Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mike-o posted:

"Impurities"

I guess I'll add that to me "ignore this person" list with "toxins" and "chemicals"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mike-o posted:

"Impurities"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

hahahaha that pbs mini series carrier is goddamned hilarious

gently caress i'm glad i didn't join the navy

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Two Finger posted:

The USMC Hornet squadron being constantly pissed off and their poo poo always being broken was pretty much Air_Wing.mp4

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

The Victim's Advocate raping a sailor

Just Military Things

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i'm only on the first episode but holy gently caress it's so goddamn navy
the CMC is hilarious givin lectures on safe sex and poo poo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ahahahahahahahahaaha the dude that met his girlfriend when she worked at the drive thru

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Boy are you still in for a ride

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Boy are you still in for a ride

Along with the aforementioned rape by the rape prevention NCO, highlights include:

-Man overboard and being declared missing/dead
-Chemlight overboard followed by the captain going on a witch hunt for whoever threw it over
-Guy getting kicked out for excessive racism
-Pilots with PTSD
-A line of people going to mast

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hello, GiP. Tonight I'm making roasted chicken using a herb de provence mix along with red potatoes, carrots, onions, and asparagus. I've never tried this, so I anticipate some gently caress ups.

First things first, the chicken. Went to the grocery store meat counter for two skin-on breasts. Having chicken skin is important because I'll be searing the breasts skin side down for a nice brown crust before shoving them in the oven for ~20 minutes @ 400 degrees. I had to de-bone both breasts before slathering them in olive oil and a herb de provence mix (French bullshit for thyme and some other poo poo. Smells good, though!)

Searing that loving skin.

De-glazing that pan using red wine along with a few veggies.

What I didn't show were the potatoes cut up (parboiling reasons) and the chicken post-searing, which looked and smelled loving excellent. I'll post the final results here shortly.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So I volunteered to revamp the foster program of the animal shelter I volunteer at. Rebuild it from scratch, documentation, training all that good stuff. Figured I'd start with something simple like and informational brochure.

I've spent the last hour :spergin: about fonts :negative:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Comic Sans

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Arial or Helvetica

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I dig this recent Goons in Platoons with Spoons trend a whole lot btw

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pretty good.

Crowded the pan too much, so it didn't cook quite as fast as I expected. Next time will be much better.

bloops fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 18, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

Arial or Helvetica

No no. I sperged out so hard that I cropped a sample from their website, ran it through a font recognition website and used that.

Edit: I may or may not be applying for an open marketing manager position as well.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 18, 2015

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'd only seen clips of that Carrier show on PBS. I'm finally watching it now. Seconding glad I never joined the retarded rear end navy. The army was gay as gently caress and so was infantry, but god drat that carrier is just one big giant boat full of retard rear end POGs.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Also lol at the XO flipping his poo poo about the chemlight.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Mike-o posted:

I'd only seen clips of that Carrier show on PBS. I'm finally watching it now. Seconding glad I never joined the retarded rear end navy. The army was gay as gently caress and so was infantry, but god drat that carrier is just one big giant boat full of retard rear end POGs.

You ain't lying. When I got my fill of retardation it was possible to just leave post and be among normal people. Try that on a floating airfield in the middle of the Arabian Sea.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I have never used a cast iron skillet since I was a kid long long ago. What is a good one to buy? This would be for cooking for generally 3 people sometimes more.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ded posted:

I have never used a cast iron skillet since I was a kid long long ago. What is a good one to buy? This would be for cooking for generally 3 people sometimes more.

Lodge makes good stuff. A 12" skillet would work best for you.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
I WON
GUS IS DEAD HEADSHOT
LOWTAX IS DEAD
GET READY HERE IT COMES https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2AQ6FwpSrc

Poppyseed Poundcake fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 3, 2015

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mike-o posted:

yeah christ i thought cruise ships were bad enough but at least there we didn't have the HOOAH attitude
aside from that there isn't really a lot of difference except maybe less karaoke from the flips/indos

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Arishtat posted:

You ain't lying. When I got my fill of retardation it was possible to just leave post and be among normal people. Try that on a floating airfield in the middle of the Arabian Sea.

Like, you know it's not permanently there right? You couldn't just leave Kandahar or whatever and be among normal people while deployed either.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Along with the aforementioned rape by the rape prevention NCO, highlights include:

-Man overboard and being declared missing/dead
-Chemlight overboard followed by the captain going on a witch hunt for whoever threw it over
-Guy getting kicked out for excessive racism
-Pilots with PTSD
-A line of people going to mast

Why did the Navy even allow it to be released? I haven't seen it but I've heard enough about it. Do they think it shows the Navy in a positive light? Chemlights overboard suck but there's literally nothing you can do other than hope it was on camera or post watches.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

No no. I sperged out so hard that I cropped a sample from their website, ran it through a font recognition website and used that.

Edit: I may or may not be applying for an open marketing manager position as well.
This is totally normal and What the Font is totally awesome.

