Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I was gonna say something about Wolf probably being in the new Star Fox game they want to promote, but I don't exactly want to form a unified front with you two tards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

We've got, what, 5 FE characters now? What's another space animal to that?
I won't mind if it's Wolf, especially since he's more of a Lucas to Fox's Ness (moreso than Falco, at least), but I'd really like to see more newcomers.

I'm actually surprised the only Namco rep we've gotten is Pac-Man, I would've expected at least 2 to begin with due to the partnership, and they've got more than a few characters that would fit Smash like a glove.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Wolf murdered James McCloud in cold blood. If you support his return, you have an evil heart.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Cicadas! posted:

We've got, what, 5 FE characters now? What's another space animal to that?
I won't mind if it's Wolf, especially since he's more of a Lucas to Fox's Ness (moreso than Falco, at least), but I'd really like to see more newcomers.

I'm actually surprised the only Namco rep we've gotten is Pac-Man, I would've expected at least 2 to begin with due to the partnership, and they've got more than a few characters that would fit Smash like a glove.

Lol yeah I'm sure Sakurai is losing sleep trying to decide between Klonoa and Mitsurugi... gently caress outta here.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Aston posted:

Wolf murdered James McCloud in cold blood. If you support his return, you have an evil heart.

James McCloud is Fox's father... so Wolf has to come back to finish the job he started

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Aston posted:

Actually James McCloud flew into the secret zone in sector Z and came out in the F Zero universe as a human.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Somebody posted a cool graphic outlining all of Ryu's combos. Would somebody still happen to have that?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Aston posted:

Wasn't that Pigma?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

To be honest I never read the Expanded Universe novels.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Wolf is an antagonistic yet noble space mercenary. I would welcome his return as I welcomed my friends, Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy. I hope all of our Smash Brother friends return for this game, and new friends as well.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Bloodly posted:

Wasn't that Pigma?

Yeah Pigma is an rear end in a top hat

He should be playable in smash bros

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 18, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Pigma is returning in the new Star Fox, to get his beautiful reward.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah Pigma is an rear end in a top hat

He should be playable in smash bros

We could use more villains in general, but I think we can do better than Pigma. I know Wolf isn't technically a villain, but he already took the place of one for Starfox before.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I like to pretend that fem!Robin is an alternate universe Grima so it adds one to the villain count. It helps that she's condescending as gently caress.

"How can you protect Chrom if you can't even protect yourself?" said the female tactician to swordswoman after beating her up. No really, that's one of her rare victory lines versus Lucina. Nothing male!Robin says is that mean.

Also, it makes the prospect of Chrom working with her hilarious in how wrong it is.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 18, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SL the Pyro posted:

I like to pretend that fem!Robin is an alternate universe Grima so it adds one to the villain count. It helps that she's condescending as gently caress.

"How can you protect Chrom if you can't even protect yourself?" said the female tactician to swordswoman after beating her up. No really, that's one of her rare victory lines versus Lucina.

Also, it makes the prospect of Chrom working with her hilarious in how wrong it is.

Dude I really don't want to read these posts anymore, and I have to check this thread since the Imp Zone one is stagnant. Have mercy.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Dizz posted:

Smash 5 will be a dumb fan project that will have lots of characters nobody ever asked for like Knuckles, Tails, anything from Golden sun, 700 pokemon, digimon, gohan.

isn't that what PM kind of is already?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Dude I really don't want to read these posts anymore, and I have to check this thread since the Imp Zone one is stagnant. Have mercy.

i'm sorry

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

net cafe scandal posted:

Not sure what I did wrong but I apologize anyway.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sharrrk posted:

i'm sorry

It's not your fault.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

read my posts imo

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Wait. People are using the bottom of the official website's character pages and counting the blank spaces to see how many "DLC slots" are open?

