is there a tip to Kikuri/Sefia's Vortex? I've been stuck on it for a couple of days now and I don't know whether I'm just bad or incredibly unlucky at units hitting the 30% mark and then getting wiped.

Currently running it with
Griel (leader)
Elimo
Kikuri
Ardin
Kira
Raaga (leader)

To try to proc all the attack downs.

I thought Maxwell was mostly RNG but this seems to be worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Damegane posted:

Melchio now has the highest normal attack DC in the game IIRC. Add that to his 4 element BB and he's up there with Atro+Urias and Quaid as arena specials.

Len is a 50 DC total and Kikuri's 7* is 48.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

It's worth noting that they're not "exclusive"; they still appear in the summons. I got two Nicks right before the Achievement System rolled out, a Ciara (one of the Halloween units) a few months before that, and an Eva as like my second Rare Summon ever.

However, they all were seasonal releases, which also means they're all global-specific units, which also also means they all require Bulbs to evolve. loving bulbs... :argh:

Sorry, I meant to say that they are exclusive to Global Brave Frontier, not to just the holiday. Although Ciara and Semira are/were available via Vortex Dungeon farming in JP recently.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Len is a 50 DC total and Kikuri's 7* is 48.

Yeah, as far as 7* units go, Melchio is tied for third place, along with Kikuri, Will, and Atro.
Bestie and Selena (with Lexida) have 72 DC and they're tied for first. Raaga is in 7th with 44 DC.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

My gems just disappeared. I didn't summon anything or use them they're just gone.

NVM: Got them back. That was not funny Gumi

Literally got an Aaron after that. Hello Shera replacement.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 17, 2015

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, gems just disappear sometimes. It's some weird bug they've never managed to squash I guess. Had it myself recently.

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT
I seriously do not get Trial 005. I can blow past all the glorious checks just fine, but every time I get to the final form and she starts casting endless followed by healing herself for 200k it's like hitting a brick wall. Any advice for this one?

I've been using

Rosetta Malice/Sol (leader)
Selena Lexida/Virtue
Kanon Xentar/Ihsir
Shera Dandalega/Sol
Feeva Legwand/Heresy
friend Diana (he has frozen myth and refined and is my only option for Diana friend)

5 Fujin, 3 revive, 10 cures (I ran out of crescent dews)

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
If ALL you are having trouble with is the last 20% you could try replacing Rosetta with Elza. She can be cursed after she casts Endless and won't be able to heal herself. This MIGHT work.

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

iTS HARD FOR ME TO MAKE A SONG THAT iSNT ABOUT MONEY, JEWELRY OR SKiNNY BUTTERSCOTCH BABES WiTH BASEBALL TiTS BECUZ THATS ALL i THiNK ABOUT

Trebek posted:

If ALL you are having trouble with is the last 20% you could try replacing Rosetta with Elza. She can be cursed after she casts Endless and won't be able to heal herself. This MIGHT work.

Well, that information helped. I swear I have watched youtube videos and read threads in reddit and never saw that mentioned. I ended up changing friend Diana to my own Matah and switching Rosetta to a friends Kikuri. Was able to curse her and she didn't heal. Didn't realize Kikuri also has basically Diana's same SBB effect. Along with curse she was an amazing unit in this trial.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Popular Unit's Rate up over the next week. They'll be running a "buy 5 get 1 free" special all rate up as well.

6-18
Alpha - Oulu - Altri - Diana - Raaga - Kikuri

6-19
Lava - Tazer - Quaid - Griel/Ronel - Emeldia - Aaron

6-20
Magnazorda - Colt - Tora - Loch - Narza - Elza

6-21
Claire - Zerafalgar - Edea - Kanon - Sefia - Alice

6-22
Fiora - Elimo - Oguru - Shera - Fadahl - Feeva

6-23
Darvanshel - Rigness - Zelnite - Rize - Kira - Ivris

No Shida, and no Will (confirmed 7*).

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

For Arena what spheres should I consider to up my chances? I already have muramasas and Angel Foils coming soon, what else should I consider to get one turn bb's?

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
In what context would you use a debuff clearing BB unit? Just from the quest stuff, it seems like anything that uses a debuff at all spams it frequently enough that you can't keep up with it just using BB clears and end up being crippled. Do the raid or rotating vortex quests just have regular intervals they use debuffs to make it workable?