Also: http://www.ianli.com/synat/

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

After a month, I feel like I'm emerging from the first summer session mentally exhausted. Taking an intro to calculus course alongside a biochemistry lab felt like a good idea, but keeping up with both of them has been an exercise in :negative:. At least the finals are both tomorrow and I can enjoy some beach time with a friend before starting physics 102 in session 2 (next Monday).

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Thats funny. I put a lodge 12" skillet on my wishlist like 3 years ago hoping to get one for xmas/bday.

Guess I'll just pull the trigger.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dead Reckoning posted:

The Last Detail starring a young Jack Nicholson, and you can thank me later.

Page behind, but this x 1000.

It's basically the most military movie ever (besides maybe Stripes)...but it's easily the most Navy movie ever. Jack Nicholson's character is honestly what I picture in my head whenever I think of "old crusty disgruntled Navy guy."

Also Carrier is hilarious for all the wrong reasons (already listed itt)

Also also holly bloops looks good, I need to start posting some food poo poo

New lodge is good but old lodge is better. I can't remember the specifics but something about how they made the skillets back in the olden days resulted in a smoother surface (something about the machining vs cast or something, I honestly can't remember.)

So what I'm saying ded is buy a new lodge if you must (it'll be fine, that's what I do most of my cooking on over at my girlfriend's place) but if you can find an old lodge at a flea market or antique mall or something go with that.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Why did the Navy even allow it to be released? I haven't seen it but I've heard enough about it. Do they think it shows the Navy in a positive light? Chemlights overboard suck but there's literally nothing you can do other than hope it was on camera or post watches.

Overall it's a positive picture, it just shows all the negative poo poo too. I'm assuming that's why they let it out, because ultimately it's a positive picture...it just has a lot of the negative poo poo along with it (surprisingly for a military approved series, maybe the PAO or whoever who approved it was retiring in 2 weeks and didn't give a gently caress, I dunno)

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ded posted:

Thats funny. I put a lodge 12" skillet on my wishlist like 3 years ago hoping to get one for xmas/bday.

Guess I'll just pull the trigger.

If you have a cabelas close by, there store brand cast iron is pretty good too.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

Flat tax is stupid and fucks over us poors, you're dumb

You poors blue squares. You poors.

If you were half the gently caress machine, instead of three times the gently caress boy, that your writing portrays you'd know your only chances at this point for marrying good female money comes with hygiene and cat issues. Or you nairing up your boy boy pussy for some not so passive aggressive members of the Texas Gay Mafia to have another closet to hide (their rock hard cocks) in.

What's it like to be at a spot in life where getting hosed by a man in cowboy boots and rapists glasses in west Texas is a steep upward climb from your current trajectory?

Follow up: Do I primer or just base coat in these bathrooms my wife is makings repaint? Actually never mind, focus on your creative endeavors, I'll assail the nearest illegal immigrant in a Home Depot parking lot to get what I need.

God speed, Blue Squares. Failing to fail up is a complicated way to fall down, I'll give you that at least. Even your failings are flailing.

loving

El

Oh

El

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cast iron chat: try a thrift shop too. You should be able to find some old cast iron skillets there, and if you're lucky it's already seasoned. I don't know who made mine, but I picked it up at Goodwill for $10 I think, nicely seasoned and pretty The only thing on the back that's still readable is a big number 7, and the inside is pretty smooth, possibly machined.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Eh already ordered the one I had on my wishlist from a few years ago. It looks better than the 'pro' version they have now and was like 35 bucks.

Lodge L10SK3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 12-Inch

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You poors blue squares. You poors.

If you were half the gently caress machine, instead of three times the gently caress boy, that your writing portrays you'd know your only chances at this point for marrying good female money comes with hygiene and cat issues. Or you nairing up your boy boy pussy for some not so passive aggressive members of the Texas Gay Mafia to have another closet to hide (their rock hard cocks) in.

What's it like to be at a spot in life where getting hosed by a man in cowboy boots and rapists glasses in west Texas is a steep upward climb from your current trajectory?

Follow up: Do I primer or just base coat in these bathrooms my wife is makings repaint? Actually never mind, focus on your creative endeavors, I'll assail the nearest illegal immigrant in a Home Depot parking lot to get what I need.

God speed, Blue Squares. Failing to fail up is a complicated way to fall down, I'll give you that at least. Even your failings are flailing.

loving

El

Oh

El

u ok?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ded posted:

Eh already ordered the one I had on my wishlist from a few years ago. It looks better than the 'pro' version they have now and was like 35 bucks.

Lodge L10SK3 Pre-Seasoned Skillet, 12-Inch

Make skillet pizza. Easy and delicious.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
one of the big reasons i wanted one is for stovetop to oven cooking for steaks

and yeh pizza would be cool too, i always have a 20lb bag of flour since i make bread too

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Make skillet pizza. Easy and delicious.

never tried doing it in a skillet. my brother gave me a pizza stone for christmas last year so no need either

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Skillets requires to post ITT

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Rick and Morty is super messed up and hilarious. Watch it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Been better.

• Locked thread