Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Classic Kyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Some of the inputs are kind of tricky due to the change from "you're always facing your opponent" to "you're facing wherever your last horizontal input would have you face." So some of the inputs that require you to input back just cause you to turn around.

e: Should still be able to do a hadoken with no problem.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

My latest problem is accidentally activating the Ryu specials when I don't want to. I've Tatsumaki'd off the stage a few times when I was just trying to do normal aerials.

blue font
Feb 28, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

My latest problem is accidentally activating the Ryu specials when I don't want to. I've Tatsumaki'd off the stage a few times when I was just trying to do normal aerials.

I don't mind the motions, but I wish his special moves could only trigger if you do the motion and the special attack button instead of either the special and regular attack buttons. My fancy aerial maneuvers often cause me to use his specials on accident.

Well, that's my two cents. THanks for having me.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I am finding out that CPU level 9s are a lot loving worse than the people on for glory. I keep fighting Ryus and maybe get them to 90% on characters that I thought I was good at!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I am finding out that CPU level 9s are a lot loving worse than the people on for glory. I keep fighting Ryus and maybe get them to 90% on characters that I thought I was good at!

For level 9 CPUs, they basically read your inputs. You can't fake them out or predict them, you just got to hit them whenever they're open.

They're great for learning whenever your character or your opponent's character is open for attacks and what you can get away with. But you'll never learn how to trick your opponent with them, because the CPUs aren't acting on what they think you're going to do, just what you're doing.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

KicksYouInHalf posted:

cpu's fight nothing like real people and give you bad experience for actual pvp

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

KicksYouInHalf posted:

They're better at things machines are better at, but they just respond based on AI patterns, so yeah, they're not going to outthink you. Especially not on a processor that runs at 1.24 ghz

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Roy was My Boy before he was good. Quote this post if you agree. Please don't troll with the koopa pretender.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Supercar Gautier posted:

What's worse is that his forward air is really good so if you're trying to make a fast fall and then do Fair, chances are you either throw a fireball, shoryuken, or sometimes even a stupid Tatsumaki.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Dizz posted:

What's worse is that his forward air is really good so if you're trying to make a fast fall and then do Fair, chances are you either throw a fireball, shoryuken, or sometimes even a stupid Tatsumaki.

Use the smash stick for arials friend

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Raserys posted:

Roy was My Boy before he was good. Quote this post if you agree. Please don't troll with the koopa pretender.

I brought a GameCube because of him.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Raserys posted:

Pity quote

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Raserys posted:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Raserys posted:

he had the most KOs on my melee save with samus in a close second. roy's our boy.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dieting Hippo posted:

he had the most KOs on my melee save with samus in a close second. roy's our boy.

my favorite characters in melee were mewtwo and roy, i am extremely pleased that they have returned to super smash bros for 3ds and wii u.

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Raserys posted:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Raserys posted:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Somewhere out there is a Pichu fan who feels that if Roy can become a contender, so can Pichu if it got the chance again.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dedede doesn't float by in the background if he's in the battle for Dreamland 64 I just noticed.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Dedede doesn't float by in the background if he's in the battle for Dreamland 64 I just noticed.

yeah they explain that in one of the Tips too

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Somewhere out there is a Pichu fan who feels that if Roy can become a contender, so can Pichu if it got the chance again.

I've always thought that Melee Pikachu retired and that Pichu evolved to take its place in Brawl/4.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Raichu confirmed?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I barely touch Smash Bros anymore but Ryu made me play the game a lot these last couple days. Ryu is a good guy.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Raserys posted:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

... Okay I'll bite. This owns and I want to know the context.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I for one am sick of all the pandering to Project M fans that Nintendo have obviously felt the need to do. First they add Mewtwo, then Lucas and Roy? What's next, changing the physics to be extremely fun and deep?!

Aston fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jun 17, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

They added Ryu because they're jealous of Project M's extremely creative and unique Lucario, which I find especially pathetic.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I heard they're pandering to me next, so we'll be getting Pichu soon, and a new Pilotwings stage.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
We don't need a new pilotwings stage because the current one is perfect

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Give me Guile Stage and theme and Raichu.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
There's literally no practical reason to add Pichu over literally anybody.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Add Pichu to spite Pichu players.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Hopefully the next update will remove the Pilotwings stage.

Or replace it with the Project M version of Green Hill Zone.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Hopefully the next update will reap your taints.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Theta Zero posted:

There's literally no practical reason to add Pichu over literally anybody.

That's what they said about Roy and Lucas and now look where we are.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So Evo is the next big thing that Nintendo is presenting something about Smash at right? When is it?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Geostomp posted:

That's what they said about Roy and Lucas and now look where we are.

Roy and Lucas were at least somewhat different. Pichu is Dr. Mario levels of being an almost exact clone. Except it's somehow worse. Even the trophy for it implies it was intended to be some joke character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Are they going to announce what the DLC ballot results were at e3, or at least some of them or what?

• Locked thread