I've been regularly knocking out stuff with Priscilla's immunity LS, but I've been wanting to experiment with different LS/groups, especially since I have a mostly leveled Rosetta now. Last time I dropped the debuff immunity LS, though, I got some lightning guy with paralysis on his regular attack that swung fast enough he'd apply it to 4 group members per turn, even applying it through a numb light sphere on my debuff remover.

Right now it just sort of looks like stacking resistance spheres across the team enough to make the debuff manageable or I've got a melchio I can level to get 3 turns of immunity to slow it down that way.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

yook posted:

In what context would you use a debuff clearing BB unit? Just from the quest stuff, it seems like anything that uses a debuff at all spams it frequently enough that you can't keep up with it just using BB clears and end up being crippled. Do the raid or rotating vortex quests just have regular intervals they use debuffs to make it workable?

I've been regularly knocking out stuff with Priscilla's immunity LS, but I've been wanting to experiment with different LS/groups, especially since I have a mostly leveled Rosetta now. Last time I dropped the debuff immunity LS, though, I got some lightning guy with paralysis on his regular attack that swung fast enough he'd apply it to 4 group members per turn, even applying it through a numb light sphere on my debuff remover.

Right now it just sort of looks like stacking resistance spheres across the team enough to make the debuff manageable or I've got a melchio I can level to get 3 turns of immunity to slow it down that way.

There's some raids/trials that can cancel leader skills and/or strip buffs, so you sometimes can't avoid getting statuses. For quests and a lot of the vortexes you'll want immunity in some way, either by 3 turn protection or LS. Otherwise you'll have to make sure the status clearers can use it every turn. Immunity makes things a lot easier so i would try to make sure to have it whenever possible, the BB protection abilities are good enough for a lot of stuff (Not all of it) if you don't want to sacrifice the leader slots.

Annointed posted:

For Arena what spheres should I consider to up my chances? I already have muramasas and Angel Foils coming soon, what else should I consider to get one turn bb's?

Leaders that boost BC drop rate or provide BB fill on hit, and items that boost BC drop rate like skill bracers/tech gizmos/sol creators

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Annointed posted:

Sol creators on dual sphered units. They are farmable. Just google it there is a shopping list out there that's really easy to follow. The ones you mentioned are fine for single slot units. Check the drop checks of your units. The higher the better. Having 1 or 2 in the squad with sol creators will almost always get you full BB's.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Annointed posted:

Sol Creators to up your BC drop rates. I've been running this as my new arena team:

Kikuri(a) - Scarlet Pin/Sol Creator
Colt(g) - Blighted Seal/Heresy Orb - Max Imped
Claire(a) - Malice Jewel/Ishir's Guise - Max Imped
Selena(l) - Lexida/Sol Creator
Magress(a) - Leomurg

I had Claire as the leader for awhile but Empty BB Gauge rules usually means 0-2 BB gauges for round 2 and that's dangerous as hell. It's 5 BB gauges full otherwise though. I swapped Kikuri to the leader now (since she replaced Elza) which results in her and Magress hitting like monsters while ensuring BB gauges fill up no matter what. Also gets me more SBBs for round 2 than Claire did. Max imped Claire/Colt are just the embodiment of pain and if Colt fires his BB it's basically over since anything he crits is dead, even 7* thunder units, and if anyone else BBs after him, which is likely, they'll easily finish off anyone he didn't.

I was excited for 7* michele because she'd be a 100% atk + bb spam leader with her 7* form but I'd have to drop Claire for her and that'd be pretty lovely so hopefully I end up with the earth rainbow unit that 2/3 of the arena teams at my level use. She'll still make for a good atk buffer sub though.

yook posted:

You want Debuff removal in raids yes. Same with Trials and GCC levels. The newer story maps in Japan might use them too because IIRC the newer maps are much harder because they're actually being made with 6-7 star teams in mind. If you happen to have Elimo (or Altri) then you don't have to worry as much because they're healers who can also remove debuffs (and mitigate damage).

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Been running Quaid leader (spirit tiara, fallacy orb), Kikuri (scarlet pin), Claire (blaze lance, sol creator), Selena (lexida, virtue stone) Raaga (heresy, malice). Usually 2-3 units die in round 1, but I've seen up to 4. Here is a shot of full SBB's on every unit after turn 1. Quaid has broken the arena.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I've got quite a few more dudes than I did when I put together my main team, so it's probably time to re-evaluate and see if I can't put together something better.

