Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

8 hours until I can get back on.

I Play, I work, I play again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I downloaded the patch, then bought the expansion and logged back into expecting to just be able to play, but for some reason I need to download another patch that was about the same size? I can't seem to get anything more than 90-200kb/s too so it'll take all day at this rate.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Amazon :argh:

Are they sending out early access codes separately?

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

Badger of Basra posted:

This. I went to bed hoping issues might've cleared up and codes would be sent, but no such luck. :smith:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Badger of Basra posted:

They realized they hosed up after assuring everyone that asked that they'd send them out. I'm glad I just got it elsewhere and am sitting with 40 bucks in Amazon credit instead, but if you're still sitting on a pre-order from them you're stuck in limbo as they've now charged your account and can no longer cancel and go elsewhere.

Apparently they're manually sending out EA codes now, so lol if you don't have your's yet. Never buy from Amazon for launch.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

From what I can tell, either Yes and no one's gotten them yet or they have completely screwed up and given out only one key, thinking it would work for both but it hasn't for anyone. Either way you'll be waiting.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I'm sure this has come up already, but the thread's naturally moving pretty fast and I don't want to dig it back up: Is it just me or does new Barrage only last for a single move? Is that a bug or is it what "additional effects only apply once" is supposed to mean? (I assumed it referred to DOTs etc.) Because if it's intended that seems like a really big nerf compared to how much extra damage it used to add.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

gently caress my life

Apparently this is a recurring error and there is no fix for it, tried deleting the patch files, tried using a VPN, tried restarting all of my network equipment. :rip:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Opposing Farce posted:

I'm sure this has come up already, but the thread's naturally moving pretty fast and I don't want to dig it back up: Is it just me or does new Barrage only last for a single move? Is that a bug or is it what "additional effects only apply once" is supposed to mean? (I assumed it referred to DOTs etc.) Because if it's intended that seems like a really big nerf compared to how much extra damage it used to add.

It makes your next GCD move hit 3 times. It's technically a nerf but it means it works under minuet now, and 3x Sidewinder is going to be wild.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

queeb posted:

Man I'm really impressed how well the game runs now, crazy how smooth it is.

It looks a lot better, too.

I'm so glad I got a new video card recently. I haven't gone below 45fps in Ishgard and there are scores of players standing around all of the quest NPCs.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Grondoth posted:

From what I can tell, either Yes and no one's gotten them yet or they have completely screwed up and given out only one key, thinking it would work for both but it hasn't for anyone. Either way you'll be waiting.

The early access codes only went out to people who ordered physical copies, and they're in Extreme Damage Control over the digital ones after realizing they hosed up. Considering every time I asked the past few days they just told me to "go get your ea code from square" in more or less words, I happily obliged and cancelled my order.

Strokemouth
Aug 10, 2004
.malapropist.
AST spells sure are sparkly.

:allears:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Minrad posted:

The early access codes only went out to people who ordered physical copies, and they're in Extreme Damage Control over the digital ones after realizing they hosed up. Considering every time I asked the past few days they just told me to "go get your ea code from square" in more or less words, I happily obliged and cancelled my order.

Well I'm locked in with the Expansion they gave me, so... I guess I'll just hope this is all settled by the time I come back from vacation. I am not sitting on hold on the phone before I travel somewhere, that's dumb.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I entered my early access code on Mog Station, but I still don'thave the Heavensward registration code in general.

Mog Station recognizes the early access "Standard - FFXIV: Heavensward - Early Access Windows(R)". but the game wont' let me into Ishgard and Square support doens't open for another 3 hours apparently.

Any thoughts? I feel like this whole process has been entirely too convoluted.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

armoredgorilla posted:

I entered my early access code on Mog Station, but I still don'thave the Heavensward registration code in general.

Mog Station recognizes the early access "Standard - FFXIV: Heavensward - Early Access Windows(R)". but the game wont' let me into Ishgard and Square support doens't open for another 3 hours apparently.

Any thoughts? I feel like this whole process has been entirely too convoluted.

I don't think anyone has the game codes proper yet. Have you taken the first MSQ in the little building in Dragonhead, where 2.55 ended?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Talk to the guard at the gate at steps, hell tell you all the requirements needed to get in.

