Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Astro7x posted:

Same here. People have always wished for a level maker for Mario games, but this looks to be the ultimate level maker that cannot be topped.

I definitely wouldn't go that far, it doesn't even let you do everything the original SMB games did, let alone the other ideas/gimmicks that have emerged since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

jivjov posted:

In line for the Mario Maker best buy event. They've got Nintendo reps with 3DSes and Triforce Heroes too!!

I just got back from that. The stock levels were cool but they wouldn't let me fiddle with the level editor, said they weren't allowed to show that off. What else were they expecting people to come for?

At least getting to play 3 Swords was cool and unexpected, and I got a fresh Splatoon poster and some stickers.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo, hear me out. What if, instead of Slippy, our fourth pilot was Isabelle.

Think about it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If you're close to the Nintendo World Store, they're giving out Mario Maker/Starfox Zero pins today.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

If you're close to the Nintendo World Store, they're giving out Mario Maker/Starfox Zero pins today.

Dammit.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Astro7x posted:

Same here. People have always wished for a level maker for Mario games, but this looks to be the ultimate level maker that cannot be topped.

I would easily pay money for an eShop title that just let me download levels and play them on the go on my 3DS

Make me wonder why we haven't seen anything with Luigi in it yet. Maybe it's possible that Luigi's added jump would make levels unbeatable with Mario, so they just left it at that?

You could certainly recreate all those SMA4 eReader levels with this thing though.

There is a mushroom they showed off I think last E3 that gives Mario Luigi's physics. Weird thing is I haven't heard about it this year.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

There is a mushroom they showed off I think last E3 that gives Mario Luigi's physics. Weird thing is I haven't heard about it this year.

Is that the weird thin mushroom?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Motto posted:

Is that the weird thin mushroom?

Yeah, although thinking about it I can't remember if what it did was confirmed or some internet rumor.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

deadwing posted:

Mario maker is pretty ripe for the DLC picking, I imagine at least a smb2 pack will be coming that includes luigi/peach/toad as character options, a new tileset, and smb2 poo poo for everything like the dope e reader levels for sma4

I want them to add a Yoshi's Island pack. I'm not expecting the egg making mechanics or anything, I just want the aesthetic and the music.

The original music, not the DS or the ear rending 3DS remake music.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

They had the Mario pin at Best Buy. Not the Star Fox one though.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

That's probably the Luigi amiibo mystery mushroom. Makes sense that it would give mario Luigi's physics in addition to the cosmetic effects.

Isabelle also has a Mystery Mushroom assuming they used actual gameplay video for the Digital event transitions.

Zonekeeper fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 18, 2015

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
My Wii U has suddenly decided it will never connect to the internet again. Even through multiple different routers. :(

The worst part of this all will be if I fail Team Dog.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bass Bottles posted:

My Wii U has suddenly decided it will never connect to the internet again. Even through multiple different routers. :(

The worst part of this all will be if I fail Team Dog.

Team Dog will pray for a rendezvous of your talents, soldier. We can beat Team Cat, but we can't do it alone.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

Team Dog will pray for a rendezvous of your talents, soldier. We can beat Team Cat, but we can't do it alone.

Thank you. I have purchased a USB ethernet adapter via Amazon Prime in the hope that it comes in time for SPLATFEST and fixes my problem.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I am ready to fight and die for the honor of Team Dog

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm hope team dog loses because team dog is obnoxious as gently caress on this board.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm hope team dog loses because team dog is obnoxious as gently caress on this board.

It's weird for you to call out just one side because this is literally Splatfest

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Macaluso posted:

There's already a ton of stuff in the E3 build they're showing, the fact that they said it didn't have everything makes me so excited

Also the addition of the ghost trail thing that allows you to make crazy jump puzzles like that is so good

edit: The little noise it makes when you place something changes tone to match the music that's playing :psyboom:

Pay close attention. It's saying the name of whatever's being placed, autotuned to match the music.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Okay so actual question: I found a guide for manually entering the IP address/Subnet Mask/etc because this is a common Wii U problem.

