Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
On the PC side anyone know of an add on that gives tool tips in Provisioning ingredients. I can find lots that tell you things when at a fire or about recipes, but nothing that lets me look at a looted ingredient and tell whether I know the recipe for it. I imagine I will eventually have a set of favorites, but right now it means filling up inventory with a lot of unusable stuff very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
I noticed that not only can we be in five guilds at a time, but apparently we're locked to the guild's faction chosen initially during it's creation with regards to some bonuses and PVP shenanigans?

So, PS4 goons I made a second goon guild, this time Ebonheart is the faction for it, there is no need for anybody to leave Lusty Argonian Maid, Honestly we should go ahead and have a third goon guild for the Daggerfall covenant as well.

So shout if you want into either/both guilds and I'll send invites/someone will invite you. The Ebonheart guild is named Black Cat and Associates so keep your eyes out for an invite.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Thanks for the invite, Zombie. If we are going cross faction with Lusty, I think we should use that bank as the primary crafting dumping ground.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

Glockenapfel posted:

Thanks for the invite, Zombie. If we are going cross faction with Lusty, I think we should use that bank as the primary crafting dumping ground.

I hope we can get it so all goons are in all faction guilds, then we can organize our bank storage up and have triple the guild bank space.
Also three heraldry doodads to choose from is always good.

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jun 18, 2015

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Sogol posted:

On the PC side anyone know of an add on that gives tool tips in Provisioning ingredients. I can find lots that tell you things when at a fire or about recipes, but nothing that lets me look at a looted ingredient and tell whether I know the recipe for it. I imagine I will eventually have a set of favorites, but right now it means filling up inventory with a lot of unusable stuff very quickly.

Sous Chef.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What is the best way to play with friends when there is a level difference? Have the lowest level lead the group and do dungeons, so everything scales to his level? PvP?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 18, 2015

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I'm a healing machine if any ps4 EH goons want to run one of the first five 4 player dungeons today. spvcejam- in game or just go to the Lusty Maiden voice chat.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

RCarr posted:

What is the best way to play with friends when there is a level difference? Have the lowest level lead the group and do dungeons, so everything scales to his level? PvP?

PvP has no level barriers whatsoever other than vet/non-vet, so it always works as a good group activity.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is there a website that shows if it's day/night ingame and the cycle of the moon for PS4? This seems like something some sperg would have done by now.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

I hate yankees posted:

I think weapon drops sell, but picking things from racks have no value. It's been driving me crazy too.

For world items, any item listed as 'take' will have no value, items have to be stolen or loot.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Do you need treasure map items to get the treasure?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

xxEightxx posted:

Do you need treasure map items to get the treasure?

Yes. You have to have the map to be able to get the treasure.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Excruceleo for invite to all ps4 guilds.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Nothing gets the juices going like getting the drop on someone in a cyrodiil dungeon and deciding to risk going in for the kill. Managed to bag a vr14 dragonknight earlier, though in ideal conditions (i had my ults ready and he had just used his up on some mobs and his stamina was down).

My new sorc murder bars:
Ice staff: Frost reach, Endless fury, Hardened ward, Crystal fragments, Inner light, Flawless dawnbreaker
Restoration staff: Power surge, Ball of lightning, Combat prayer, Siphon spirit, Inner light, Ice comet

5 twilight's embrace, 3 willow's path. All light armour, all divines trait and max magicka enchantment, thief stone. weapons with sharpened trait
What's really going to switch things up is when i get 30 champion points in the ritual for that spell crit passive, because then i'll move my mundus stone over to something like the shadow or the warrior because you're supposedly best off having your crit chance somewhere around 50% and then boosting the damage

vug fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jun 19, 2015

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Is there a quest to collect Nirnroot like in previous Elder Scrolls games, or am I free to use it all up in alchemy?

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
the crafting writs have you collecting ingredients, but there's nothing special about nirnroot like in proper elder scrolls, and you can buy it pretty cheap in guild stores

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

vug posted:

the crafting writs have you collecting ingredients, but there's nothing special about nirnroot like in proper elder scrolls, and you can buy it pretty cheap in guild stores

Cool, thanks for the info.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wee Bairns posted:

Is there a quest to collect Nirnroot like in previous Elder Scrolls games, or am I free to use it all up in alchemy?

Keep all the nirnroots you can find. The Alchemy crafting writ almost always requires Nirnroots.

E: XP Scrolls came out today via crown store. A pack of 5 is 1,000 Crowns, which is about 10 bucks. Each scroll lasts 2 hours. Craftable EXP pots only last 50 minutes max, at 4 pots per craft if you have provisioning maxed out.

Honestly the scrolls seem like the better deal here, since the recipe fragments are priced out the rear end right now alongside the legendary ingredient necessary to make them.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 18, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I'm guessing prices are going to plummet though once more people have the recipe. That perfect roe ingredient doesn't seem that rare after all. Its been what, three or so days? And its already dropping below 10k last I checked.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Zombie Defiler posted:

I noticed that not only can we be in five guilds at a time, but apparently we're locked to the guild's faction chosen initially during it's creation with regards to some bonuses and PVP shenanigans?

