Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Caerulius posted:

I want to love it, but yeah this.

Never play the ink brush then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Ink Brush is love Ink Brush is life.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

JackDarko posted:

:agreed: though I've been having better luck with Chargers recently. I think I just spaz out a bit too much

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The nozzlenose is a bit hard to master. I had to get acquainted with it for some time. It has a decent range and can cover areas quickly, but you really need to be steady with your aim if you want to hit someone with it. The semi-automatic nature of it makes it difficult to use, too. But since it only needs like two shots to splat a squid, it can be used to aggressively maneuver in, since you're not slowed down like other automatic weapons while firing. Some running boots and you're starting to be trouble.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
I wish the hose killed just a little bit faster, right now I feel like it occupies an awkward space where it's ok at any range but always outclassed by something else. The fact that the specials don't really give you any additional options doesn't help either.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Yeah, the specials aren't anything to write about - well, at least the disruptor. I wager we'll see a custom job sometime in the (near?) future.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Cats are neat, but I'm doing my part for Team Loyalty

I'm no artist but I'm having fun. I love seeing people put effort into Miiverse posts

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Trent posted:

Cats are neat, but I'm doing my part for Team Loyalty

I'm no artist but I'm having fun. I love seeing people put effort into Miiverse posts

Greetings fellow #teamdogge member, i do too enjoy miiverse post about teamdogge. Sometimes when I see a #teamcatte post, i send the friendly chav fellow to mug the kid or squid... Skuid... Here are some good ones i saw.

And here is your Mil Working Dogge of the day:

quote:

Here we have Breaker, mascot of Coast Guard Station Fort Macon in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina, who has been serving the crew since June 2002. Breaker is a Black Lab and Border Collie Mix. Breaker was brought to Station Fort Macon after being orphaned and the sole survivor of his family; his five siblings and mother all died from Parvo. The school children know him by name because he is one of the most popular attractions during field trips to the Station. His medical care comes from the Army veterinarians at MCAS Cherry Point. A typical day for the 5 year old consists of watching out for new comers (he seems to have a distaste for Mustang Officers [these are commissioned officers who first joined the Coast Guard as enlisted persons]), basking in the sun, scoping the area for dog treats, and taking the occasional run or swim on the beach with the other crew members. He has been a part of the Coast Guard family since he was 7 weeks old and has provided the crew with a source of entertainment and relaxation

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So two new weapons today.

Is there a new map coming for Splatfest? Didn't realize its JUST Saturday. Kinda wish it lasted all weekend.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Rexroom posted:

The nozzlenose is a bit hard to master. I had to get acquainted with it for some time. It has a decent range and can cover areas quickly, but you really need to be steady with your aim if you want to hit someone with it. The semi-automatic nature of it makes it difficult to use, too. But since it only needs like two shots to splat a squid, it can be used to aggressively maneuver in, since you're not slowed down like other automatic weapons while firing. Some running boots and you're starting to be trouble.

The Nozzlenose is somewhere between the Splash-o-matic and the Blaster in terms of its playstyle. It's fast and accurate even by S-o-M standards but it can't kill in one burst like the Blaster. I think its niche is if you want a reliable skill weapon and you can line up doubletaps with the Nozzlenose then it offers follow-up shots quick enough to to be a player-hunter weapon. The Blaster can kill in one shot assuming the stars align but if you miss or the game reads your hit as a miss then you have to wait a long time to fire again, whereas the Nozzlenose can follow-up with its second shot immediately. It's a neat concept to add, I really like all the different familiar shooting-game archetypes they're including.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

JackDarko posted:

The ink brush is my new favorite weapon. Coupled with the ninja swim shirt and it's even more fun just swimming up behind some dudes and splat them silly.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

You can throw a Splat Bomb through the basketball hoop in the testing area and your squidkid will give a little cheer. :3:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
#TeamCat - We Didn't Make DogeCoin

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Snuffman posted:

So two new weapons today.

Is there a new map coming for Splatfest? Didn't realize its JUST Saturday. Kinda wish it lasted all weekend.

Yeah I agree one day is too short. I would let it run all week personally.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Man, I busted my rear end trying to level up to 20 to get the gold roller for Splatfest. I got it today, annnnnnd ... spoiler alert, it eats rear end. Why didn't anyone tell me?

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Bean posted:

Man, I busted my rear end trying to level up to 20 to get the gold roller for Splatfest. I got it today, annnnnnd ... spoiler alert, it eats rear end. Why didn't anyone tell me?

Dynamo Roller is one of my go to weapons. You should have an idea of what the gold roller is like at 15 when you unlock the dynamo.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Keiya posted:

#TeamCat - We Didn't Make DogeCoin

#TeamDogge - I could mention LOLcats, but here have pictures of mil dogges and cattes

quote:

The Thetis crewmembers get the award for having the most mascots of the greatest variety! Here are two shipmates, an unnamed cat and dog, taking a break from duty somewhere up in Alaskan waters. They seem to be getting along well.

Orabilis posted:

Dynamo Roller is one of my go to weapons. You should have an idea of what the gold roller is like at 15 when you unlock the dynamo.