My issue though is that my IP address is 9 characters long but the Wii U wants it to be 15. I try to enter the new IP but it keeps adding extra zeroes and then telling me the IP is invalid!! Has anyone else had luck with this method?

This is the dumbest garbage, learn to internet, Nintendo :mad:

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 18, 2015

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Bass Bottles posted:

Okay so actual question: I found a guide for manually entering the IP address/Subnet Mask/etc because this is a common Wii U problem.

My issue though is that my IP address is 9 characters long but the Wii U wants it to be 15. I try to enter the new IP but it keeps adding extra zeroes and then telling me the IP is invalid!! Has anyone else had luck with this method?

This is the dumbest garbage, learn to internet, Nintendo :mad:

The format is likely:

So say you had 192.168.2.1 as your IP, it would be
192.168.002.001? Maybe?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

SystemLogoff posted:

The format is likely:

So say you had 192.168.2.1 as your IP, it would be
192.168.002.001? Maybe?

Hmmmm, ughhhhh.

I'm also supposed to add 10 to the section after the last decimal, but I'm not sure how to add 10 to a number in the 90s. Do I make it three characters long? cycle back to 0?

Also, when I add those extra zeroes the Wii U automatically moves them to the front of the IP, no matter where I put them.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
More Best Buy pin bullshit - these ones are a pre-order bonus:

EDIT: "Pre-order offer valid from June 17–July 11. Your coupon for the 7-button set will arrive in December 2015."
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gaming-...gbR9E4ucmkhsO1g

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Mercury Crusader posted:

Please don't be mean to everybody's best friend Isabelle.

Digby is better.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Oh drat, I wanted one of those StarFox pins after seeing the one Miyamoto was wearing. Hopefully they end up reasonable on eBay or something.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

noirstronaut posted:

gently caress you raditts. i like you but diss isabelle again and i'll put you on team cat

gently caress, we don't want him. I'm team cat and Isabelle is still my best friend.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Bass Bottles posted:

Hmmmm, ughhhhh.

I'm also supposed to add 10 to the section after the last decimal, but I'm not sure how to add 10 to a number in the 90s. Do I make it three characters long? cycle back to 0?

Also, when I add those extra zeroes the Wii U automatically moves them to the front of the IP, no matter where I put them.

IP addresses can go up to 255.255.255.255, so to add 10 to the end with a 90 you would just go XXX.XXX.XXX.100.

Of course I have no idea what you're networking setup is, or what menu it could be on, so I'm Guessa-helping.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
EB Games Australia has a preorder bundle for Super Mario Maker that includes one of the 30th Anniversary Pixel Mario Amiibo's (the original colour scheme one)

I want them, drat you America! :negative:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Hope the Starfox one comes with a pre order.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Jarogue posted:

Digby is better.

:dogbutton:

No.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Jsor posted:

gently caress, we don't want him. I'm team cat and Isabelle is still my best friend.

good, gently caress you and gently caress your team

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Has anyone mentioned the possibility could hear about Bayonetta 3 soon?

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/611362153719697408

Kamiya is a notorious troll though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
With all the extra stuff added for 8-bit in Super Mario Maker, all I can think of is that drat Dorkly video where Mario escalates things to their apex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgACcUDttQ0

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You know he's a notorious troll yet you still fell for his most notorious troll reply?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
And that was right when he was extra-troll because everyone was asking everyone in Platinum about the then-unannounced game that ended up being the Transformers one

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
why would he even announce the news in a magazine what is this 2002

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You know he's a notorious troll yet you still fell for his most notorious troll reply?

My bad. He isn't attached to any of the Platinum games announced this week. I didn't realize he was working on Scalebound.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

noirstronaut posted:

why would he even announce the news in a magazine what is this 2002

Game Informer announces a lot of things.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japan still has lots of magazines and they get all the announcements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

For people who went to the Best Buy event, how was the line if there was one?

• Locked thread