Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
It just might work. Good luck Matt.

beep by grandpa posted:

I was able to do it twice in a row when I played through the mission. It seems to just happen on its own when you interact with the door and try to move forward through it :laugh:

Edit: both MDC, myself and Matt were/are playing the xbox 360 version too so the odds are the magic door bug would happen to Matt too, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Regarding the Shattered Memories playthrough: "Trade your daughter for more time on the phone" is loving hilarious and Liam's delivery of the line was completely perfect.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

wait didnt matt and pat do this game already or is it some other identical silent hill game

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?

TheRealestMatt posted:

Holy poo poo, lol

Any idea what triggers it? Random?

As far as I could tell when I played the game (On PC if it matters), simply opening that door triggers it. It might actually be impossible to avoid, but I didn't test it out enough to say for certain.

You can accidentally "correct" Jake if you run the wrong way after it happens, though. Unfortunately, I forget which way that is. I'm probably going to download the game again to experiment some more, because I honestly can't get enough of this horrible piece of poo poo game.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Indecisive posted:

wait didnt matt and pat do this game already or is it some other identical silent hill game

It was the second ever Best Friends video, back when Matt and Pat didn't have names, Woolie was only known as that guy who turned down a threesome for MVC3, and Liam hadn't been born yet.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Matt, can you confirm or deny a eventual Yoshi's Wooly World LP that's just you and Woolie, like 2BFP was originally intended to be?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope Reggie's weird outburst is on the docket for the next podcast, even if it's just defending him because man it says a lot about nintendo as a whole.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I hope Reggie's weird outburst is on the docket for the next podcast, even if it's just defending him because man it says a lot about nintendo as a whole.

The what now?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Andrast posted:

The what now?

From what I've heard Iwata went on twitter to apologize about underwhelming people with the direct and promised that they'll do better next year. Someone asked Reggie if he was sorry and he had a small outburst about how no, he's not sorry and went on to say that "everyone panned splatoon last year and now you love it so you're all going to love Federation Force anyway." (Or along those lines)

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

From what I've heard Iwata went on twitter to apologize about underwhelming people with the direct and promised that they'll do better next year. Someone asked Reggie if he was sorry and he had a small outburst about how no, he's not sorry and went on to say that "everyone panned splatoon last year and now you love it so you're all going to love Federation Force anyway." (Or along those lines)

I didn't think the direct was that bad, was the reaction really that negative? They didn't show as much new stuff as in previous years but they have so much cool poo poo on the way I figured it wouldn't have been THAT big a deal.

The only reason Splatoon was panned last year was because the segment went on too long and nobody had faith in Nintendo to create an online multiplayer shooter. That Metroid poo poo is just a loving travesty. Who thought making a follow-up to Prime Hunters was a good idea?

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
It was bad in the sense that Nintendo had a poo poo ton of filler. Coming right out the gate with star fox and not having a legit demo of the new Zelda game really blunted their momentum, then just a bunch of fluff. I thought it was fine but I can definitely understand why some folks wouldn't be happy.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, his comments weren't an outburst just a response or "re-framing" of what Nintendo is offering this year in his Business-man talk. it wasn't emotional in any sense.

also to be honest there's no way they could supply anything more interesting than Starfox, The WiiU is on its last legs and it would be pointless to deliver a heavy hitter on that console, the best thing they could do is focus all their development energy for the NX and have a kickass launch for that.I'm even willing to bet that the delay of the new Zelda wasn't just "we're exploring new features" but rather a "we're adding this to the NX lineup" as well. I just really hope that whatever comes next will be backwards compatable since holy poo poo do I want to play starfox. I suspected that we were going into a slow year for Nintendo and I was right, next E3 is going to be the really interesting one.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 19, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's no way way Zelda is being delayed 4 years just to be a launch title for a a system they're not even starting conversations on until next year.

The other problem with the direct is that they have their treehouse muti-day event, which shows a ton of games from fatal frame, fire emblem fates, bravely second, the Indy games, etc.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Tae posted:

There's no way way Zelda is being delayed 4 years just to be a launch title for a a system they're not even starting conversations on until next year.

