Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Runaways looks like it'll be stupid teenage hijinks at Doom High. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

SirDan3k posted:

Strange! (don't forget the exclamation point, the letter never did) didn't get killed, his/it's? essence was sent to help Clea and bonded with a freedom fighter she was falling in love with in a B plot about Dormammu seizing power again. Being a conduit of raw magic power he swiftly conjured a rug and swept himself under it. They never said if he died or not.

Yeah Paradox basically died on the way back to his home planet. Vincent Stephens definitely died though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That reminds me of how DC tried to revamp Dr Fate by giving him a sick knife and a face tattoo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So Deadpool Secret Wars has made Secret Shields canon.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

TNG posted:

Sorta, Strange, who later became known as Paradox, died off panel in-between David Quinn, who created him, and Ellis' runs. The whole Vincent Stephens/Strange/Salome arc was a terrible idea and was blatantly Marvel attempting to cash in on the whole Image/Spawn craze of the time. It also derailed an interesting Len Kaminski run so that Dr. Strange could join all the 90s heroes who had gone super 90s, much like his Iron Man.

That being said, it's fun that he's being referenced.

Some people here have read the 90's Dr. Strange book more recently then I have it seems.

muscles like this? posted:

That reminds me of how DC tried to revamp Dr Fate by giving him a sick knife and a face tattoo.

Fate! who is a bounty hunter because it's the 90's.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

zoux posted:

So Deadpool Secret Wars has made Secret Shields canon.

I never read the original secret wars, so I assumed when I saw that the shields the action figures came with were something from the original series based on that.

Also, looks like Deadpool is stealing Colossus's girlfriend.

And yea, each realm of battleworld is blocked in by a giant wall, and you are not to leave your realm, or throw anything out of your realm based on what happened to Ms America. If you do, you get sent to the Shield. Looks like the Doom Thor Patrol is the only group that has permission to travel between realms.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 18, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We know that OML Wolverine is going to be part of the main continuity (well, strongly suspect based on promo art). So I wonder if he's going to bring any of the AoA X-men from last issue with him. That's always been a popular alternate continuity.

twistedmentat posted:

And yea, each realm of battleworld is blocked in by a giant wall, and you are not to leave your realm, or throw anything out of your realm based on what happened to Ms America. If you do, you get sent to the Shield. Looks like the Doom Thor Patrol is the only group that has permission to travel between realms.

Then why do the Squadron Sinister get to annex surrounding realms?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Deal with Doom?

Its almost 100% definite that Old Man Logan is going to be part of the main universe due to the announcements that marvel have made. I could see them bring AOA Sabertooth as he is reformed and they seem to want him on the Avengers for some reason. They should also bring Blink and some of the other Exiles as long as Claremont can not write them.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 18, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Deal with Doom?

Its almost 100% definite that Old Man Logan is going to be part of the main universe due to the announcements that marvel have made.

No I think he is as well, but until it's officially announced...

Lotta people speculating this is 616 Odinson because of the arm, unworthiness and Jarnbjorn.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

twistedmentat posted:

This doesn't seem to be the case; in MODOK: Assassin, we see him cruise along a Killville highway right up to the Sentinel Territories, and it's just a change from scenic highway to rubble-marked dystopia.

e: have we seen duplicates of any of the Barons?

Majuju fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 18, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, Jamie Braddock was in regular Secret Wars and Angela.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Yes, Jamie Braddock was in regular Secret Wars and Angela.

Mr. Sinister was one of the Horsemen in OML this week as well.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Ordinary people aren't allowed to leave their realm. Although, as was shown in Attilan Rising, if you are high ranking enough it seems like you can move between realms if you really want to.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The rule seems to be you can't leave your realm, its spelled out pretty clearly in A-force, but there's probably a million exceptions. Like MODOK isn't going to rock the boat, but a Wolverine running around? That's not something DOOM can let happen.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

That's not something DOOM can let happen.

Have we seen Squirrel Girl?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

Have we seen Squirrel Girl?

Probably locked in the deepest dungeon in Castle God Doom because she could undo all of Dooms grand plans.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

zoux posted:

No I think he is as well, but until it's officially announced...

Lotta people speculating this is 616 Odinson because of the arm, unworthiness and Jarnbjorn.

As cool as that would be I extremely doubt it after that Odin/Maestro red herring. Besides he became worthy during the beyonder fight and lost his arm as well.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
While I agree that is probably not 616 Thor, I would imagine that since Doom is the one who gives the hammers their power, the concept of worthiness might be a little different.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

While I agree that is probably not 616 Thor, I would imagine that since Doom is the one who gives the hammers their power, the concept of worthiness might be a little different.

His scale is Richards to Doom :doom:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Biggest Jerk posted:

As cool as that would be I extremely doubt it after that Odin/Maestro red herring. Besides he became worthy during the beyonder fight and lost his arm as well.

Given some of hosed up poo poo in Battleworld, i think Doom just managed to recreate part of 616 as he remembers or whatever backup/remains of the universe post incursion. Thor died to the Beyonders where even Doom can't reach so no one knows any better.

The main book will hopefully get into the nitty gritty details of how Doom pulled this off considering the last we saw of him pre BW was his molecule man bomb failing and taking out the majority of the multi-verse.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

The Biggest Jerk posted:

This is clearly 616 Odinson. Why would people think it isn't?

