Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Eej posted:

The Wanderer's Paean - Nullifies next enfeeblement.

So it blocks the next detrimental effect to hit you? Depending on the scope of what it can nullify, seems that could be really useful.

Begs the question of whether it's a targeted ability or an actual song.

Bertram Weatherby fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Doublestep posted:

You can't esuna towers in t13

Yes you can.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Belzac posted:

All these people who don't know poo poo commenting on reports by people who don't know poo poo about how things will be at 60.

Just shut up and wait for the game.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Hmmm yes, let's all cease speculative discussion on a thing we can't actually do yet in a discussion thread on discussion forum on which things are frequently discussed by people enthusiastic about them

No talking here, pray look forward to it only

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh no, people are speculating about things, how terrible.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
OK. I speculate nothing you're speculating on will be relevant, give you any advantage, or spark any worthwhile discussion outside of "but scholars don't dps" and "positionals are annoying".

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Meldonox posted:

I'm pretty excited about that, but I only did protection and PVP healing, and that was five or six years ago. Out of curiosity, how are they similar?

They appear to be really good at single target healing

They have an ability to proc an instant cast heal

They have Bacon of light (Give 50% heals from anyone else to single guy)

They appear to be super solid tank heals

Edit: Essential Dignity = Holy shock

Basically all about generally single target SUPERFAST

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 17, 2015

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fish all the fish
PVP all the PVP

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

How dare we talk about Final Fantasy XIV in the Final Fantasy XIV thread.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Saigyouji posted:

Yes you can.

Is this after the unlock because it didn't work for me back before the nerf :confused:

e: alternatively; wow im too pro i never see missed towers :smug: :smug: :smug:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

gently caress my usual levekit guy isnt on and I've been trying to get a Weaver levekit. :negative:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Belzac posted:

OK. I speculate nothing you're speculating on will be relevant, give you any advantage, or spark any worthwhile discussion outside of "but scholars don't dps" and "positionals are annoying".

If it really bothers you, I suggest that you just stop reading the thread.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
everyone chill out and put this on repeat

http://tindeck.com/listen/xrsgr

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
I like that they had to put at least some amount of thought into what order the classes that start at level 30 "got" their abilities at, just so they can be taken away for low level dungeons/guildhests. Those are such a joke now anyway they should just let the new classes be LLDR superstars and have 30 levels worth of abilities in Sastasha.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
FFXIV game play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKwMyu7WtWc

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 17, 2015

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

El Cid posted:

I like that they had to put at least some amount of thought into what order the classes that start at level 30 "got" their abilities at, just so they can be taken away for low level dungeons/guildhests. Those are such a joke now anyway they should just let the new classes be LLDR superstars and have 30 levels worth of abilities in Sastasha.

Even better: Your stats are still scaled down, but you retain all of the abilities that you would otherwise have before Level Sync.

Stuff like Flare and Holy to light up the dingy halls of Sastasha.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
i speculate belzac will become more insufferable with every patch

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

The clicking! The clicking! It burnsssss!

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh

Gizmo Chicken posted:

That DRK icon is Berserk as gently caress.
Wait, so they get their own section on the class menu? drat it, I'm going to have to renumber my gearsets again

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

kharaa posted:

what do you mean speculate?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

El Cid posted:

It wouldn't be a proper ff14 lldr experience if you didn't spend the first minute trying to use abilities you don't have available :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Bertram Weatherby posted:

Even better: Your stats are still scaled down, but you retain all of the abilities that you would otherwise have before Level Sync.

Stuff like Flare and Holy to light up the dingy halls of Sastasha.

This is the only thing I don't like about ff14 level sync and think gw2 did better.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Saigyouji posted:

Yes you can.

Esuna Can't Heal Bahamut Towers

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

gently caress my usual levekit guy isnt on and I've been trying to get a Weaver levekit. :negative:

How much do you pay for these sorts of kits? I assume it's basically 10x of each courier levequest turnin every 5 levels?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Belzac posted:

Positionals can be annoying but the new nin ones are completely reasonable and I am glad of it. I do hope they don't dragoon the class and make the huton refresh require the flank and not just some bonus damage but I doubt they would do that.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Failboattootoot posted:

Positionals can be annoying but the new nin ones are completely reasonable and I am glad of it. I do hope they don't dragoon the class and make the huton refresh require the flank and not just some bonus damage but I doubt they would do that.

the worst part about ninja changes isn't even positionals, it's "hey here's another thing to hit between GCDs because you don't already have enough of those"

and even that's more just kind of weird but okay

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Eej posted:

The Wanderer's Paean - Nullifies next enfeeblement.
Empyreal arrow - 240 potency. Minuet required.
Iron Jaw - 100 potency, refreshes DOT durations. Minuet required.

Really not a fan of being forced into becoming a knock off black mage with this minuet crap tbh

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

nuru posted:

How much do you pay for these sorts of kits? I assume it's basically 10x of each courier levequest turnin every 5 levels?

500k, I have no idea if I am being scammed.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Well it looks like I won't be finishing up the MSQ line before Early Access begins. If I upgrade my account, will I be unable to group with players that haven't?

Also, could someone give a summary of what was added in each patch up to this point? I'd appreciate it.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/

Near the bottom on the left there's a list of links to the old promotional pages for each major patch, I think they list all the important stuff.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Apropos of nothing, I finally figured out who that voice in the JP launch trailer was, and why it sounded familiar. It's Orikasa Ai.

Fat_Cow posted:

500k, I have no idea if I am being scammed.

If that's to get you from 1 to 50 in any given craft, it's more than it'd cost to just buy the HQ items off the markets for certain crafts. If I recall correctly, WVR tended to be one of the more expensive ones but it might still cost less to just buy the items depending on your server. I'd suggest looking up what the best turn-ins for a few of the level ranges are, and just check the boards to see if they can be bought sufficiently cheaply and in bulk.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

For weaver you spend a hideous pile of gil on all the shards you need.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
So uh... anyone get a pre-order code from Amazon yet? I haven't.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Grondoth posted:

So uh... anyone get a pre-order code from Amazon yet? I haven't.

They are sending them out on the 19th.

Yeah.

e:

quote:

Both Early Access and DLC will be run through one combined code that will be emailed before the Early Access period begins. This code will be sent no earlier than 6/19/2015.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What are the drop-rates on the ponies now? I just banged out the ex primals for a friend and we saw one drop every time. Is it 100%?

Also, I hope they expand the tank cheevos to give flying mounts at 400 high level duties or something. I want a flying lion.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Doublestep posted:

everyone chill out and put this on repeat

http://tindeck.com/listen/rznv

drat, what a sweet sound

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

kharaa posted:

You don't have him on ignore?

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

fadam posted:

What are the drop-rates on the ponies now? I just banged out the ex primals for a friend and we saw one drop every time. Is it 100%?

Also, I hope they expand the tank cheevos to give flying mounts at 400 high level duties or something. I want a flying lion.

Supposedly about 1:3 or so is what I've heard, though I only wish I was getting a ratio that good.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Eej posted:

They are sending them out on the 19th.

Yeah.

e:

Sounds like you need to cancel and hit GMG if you still can.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/charmwitch/status/611279482704375808

White Mages crying and cheering at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Ciaphas posted:

You don't have him on ignore?

fwiw Belzac can be one of the more helpful posters in the thread when he isn't being an asshat. His net value is still far higher than certain other shitposters who talk about other MMOs, wives, and their personal preferences and offer nothing of value.

Putting him on ignore is a dumb thing for silly primadonas.

• Locked thread