I'm going to bet you that the NX will launch fall of 2017.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Silentman0 posted:

I had only seen Voidburger's LP of this before, and she was super critical of it and the tiger in space. It'll be cool to see SBF's take on it, especially with Pat's thing with psychology.

Yeh, I was thinking the same thing. It's interesting how many things she explicitly decried as being crap that the Best Friends held up as being great. Super interested to see where the playthrough goes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Liam is on god-drat fire in the first Shattered Memories video.

"Trade your daughter for more time on the phone" and "If I stare at this long enough, will all the enemies look like him?" both loving ruined me. Any of their "Trade <x> for more time on the <y>" references crack me up way more than they should.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jun 19, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

TriffTshngo posted:

I didn't think the direct was that bad, was the reaction really that negative? They didn't show as much new stuff as in previous years but they have so much cool poo poo on the way I figured it wouldn't have been THAT big a deal.

The internet tends to blow things out of proportion, and that's exactly what happened here. People are mad because NINTENDO LET THEM DOWN AND HAD A HORRIBLE E3, and nearly every major gaming news website has done an article talking about how disappointing Nintendo's digital event was. They've forgotten that Nintendo doesn't do traditional E3 anymore, and they still had the Treehouse event and they did the Direct Mini last week where they showed off a ton of cool stuff.

I mean, gently caress, most of Sony and Microsoft's big announcements were things that aren't even happening until next year. At least most of what Nintendo showed off are things that are playable this year. Between Star Fox, Mario Maker, Fatal Frame, and Yoshi's Woolly World, I'd say the Wii U is going to have a drat solid holiday this year.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Shattered Memories is a bad video game but it had a lot of neat ideas that you don't see very often. I look forward to the series playing out.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Al-Saqr posted:

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, his comments weren't an outburst just a response or "re-framing" of what Nintendo is offering this year in his Business-man talk. it wasn't emotional in any sense.

also to be honest there's no way they could supply anything more interesting than Starfox, The WiiU is on its last legs and it would be pointless to deliver a heavy hitter on that console, the best thing they could do is focus all their development energy for the NX and have a kickass launch for that.I'm even willing to bet that the delay of the new Zelda wasn't just "we're exploring new features" but rather a "we're adding this to the NX lineup" as well. I just really hope that whatever comes next will be backwards compatable since holy poo poo do I want to play starfox. I suspected that we were going into a slow year for Nintendo and I was right, next E3 is going to be the really interesting one.

The statement itself about not being sorry I can understand. It was underwhelming honestly but it wasn't bad. The reason I find the statement interesting though is the part where it almost comes off (to me) as "we know what you want, you're going to buy it anyway" which is hilariously dickish. I just think it would be a good conversation point- especially considering the fact Splatoon wasn't critically panned, Codename STEAM was and uh... look how THAT turned out.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

also to be honest there's no way they could supply anything more interesting than Starfox

Paper Jam is way more interesting than Starfox.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

Holy poo poo, lol

Any idea what triggers it? Random?

I hope that clip deemed the dlc worth buying!

Also any info on signings at Toomanygames yet? I'd love to have you sign my Face/Off bluray next week :getin:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wait, I thought Cheryl's VA in Shattered Memories wasn't actually known?
Honestly whoever it is, they sure got mileage out of the "I love my daddy!" clip.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

There's a setting to make the phone messages play through your sound system instead of the Wiimote, right?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Nintendo's conference just had a slow meandering flow, it was missing a few key games, and things were just in a weird order. Of course having to go on after Sony, they kinda would have been screwed either way.

Here's a very easy way to have made the conference a whole lot better.

Start with puppets and Star Fox. But the Star Fox trailer was kinda odd, it was missing alot of voice overs, and cutscenes. Not exactly the most excitingly edited trailer. Dump the Miyamoto talking about fox shrines, or at least cut it down.

The Skylanders Amiibo announcement was set up like it was going to be a big huge announcement epic game thing. Reggie hyped it up WAY too much. All It should been was a trailer for Skylanders, then at the very end it show Donkey Kong and Bowser were playable. That's it. Move on.

