Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Given that it's Mac, it's hard to tell.
He has done a normal-non blackface black guy before, in a grey wash to imply dark skin:

But on the whole, normal Black people tend not to appear in Mac-land, only voo-doo witch doctors, with swarthy gypsy types, and the filthy (white lower-class) poors making up most of his crowds.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Iain Duncan Smith has disabled people in his sights – Work and pensions secretary told by judge that delays in payment of disability benefits were unacceptable and unlawful"

Telegraph:

David Cameron: Fifa scandal must prompt corruption purge; Parents falling for allergy myths is leaving children malnourished

Times:

Facebook criticised by NSPCC over baby ducking video clip

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Missed a trick not making the Fat Cat black and white here, imo.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Chickens come home to roost for David Cameron - Chris Riddell on the problems besetting the prime minister"

Sunday Telegraph:

No place for Putin back in the G7, says Merkel; Prince George and Princess Charlotte pictures released

Independent on Sunday:

Nato boss praises Angela Merkel's wine-drinking stamina

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the G7 summit – David Cameron joins the G7 summit of leading industrialised nations in Bavaria expecting to face a crowded agenda dominated by Ukraine, the Greek bailout and climate change" Also 'Conservatives for Britain' pressure PM over EU talks

Telegraph:

Obama urges Cameron to keep 2% defence spending target

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and the EU referendum – David Cameron has abruptly changed his line on whether ministers will face the sack if they back an EU exit. How is it that he got so badly lost in translation?"

Telegraph:

After Low.

Independent:

Doctors' cosmetic surgery guidance urges more honesty

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson and the TTIP – The London mayor told the LBC that there is a need for a ‘proper’ US/EU trade deal, as well as getting rid of the idea of ‘ever closer union’"

Telegraph:

EU referendum: MPs support plan for say on Europe

Independent:

EU referendum: David Cameron says comments misinterpreted

Yesterday's Times:

Times:

David Miliband: Labour have turned the page backwards rather than forwards

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne's Mansion House speech – Speaking to an audience of bankers in London, the chancellor has said the time is right for British taxpayers to start selling its stake in Royal Bank of Scotland"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Sir Tim Hunt 'sorry' over 'trouble with girls' comments

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Is it just me or do his cheeks look like balls

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

J_RBG posted:

Because they're hanging next to a dick?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

J_RBG posted:

It's not just you.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on ministers' surveillance powers – Downing Street poised to reject call to remove ministers’ ability to issue interception warrants, despite promise to overhaul law on investigatory powers" After Mad Magazine.

Telegraph:

Robin tops poll to find UK's 'national bird'

Independent:

Foreigner arrested as Malaysians blame nude mountain pictures for earthquake

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on George Osborne's proposed asset sales – However confidently it is presented, neither taxpayers nor the economy will benefit from George Osborne’s fire sale" Also 'Battle of Orgreave': Probe into 1984 miners' clash policing ruled out

Times:

Christopher Lee obituary

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday:
Observer:

"Look behind you, David Cameron - Chris Riddell on Conservative in-fighting"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Today:
Guardian:

Telegraph:

David Miliband drops clearest hint yet he will return to British politics

Independent:

Labour’s leadership hopefuls: can any of them win over the voters of Nuneaton?

Times:

Philae comet lander wakes up, says European Space Agency

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Cloud Potato posted:

Today:
Guardian:

Who's the rat?
And... Brian Adcock(???) really had fun drawing those leadership hopefuls. Look at those beautiful eyelashes.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Squishy posted:

Who's the rat?

I think it's Snowden.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

Maybe I've spent too long in the US thread, but I think I've seen this cartoon about a dozen times now. Right wingers of all stripes really get hot under the collar about how sexy and manly Putin's authoritarian regime is don't they?

kapparomeo
Apr 19, 2011

Some say his extreme-right links are clearly known, even in the fascist capitalist imperialist Murdochist press...
"Putin is strong and assertive; the West is weak and passive". Seems to be a pretty straightforward theme for cartoons really.

kapparomeo fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jun 15, 2015

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

lol strong my arse, putin hasn't the faintest what real strength is

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

kapparomeo posted:

"Putin is strong and assertive; the West is weak and passive". Seems to be a pretty straightforward theme for cartoons really.

