Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Does it even matter if he is dead?
No kid, no wife, no red piece on the side, no army, a loan from the Iron Bank that wasn't really expanded on in the show, can't go back to Dragonstone.

What's left for him to do?
Buying a ticket for "Brienne's Boredom Bonanza 2016"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The loan was expanded on sorta, his army were sellswords bought with the iron bank's gold. Including the golden company who apparently do break contracts cause gently caress your book lore.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

quote:

I don't even really know if this counts as a spoiler, but perhaps someone can explain just.. why the gently caress this happens in the books (and was mercifully cut from the show):
Dany apparently shits herself into oblivion after Drogon finally lands all day long. Literally.

I.. I am at a loss. Like several people have mentioned this to me since the scene happened and I just don't know what the gently caress.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ever hear of verisimilitude, you brainless little twit?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The loan was expanded on sorta, his army were sellswords bought with the iron bank's gold. Including the golden company who apparently do break contracts cause gently caress your book lore.

Ramsay Blackfyre.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Season 4 had Joffrey's death, Tyrion's trial, Arya and Sandor, Oberyn, Olena, Tywin... It was drat good tv. How did this season happen.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Elman posted:

Season 4 had Joffrey's death, Tyrion's trial, Arya and Sandor, Oberyn, Olena, Tywin... It was drat good tv. How did this season happen.

Half the characters you mentioned are dead.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This season had 'good events' as well, mostly in the past 3 episodes, I think season 4 was pretty poo poo as well. Eventfulness is not necessarily a mark of quality I guess, particularly not when adapting a series of novels which are known for their 'big moments', in fact I'd say that the insistence upon hitting all the big story beats at the expense of internal consistency and solid dramatic buildup was what made this season so lovely, 6 and a half episodes of characters acting in a mostly nonsensical manner just to get them in position for the expanded three episode finale. But TV audiences loved it so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Elman posted:

Because Season 4 was adapted from the best part of the books and Season 5 was adapted from Feast and Dance?

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
One of the problems Thoros had was that Cat and Berrick came back altered after being resurrected. Maybe that was fire magic and Mel will use blood magic to resurrect Jon by sacrificing Shireen. Maybe Patchface will actually resurrect Jon and he will become a Drowned God disciple. But I can imagine that he wargs into Ghost to avert death and then Mel raises his body and he returns and maybe he bring some of Ghost back into his new body or maybe he just maintains his prior personality. But a lot of theories seem to focus on either warging or resurrection - maybe it will be both.

As for all the cliffhangers, you can imagine that some are preludes to death (Myrcella, Stannis) and some to life (doubt that both Theon and Sansa die though I can imagine Theon dying). So, maybe Stannis dies and maybe he doesn't but I don't think that you can read too much in to the way they cut away before his death - that was just the gimmick of the show.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Lycus posted:

Because Season 4 was adapted from the best part of the books and Season 5 was adapted from Feast and Dance?

Feast and Dance aren't terrible, they're just chock full of filler. They could easily make a good season or two out of them if the writing wasn't poo poo.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What if crispy Shireen and dead Stannis causes Mel to resurrect Azor Ahai reborn, Stannis in Jon's body?

He'll be a hosed up blood magic zombie with undead wounds and the sensiest sense of duty.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There is no merciful cut here. The tumblr or whatever you're quoting is a summer child.

There's also the thing that is often forgotten about this part in that Dany gets her periods again for the first time in forever, so GRRM had a real feast of body fluids going on here.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...
We didn't see Shireen die and Stannis either so they are both alive! -Twitter

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Aurain posted:

There's also the thing that is often forgotten about this part in that Dany gets her periods again for the first time in forever, so GRRM had a real feast of body fluids going on here.

She did not know whether the diarrhea was inside the menstrual blood, or the menstrual blood inside the diarrhea.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Now that the show dragon-glass is lost, will they find another source - dragons? And what was the point of the cache at the Fist of Man - who left it there? It seems clearer in the book, obviously. The horn seems important as the possible Horn of Winter so maybe that was the point in the book.

I felt that this season there were a lot of book things that they copied faithfully in the first few seasons that they had to ditch because they no longer fit with the narrative they have had to create to fill in the missing and never to be seen final books.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Volcanoes are the source of dragonglass, not dragons. I mean, maybe also dragons but volcanoes do the job just fine.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I felt that this season there were a lot of book things that they copied faithfully in the first few seasons that they had to ditch because they no longer fit with the narrative they have had to create to fill in the missing and never to be seen final books.

The only things that were adapted faithfully this season were Cersei's walk of shame, Jon's murder, and Theon and Sansa (though in the book it's Theon and fake Arya) jumping from the walls of Winterfell

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I thought they had shitloads of it at the wall.

Wouldn't make any sense for the Night's Watch to just bury it all out at The Fist.

There's gotta be tons of it down in the parts of the castle that only Samwise seems to go down to.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
In the show, if a woman is from Egypt, her tits are pyramids. That's the pattern.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I thought they had shitloads of it at the wall.

Wouldn't make any sense for the Night's Watch to just bury it all out at The Fist.

There's gotta be tons of it down in the parts of the castle that only Samwise seems to go down to.

Maybe in the books but the show makes it sound like it is all lost at Hardhome. I don't think that they will now go to a volcano in the show.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What if crispy Shireen and dead Stannis causes Mel to resurrect Azor Ahai reborn, Stannis in Jon's body?

