Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

If I had entertained you Strong Mouse, then I am glad you enjoyed them. I had wanted to stay in the background mostly to avoid doing something that would aggravate my fellow Tribemates. Besides it had seemed like the writing had been on the wall that garth had the biggest alliance at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Testing to see if Dogg's post shows up

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well here it is. Forums trying to eat it but I found it:

DoggPickle posted:

Everyone! How far did you think you would get in this game? Did you ever think that you could/would make it this far?

I'm frankly shocked, but also I KNOW that I'm not a goat and I did a LOT of work to get here. Like 2-3 hours a day (not counting challenges and tribals), with some days off.

And the most important question: Did you all have fun?

50 percent fun! 50% stress! It was cool to meet people though!!

General comments:
DoggPickle - We didn't really talk at all, and a lot of times I found how you posted to be really annoying, but I think that you were a fairly good competitor throughout this competition.

I'm sorry you found me annoying. I attempted to talk to you personally but you ignored me. I tailored my talks with every person with regard to how much or how little they like to talk, and what they like to talk about/ random stuff/ short term strategy/ long term events. You never gave me the chance, but I appreciate the compliment after you called me the weakest link at the one challenge hahahahaha

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Hey everybody, grats on getting to the final 3. Pls answer my very important questions.

MMM:
gently caress, Marry, Kill - Adus, Max Peck, Fast Luck and why? Answer in the form of a video for bonus points.

Doggpickle
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

AnonymousIdiot
What is your favorite meal to cook and provide a recipe.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Doggpickle
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

The square root of a medium-sized tree. Occam's razor.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey Jato!

This video might not have processed yet, but when it does it will be here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuvm1Jp8qfo

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I would recommend a Red Velvet cake recipe; chocolatey and decadent.

Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.

Get 5 ¼ ounces of AP flour and 4 ounces of Cake Flour with ½ an ounce of cocoa powder, a teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of salt, and mix it all together.

In a large bowl you combine a tablespoon of white vinegar, half and ounce of beet juice, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, a cup of buttermilk, and a half ounce of red food coloring. mix it all up until it’s one red viscous liquid.

Finally in a mixer you combine 8 ounces of butter with 10 ½ ounces of brown sugar. As they mix, add two eggs, one at a time. You can also add molasses for extra flavor. Stir until the mixture takes on a smooth buttery texture.

Add the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate stages in the mixture; dry first then wet, then dry again, until it’s all mixed up.

Grease two cake pans, and fill them with the cake batter and bake for about 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and wait for fifteen minutes to cool.

In another mixing bowl mix 12 ounces of cream cheese with 8 ounces of butter and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. When that is fully incorporated, add 13 ½ ounces of powdered sugar in small amounts until it’s all fully mixed together. You need to add the powdered sugar in small amounts so that way they don’t fly off any which way.

With the frosting done and the cakes finished baking, simply apply the frosting on the cakes, stacking them up with frosting before coating it with cream cheese frosting.

I would also recommend some cinnamon and ice cream if you are planning to make the cake yourself. :)

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Congratulations you guys! Good luck to you all!

Doggpickle
Do you feel that your promise to me was made in good faith? If so, why did you break it? If not, why does it matter that you stuck to the wording of the promise?

MMM Whatchya Say
What is your proudest moment in the game?

AnAnonymousIdiot
In the spirit of your previous tribal councils, what figure would you compare each of the final 3 to?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

garthoneeye posted:

MMM Whatchya Say
What is your proudest moment in the game?

I want to cheat and list a bunch of moments but I'll spare you a bit here.

It is very hard not to feel extremely giddy and proud after a challenge victory, but I think that's the very reason my proudest moment came after losing a challenge. When I lost the endurance challenge I felt down, really down. But after ruminating a little bit, I got back up and continued to push forward with confidence and optimism. I didn't let challenges and setbacks keep me down even when things were looking grim. If I didn't keep up that attitude I might not be here, but even if I was voted out I would have been proud that I went down swinging.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Doggpickle
Do you feel that your promise to me was made in good faith? If so, why did you break it? If not, why does it matter that you stuck to the wording of the promise?

I don't completely understand your question because you're saying that I broke my promise but also that I stuck to it at the same time. I made a very specific deal. Don't vote for me, and I won't vote for you. I kept my word, even though it took a HUGE amount of effort to oust you without voting you out myself. It came down to a point where sticking with you and Chic was not in my best interest because I felt like the bottom of that alliance, whereas going with Imgay and AnonI who were sort of a pair but still individual actors, and MMM was my first ally., was a MUCH better way for me to get to the end. I know that some people may find my very specific deals a bit off-putting, but I worked very hard to make sure that I kept my word. I expected the Jury here to respect game-play over emotion, and particularly you. I made the absolute least amount of lies or even partial truths that allowed me to get here, but I did not break my word. I had to get rid of some power players. Sorry it had to be you first. It was my only chance to accomplish it with the exact number of players.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I would say that MMM was Tokugawa in spirit of his legendary endurance; while I and Dogg Pickle had survived by our long-term friendship with imgay MMM had survived because he had been in a situation where he would have been voted out if he hadn’t won.

