Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheRealestMatt posted:

Maybe it's not in this part, but Pat keeps calling him Jake's dad from there on out, but I constantly say it's his uncle.

This playthrough is already gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

Maybe it's not in this part, but Pat keeps calling him Jake's dad from there on out, but I constantly say it's his uncle.

This, this is why we keep coming back for more SBF.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
mack not being jake's dad being a plot point makes it even better

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Oh my god, Ride to Hell playthrough.

I'll ride to hell with you Best Friends, because of this LP. :allears:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You know Matt, when you said the next LP would be a horror game I didn't expect it to be quite this horrifying.

Also I'm surprised no one mentioned Killer Instinct on PC.

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jun 18, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, FREEDOM PLANET NANANA is gonna be a Monster Game deal in Steam six hours from now, and so will be Strider. Just a heads-up.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

HGH posted:

Also I'm surprised no one mentioned Killer Instinct on PC.

Pat seems to be the only one who doesn't immediately pooh-pooh any fighting game on PC, because I guess if the specs between different PCs aren't as consistent as consoles, despite being able to perfectly run the game, they aren't tournament-worthy or some poo poo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually it's because PC Ports of fgs are pretty notoriously not good. That being said, the KI Port will most certainly be perfect, but it will not be tournament standard because no loving TO is actually going to ask someone bring their entire rig to run the game on when consoles are more convenient.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, there's this weird trend of Steam fighting game ports being halfassed(or worse, given to High Voltage). But since KI is Microsoft itself I don't think they'll mess it up.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Beef Waifu posted:

Actually it's because PC Ports of fgs are pretty notoriously not good.

See, I don't get where people "learned" this from. Usually they're just somewhat behind in terms of updates (or incredibly behind, what the gently caress Arcsys), but the games themselves run great. The only developer that seriously shits the bed with their PC ports is NRS, since they subcontract it to HVS, a terrible company. Oh, and DoA5 was released with no netcode for some bizarre reason.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They made a big deal on the podcast about how Europe finally got XRD on PS4, but meanwhile Steam only just recently got XX Accent Core Plus R.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

See, I don't get where people "learned" this from. Usually they're just somewhat behind in terms of updates (or incredibly behind, what the gently caress Arcsys), but the games themselves run great. The only developer that seriously shits the bed with their PC ports is NRS, since they subcontract it to HVS, a terrible company. Oh, and DoA5 was released with no netcode for some bizarre reason.

The port of Accent Core Plus R has worse netcode than the PS3 version and has actual issues with the offline mode. The original version of USF4's PC Port was actually a really bad port, which was not good for a company like Capcom who had a pretty good record with their ports up to that point because they decided contracting their most popular fighting game's port to some nerds and not themselves was a good idea. The SNK Ports of the fighters aside from like KOFXIII are still not as good as the console ones. As you mentioned, NRS' are pretty notoriously atrocious. ArcSys puts Blazblue like a decade behind itself by porting two outdated versions of their most popular fighting game series without online play for one of them and issues detecting sticks originally.

Whether or not some of these ring to you as real problems is up to you, but like fighting games do not get a great rap on PC unless they are from Capcom and as I mentioned, the USF4 port was originally riddled with issues. KI will more than likely be fine since that is a Microsoft exclusive and they'll be damned if someone else touches it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Matt, please buy and play the DLC mission. It has the single greatest bug I have ever seen in a video game. MDC viewers know the one I'm talking about.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Matt, please buy and play the DLC mission. It has the single greatest bug I have ever seen in a video game. MDC viewers know the one I'm talking about.

I'm not sure the bugs in this game are that reliably replicated. That bug as amazing though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Beef Waifu posted:

The port of Accent Core Plus R has worse netcode than the PS3 version and has actual issues with the offline mode. The original version of USF4's PC Port was actually a really bad port, which was not good for a company like Capcom who had a pretty good record with their ports up to that point because they decided contracting their most popular fighting game's port to some nerds and not themselves was a good idea. The SNK Ports of the fighters aside from like KOFXIII are still not as good as the console ones. As you mentioned, NRS' are pretty notoriously atrocious. ArcSys puts Blazblue like a decade behind itself by porting two outdated versions of their most popular fighting game series without online play for one of them and issues detecting sticks originally.

Whether or not some of these ring to you as real problems is up to you, but like fighting games do not get a great rap on PC unless they are from Capcom and as I mentioned, the USF4 port was originally riddled with issues. KI will more than likely be fine since that is a Microsoft exclusive and they'll be damned if someone else touches it.

The original version of USF4 was fine, the gently caress-up came with the Steamworks transition (so much it hosed up the old version too). Granted, it was a big gently caress-up, but it wasn't "invisible fireballs" like the PS4 version. SNK is fine, honestly, their old game ports are decent and XIII is the better version across all platforms. Arcsys hates PC players, but their latest ports were fine too, just late as gently caress. The GG ports are a whole other issue, they had a couple "sub-contracted" (more like someone decided to port the game to make some bucks) releases which were absolute poo poo, and +R I didn't get around to pick up, but I've been hearing it had device recognition issues. gently caress NRS too.