This is my current roster http://dewey.zapto.org/units/141/

I'm sitting on enough evo mats and crystals to get whatever I want up to it's max form outside of 7* stuff where I'd need to go grab a mech god or w/e. As well I'm sitting on 4 sphere frogs who should probably find a home since I've cleared everything in the six heroes grand gaia challenge now so i have more cool spheres than equipment slots at the moment.

My current regular team is Colt for a leader, kikuri, ultor, ulkina, and kuhla

For arena I swap out ulkina for Zelnite and make him leader.

What sort of team should I be looking for as I go along? Also whats the general theory behind sphere use, I'm starting to have multiple 'good' spheres competing for slots so it's no longer a brainless decision about what to equip.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Agent355 posted:

I've got quite a few more dudes than I did when I put together my main team, so it's probably time to re-evaluate and see if I can't put together something better.

This is my current roster http://dewey.zapto.org/units/141/

I'm sitting on enough evo mats and crystals to get whatever I want up to it's max form outside of 7* stuff where I'd need to go grab a mech god or w/e. As well I'm sitting on 4 sphere frogs who should probably find a home since I've cleared everything in the six heroes grand gaia challenge now so i have more cool spheres than equipment slots at the moment.

My current regular team is Colt for a leader, kikuri, ultor, ulkina, and kuhla

For arena I swap out ulkina for Zelnite and make him leader.

What sort of team should I be looking for as I go along? Also whats the general theory behind sphere use, I'm starting to have multiple 'good' spheres competing for slots so it's no longer a brainless decision about what to equip.

I'd probably work on Narza and Rosetta - Rosetta's spark buff is nice, and Narza's a mitigator so having an option for that is good, even though he doesn't do any damage with his BB, and if you know you're up against stuff that doesn't dispel or cancel LS you can use his BB for stat null. Rosetta is also a great leader with her boost to BB guage on spark. Feeva is probably a better leader than Zelnite in arena, and isn't nearly as squishy. Once i got mine up to 6* i swapped leads and pretty much have all BBs up after turn 1.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sloober posted:

I'd probably work on Narza and Rosetta - Rosetta's spark buff is nice, and Narza's a mitigator so having an option for that is good, even though he doesn't do any damage with his BB, and if you know you're up against stuff that doesn't dispel or cancel LS you can use his BB for stat null. Rosetta is also a great leader with her boost to BB guage on spark. Feeva is probably a better leader than Zelnite in arena, and isn't nearly as squishy. Once i got mine up to 6* i swapped leads and pretty much have all BBs up after turn 1.

Narza's probably the second-best purely defensive Mitigator (was the top of the mountain until Elimo took over as the reigning defensive option); having status protection on your mitigator's BB is really helpful for those bosses/trials/raids that remove Leader Skills (Or if, god forbid, you want to run two leaders that don't offer ailment immunity). His SBB also gives you a BB-when-attacked buff, which makes it much easier to keep your BBs going.

A lot of people prefer Shera or Darvanshel for their added BC generation and damage with their mitigation, but I've never regretted building up my Narza. (Even if I'm now desperately praying for an Elimo because loving hell Elimo is huge)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I have Elimo(a) armed with the Star of Hope and Dandelga. :iia:

Also sitting on my Oulu who hasn't been used ever since I got Darvanshell and should become pretty great when we get its 7* form as well.

Kept 2 of my 6 MEgas because surely he'll get a great 7* form. Right? :shepface:

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I evolved and max imped Elimo on launch. I've only used him once for Crimson Terror. :ohdear:

Shera/Kanon combo just offers so much more in the way of firepower, bc gen, and spark damage.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Narza's probably the second-best purely defensive Mitigator (was the top of the mountain until Elimo took over as the reigning defensive option); having status protection on your mitigator's BB is really helpful for those bosses/trials/raids that remove Leader Skills (Or if, god forbid, you want to run two leaders that don't offer ailment immunity). His SBB also gives you a BB-when-attacked buff, which makes it much easier to keep your BBs going.

A lot of people prefer Shera or Darvanshel for their added BC generation and damage with their mitigation, but I've never regretted building up my Narza. (Even if I'm now desperately praying for an Elimo because loving hell Elimo is huge)

Narza's good, which is why i suggested bumping him - stat prot is useful and mitigation is very useful.

Trebek posted:

I evolved and max imped Elimo on launch. I've only used him once for Crimson Terror. :ohdear:

Shera/Kanon combo just offers so much more in the way of firepower, bc gen, and spark damage.

