Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

FaintlyQuaint posted:

I need this please yoship.

I want that badly.

We also need a Nael mount where they give you a piggy back ride and fly you around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Aside from all the new content, I think I'm most looking forward to steamrolling all the old dungeons. :getin:

I wonder if they're going to adjust some older quests, like the World of Darkness re-runs for poetics upgrade items?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Mounts added retroactively to T5/T9/T13 to ensure people run them until the end of time, the mount is the boss of the turn.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What should I do for my remaining day? I cleared the MSQ yesterday. Should I focus on trying to progress through the Primal EX quest line? Unlocking Expert Roulette? Start and try to get Hilderbrand done? Something else? Work on Lancer for Blood for Blood?

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Axle_Stukov posted:

Mounts added retroactively to T5/T9/T13 to ensure people run them until the end of time, the mount is the boss of the turn.

Bahamut mount is his physical body, rather than Bahamut Prime. The small folk cower in terror as you black out the sun, and servers start crashing after the second one drops.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What should I do for my remaining day? I cleared the MSQ yesterday. Should I focus on trying to progress through the Primal EX quest line? Unlocking Expert Roulette? Start and try to get Hilderbrand done? Something else? Work on Lancer for Blood for Blood?

You'll need the Expert Roulette dungeons for HLDR once 3.0 drops, so you should go for those first (since HLDR will drop 100 law stones). Also Hildi, because, well, it's Hildi. 3.0 will speed up pre-50 leveling too, so.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Hilderbrand Hilderbrand Hilderbrand Hilderbrand Hilderbrand Hilderbrand Hilderbrand Hilderbrand Hilderbrand

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DizzyBum posted:

Aside from all the new content, I think I'm most looking forward to steamrolling all the old dungeons. :getin:

I wonder if they're going to adjust some older quests, like the World of Darkness re-runs for poetics upgrade items?

I feel like quests will require to run dungeons synced to work, because the point of most of those quests is to run old content with newbies...

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Saigyouji posted:

You'll need the Expert Roulette dungeons for HLDR once 3.0 drops, so you should go for those first (since HLDR will drop 100 law stones). Also Hildi, because, well, it's Hildi. 3.0 will speed up pre-50 leveling too, so.

Ok, where do I start Hildi? I'll do that while waiting in HLDR queue. I need Satasha HM, AK for some reason even though I did it for my relic, WP, and um, 3 of ???. Gonna be doing a shitload of dungeoning today.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Quest in Ul'dah. Rise and fall of gentlemen is it?

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Yep, you get the quest from the dude with the red glasses in Ul'dah, just outside of the Aetheryte plaza. Rise and Fall of a Gentleman, or something along those lines. "Gentleman" is definitely a word in there.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Truga posted:

I feel like quests will require to run dungeons synced to work, because the point of most of those quests is to run old content with newbies...

Well yeah, quests will probably require you to do them properly but a lot of people have been looking for an opportunity to run lowbie dungeons into the ground for glamour gear, like the Longstop sets.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Minrad posted:

The Dark Knight "take a guess at who's gonna feed, win BIG HEALTH POOL-RIZES" still exists, right?

As far as I know, that and ninja's "give all my agro to someone else" skill are both still in, so the troll tag team should still work.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBBWgopdckQ

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Haha hey guys know what's funny? Killing random people!!! Hahaha so funny talk about trolling

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Thundarr posted:

As far as I know, that and ninja's "give all my agro to someone else" skill are both still in, so the troll tag team should still work.

That's not how it works.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Dryzen posted:

Haha hey guys know what's funny? Killing random people!!! Hahaha so funny talk about trolling

you know whats even more lmao?

Dryzen posted:

close the thread already

Dryzen posted:

what the gently caress thread

Dryzen posted:

you can do it

xD you guys

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
:justpost:

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
There are some good new auto translate phrases coming with the expansion that can be used for bad jokes

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Pretty stoked about company airships. I'm gonna be gathering as much as I can between main story to fuel the DGKK crafting efforts.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I haven't been paying attention to that do we have a company airship we can add too on top of the glorious cannon villas?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also what's a easy way to get some gil so I can buy a room and put stuff in it?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Well after reading that skill list for AST I guess I need to level a healer.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SarutosZero posted:

There are some good new auto translate phrases coming with the expansion that can be used for bad jokes

{Please look forward to it.} not included, unsubbed.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

{Ripped a trumpeting fart.}

{Leviathan} {Leviathan}

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
gonna talk about {Miqo'te}{Assize} all day

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BERGfu posted:

Also what's a easy way to get some gil so I can buy a room and put stuff in it?

A few months ago it would be spiritbonding but the market crashed hard. At this point I would say just wait until HW.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I am insanely looking forward to pony and glamour farming old content with a few friends at level 60. :3:

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Niton posted:

It's finally overat least for like a week. oh god help me

ugh I'm at rank 39.5. I don't think I can hit 45 and keep my sanity.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The minimum ilevel sync sounds pretty cool and I hope there's some incentive to do it beyond the challenge.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Fister Roboto posted:

{Please look forward to it.} not included, unsubbed.

{Same.}

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
have they said anywhere how much disk space HW is going to take?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I think someone mentioned 30gb in here.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
GMG says 20 gb recommended space.

Whether that's total including ARR or just HW itself is unknown.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Unrelatedly, can someone please put into words for me why they're very exited about AST? I like the look of the class and I like healing so will likely be playing it at least somewhat, but there are some in this thread who seem to be going completely nuts for it and I feel like I'm missing something.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Bobfly posted:

Unrelatedly, can someone please put into words for me why they're very exited about AST? I like the look of the class and I like healing so will likely be playing it at least somewhat, but there are some in this thread who seem to be going completely nuts for it and I feel like I'm missing something.

Healer that can function as either a WHM or SCH with unique party support mechanics and all of its spells look dope

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Bobfly posted:

It seems to have Cure 2, Medica, Succor/Medica 2, and even Asylum/Sacred Soil, as well as a lot of unique buffs it only gets. I imagine that all those are weaker than their White Mage and Scholar equivalents, but people are still looking at it and going "wow, it's kinda got everything."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bobfly posted:

It's something new, that's all that really needs to be said.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Bobfly posted:

yo son do you like cards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
wtf these patch notes say some expansion is coming out or something? do i have to buy that to keep playing?

• Locked thread