Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

Toshimo posted:

Important Fact: Asuka gives no fucks.

that's because she's the best girl.

PotU posted:

i think youre all reading way too much into stuff

sorry, that's kind of my thing. I overthink things and I'm serious even when others aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Toshimo posted:

She has achieved band enlightenment and has forsaken all attachments to band politics and drama.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

apparently, and this is according to tumblr so take it with a grain of salt, kumiko used to word 'ai' (confirmed i heard it) which means real love instead of the often used suki which is often used and way less serious. i don't know how real this difference actually is though

'ai' is what the coach had for smile in Ping Pong

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
I was sure KyoAni was going to play this straight, but now...

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

what about "Koi"? I'm not too adept at moonspeak so I don't really know the context the word implies beyond some other way to express or state love.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Stall_19 posted:

drat you Euphorium!!!! You turned me into what I hate the most, a shipper!! I will never forgive you!

Anyway, this fuckin show is super good. Totally got chills during Reina's solo.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This episode was so super good. It was also maybe even gayer than the earlier super gay episode. The goodness and the gayness aren't even really related, this ep was just great.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

And an extended version.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

All I could think of during the audtion is "no way high schoolers sound like this" because they weren't just blasting notes out at max and devolving the audition into a "who can play a higher note" contest like all the trumpets did in high school when I went.

That would be the first chair audition, not the solo audition :v:

But this is what high schoolers can sound like. As linked before, the real world equivalent of the high school Reina was supposed to go to. Besides, if the musicians they have for this show actually played their best instead of trying to sound like high schoolers, you would hear yet another gulf in quality.

Also, this exchange:
Wife, after the episode, lobbing the softest :smug: softball ever thrown: "So when you were in high school, were you better than Reina"?
Me: *smashes it out of the park*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

you shouldn't call your wife 'it'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

nehezir posted:

what about "Koi"? I'm not too adept at moonspeak so I don't really know the context the word implies beyond some other way to express or state love.

"Ai" (愛) is kind of the general word for love while "koi" (恋) is specifically used for romantic love.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sakurazuka posted:

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I didn't know my WIFE was an untrustworthy wheat beer haha

drat, got me

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ElectricHeir posted:

"Ai" (愛) is kind of the general word for love while "koi" (恋) is specifically used for romantic love.

As I recall, it's more that ai is loving, while koi is being loved. That's not perfect, since they're both nouns rather than verbs, but it's close enough.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One thing to note is that neither of those words is usually used in a 'confession' scene, 'suki/daisuki' (lit. 'I really like you') is much more common.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

One thing to note is that neither of those words is usually used in a 'confession' scene, 'suki/daisuki' (lit. 'I really like you') is much more common.
Well, the framing of the conversation was pretty roundabout, too. They say that it's a confession of love, but neither of them actually says 'I love you.'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KyoAni seem determined to to keep up their air of plausible deniability for that Twitter dude.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

To sum up

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Sakurazuka posted:

KyoAni seem determined to to keep up their air of plausible deniability for that Twitter dude.

That poor, sad Twitter dude

This was another great episode. At first I was pissed that the audition wasn't going to be blind, but the result was satisfactory. Taki-sensei seems a bit socially oblivious on the surface, but he managed to manipulate Kaori into giving up the solo willingly. I guess he trusted her to do the right thing for the band and give the solo to the better musician.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten posted:

To sum up

goldmine

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

goldmine

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

a kitten posted:

To sum up

:captainpop:

Voted 5.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

a kitten posted:

To sum up

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Is there seriously only one episode left of this?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yup, plus a BD special. There's no way its not getting a second season in 6-12 months though

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

a kitten posted:

To sum up

:pusheen:

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

ElectricHeir posted:

ah, gotcha. wanted to see if anyone could clear it up since all three got used in Aquarion EVOL(I think?) and Macross Frontier(much more sure on this one).

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a kitten posted:

To sum up

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Sakurazuka posted:

Yup, plus a BD special. There's no way its not getting a second season in 6-12 months though

That's what they said about shirobako.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Fangz posted:

It also hasn't been the full 6-12 months for Shirobako. :colbert:

I hope, still...

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

hell, Mahouka was Gary Stu Murders Foreigners for His High School but it's characters were so popular they managed to usurp such Emperor's of the Stu Throne as Jesus loving Yamato.

it hasn't gotten a continuation either.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fangz posted:

If Tamako Market can get a movie, this can get a second season.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shirobako's director is working on Prison School, so there's no reason to expect an S2 so soon unless you want it to be bad

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

If Tamako Market can get a movie, this can get a second season.

the tamako market movie owned. please watch it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

Wait, are there more books?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Wait, are there more books?

It's a trilogy. They do seem to be changing a couple of things, though (by this point in the thread, I think we all know what), so I'm not sure how graceful a novel-canon continuation would be.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

the tamako market movie owned. please watch it

I didn't even bother finishing the TV series so probably not going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I didn't even bother finishing the TV series so probably not going to happen.

the movie is a love story. the tv series was just not real good. the bird and the black girl are not even in the movie. its good watch it

• Locked thread