There's always better, but you do have to work with what you pull. Shera/Kanon make my raid squad though - lets me have a buff for pretty much every stat - spark, crit, attack, defense, bc/hc gen and i'll put quaid or yujeh in as required for element changing, or Ultor if i want taunt.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Sloober posted:

So if I work in narza and rosetta who do they replace? Maybe I lean too heavily on ulkina's heal but I use that thing all the time in dungeons so I'm not sure how to, kuhla exists as nothing but a BB booster so maybe that would work. I don't really know.

Reminder current team is 7* colt leader, 7* kikuri, 6* ulkina, 6* kuhla, 5* ultor.

I have the materials but not the team cost to evolve/replace ultor.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

I finally managed to defeat and obtain a water mecha god although I burned 2 gems. I can either evolve colt or elimo. Which unit is going to help me the most to defeat other mecha gods going forward?

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Agent355 posted:

So if I work in narza and rosetta who do they replace? Maybe I lean too heavily on ulkina's heal but I use that thing all the time in dungeons so I'm not sure how to, kuhla exists as nothing but a BB booster so maybe that would work. I don't really know.

Reminder current team is 7* colt leader, 7* kikuri, 6* ulkina, 6* kuhla, 5* ultor.

You aren't currently using a spark buffer so Rosetta would fill that roll. Narza is a damage mitigator which you aren't currently using. Your catch all team would be like:

Crit Damage/Crit rate buff: Colt (as leader)
Spark buffer/bc generator: Rosetta
Damage mitigator: Narza (Ultor will also work here for easier content if you want to add firepower)
Status manager/Healer: Ulkina (I think I saw you had Rigness who would be an upgrade here for his all elements SBB and better stats)
BC Generator: Kuhla is fine here and adds a great atk buff. Kikuri will also work for her bb fill on atk. Zelnite works too. Feeva can work here as well once you get her SBB in 6 or 7 star form and will heal your squad as well.

This is would just be a base squad for Raids/Quests/Vortex stuff. You could easily clear trials 001-003 with that squad as well. Mix in Semira somewhere for Trial 004. By the time you start doing EX trials and 005 squad comps need to be more customized. I don't see why you would struggle with an Raid content besides maybe really late RC4 stuff but just make sure you go in with 3 other decent people.

Trebek fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 19, 2015

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Finally figured out Kikuri and Sefia's Vortex. It turns out that the guides are wrong and you don't actually need to kill the two on the same turn but within two. I never figured this out since I always just closed my game to save my fujins :v:

nfthree posted:

I finally managed to defeat and obtain a water mecha god although I burned 2 gems. I can either evolve colt or elimo. Which unit is going to help me the most to defeat other mecha gods going forward?

Elimo will keep all your guys alive forever so I think he is the way to go. Not sure if the Mecha gods are worth gemming since Selene is suppose to be able to solo all but the lightning one.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Agent355 posted:

7* Feeva's SBB would give you boosted BC & HC generation, enough that it probably takes the roles from both Ulkina and Kuhla. If you give swap her in for Kikuri and have her lead you get even more BC and a faster filling BB guage trait, which you might not need after filling up on Sol creators etc. Ultor can be replaced by about anyone unless you absolutely need his taunt, and if you need Ulkina's healing enough even with that taunt i'd question if you even need Ultor since you're probably having more trouble with the AOE damage, which Narza can cut in half. He can also manage status protection with his BB so that is another option.

If you really like Kikuri's BB fill on hit buff from her SBB, Narza's has a similar ability.

Work on getting Sol Creators for sure though

Sloober fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 19, 2015

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

nfthree posted:

For me, Colt would be the most worth it because he's a good leader and the 60% crit rate boost at Max BB levels will help you kill them faster.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
For anyone doing Mecha Gods today the advice about Grah+Feeva leads is good stuff - I've been able to take all of them except the Light mecha down with that combo, and for that there's always Selena.

Just make sure (A) the Feeva is as buffed and imped out (at least on HP) as it can get, and (B) to alternate using her BB & SBB; use super on the first turn, regular on the second, and let the BB gauge refill to max on the third (if needed). So long as you don't gently caress up the rotation your Feeva should never die - Just be ready to spend a nice chunk of time whittling the mechas down.