This is really stupid. You know they can just add another page each time it fills up?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Echo Chamber posted:

Wait. People are using the bottom of the official website's character pages and counting the blank spaces to see how many "DLC slots" are open?

This is really stupid. You know they can just add another page each time it fills up?

People have literally zero idea the time and effort it takes to develop/model/animate a smash character so therefor they think the devs are being completely arbitrary with how many/what characters they choose to add.

It's the same reason people get ticked at clones for "taking the slot from a more deserving character". There are no "slots" there is literally a bunch of video game devs deciding how much time, effort and money it will take to implement X,Y, and Z character.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Make the guys, Sakurai

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SL the Pyro posted:

"How can you protect Chrom if you can't even protect yourself?" said the female tactician to swordswoman after beating her up. No really, that's one of her rare victory lines versus Lucina. Nothing male!Robin says is that mean.

Male Robin actually asks if Lucina is alright after beating her, so I can see the opposite approach.

As for more villains, maybe they could add in Eggman as a slightly modified Bowser Jr. clone.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Adding new characters is easy, just search for them in Google, download, and soon enough you have Ronald McDonald and Rare Akuma in Smash.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bloodly posted:

Wasn't that Pigma?

Yeah, Wolf wasn't part of that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

make an expansion DLC that give you like 18 fighters from Street Fighter but with the same kind of mechanics as Ryu in Smash. There's your future smash game for NX or whatever. Best of all now you can have the bozo competitive fighter everyone wants while still keeping the babby B-button controls, stages, and 4-player modes for party games.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Any one of the 12 next most popular Street Fighter characters are more iconic and suitable for Smash than any of the third stringers you see people rallying behind for the ballot.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

if given a choice between Chun-Li and Dixie Kong, the average Smash fan will choose the grotesque monkey loli if only to meet their imagined standards for series representation.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

if given a choice between Chun-Li and Dixie Kong, the average Smash fan will choose the grotesque monkey loli if only to meet their imagined standards for series representation.

we're at a point where we have like 5 loving swordmen, I think it's safe to say the game system can move on from mascot fighter and give people the swordfucker/brawler people truly want to play competitively. honestly it wouldn't surprise me since that's 2 big capcom names attached and with SFV coming out, some hosed up spinoff as yet another EVO thing would just get Capcom even more attention

I just really really like Ryu's mechanics it's the coolest

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Whoever in the thread said Earthworm Jim, drat that would be fun. Lotsa cool/kooky environments and assets that would gel nicely with Smash style.

-Stage recovery by head-whip
-assist trophy is that jekyll and hyde dog
-cow launcher final smash

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I, personally, voted for Wolf O'Donnell in the Smash Poll, and I did not befoul my voice with multiple votes. This commitment to the Wolf Man all but guarantees his return, as Sakurai has a good heart and will recognize those few who did not break his one basic rule.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I voted for Bomberman.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

After Wii Fit Trainer, anything is possible.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Reiley posted:

I, personally, voted for Wolf O'Donnell in the Smash Poll, and I did not befoul my voice with multiple votes. This commitment to the Wolf Man all but guarantees his return, as Sakurai has a good heart and will recognize those few who did not break his one basic rule.

You're a good person, I mean it truly.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I don't think a good person would glorify the scourge of the Lylat System, but then that's just me.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
I personally want Ray-01 in my Dairanto.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

mamelon posted:

Whoever in the thread said Earthworm Jim, drat that would be fun. Lotsa cool/kooky environments and assets that would gel nicely with Smash style.

-Stage recovery by head-whip
-assist trophy is that jekyll and hyde dog
-cow launcher final smash

yeah but to get him in the game they'd have to pay money to a homophobe

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Aston posted:

I don't think a good person would glorify the scourge of the Lylat System, but then that's just me.

But he's not? He's just a mercenary like Fox is, he just gets paid by Andross who is the true scourge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Typical Aston, polluting fine threads with baseless nonsense...... shaking my drat head over here.

• Locked thread