So, PS4 goons I made a second goon guild, this time Ebonheart is the faction for it, there is no need for anybody to leave Lusty Argonian Maid, Honestly we should go ahead and have a third goon guild for the Daggerfall covenant as well.

So shout if you want into either/both guilds and I'll send invites/someone will invite you. The Ebonheart guild is named Black Cat and Associates so keep your eyes out for an invite.

Coudl you send an invite to CuddlyZombie- pretty please?

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

jabro posted:

Is there a website that shows if it's day/night ingame and the cycle of the moon for PS4? This seems like something some sperg would have done by now.

none that i've found. waited with a group + 10 random pubbies yesterday for the spawn and never saw it. People were convinced the sun was going down but I never noticed it move once during that time and still have no idea wtf we were really doing out there.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...

Zombie Defiler posted:

I've been banging around now that I can do so on PS4, hit 'digitist' with invites when you have the chance.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Exp scrolls are baller. Went from 300k exp to 750k exp from a pledge and some boss battling while on one in a little over 75 minutes.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I don't want more exp. I am already consistently out leveling the game. I am low level and running a few different characters so no idea about the overall arc of things. Will that change when I hit Veteran or something?

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

First play of this on the PS4 last night - North America server was down for maintenance so I started a character on Europe server. I can't load this character on the North America server. Any way to export characters between servers?

Is there a Europe server goon guild to join? I have a Ebonheart Templar.

Otherwise I'll start again on the North America server and join a goon guild, happy to join one in each faction and try them all out.

clusterfuck fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 20, 2015

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Sogol posted:

I don't want more exp. I am already consistently out leveling the game. I am low level and running a few different characters so no idea about the overall arc of things. Will that change when I hit Veteran or something?

Well, there's (currently) that huge yawning gap between when you first hit veteran ranks and veteran rank cap, and during the whole time you're at a disadvantage to someone at level cap and can't do trials, which would motivate people to want to level up asap. They're getting rid of that eventually but the other thing is champion points. There's really no limit to how many hundreds of those you would want to collect. for example because of the perks that come in when you put 10, 30, 75 etc. points in each of the nine constellations

I agree you don't want to outlevel the 1-50 missions though. Outlevelling is a lot less significant when you're in the veteran versions of the PvE zones

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
There is a sort of official track for getting through veteran ranks (1-5: cadwell's silver PvE zones, 6-10: cadwell's gold PvE zones, 11-12: lower craglorn, 13-14: upper craglorn) but i think most people find such a prospect appalling (hundreds of hours of quests quests queSTS QUESTS QUESTS! QUESTS! QUESTS UNTIL YOU DIE!! with most of your levelling and skills and stuff already done)

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Question about the guild bank (Xbone SA Goons). I have been depositing extra items (potions, style material, alchemy crap, and occasionally weapons and armor. Is any of this (besides the style material) useful to put there for anyone? I put it there for the taking, and just wanted to make sure I was not just filling useful space with poo poo trash that no one can use.

On another note...j just learned last night that you can re-enchant stuff (rings, gear, etc) that already had any enchant. Wish i knew that 15 levels ago...

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Alchemy stuff can be useful for potion makers. Weapons and armor can be used by other goons to decon. Potions are a bit hit or miss depending on leveka and stuff, but as always can be useful. Style materials are probably the most useless, you either buy them cheap right there or are swimming in them from decons.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
The one thing I would really like is enchanting glyphs to dismantle because I've had this comically awful situation where my enchant skill has lagged behind my level all the time I've played on my enchanting character so I've never been able to make glyphs that are better than what I can buy in shops. Though I've never actually gone looking for job lots of them on guild stores

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Exp scrolls are baller. Went from 300k exp to 750k exp from a pledge and some boss battling while on one in a little over 75 minutes.
I recently realized exactly why I hate this game. They have a bunch of systems in place like the daily crafting writs, the enlightenment, daily PVP missions, mount training, hireling mail, etc to help balance the casuals vs poopsockers.
The problem us that I now feel like if I miss a day I am falling behind and if I only have an hour to play, I spend all my time managing things instead of actually playing.

I was excited about exp scrolls until I realized its just one more thing I need to manage instead of just being able to play the game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You don't have to do any of that stuff though. Just play the game if you want to. If you want to max every single aspect of the game you can't really complain that you choose to do that rather than play.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

vug posted:

The one thing I would really like is enchanting glyphs to dismantle because I've had this comically awful situation where my enchant skill has lagged behind my level all the time I've played on my enchanting character so I've never been able to make glyphs that are better than what I can buy in shops. Though I've never actually gone looking for job lots of them on guild stores

Set up a trade system with another goon. You get a lot more experience for deconstructing someone else's glyphs, compared to deconstructing ones you made.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

eSporks posted:

I recently realized exactly why I hate this game. They have a bunch of systems in place like the daily crafting writs, the enlightenment, daily PVP missions, mount training, hireling mail, etc to help balance the casuals vs poopsockers.
The problem us that I now feel like if I miss a day I am falling behind and if I only have an hour to play, I spend all my time managing things instead of actually playing.