Show the Fatal Frame V english trailer.

Cut down the Super Mario Maker trailers/segments ALOT. Just show a new trailer, the amiibo support, move on.

Show a new Devil's Third trailer. It's weirdly absent from E3.

Cut down the woman talking about Yoshi's Wooly World and Yarn. Just cut it out. We had the exact same presentation last year. It was fine then, but why a second time? Just show the trailer, then the release date. Next game.

Zelda Tri Force Heroes presentation was fine.

Mario Bros Paper Jam, fine.

After they show the Federation Force trailer and Metroid Blast Ball trailer. Cut to an interview with the Japanese Metroid Prime producer, and have him talk about the game, but then he mention his new idea for Metroid Prime 4, the time evolving mechanic, and say how he wants to make it for the NX. He said this to everyone at E3 post digital event. Why not have him say it then? A woman talked about Yarn for 8 minutes. Would have definitely helped to quell down the crying babies.

Show Shi'nen's Fast Racing Neo. That game looks amazing, and if Nintendo presented it, it would have taken the sting away of the realization of another year with no F-Zero.

Cut the drat dancing people out of the show, or truncate it to like 15 seconds.

Instead of wasting it on the useless Smash event. Showing the new DLC trailer for Smash, and cutting to Ryu AVAILABLE NOW. Would have been a hype loving moment. A MUCH better way to have ended the show.

I think if these changes were made, this would have been a pretty good presentation. Not amazing like last year, but it's hard to top that.

Still butt-hurt there's no new Punch-Out, Eternal Darkness, or whatever Retro is making.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I had hopes for a surprise Megaman, what with the whole "hey, let's revive and confirm ALL OF THE OLDEN RUMORS" from Sony's conference. Alas, it is not to be.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Wiseblood posted:

There's a setting to make the phone messages play through your sound system instead of the Wiimote, right?

If they go to the pause options menu (not the phone options) during game play there is a tv audio setting for that. I hope they find it eventually.

edit: Liam in the reddit thread says it's too late :negative:

VVV Oh! When Liam said it was too late I thought you guys had recoded the whole playthrough already, cool beans! VVV

Buckets fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 19, 2015

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

i remember mentioning it to the guys that we change that...but I also remember it being sandbagged. I'll insist the next session.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Matt it is heretical to suggest any cutting of Miyamoto talking about game design.

That said God drat it Nintendo just sell us a book of those old SMB design documents with commentary from Miyamoto.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I agree with cutting out the Yoshi's world lady, but Miyamoto is always fascinating to listen to and the fact that the fox shrine inspired star fox is super interesting.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Too Many Games autograph signing!

4 - 5 pm on Saturday!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Ride to hell is a perfect vehicle for matt & patt to yuck it up and talk about inane poo poo

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Liam still on fire in Shattered Memories Pt 2.

"I was gonna write SPOUSAL ABUSE but I ran out of room."

"I love the deer heads. Perfect for practicing RKOs."

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 19, 2015

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

Too Many Games autograph signing!

4 - 5 pm on Saturday!

Kickass! Wicked!

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Liam still on fire in Shattered Memories Pt 2.

2015 is a Year of Liam.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Pat really showing off his degree in this one :v:

Also saving photos to your phone can corrupt your save file, so watch out for that.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
"Raw Shock" is a pun on "Rorschach," as in the inkblot test.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Man the door opening animation in Shattered Memories is unnerving, I know there's gotta be a jump scare or seven involving it, or there won't be which is probably worse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So Igurashi said in an interview that he went everywhere else for bloodstained before he finally met his financial backer...which is apparently Deep Silver.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

But the Star Fox trailer was kinda odd, it was missing alot of voice overs, and cutscenes.

Yeah, this is kind of a concern - the level of campyness in Star Fox voice acting is of vital importance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tae posted:

So Igurashi said in an interview that he went everywhere else for bloodstained before he finally met his financial backer...which is apparently Deep Silver.

It's always Deep Silver otherwise it's Paradox.