Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Never 4get Metro's Type 59 Clubhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
When I try to run tanks on high settings all the graphics turn into black silhouettes. Anyone else ever encountered this problem? I'm thinking it's maybe time for a GPU upgrade?

I'm running a Radeon HD 7850, a Core i5 3570 Ivy Bridge CPU and 8 GB of DDR3 1333 RAM.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
gently caress you nerds! The Type 59 is old poo poo and the CDC is the new hotness, get with it losers.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Basscop posted:

Hello.

The T69 is cool and good and wrecks poo poo even with the stock 76mm.

That is all.

There is a reason why our TS has World of Tanks: T69 Scumbag Edition on it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Agrajag posted:

gently caress you nerds! The Type 59 is old poo poo and the CDC is the new hotness, get with it losers.

Or get them both.... :smugdog:

In other news, best battlecount/stats combo:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Agrajag posted:

If someone farts near the CDC a crew member dies. Type 59 strong.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

M.C. McMic posted:

When I try to run tanks on high settings all the graphics turn into black silhouettes. Anyone else ever encountered this problem? I'm thinking it's maybe time for a GPU upgrade?

I'm running a Radeon HD 7850, a Core i5 3570 Ivy Bridge CPU and 8 GB of DDR3 1333 RAM.

7850 is more than enough to run tanks on!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

The Southern Dandy posted:

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7850-vs-GeForce-GT-240

I used to play on a Geforce GTX 240, so the 7850 would be quite an improvement.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
new code for today: m7f5sd6gdr

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Jack_tripper posted:

new code for today: m7f5sd6gdr
Thanks, it gave me 1 day of premium

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

unlawfulsoup posted:

If someone farts near the CDC a crew member dies. Type 59 strong.

FCM 50T 4eva.

...because I talked myself out of buying a Type 59 way back when because I already had a Lowe. vOv

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I bought a Type 59, but then I won one from a contest by killing 11 tanks with the Otsu.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

I bought a Type 59, but then I won one from a contest by killing 11 tanks with the Otsu.

Oh so you have an extra one to sell to Metro! ;)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Secondary dibs on the Type 59!

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Agrajag posted:

Haha. Get your non pref MM out of here.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

rossmum posted:

Because it doesn't normalise, it doesn't handle spaced armour well, and tracks eat it? Shooting all HEAT out of anything above tier 5 that isn't an E100 is dumb as all hell and the mark of a bad player who desperately wants to be one of the cool kids.

The majority of ammo shot from a T-54/T-55 should be AP unless you're frontally engaging heavies. This winner was firing HEAT at the sides of lower-tier mediums, and not doing damage because their tracks kept eating it.

I think the t54/55 is the exseption from this rule, due to the difference in pen between normal AP and heat. I think AP is 200'ish and Heat is 330'ish? , which makes a huge difference. who needs normalization when you get 100+ exstra pen. just shoot anything in front instead of tracks and your fine, even turrets are easy pens.

personally i avoid heat due to spaced armor/tracks myself. but the t54 is one of the few i carry lots of heat, and im close to gettin the t55 as well :)

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

The Southern Dandy posted:

Hmm, maybe I'll look for driver updates or something. When I tried to play tanks in HD my framerate slowed to a crawl (5-10 fps). That's if I can even get the graphics going at all... generally I just see black silhouettes instead of tanks/buildings/terrain.

Also, Type 59 rules. I have nearly 1/4 of my overall matches in it (485. not a ton, but I don't get to play much).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Being the mega paranoid person I am, I am not sure if I need stay home and play tanks Friday to get the tank. This is my current ranking:

A few of the leaders were saying the estimates are coming out to say that above 85k should be good to get the tank. Does anyone know for "sure" what the cut off is going to be?

As much as I want to be social and talk to other human beings on a Friday night, a $30 pixel tank is calling for me.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

As much as I want to be social and talk to other human beings on a Friday night, a $30 pixel tank is calling for me.

the cutoff right now is 51k and it's only been going up 4-6k a night; the lower end just aren't getting the big modifier games so I wouldn't worry

real edit: I killed you last night on mines

Jack_tripper fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 18, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Jack_tripper posted:

the cutoff right now is 51k and it's only been going up 4-6k a night; the lower end just aren't getting the big modifier games so I wouldn't worry

Fake Edit: gently caress fame points.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I'm in like 60th place or something but we aren't going to have any licenses owned

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

DonkeyHotay posted:

I'm in like 60th place or something but we aren't going to have any licenses owned

Yeah they were talking about that last night. That really blows :smith:. Are the leaders going to compensate you?

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

DonkeyHotay posted:

What happened with -G-?

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

I'm in 11000th place can i still get a tank ?? guys ????

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Salean posted:

You'd be surprised...

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Salean posted:

There is a small chance, we literally pulled Beerstein up in like 2 days. That said, you really should have shown up before, because we are getting a stupid amount of people the tank with licenses most likely.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I'm first place.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

I'm first place.

This isn't the Special Olympics!

:parrot:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Severe burns injuries are not a joking matter.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Japanese heavies are going to be such hilarious abominations.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Gonna play the poo poo outta them when they get released.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah they actually look like they could be entertaining. Better armor than I expected, too.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Whats not to love about a heavy tank with a gun that will one shot everything a tier lower than it and half of its same tier vehicles. Exactly what this game needs more of.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Oh god it's almost a VK 3001H. I never thought I'd care about a czech tank.

link

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Pen nerfs on 9.9:

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Those aren't the same as the numbers listed by the official wargaming release.

Here: http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/19/armot-change-public-test/

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 18, 2015

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Yeah they were talking about that last night. That really blows :smith:. Are the leaders going to compensate you?

I have no idea

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Awww is the 121 really performing that well that it needs its pen jammed that hard?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

unlawfulsoup posted:

What happened with -G-?

The same old same old. Burnout and some migrations to greener pastures. More specifically to the tournament, we had some questionable strats against teams too good to wing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Pen nerfs on 9.9:

Why the heck would you not nerf the batchat heat round?