Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

MotU posted:

bad posters couldn't get out of developmental, had to cut em

clearly trained by Sara Del Rey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We all make fun of Big Show these days, but it is legit impressive that he's still in relatively good health in his mid-40s for a guy his size.

I remember hearing something about him getting a bunch of surgeries to try slowing down his gigantism, because he didn't want to end up like Andre or Giant Gonzalez and grow into an early grave. Can anyone confirm or deny that story?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yes, he got pituitary surgery. Without it he'd be completely hosed up by now.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He always manages to lose incredible amounts of weight whenever he takes one of his sabbaticals, so I'm inclined to think being on the road all of the time just messes him up hardcore.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DeathChicken posted:

He always manages to lose incredible amounts of weight whenever he takes one of his sabbaticals, so I'm inclined to think being on the road all of the time just messes him up hardcore.

Yeah, he came back last year and actually had a really fun tag team with Mark Henry. Then they made him an Authority lackey and put him against Reigns after he gained the weight back, and it all went to poo poo.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I think Show himself said that his pituitary surgery screwed up his metabolism so when he's on the road he can't help but gain weight.

Also it's especially impressive that he's in the shape he is today because jesus christ in 06 and 07 he was easily legit over 500 lbs

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DynamiteKidd posted:

I think Show himself said that his pituitary surgery screwed up his metabolism so when he's on the road he can't help but gain weight.

Also it's especially impressive that he's in the shape he is today because jesus christ in 06 and 07 he was easily legit over 500 lbs

The fact he eats nothing but loads of fast food doesn't help ether.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DeathChicken posted:

I used to question whether Big Show was either unwilling or unable to stay conditioned while on the road, and I now fall into the "unable" camp -- I mean, the dude is clearly trying and all but with that body I'm sure he has to eat like a horse, and since he travels in his RV or whatever it doesn't give him a lot of chances for conditioning. When he came back for the Mayweather thing he was positively svelte.

They should have reduced him to a "special attraction that comes out every six months" role, like they use Brock currently -- he'd come back in shape and you'd know that poo poo was about to get real.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DynamiteKidd posted:

Still better than the shape he'd be in without the surgery. Andre was near death at his age.

The fact that he has to travel by bus probably hurts, too.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Acromegaly is probably something we can treat better now, too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Acromegaly is probably something we can treat better now, too.

That's what Big Show thought until Stephanie gave him the bad news.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

The fact he eats nothing but loads of fast food doesn't help ether.

Big Show eats Pittsburgh Rare steaks from room service. It's canon.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.
Show also has enough wear on his back and knees that being in shape is difficulty's envoy without adding travel and a road diet.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

DynamiteKidd posted:

he looked like walking death in ecw

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

His weigh in for the Mayweather thing was legit, whatever weight that was

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Samoa Joe and Owens is awesome, that is all.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

HogX posted:

Samoa Joe and Owens is awesome, that is all.

Phrase that in the form of a question please

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Phrase that in the form of a question please

How much do these guys weigh?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Junpei Hyde posted:

How much do these guys weigh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fe92m7nF7s

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Luigi Thirty posted:

His weigh in for the Mayweather thing was legit, whatever weight that was

441 is the number that jumps out at me. It was something way lower than I expected at any rate.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Best part of show mayweather was JR announcing it counted as an official win in mayweathers boxing record.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Please, help me settle a debate that has raged for ages. What the hell are the words being said in the Harlem Heat theme song? Yes yes, no no? Ice ice, cold cold?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The crazy laughter in that is Jimmy Hart, right?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That DICK! posted:

Please, help me settle a debate that has raged for ages. What the hell are the words being said in the Harlem Heat theme song? Yes yes, no no? Ice ice, cold cold?

I'm kind of surprised this question seems to pop up again and again and no one ever knows the answer. Now I finally get to answer it, yay!

It's "Yes yes - no no", sampled from Kraftwerk's Sex Object. The theme also features samples from Kraftwerk's Music Non Stop.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I'm kind of surprised this question seems to pop up again and again and no one ever knows the answer. Now I finally get to answer it, yay!

It's "Yes yes - no no", sampled from Kraftwerk's Sex Object. The theme also features samples from Kraftwerk's Music Non Stop.

gently caress yes, I was right. Thank you friend B)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

:hfive:

I wonder if Kraftwerk actually is aware of the track. They're notoriously trigger-happy when it comes to copyright stuff.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

I wonder if Kraftwerk actually is aware of the track. They're notoriously trigger-happy when it comes to copyright stuff.

I'm sure they dig it . . . . . . SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

As we all know, Ralf Hütter is a huge Booker T mark

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Its not a WCW produced theme, it came from some production library.

I've heard it a couple of places, including a Kids in the Hall sketch.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MrBling posted:

Its not a WCW produced theme, it came from some production library.

I've heard it a couple of places, including a Kids in the Hall sketch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-CtKIo7olM

Why do you do it? POWER.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Aside from phlebitis was it said what Dusty was sick with?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Someone please mod this into Booker's titantron in 2K15, thanks.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
I have a friends and soon to be roomate who'd never watched any sort of pro-wrestling before. I fired up the last NXT special-- he loved the hell out of Finn Balor, wanted to see Kevin Owens get his smug jerk face punched in, and was kind of middling on most else. He looked up Chikara stuff online too, and really loved what he saw. When it comes to what he liked the most, heseemed to like the theatricality parts of pro wrestling, and high flying stuff.

Does this mean he'd probably enjoy Lucha Underground? If so,should we start at the beginning and work our way through the current seasons?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

He'd probably like Lucha Underground, and if he doesn't, it's only a one hour show.

I'd start at the beginning because the storylines are fantastic and while there are lots of great individual moments, they're even better because those great moments build off past ones.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Muddy Burphy posted:

Aside from phlebitis was it said what Dusty was sick with?

I think they said he had a kidney problem.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

This is probably super-stupid, but the only difference between a moonsault and a shooting star press is whether you're facing the opponent or not at the start? Otherwise it's just a backflip?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Teddybear posted:

This is probably super-stupid, but the only difference between a moonsault and a shooting star press is whether you're facing the opponent or not at the start? Otherwise it's just a backflip?

Kind of, but an SSP means you have to move forward while doing a backflip, which is a good degree harder.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The SSP is you jumping from a front-facing position, where it's a lot harder to build momentum and turn your body around. There's a reason not many people try it and it's considered more impressive, while the moonsault is practically a transition move these days.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Ah, I didn't even think of that. That would be a lot tougher, wouldn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Speaking of the SSP, is there anyone today who uses it as a finisher besides Son of Havok? I know Ibushi can do a standing SSP, but I haven't seen him win matches with it.