Dynamo roller is my go to roller, The kraken is faster but the dynamo has the sprinkler, covers more area and throws more paint.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The Dynamos feel more like shotguns than traditional rollers. The splash has tremendous reach and a lot of damage. You can shave a few frames off your exposed time if you hide in ink, pull the trigger and then hit jump (you'll fire the splash by the time you land) instead of jumping and then pulling the trigger (you'll fire the splash a little after you land). If you can get the drop on someone that thing is a tidal wave.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Reiley posted:

The Dynamos feel more like shotguns than traditional rollers. The splash has tremendous reach and a lot of damage. You can shave a few frames off your exposed time if you hide in ink, pull the trigger and then hit jump (you'll fire the splash by the time you land) instead of jumping and then pulling the trigger (you'll fire the splash a little after you land). If you can get the drop on someone that thing is a tidal wave.

No I'm Sanger Squidvolt, the roller that inks evil. TASTE MY INK EVIL DOERS!!!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Reiley posted:

Dynamos are Super Shotguns and Rollers are normal pumpers.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
In non-four-legged news, I attempted to transcribe the lyrics from Callie and Marie's singing in the Splatfest video (and other places)

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I love those world famous lyrics.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Keiya posted:

In non-four-legged news, I attempted to transcribe the lyrics from Callie and Marie's singing in the Splatfest video (and other places)

Someone make a Change.org petition to make this our new national anthem.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Whoa. Every single ranked match today was a really intense back and forth (at B+). Switched from Custom Blaster to Krak-On Roller part way through in hopes of making it better, but instead I just found myself in the fray hiding in the ink and hammering everyone who comes by, replenishing beacons, trying not to die. Man when did Splatoon become so intense.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Keiya posted:

Well, you went and made me do the verses.

Squid Sisters posted:

Cha meni moh~, chudu chudu te da myudo ni, ni de po meda dy'n.

Sa myudo ni~ de nani-de chudo pa-ra-chi, myudo ni na hana meh, meh, meh!

Ya, we-ni, ma-re, mirechara mi-ro, cho-ne, yomirikera so!
Ki-de, yo-ri, yorihera he myudo awa oh myuro-oh hana myudo hana mi-i mero

Na, mi-re, chu-te, mirechara he-do, mi-re, yomirikera so!
Ji-de, ja-di, yorihera he myuda awa oh myuro-oh hera myudo mero mi-i mero ni!

Yes, it is sad. NOW EVERYBODY SING! :toot:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
neeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrds

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Keiya posted:

Where does this play? I can't really match it to any of the songs in my head.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Steelion posted:

neeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrds

Moe spotted.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zeruel posted:

Where does this play? I can't really match it to any of the songs in my head.

Final boss. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adviaRAxJ5s

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I tried to practice with the Nozzlenose and Blaster, and although I'm making headway, my team always does terribly since I'm not using the Aerospray, getting 400-600 points while rarely getting below 1k with the Aerospray. Have I played myself into a corner? :negative:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Silentman0 posted:

I tried to practice with the Nozzlenose and Blaster, and although I'm making headway, my team always does terribly since I'm not using the Aerospray, getting 400-600 points while rarely getting below 1k with the Aerospray. Have I played myself into a corner? :negative:

Sounds like it's just Turf War. Don't measure yourself by your points, but see how high your KDR can go. Once you get the hang of the weapons you'll go from the bottom of the point list to the top when you take it into Ranked, where you have more objectives beyond just shooting at the floor.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

I think the Nozzlenose and Blaster are much better for ranked. However, I've gotten over 1k with the Blaster in Turf before! It really relies on splatting people a lot though, and moving quickly. The Aerospray is definitely the easiest to score over 1k with though.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I had a weird glitch where my wii u started offline so my splatfest shirt was just the grey one with the design you see in the menu. When it tried to connect it failed and deleted my shirt. 2nd try it connected, and i got my shirt back, but with the skills re-locked. Kind of annoying.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Dear Splatoon, please don't lower my rank after I get kicked from a "disconnection error"

tia

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 18, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My brother keeps knocking my rank down to C+ but this means I can feel cool going 15 and 1 in stompy matches so I don't really mind. Some people really don't get that the blaster can easily kill you even when the person using it doesn't have line of sight.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
"brother"

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Best Girl posted:

Dear Splatoon, but don't lower my rank after I get kicked from a "disconnection error"

I'm actually fine with this. It means that people with awful connection problems will be kept away from higher ranks where some idiot going and disconnecting and ruining and otherwise excellent match between skilled players. It also means that people who are higher ranked are that way because of skill, not because they were "smart" enough to unplug a router when their match was going sour.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

And then I get punished for something beyond my control. I'd rather it just not alter your score at all. Someone can still unplug their router, but they won't move up in rank. And if they're bad they're going to stay that way except in the instances they're put on a really good team or against a really bad team. And the higher they weasel, the less that'll happen.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The worst thing about disconnects is that if someone ragequits because the team is losing, the chances of redemption are lowered since you're going 3 - 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I want an option ingame to give some money to skype spyke/whomever to lock my color to a specific one for a day or week. there are some neat colors in ranked and single player and id love to use them in turf war.

Also I keep typing spyke's name as skype

Tengames fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 18, 2015

• Locked thread