There is no 616 any more. Battleworld has multiple copies of characters from various realities and timelines. Why would one of them not be the Thor we recognise? Nobody is saying that Ultimate Thor isn't Ultimate Thor because he died in the incursion, because EVERYBODY DIED in the incursion, except those on the rafts. 616 Thor died the same as everyone else, and now has been recreated on Battleworld, same as everybody else. Its already been established that the Zones aren't necessarily recreated exactly how they were at the point of incursion

Same for the people saying that Cyclops on that Secret War cover must be a mistake because Cyclops because he's Pheonix powered now. There's literally a thousand Summers manning The Wall, why wouldn't there be a post AvX Cyclops kicking around?

I don't get why everybody is struggling to get this concept.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I think the question people are asking is less "is that 616 Odinson" and more "that's 616 Odinson, DO YOU THINK HE MIGHT HAVE SOMEHOW SURVIVED EVERYTHING AND REMEMBERS STUFF AND THIS WILL BE A BIG REVEAL?"

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

krakagar posted:

This is clearly 616 Odinson. Why would people think it isn't?

There is no 616 any more. Battleworld has multiple copies of characters from various realities and timelines. Why would one of them not be the Thor we recognise? Nobody is saying that Ultimate Thor isn't Ultimate Thor because he died in the incursion, because EVERYBODY DIED in the incursion, except those on the rafts. 616 Thor died the same as everyone else, and now has been recreated on Battleworld, same as everybody else. Its already been established that the Zones aren't necessarily recreated exactly how they were at the point of incursion

Same for the people saying that Cyclops on that Secret War cover must be a mistake because Cyclops because he's Pheonix powered now. There's literally a thousand Summers manning The Wall, why wouldn't there be a post AvX Cyclops kicking around?

I don't get why everybody is struggling to get this concept.

In your post you say it is clearly 616 Odinson, and also that it is a recreation of 616 Odinson. Are you sure you're not the one struggling with the concept?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Finally, we get a crossover event that forces us to question the nature of the soul :getin:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

I think the question people are asking is less "is that 616 Odinson" and more "that's 616 Odinson, DO YOU THINK HE MIGHT HAVE SOMEHOW SURVIVED EVERYTHING AND REMEMBERS STUFF AND THIS WILL BE A BIG REVEAL?"

It's a silly question. The only survivors who remember anything are Doom, Strange, and the people on the lifeboats. Hickman has made that pretty clear.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Senor Candle posted:

In your post you say it is clearly 616 Odinson, and also that it is a recreation of 616 Odinson. Are you sure you're not the one struggling with the concept?

That is basically the same thing though as far as Secret Wars is concerned. Everyone is a copy unless they were on the raft. There's a whole area that's just a copy of 616. This Thor is supposed to be the Thor we know as Odinson from there.

Though yeah, reading it back, maybe my post comes across as kind of confusing. Sorry.

Basically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shs7VQhVvxA

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

It's a silly question. The only survivors who remember anything are Doom, Strange, and the people on the lifeboats. Hickman has made that pretty clear.

Yeah, what this guy said.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, 616 Odinson did died before the final incursion, so there may be something funky with him. Actually, we never actually saw him and Hyperion die, they were just gone, so who knows?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I asked yesterday but got no answer: what continuity is Nu-topia?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bobkatt013 posted:

Deal with Doom?

Its almost 100% definite that Old Man Logan is going to be part of the main universe due to the announcements that marvel have made. I could see them bring AOA Sabertooth as he is reformed and they seem to want him on the Avengers for some reason. They should also bring Blink and some of the other Exiles as long as Claremont can not write them.

Wait, hang on, wasn't OML in the AoA & Creed was there as a villain?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Well, 616 Odinson did died before the final incursion, so there may be something funky with him. Actually, we never actually saw him and Hyperion die, they were just gone, so who knows?

They're dead. The Beyonders killed them. Doom and Strange show up at that same place later.

I'm not sure what Nutopia is. It might be the Morrison X-Men location?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

zoux posted:

The characters who weren't some sort of [Squadron] Supreme [Power] analogues in that issue were all from the original New Universe, so presumably the New Universe?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Wait, hang on, wasn't OML in the AoA & Creed was there as a villain?

Yeah I finally got around to reading it and shocked to see Creed there as a villain since in the original he was a loyal X-man.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Wars_(2015_comic_book)

Someone went through and linked all the continuities with their respective realm

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
I'm only pretending to care
Taco Defender
Until I read Thors I never realized that I wanted a Marvel police procedural but now it's all i can think about.

Adult Swim, Netflix, someone please make this happen.

It setup beautifully, each week you get to go to a different corner of Battleworld to solve some crazy crime.

I need this in my life.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Krailor posted:

Until I read Thors I never realized that I wanted a Marvel police procedural but now it's all i can think about.

Adult Swim, Netflix, someone please make this happen.

It setup beautifully, each week you get to go to a different corner of Battleworld to solve some crazy crime.

I need this in my life.

From what I understand that's exactly what Powers is, just not in the Marvel Universe.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah I finally got around to reading it and shocked to see Creed there as a villain since in the original he was a loyal X-man.

BENDIS! :doom:

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 18, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm just assuming it's AoA, but it's not like Magneto doing a face turn and leading a ragtag group of former good and evil mutants in a world turned upside down doesn't happen every month. So it might not be strictly AoA.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

I'm just assuming it's AoA, but it's not like Magneto doing a face turn and leading a ragtag group of former good and evil mutants in a world turned upside down doesn't happen every month. So it might not be strictly AoA.

The last page was them with a statue of Apocalypse and everyone was in their AOA uniforms. All might be revealed in the AOA miniseries. If creed is a good guy there then we know its Bendis being Bendis.
In this thread :argh: should not be used when we have :doom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

zoux posted:

I don't think that those are actually wall separated realms they are annexing as some areas are collections of several surviving realities.

Basically all surviving Squadron Supreme got put into one section of battle world to, well battle for supremacy.

• Locked thread