Dogg was Nobunaga as she had my and imgay’s friendship and would have voted with her if she said so. By the time it had come down to six, she no longer had to worry about swing votes.

I want to say that I was Toyotomi Hideyoshi because I had relied on my alliance and had orchestrated the witch hunt that led to all the idols being used up or voted out. And afterwards I agreed to help you and Dogg with defanging MMM of allies.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Just a little bit further to go, ya'll. Make it count.

Doggpickle

In five sentences or less, explain your personal philosophy re: the value of a promise.

MMM

Do you feel like you could've done anything better, over the course of the game? Or are you happy with the way everything turned out?

AnonymousIdiot

Do you feel like your cryptic tribal statements may have hurt perception of you re: the jurors, now that you're in FTC?

A Bonus For All

Tell me your favorite music-related joke. It does not have to have anything to do with trombones, although that is appreciated.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Doggpickle

In five sentences or less, explain your personal philosophy re: the value of a promise.

I know I'm not getting your vote no matter what. I take great pride in the fact that I kept all of my very specific promises. If further promises were inferred, I feel no obligation to respect those inferences. I think YOUR idea of honesty is a bit self-centered, since you were the worst outright liar in the entire game. Finally, and the most important point, this is a GAME.

A Bonus For All

Tell me your favorite music-related joke. It does not have to have anything to do with trombones, although that is appreciated.

Tulips on my organ. Gotta go with the classics.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I’d say that it was a mistake here, but it was what brought me to Tribal Council. As loony as they were I had wanted to express my opinion on where people were in this game and what my feelings were. I’m glad that nobody had paid attention to how I may have had a good friend in Dogg Pickle that held up all this time. If I had called garth out as Nobunaga then I would’ve been next on the chopping block. If I had acknowledged the alliance between you and Chic as Qin - short lived fate and all - that I would’ve been in danger. If I named MMM as Tokugawa, then I would be shooting myself in the foot.

It is here where I get to give context to my posts.

On another tangent, Why did JS Bach have so many Children?

Because there were no organ stops.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Chic Trombone posted:

MMM

Do you feel like you could've done anything better, over the course of the game? Or are you happy with the way everything turned out?

The answer to these two questions is yes. There are many things I think I could have done better. I could have done a better job with spelling and grammar for instance. For real though I was constantly analyzing my game looking for things I could improve upon. Even areas that I did very well in (like challenges) I could have made improvements. I mentioned this before in Anarc's question but my biggest improvement could have come in reading the situation after the merge.

That said, I am happy with the way things turned out. I made it to the end and I think I played a great game. I think an important thing in games like this is to not get greedy, searching for that elusive white whale of a perfect game will only bum you out. I think that's what happened in moby dick.

Chic Trombone posted:

A Bonus For All

Unfortunately my musical joke knowledge is severely lacking so I will redirect you to the vote I made when you were sent home, which was lovingly crafted just for you.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Chic Trombone posted:

MMM

The answer to these two questions is yes. There are many things I think I could have done better. I could have done a better job with spelling and grammar for instance. For real though I was constantly analyzing my game looking for things I could improve upon. Even areas that I did very well in (like challenges) I could have made improvements. I mentioned this before in Anarc's question but my biggest improvement could have come in reading the situation after the merge.

That said, I am happy with the way things turned out. I made it to the end and I think I played a great game. I think an important thing in games like this is to not get greedy, searching for that elusive white whale of a perfect game will only bum you out. I think that's what happened in moby dick.

Chic Trombone posted:

A Bonus For All

Unfortunately my musical joke knowledge is severely lacking so I will redirect you to the vote I made when you were sent home, which was lovingly crafted just for you.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Forums are acting up tonight, first with Dogg and now with MMM's double post. Don't worry about it guys.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Question for all players:

Which of the buddies from the film Spacebuddies do you akin yourself most too? Answer has to be a buddy, Sputnik is not an acceptable answer.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I would be Buddha because he has the good sense to take a souvenir back home, tends to be the smart guy in the bunch, and to be honest I have a thing for the Buddha in general.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
B-Dawg????

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

imgay, thank you for asking the toughest question of the night.

To answer, I'm going to say B-Dawg. I know nothing about this film, but he has the coolest name, and I'm Inferring that he's the cool one. You may not know this, but I'm quite the Cool one myself. With any luck, I've picked the equivalent to either Diddy Kong or Donkey Kong in DK64, two Kongs that Best represent my play. I have nothing else to say/

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Great job, guys.

You now have a final ten minutes to post closing speeches. The jury will then submit their votes. Good luck!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Before I go into closing remarks, I gave lots of folks a fish during the Fallen Comrades segment, but I thought I should give myself one here:

I am of course, a Mudskipper (Oxudercinae)
Mudskippers are a type of fish highly adapted to live where fish were never meant to live: land

Mudskippers defy the odds, spending most of their time out of the water with a number of specialized adaptations including the ability to breathe air, a cavity that can store oxygen rich water, fins that behave more like legs than fins and even googly eyes on the top of their head that can look out in all directions. These guys are prepared! Mudskippers are also very social, spending much of their in large groups, they interact by making gross mudskipper noises probably.

