Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Yeah I already tried cleaning them with a little bit of peroxide and q-tips.

blasting them with water works 1000000x better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
This Happy Valley documentary on Netflix about Penn State is pretty good. Rekindled my hatred of Penn State students though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

This Happy Valley documentary on Netflix about Penn State is pretty good. Rekindled my hatred of Penn State students though.

I saw that tonight too. People seemed pretty keen on sucking JoePa's dick.

PA worst state. Still haven't broken my vow to never go back.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I saw that tonight too. People seemed pretty keen on sucking JoePa's dick.

PA worst state. Still haven't broken my vow to never go back.

nj is forever the worst state but pa can be top 3 if you want

i loving hate driving through pa

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
How bad are the mosquitoes in Alaska? I heard that they'll completely cover your skin and give you 11+ asian diseases in 4 seconds flat

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Honestly, if you're doing tax enforcement in Alaska, mosquitoes are the least of your problems.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
If it's anything like Manitoba there will be actual clouds of them. My tent was black around the vents because it was covered in so many Mosquitos. You will have 5-10 on you at all times.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Reign Of Pain posted:

How bad are the mosquitoes in Alaska? I heard that they'll completely cover your skin and give you 11+ asian diseases in 4 seconds flat

If you have seen the new Jurassic Park... It's like the pterodactyl scene.

But no worries because:

Dead Reckoning posted:

Honestly, if you're doing tax enforcement in Alaska, mosquitoes are the least of your problems.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I was just thinking about visiting but not so much now

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Reign Of Pain posted:

Out on a camping trip, I slapped my brother's back. I counted 53 squashed mosquitos on my hand.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Reign Of Pain posted:

I was just thinking about visiting but not so much now

Don't let them sway you. They're not that big of a deal. I mean, the density of mosquito swarms makes for a very nice contrast-y black blob, which aids in avoidance.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Two Finger posted:

never tried doing it in a skillet. my brother gave me a pizza stone for christmas last year so no need either

Can't make deep dish on a pizza stone.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Don't let them sway you. They're not that big of a deal. I mean, the density of mosquito swarms makes for a very nice contrast-y black blob, which aids in avoidance.

I honestly never had a problem with mosquitos/bugs in general, but that's probably because the vast majority of my outdoor fun in AK was either very near the ocean when it was cool (no bugs) or up in the mountains (no bugs). If you're outside those two environments, yeah they can get pretty bad but it's not like it's just a massive continuous cloud of mosquitos where you do nothing but breathe bugs for an hour straight or something.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

iyaayas01 posted:

Can't make deep dish on a pizza stone.

im not seeing a downside

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im not seeing a downside

You want good deep dish if you're ever in Chicago? Pequod's Pizza.

You see that charred crust? That's caramelized mozzarella cheese.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqSizC-T-4

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

lmbo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I like NY style pizza too. I dunno.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
New York's is better pizza. This isn't even a contest. The only people who bring up the topic are people from Chicago.

e: Now I really want some pizza. Gonna hit up Nino's tomorrow, gonna get some sweet fuckin' real pizza.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jun 19, 2015

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Is there not enough room in our cold, clogged hearts for both NY and Chicago style pizza?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Is there not enough room in our cold, clogged hearts for both NY and Chicago style pizza?
No.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Deep dish has its time and place. It's not often, but it does. I'll take a good thin crust any day, though. That Sbarros greasy, sloppy slice? Hell yea.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Sometimes I just really want a Dominos pan pizza with pepperoni, you know?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sometimes a man wants a casserole that tastes like pizza. And when those times come, Chicago-style is there for you.

Goddamn, Pequod's is some good poo poo.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

holy loving poo poo dude straight up raped her because she was drunk and because she didn't want to ruin his career she took the hit for consensual sex :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
After all this pizza talk I was starting to crave some. Serendipitously, my wife shouted up that she was going to make a pizza from scratch since she was hungry. I went down just in time to watch her take it out of the oven and proceed to immediately drop it topside down on to the floor.

Now my dogs are super happy since they got to lick up some sauce and fortunately she had enough dough to throw together another one.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Delizin posted:

After all this pizza talk I was starting to crave some. Serendipitously, my wife shouted up that she was going to make a pizza from scratch since she was hungry. I went down just in time to watch her take it out of the oven and proceed to immediately drop it topside down on to the floor.

Now my dogs are super happy since they got to lick up some sauce and fortunately she had enough dough to throw together another one.

Good dog.

Your dogges sound cool too.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Good dog.

Your dogges sound cool too.

wife bad for dropping pizza though

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Reign Of Pain posted:

I was in Fairbanks for a few years and they are awful. In the built up areas they aren't too bad, but if you're anywhere near some trees they will be on you and in you unless your clothes and skin are doused in bug spray. If you're deep enough into the woods you'll want a head net and your clothes treated with deet or whatever the equivalent is that won't give you cancer.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Anyone else had Detroit-style pizza? There's this food truck in Austin that makes the greatest pizza I've ever had. Via 313. It's like deep dish pizza, but instead of tons of sauce, its nice fluffy bread. And cooked in a pan, so it gets all crispy on the bottom and sides.

blue squares fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jun 19, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Yeah there's a chain in the Detroit area called Buddy's that bakes it with big chunks of garlic in the crust. Super good.

Also in before a bunch of low-effort, wet-fart Detroit jokes.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The only good thing to come out of Pennsylvania is It's Always Sunny

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

The only good thing to come out of Pennsylvania is It's Always Sunny

Hey now there was also:
- Benjamin Franklin
- Joe Biden
- The Office

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hey now there was also:
- Benjamin Franklin
- Joe Biden
- The Office

Can't believe I forgot the first two, but the Office never did anything for me. But I forgot the best NFL fan to ever live, eatdatpussy445 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbm9QWFHEBE

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

That would require Chicago style to qualify as pizza first.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

:vince:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Next, let's discuss the merits of chili and what does and doesn't get to be called chili!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Even if it isn't pizza, it's easily the best cassarole

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

RichieHimself posted:

I was in Fairbanks for a few years and they are awful. In the built up areas they aren't too bad, but if you're anywhere near some trees they will be on you and in you unless your clothes and skin are doused in bug spray. If you're deep enough into the woods you'll want a head net and your clothes treated with deet or whatever the equivalent is that won't give you cancer.

I remember down at Ft. Rich that even 100% DEET was just a mild irritant to them, and we still had to wipe swarms of them off of ourselves. Meanwhile we saw that DEET melting the writing off of our MRE pouches and that didn't make us feel any better about having it on our skin.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Melts the stocks on Steyr AUGs as well, if you leave it on there long enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Oh no not my AUG :ohdear:

• Locked thread