I was excited about exp scrolls until I realized its just one more thing I need to manage instead of just being able to play the game.

Trying to keep up with the people that can play all day is never a good idea for this game or any mmo in my opinion. Hopefully with the VR requirement reductions coming next patch and battle boosting everyone to VR14 in pvp will help alleviate a lot of the gap that exists currently.

Edit: Ideally, at least until they get rid of VRs completely or barring something likeake each VR level require 1 exp, I'd like to see something around the number of 400,000 exp per level, similar to the cost of one CP. Thatd have people hitting VR14 about halfway through what it'd take to get halfway through VR5 currently, or wrapping up silver.

Alternatively progressive costs so its 50k to VR 2 100k to VR3, etc, so you'd hit VR7 by the time you'd originally finish VR1 which is where the power gap between VRs kind of dissipates (though shouldn't be the case either way with upcoming battle boosting). Doing this you'd hit VR14 roughly around VR4 on the current system.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 19, 2015

deftest
May 7, 2011
can anybody on XBONE werewolf/vampire me?

Will happily trade an Argonian Motif book for it

PM me, please

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

If anyone on PS4 can craft etheric hooch, I'd appreciate it if you throw one in the guild bank for me.

Also, no text chat is killing me. I have to keep voice chat turned off most of the time to avoid random weird noises, but when I want to ask the guild a question, no one is listening for the same reasons....

Lastly, I am working to high levels in every craft, so if you need something or want to trade in general, let me know. It might be easier to friend me on PSN so we can text chat in game. My main is 22 and happy to do dungeons as well.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Trying to keep up with the people that can play all day is never a good idea for this game or any mmo in my opinion. Hopefully with the VR requirement reductions coming next patch and battle boosting everyone to VR14 in pvp will help alleviate a lot of the gap that exists currently.

Edit: Ideally, at least until they get rid of VRs completely or barring something likeake each VR level require 1 exp, I'd like to see something around the number of 400,000 exp per level, similar to the cost of one CP. Thatd have people hitting VR14 about halfway through what it'd take to get halfway through VR5 currently, or wrapping up silver.

Alternatively progressive costs so its 50k to VR 2 100k to VR3, etc, so you'd hit VR7 by the time you'd originally finish VR1 which is where the power gap between VRs kind of dissipates (though shouldn't be the case either way with upcoming battle boosting). Doing this you'd hit VR14 roughly around VR4 on the current system.
I realize its just a mindset thing, but its how I feel playing this game. The features I mentioned were to put in place to help people keep up, but in practice they only make me feel bad when I skip them. MMO's are all about progression, especially modern ones, to say they aren't is just silly. I feel like I have the choice of either never progressing and not having fun because I suck too much to have fun, or I am stuck endlessly managing things and never playing the game. It feels like instead of the carrot being on a stick just out of reach, the carrot is on faster donkey getting farther and farther away.
Its something that is completely based on the individual, but for me personally its just so hard to play this game periodically and feel like you made any progress.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I divide up management and play sessions with focused mng sessions between mostly play sessions. The only thing I manage regularly is timers in crafting research and horses, but I am not trying to min/max this, just systematically progress it. I don't even play every day. A bit ongoing with inventory space which at least early on seems to be one of the largest constraints in the game. I mostly wear outdated crappy armor. My longer mng sessions once a week or something are to upgrade the crappy armor, allocate points and organize things like active quests. Clean up inventory, update add ons, etc. it is in no way min/max, since I don't really understand the mechanics enough to do that if I wanted to. It's pretty casual, though I occasionally have long sessions. I am at that point where this is easy though since I am low enough level that I can still solo PvE and have not really ventured into PvP yet. The PvP is what will determine whether I keep playing the game or not really.

MMO's aren't usually about progressing in the way dictated by the leveling system of the game for me, but more about learning the mechanics and enjoying the game. This doesn't seem to require relinquishing life and sanity. I also find this particular game very forgiving. You can reallocate skills/attr. You don't have to have über gear to play the PvE at least. The crafting system is such that you can make your own gear that works, which I like a lot. You can easily gather enough resources and level crafting as you go along leveling, or at least so far I have been able to. Maybe all that will change at higher levels and current end game or something, but I am not really concerned with that as I play it now.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...
I threw some low level runes in the cat bank for that dude who was looking for some exp defining them... Also some food recipes. I can dump runes I guess too.

My Orc will gladly accept drink recipes for his meager life boozing it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snack
Mar 21, 2007

Magically Delicious.

Zombie Defiler posted:

This is a fair point; any XBone players with an alt readymade want to do this for Dominion or Covenant?

• Locked thread