But PC's problem still is more "not getting new fighting games" than it is "getting unplayable ports". Capcom and SNK have a decent track record, Namco never tried their hand at PC, Arcsys is spotty and they visibly don't give a gently caress about PC (late as gently caress releases, the CT port with no netplay came out on Steam in goddamn 2014), and NRS sucks. I mean, I don't recommend being a fighting game fan and playing only on PC, but it's more because certain games never come out than because the versions that do are awful.

Also the best fighting game is PC-exclusive, shoutouts to Melty Blood.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

PC is the Europe of consoles.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
As I understand it, a lot of the issues with the USF4 Steamworks transition were due to bugs in Valve's P2P stuff rather than Capcom's fault.

Either way, Iron Galaxy's handling KIPC themselves, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Kins posted:

As I understand it, a lot of the issues with the USF4 Steamworks transition were due to bugs in Valve's P2P stuff rather than Capcom's fault.

Either way, Iron Galaxy's handling KIPC themselves, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah, it was some weird implementation on Capcom's side and P2P bugs on Valve's side.

KIPC should be fine, it's a Microsoft game handled by Iron Galaxy.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Andrast posted:

I'm not sure the bugs in this game are that reliably replicated. That bug as amazing though.

I was able to do it twice in a row when I played through the mission. It seems to just happen on its own when you interact with the door and try to move forward through it :laugh:

Edit: both MDC, myself and Matt were/are playing the xbox 360 version too so the odds are the magic door bug would happen to Matt too, I think

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I can't remember who's video of Ride to Hell it was, but there was literally a duplicate of a character T-posing in the background of a cut-scene. It was a thing of beauty.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That got pointed out in the GameGrumps vid. It's during the scene where you talk to the black girl bartender at a pool lounge- it's a model identical to the bartender and it's in all versions. Only visible for 1 second tho so it's easy to miss. I have watched a lot of people play this game.

Edit: I love watching different groups of people play terrible games- someone always notices something new.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 18, 2015

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That was probably the one. The mark of a truly so-bad-its-good/entertaining game: multiple watches still prove funny.

Also, along with Freedom Planet, Shovel Knight and Life is Hella Strange are on Steam sale today.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 18, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Beef Waifu posted:

Actually it's because PC Ports of fgs are pretty notoriously not good. That being said, the KI Port will most certainly be perfect, but it will not be tournament standard because no loving TO is actually going to ask someone bring their entire rig to run the game on when consoles are more convenient.

Well in this case it's crossplay so who cares if it's not tournament standard

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No one does, they just want the port to be good which it will be.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Matt, did you seriously play Ride to Hell more than once.

because it sounds like you did

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I really love how transparent it is that Ride to Hell is supposed to be open-world and they just recycled what they had into a bunch of missions. The Mechanic telling you a specific address seems like they wanted you to actually drive to her house on the open world, but they just dumped you into the driving map instead. It's also really obvious that they intended you to explore the whole map where the house is at some point, but then they just sectioned off a part of it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The moment I lost it was when Matt yelled "okay, here we go everyone!" and started drifting. This playthrough is going to be amazing from start to finish.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Compendium posted:

Oh my god, Ride to Hell playthrough.

I'll ride to hell with you Best Friends, because of this LP. :allears:

We've gone from the Golden Age... to the Chrome Age.

Witness this, fuckers!

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
It's time for the Matt, Pat, and Liam playthrough. Oh man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Fa2ZP7G4c

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

maybeflan posted:

Say what you will, that game is NOT the worst of its bunch.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Al-Saqr posted:

I don't think anyone is going to say that

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

maybeflan posted:

Excited about this

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
All we need now is for them to go back and play through Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Matt, please tell me you spend like 30 minutes coloring in the house for old time's sake.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

lets hang out posted:

Excited about this

Likewise. I've only ever seen the Grumps play through of it and it didn't really sell me. It's rad that Pat (and Matt) seem to give a poo poo about it, I am so down.

E: And Liam seems to have a pretty open mind on everything so far except little girl ghosts. Should be an excellent playthrough.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
An unseen combination!?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al-Saqr posted:

I don't think anyone would call basically the only good 'modern' Silent Hill the worst?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I had only seen Voidburger's LP of this before, and she was super critical of it and the tiger in space. It'll be cool to see SBF's take on it, especially with Pat's thing with psychology.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Can someone link me to the door bug for Ride to Hell? I wanna do it, and I'm not really finding it.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

Can someone link me to the door bug for Ride to Hell? I wanna do it, and I'm not really finding it.

I think this is it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd2nNpj8uqA
So from 58:54 to 1:01:13. Thanks beep by grandpa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Holy poo poo, lol

Any idea what triggers it? Random?