I feel like the mudskipper represents my tenacity, durability and preparation in the world of survivor.

:siren: Actual closing remarks :siren:

So there it is. I think I've shown the strengths and merits of my game. I think Doggpickle played a very good game as well. She did take a couple of shots toward me implying she had a better control and knowledge of the situations than I did and I want to address that a bit. This might be true to some extent, but I don't think the point of this game is in the mechanics of understanding all parts of the process, it's actually achieving the results. I achieved the results I wanted.

I think a large divide between our arguments on social gameplay is the presentation of the process of something versus the results. Dogg was very concerned with making technical arguments and allowing somebody to get voted by not actually voting for them, see garth and imgay. The results though are the same as if she had voted for them, the only thing that was different was the process. That's what I care about, results.

Perhaps she doesn't fully recognize the influence I had on various people's votes, or perhaps I am overestimating it. What I know is that I ultimately got the things I wanted out of our relationship. She had secrets from me that weren't relevant to the endgame and that doesn't really bother me. I had secrets I kept from her as well. An alliance between two players is rarely ever a one way street. The two of us absolutely impacted each others game in a thousand tiny ways we couldn't count. I mean, Dogg valued my relationship with her more than she valued her relationship with garth or chic, I'm not sure what that is if not social ability. But hey, if she did exactly the things I wanted without me impacting her decision at all, that might reflect more poorly on her game than mine.

I may have played this game a bit closely to the chest, but it wasn't incidental I only received one vote to be eliminated despite being a huge target for the whole game.

Anyway, if everything else has failed to convince you, perhaps this will change your mind.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I have enjoyed this game and the turns it has taken. I believe I have played the game well by adapting the balance of power between MMM, garth, and imgay with little regrets. While I have wavered and said strange things I still pressed onward to the end. I did not win any immunity challenges but I was out of sight and out of mind until the end. Many of you here have played well and it had been the most memorable game of Survivor so far.

Afterwords, I would like to play Cards Against Humanity or BGO with y’all to put this game to rest.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Basically I am really proud of what I accomplished. The same things that were "lucky" - like choosing just the right allies in the first couple days, and being swapped to a tribe where we were the majority, were also unlucky things in the end, because I had to spend the most time with the people that had to be voted off - whereas whatever happened on the other swapped tribe between MMM and the others, happened before those people could be on the jury.

I refuse to downplay my 3 immunity wins. I literally got MMM and Imgay to cut each other's throats instead of getting me out. And neither of them knew that I had alliances with the other. I am a huge fan of Survivor. I knew that the auction item that was 3rd plus important enough to ask for a 50/50 swap, was most likely the immunity idol. I did't just get it, but I got it for $9 so I was still able to buy letters from home and bid on everything else remaining. My win during the final immunity was pretty pedantic and lackluster, but I could have kept that up for hours and never messed up.

I got rid of three idols in one shot. I voted out two smart and important players without actually placing a vote on them. I only received one vote in the entire game, and I didn't need to let that happen.

I think my biggest failure was being too much of a Survivor fan and simpy assuming that everything anyone said was a lie, until I had verified it independently. Yet nobody really lied at ALL. They just handed out information willy-nilly and I was confused. I am kind of shocked that I'm the big baddy here when I basically lied TWICE, and the worst outright lie I ever made was "Okay, Ill do that". Even with Imgay. I thought for like 24 hours.. what am I going to say when Imgay comes to me and asks to vote for MMM? Then when he did, this could be slightly off, I said "DUDE are you kidding? I would never vote for you. You know I take that poo poo seriously"

My game depends entirely on the way the Jury views the game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Thank you to all the jurors for your time this evening, and thanks to the final three for making the long journey to the end.

All votes have been received. I will now tally the votes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

No jungle jeff 2/10

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Remember these votes are for the winner of this game. Tonight, you want to see your name written down.

The first vote...

MMM

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Second vote:

MMM.

MMM now has two votes. With a jury of seven, four votes will clinch it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Third vote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAg47g6l5WQ

It's another vote for MMM. That's three votes for MMM.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fourth vote:

AnAnonymousIdiot. Idiot has one vote, MMM has three.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The final three votes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYIb-acZwk4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBI3lc18k8Q

MMM, congratulations! You have won Awful Survivor: You Look Like poo poo!!!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:toot:

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I want to be THE FIRST PERSON TO CONGRATULATE MMM

CONGRATULATIONS MMM

I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT

edit: GET OUTTA HERE MET

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Who looks like poo poo? It's me!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Congrats MMM!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Adus posted:

I want to be THE FIRST PERSON TO CONGRATULATE MMM

CONGRATULATIONS MMM

I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT

hahaha

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

yay

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
YAYYY I'M SO PROUD OF YOU BUDDY <3 You totally deserved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Congratulations MMM!

• Locked thread