Yes, this is a great example of what I'm talking about.

kapparomeo
Apr 19, 2011

Some say his extreme-right links are clearly known, even in the fascist capitalist imperialist Murdochist press...
What are you talking about? Sorry, I honestly don't get your point. As political cartoons go it's one of the simplest there is.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Putin's an authoritarian loon and lots of right wing cartoonists biggest complaint is usually that western leaders aren't enough like that.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

My point is that Putin likes to project a tough, manly image (both as a person and on the international stage), but they're both total fictions. His posturing has resulted in sanctions that have dealt Russia's economy a significant blow and outside of Russia and their neighbours his influence is limited.

So when right-wing cartoonists show him as "strong" and <insert leader here> as weak it means they're thick enough to be taken in by his PR campaign. It also infers that they want their leader to be more like Putin and... invade a country? Oppress the gays a bit?

kapparomeo
Apr 19, 2011

It doesn't imply anything of the sort. It's not about admiring Putin, it's about deploring the West's inability to stand up to him. [snipped because cataloging Western action & inaction belongs in the EE thread, not a cartoon thread]. You don't need to be a wannabe oligarch or a militarist to think that action against Putin has been ineffectual. Even if Putin's tough-guy image has been exaggerated... It's a cartoon, not an essay for Foreign Affairs, exaggeration for effect is the point.

kapparomeo fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 15, 2015

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

If your cartoon is anti-Putin then simply repeating the tough-guy image put around by his PR team is a curious decision to say the least.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They should have him glistening and putting on a Gun Show with a half naked barbarian lady wrapped around his thigh. Full Frazetta style.

That or just go completely Tom of Finland. Everything can be improved with nipples like bullets.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goatface posted:

That or just go completely Tom of Finland. Everything can be improved with nipples like bullets.
Putin drawn in the style of 'homosexual propaganda' would be a glorious thing.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Among the Russians themselves Putin's constantly having to fight off the perception he's a huge girly mahn since his voice sounds effete to most Russians or something.

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
Any perceptions of Putin as a ruthless character is ruined once you hear him speak English IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awWAd-jdwDg

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

tdrules posted:

Any perceptions of Putin as a ruthless character is ruined once you hear him speak English IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awWAd-jdwDg

It comes back when you hear him speak German.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XcdeGSnyRA

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Magna Carta's 800th anniversary – David Cameron today said a new UK bill of rights will ‘safeguard the legacy’ of Magna Carta on the 800th anniversary of the signing of the charter"

Telegraph:

Georgia flood: Tbilisi residents warned over zoo animals after devastating flood

Independent:

Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn completes the line-up

Times:

Elite firms 'exclude bright working class'

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Watching all the cartoonists desperately scramble over the next couple of days to work out a caricature for Jeremy Corbyn should be a good laugh :munch:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and the EU referendum – Downing Street will move to head off a damaging Conservative Eurosceptic rebellion by offering assurances that ministers will not use public funds to pay for a final burst of government spending on publicity in favour of a yes vote in the EU referendum"

Telegraph:

Angela Merkel stands firm on finding resolution to Greece crisis

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Britain and the Greek debt crisis – British chancellor George Osborne says government is taking ‘all steps’ to protect Britain amid fears that Greece is on verge of debt default"

Telegraph:

Greece says deal on debt crisis unlikely at Thursday talks; Chris Evans: Top Gear auditions to seek co-hosts

Independent:

George Osborne makes Prime Minister's Questions debut

Times:

Labour leadership hopefuls in live TV clash

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Home Secretary should know better than to have illegal knife shoes :v:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

is that corbyn as the stig

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

V. Illych L. posted:

is that corbyn as the stig

Apparently he's very self-effacing and opposed to personality politics, but I figure that's no excuse for dodging a caricature.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Yeah, I would have made a crack about not knowing how to draw Corbyn but Adams did a decent one on Tuesday.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

I know it's just yet another "a thing happened + Labour are poo poo" effort, but as these things go this one's alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Waterloo and Brexit – Le Monde took the unusual step of publishing its daily editorial in English under the warning: ‘Britain beware, Brexit could be your Waterloo!’" After Sir T Lawrence.

Telegraph:

Earlier end to subsidies for new UK onshore wind farms

Independent:

Times:

Greece crisis: Emergency summit called for Monday

• Locked thread