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

Where the hell is Frontier Hunter. I don't plan on grinding it, but I like my monthly sphere frog and legwand.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Casual Friday posted:

Where the hell is Frontier Hunter. I don't plan on grinding it, but I like my monthly sphere frog and legwand.

Probably some time next week since last Wednesday night was the cut off for collecting your rewards from last Frontier Hunter.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
So I just reinstalled this game, read the OP and tried to make a decent unit page.

http://dewey.zapto.org/units/270/

I am currently working on finishing the quest line, my next goals are to get a Maxwell (haven't even attempted the trials) and start on my 7* characters, specifically Selena. With my unit list, what would be good teams for those goals? Also, anyone on that list I should immediately drop? I have 140 spots open and the rest is filled with evol materials + xp units. Lvl 108 so trying to level to have a full 6* team.

Right now I am running:
Ultor(b)
Darvanshel(L)
Hogar(a)
Zephyr(b) only 5*
Themis(g)

CashEnsign fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 20, 2015

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
http://dewey.zapto.org/units/127/?order=rarity%7Cdesc

I plan on getting my Quaid maxed this week when I can get a Miracle Totem, and hoping to pull Colt this week too.

Based on this list, and knowing I'm still 7 levels away from 5 7*'s in my team, what would you guys recommend for.
a) Arena
b) Raid
c) Trials
d) Upcoming FH

Current Teams are here. I'd imagine Quaid drops into the Arena team and probably the FH team (along with Ardin maybe?)

Gerdalti fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 20, 2015

Casual Friday
May 9, 2015

Poala Bear posted:

Probably some time next week since last Wednesday night was the cut off for collecting your rewards from last Frontier Hunter.
It shouldn't be, it's always around the 18th-19th each month. Someone on Reddit said they delayed it for 30 hours for some unknown reason.

Edit: Nvm, apparently it's the 22nd. Along with Trial X3, and Grand Quest.

Casual Friday fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 20, 2015

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Casual Friday posted:

It shouldn't be, it's always around the 18th-19th each month. Someone on Reddit said they delayed it for 30 hours for some unknown reason.

Ew. Starting on a Saturday feels somehow even worse.

edit: they just posted this to their Facebook page.

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/news-boards/server-status/221738-advisory-server-maintenance-on-june-22-0-00-pst

quote:

Attention Summoners,

In preparation for the upcoming events, we will be having a scheduled server maintenance this coming June 22, 00:00 PST and will last for approximately six [6] hours.

So what we are cooking? Check it below:
Trial No. X3 - Challenge the witch, Xie'Jing, in all her splendor! Prove your worth and capture Temptress Xie'Jing in this new trial. Trial No. X3 will open its gate after the maintenance.
Frontier Hunter EX Season 15 - Gear up and make your way to the top! The display of strength at Frontier Hunter EX Season 15 will start at June 22, 20:00 PST.
Grand Quest - Defeat bosses, find artifacts and be rewarded! Prepare your squads as final preparations are being done for Grand Quest and will be released within the week after maintenance.

NOTE: To avoid encountering any game related issues, please refrain from logging in to the game during the maintenance period. Rest assured that we will do our best to end the maintenance as early as possible. For any maintenance extension, we will update you via our official channels.

Mark your calendar, Summoners! These are the events you shouldn't miss.

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 20, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

So they're finally unveiling Grand Quest, huh? The first bit of which came out in Japan well before 7*s, if I recall?

This'll certainly be interesting.

Also, standard reminder that six [6] hours in Gumi time is about eighteen in real human time.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

At least Grahdens 6* will be coming pretty soon and it should still be sorta relevant for a while.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Everyone gets the same "kill x number of x type units in the arena" special challenges right? I've been trying to build mono teams for people to fight, because those challenges are a bitch, but I won't keep doing it if everyone doesn't get the same one.

For instance, mine today is 10x Light Units so I've built a crappy 5x light unit team to idle with.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Those challenges are annoying. Yeah, because if they're one thing people like to use is mono teams, not those bs generators.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I just refresh until I find an Atro or Sefia leader. Usually it's all mono light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Where's my goddamned milk?!

I hadn't played since before 7*s came out, but I decided to jump on again recently. I added myself to the new spreadsheet (2017206382 if anyone wants to add me).

I pulled a couple of times and got Aaron and Quaid so I guess I'll be leveling them. I've also got Griel, Selena and Kikuri leveled to 7* now, which all seem to be decent. Now I need to catch up on all the new content.

• Locked thread