He'll be a hosed up blood magic zombie with undead wounds and the sensiest sense of duty.
If it's basicly Fallout's Master but with the triple voices of Jon, Shireen and Stannis, i am sold.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just thought of something. If the showrunners really want to mess with everyone they should have Kit cut his hair.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
Are all the Targs blonds, or is it only that all the Barathons roll with black?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Daktari posted:

Are all the Targs blonds, or is it only that all the Barathons roll with black?

No, most are platinum blonds but a few were dark haired, like Jon, or Rhaegar and Elia's daughter who had the same coloring of her mother.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

I haven't followed this thread since before season one aired. It's good to see that the Bad Thread is as bad as it ever was.

less laughter posted:

She did not know whether the diarrhea was inside the menstrual blood, or the menstrual blood inside the diarrhea.

And by bad I mean good. :allears:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I hope you weirdos watched the season finale live with a bunch of other hopeless, cuz it was a good time. Basically had to walk a stranger off a bridge after Snow got killed by suggesting that maybe GoT had blood transfusions. So many choruses of what the gently caress and no my witch's heart savored, including a woman slowly lowering her Snow Banner after the fifth stab.

It's a good time to be alive is what I am saying.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I haven't followed this thread since before season one aired. It's good to see that the Bad Thread is as bad as it ever was.

And by bad I mean good. :allears:

You didn't drop in for the two whole threads and 900 pages of Danyrrhea chat?

Allow me to catch you up...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

emanresu tnuocca posted:

No, most are platinum blonds but a few were dark haired, like Jon, or Rhaegar and Elia's daughter who had the same coloring of her mother.

Yeah, the silver hair/purple eye trait is super-recessive and only the inbred Targs have it.

The kids from Baratheons and Martells have black hair, and Tyrion has heterochromia and silver streaks.

Of course, like dragonglass and the night's watch lore and the magic wall and basically everything, the show dropped that so we could have more tits and bad pussy.

e: and bronn vs sandsnakes dot gif

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

I just thought of something. If the showrunners really want to mess with everyone they should have Kit cut his hair.

He cut it last year. It's already back at Jon Snuh length and he was photographed in Belfast around where filming happens.

e: Photo'd this year*

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 17, 2015

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3
That hair stuff is such absolute nonsense, why do people keep giving it the slightest amount of credence? It's really obvious they put that nonsense in his contract in the first place just to aid in covering up the plot twist and sell the idea that he's not coming back. The Dany wig is horrible but it's mostly because of the color mismatch and no one in the loving world having that much hair, Lena Headey's extensions are great and the show does just fine with fake hair that's not supposed to be inbred anime dragon princess nonsense. That mouthbreathing whiny fucker's hair is the ultimate red herring.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Junkenstein posted:

LOL at that Vanity Fair article.

"It would have been gratuitous,” Nutter told Variety about his reasons for cutting away before Brienne’s sword separated Stannis’s head from his body. "

'Cos if there's one thing GoT doesn't do, it's gratuitous death scenes.

I dunno, if Stannis is dead, everything about his final scenes was terrible. Not the plot beats as such, just the way everything was handled.

Was that a real quote? It's ok to make us sit through a little girl being burned alive crying and screaming. But a death that could possibly be cathartic for the audience? That's too much to be shown.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

HELLO LADIES posted:

That hair stuff is such absolute nonsense, why do people keep giving it the slightest amount of credence? It's really obvious they put that nonsense in his contract in the first place just to aid in covering up the plot twist and sell the idea that he's not coming back. The Dany wig is horrible but it's mostly because of the color mismatch and no one in the loving world having that much hair, Lena Headey's extensions are great and the show does just fine with fake hair that's not supposed to be inbred anime dragon princess nonsense. That mouthbreathing whiny fucker's hair is the ultimate red herring.

Please don't skin any women and make a ladysuit you creepy hair obsessed weirdo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Actually, I would like to read HELLO LADIES' treatise on the behaviour of Emilia Clarke's eyebrows and the colour mismatch.

Please do not disappoint me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Was that a real quote? It's ok to make us sit through a little girl being burned alive crying and screaming. But a death that could possibly be cathartic for the audience? That's too much to be shown.

RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPE PLAY WITH HER ARSE RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPE RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPE THEON BURNING KIDS ALIVE RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPE PREGNANT WOMAN STABBED IN THE BABY RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPE JOFFREY PROSTITUTE TORTURE RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPE DROGON BURNING KIDS ALIVE RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPE STANNIS BURNING KIDS ALIVE....

Oh no, we can't show Stannis die. It's too grim and upsetting.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah but some people who actually read the books remember how the ADWD prologue spends about 5 paragraphs establishing in no uncertain terms that a warg's consciousness transfers to their wolf once they die. Just reader things.

I think you are confusing the fact that people just think he's coming back. No ones cares if hes dead or not dead. The point is that the character isn't gone from the series.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Who was that dude from season 1 Nad Stirk or something? What ever happened to that dude anyway?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

SeaborneClink posted:

Who was that dude from season 1 Nad Stirk or something? What ever happened to that dude anyway?

He's on a nice farm upstate where he can run and play all day with other neds.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Isn't the preview chapter of Stannis what led people to assume he would win the battle? It's still a good case for him not being dead if "other poo poo goes down" and it still works out that way. Sorry I dont care if you didnt read the chapter I didnt either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The preview has him figure out Arnolf Karstark's treachery and imprison him, and prepare to burn Theon. (A lot of the men really want him to burn someone, unlike the show I guess.) His southerners are down with the red god and the northerners aren't exactly a big fan of Theon Childslayer, so that's not gonna drive any of them to abandon him.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 17, 2015