Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Chibi-Robo honestly seems like it has a decent shot.

It's had just as many games as the Star Fox series. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope Kirby gets added I voted for Kirby

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Reiley posted:

Typical Aston, polluting fine threads with baseless nonsense...... shaking my drat head over here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I hope Kirby gets added I voted for Kirby
This is a cool guy.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

IT would be really cool to have a rhythm heaven character who had any kind of rhythmic attacks.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mabels big day posted:

IT would be really cool to have a rhythm heaven character who had any kind of rhythmic attacks.

sounds like finger puzzles to me

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i hope Pichu comes back to the smash brothers

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

sounds like finger puzzles to me

They do indeed sound like finger puzzles.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

read my posts imo

Done.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I apologize

absolutely anything posted:

i hope Pichu comes back to the smash brothers

we stand at opposite ends of this war my friend

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Ruggington posted:

we stand at opposite ends of this war my friend

he tries hard and continues to fight even though the very act hurts him. in a way he is the strongest character the series has ever had

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
All the DLC characters so far save Ryu have been past entrants, there's little reason to believe anyone from a past game (RIP Ice Climbers and Pokémon Trainer) won't be offered up at some point.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i want Squirtle back please

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Cyron posted:

isn't that what PM kind of is already?

Nah, PM is more like Brawl.5 or Melee.5 or whatever.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Zonekeeper posted:

I know wanting K. Rool is a thing here and all, but why is anyone under the impression Nintendo gives a poo poo? The Kremlings have only appeared in Rare developed games and despite reviving the DKC series they don't even make a cameo appearance. Why does everyone seem to think he's a shoe-in for Smash?

The Kremlings appeared in the Wii version of Mario Baseball, so they aren't completely forgotten.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
K. Rool is dead and I am glad

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Macaluso posted:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I think Wolf is going to be a given, they wouldn't readd Roy and Lucas and not him, he's a fan-favorite, he'd be equal work to the others, and there's a new Star Fox game this year they can tie him into.

I think that, given that when the Mewtwo DLC came out there were two empty character slots added along with the three we got Sunday, they had two more planned characters they're gonna do before the DLC ballots, or two more set-in-stone "we're going to do this for sure" characters they just haven't started work on. Wolf is a lock I think, the Ice Climbers are a 50/50. Also if there's two that means one announcement for EVO and one announcement for CEO.

I'm gonna guess we'll get Wolf and someone else in August, something in October to coincide with the poll ending, and then the ballot characters sometime next year.

If you want my guesses as for characters they'd do regardless of poll results: Isaac, a Rhythm Heaven guy, some sort of bizarre Style Savvy character, some NES Sports guy. These aren't joke suggestions I am dead serious.

King K. Rool is likely the top of the poll results but I don't think they will include a character solely based on the highest number of votes. I do think the chances of him being added are very high, but there's room for doubt.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

But he's not? He's just a mercenary like Fox is, he just gets paid by Andross who is the true scourge.

If you take your money from Space Hitler you are not a good person

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

mamelon posted:

Whoever in the thread said Earthworm Jim, drat that would be fun. Lotsa cool/kooky environments and assets that would gel nicely with Smash style.

-Stage recovery by head-whip
-assist trophy is that jekyll and hyde dog
-cow launcher final smash

He does have the credentials already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N5lK9QWJn8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-LocvUT-Ms

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Macaluso posted:

unacceptable trolling in the smash thread

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

nerdbot posted:

King K. Rool is likely the top of the poll results but I don't think they will include a character solely based on the highest number of votes. I do think the chances of him being added are very high, but there's room for doubt.

why the gently caress would king k. rool be at the top of the poll results

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

g0lbez posted:

neogaf posters

I'm Team Cranky Kong

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

g0lbez posted:

He's the main villain from a much beloved and very popular series of games

Is this hard for people to comprehend or something

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Less heroes, more villains

No more heroes

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

nerdbot posted:

If you want my guesses as for characters they'd do regardless of poll results: Isaac

Stopped reading here.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

No more heroes

they should put in a villain that doesn't look like complete dog poo poo

like wolf

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
there's a very high chance that the polls will be topped out by wart or possibly the ghost witch from pacman 2

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

actually, i have won the smash bros ballot and will be the new dlc character,.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Raserys posted:

Stopped reading here.
Why would you not want Isaac, the charismatic hero of the blockbuster Golden Sun series. They could give him a voice just like Ness and he could yell "Psynergy Push!" and "Psynergy Grab!" and he could roll the Villager's tree on the ground to solve puzzles.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

absolutely anything posted:

actually, i have won the smash bros ballot and will be the new dlc character,.

Greetings, Pink Gold Peach.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

No more heroes
I agree, Travis Touchdown would be good in Smash.

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
Isaac will be in the game and his gimmick will be typing in a 100 character password around the halfway point of every match.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Best Girl posted:

I agree, Travis Touchdown would be good in Smash.

I have a mii fighter of Travis but he has to be a brawler instead of a sword guy because mii customization sucks

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Earthworm Jim was a cool pick, heh, back before Doug TenNapel's weird personality outbursts.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Raserys posted:

Stopped reading here.

His game sold a lot of copies :shrug:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They might add K Rool after the ballots are counted, but Sakurai's going to make a weird scrunched up confused face the entire time he works on the character, shaking his head occasionally.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

nerdbot posted:

I'm Team Cranky Kong

I hope Cranky Kong gets in.

As a clone for Scrooge McDuck that is.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

After they count all the ballots, the next Direct will open with Sakurai burning an effigy of K. Rool made of the votes and explaining in a very calm and collected manner that everyone had voted incorrectly and that this is why democracy is a great blight on the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

TheKingofSprings posted:

He's the main villain from a much beloved and very popular series of games
with possibly the worst design of any villain in a popular nintendo game

• Locked thread