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007

orange juche posted:

gently caress my life

My download was like this too, resetting Internet Explorer to defaults helped it a bit (since apparently thats what the launcher is based on). You''ll just have to keep an eye on it and restart the client when it stops. :(

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Get hype

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

orange juche posted:

gently caress my life

Apparently this is a recurring error and there is no fix for it, tried deleting the patch files, tried using a VPN, tried restarting all of my network equipment. :rip:

this happens to me every patch, just restart it. it picks up from where it left off.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Anyone run into a DRK tanking with just the shirt/pants from the quest yet?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Anyone run into a DRK tanking with just the shirt/pants from the quest yet?

I healed like this because I was too lazy to hunt down level 30 gear when I had 31 gear ready to go.

Then I got Copperbell as an LLDR :negative:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Currently on minute 5 of a dungeon queue

...We queued as a healer and a tank together.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

There's a call for DPS. Bust out those underleveled blms and drg and machinists for the next few days boys :shepface:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

Currently on minute 5 of a dungeon queue

...We queued as a healer and a tank together.

Apparently they should have swapped the release dates of Machinist and Ninja.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I wish I'd had time to get DRG to 30 so 34 would be easy for my Blood for Blood. Eh, whatever it'll be easy enough anyways I suppose with 100% armory bonus

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

:3:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I really really wish the mog station told you who your recruited friends were. I know I recruited someone waaaay back when, but I have no idea if they're still playing. :(

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
The FC workshop plays the gathering leve music. I'm going to live here from now on.

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

When's the last day I can buy HW and still get the preorder bonus items?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The RoI on FATES seems really bad. They take forever and only give 8-16k xp for a gold as far as I can tell.

Also, Deliverance owns and Wrath doesn't give Parry even though the tooltip on the buff says it should.

EDIT: Actually it looks like Abandon isn't giving a crit bonus either, unless that sort of thing wouldn't show up on the stat screen for some reason.

fadam fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 19, 2015

Booya
Feb 17, 2012
I bought this game from green man and mog station tells me my early access code is invalid. Has anyone else had this issue?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

fadam posted:

The RoI on FATES seems really bad. They take forever and only give 8-16k xp for a gold as far as I can tell.

Also, Deliverance owns and Wrath doesn't give Parry even though the tooltip on the buff says it should.

EDIT: Actually it looks like Abandon isn't giving a crit bonus either, unless that sort of thing wouldn't show up on the stat screen for some reason.

Considering that's a lot more than what they gave I'm not sure why this seems bad to you?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

dreffen posted:

Considering that's a lot more than what they gave I'm not sure why this seems bad to you?

Are you sure about that? I remember FATEs contributing way more, but I guess that was with Armory Buff.

Either way it's a waste of time. You can skip story cutscenes and get ~50k every 5-10 minutes, or you can do a Templeleve and get ~60k slightly slower.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Yeah FATES on your first job were actually kind of slow, they were things you did if your questing took you by them.
Or that stupid gap from 46-49 before Dungeons were worth doing for EXP.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

fadam posted:

Are you sure about that? I remember FATEs contributing way more, but I guess that was with Armory Buff.

Either way it's a waste of time. You can skip story cutscenes and get ~50k every 5-10 minutes, or you can do a Templeleve and get ~60k slightly slower.

if you are skipping the majority of the content to make a number go from 50-60 the most efficient method is to uninstall ff14 and just open the windows calculator

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Minrad posted:

if you are skipping the majority of the content to make a number go from 50-60 the most efficient method is to uninstall ff14 and just open the windows calculator

If the "majority of the content" is a JRPG storyline then lol no thank you.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

fadam posted:

If the "majority of the content" is a JRPG storyline then lol no thank you.

Then why in the gently caress do you even play this game? There are much less storyline oriented MMOs out there. Like I can't even think of a reason for just grinding your rear end off. Even the raids tie into the storyline.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 19, 2015

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

orange juche posted:

Then why in the gently caress do you even play this game?

Because I like killing monsters and raiding with my friends? I don't need a bunch of badly voice acted catpeople telling me about crystals and "warriors of light" to get enjoyment out of this game, sorry if that bothers you.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

fadam posted:

Because I like killing monsters and raiding with my friends? I don't need a bunch of badly voice acted catpeople telling me about crystals and "warriors of light" to get enjoyment out of this game, sorry if that bothers you.

Then why play FFXIV? Arguably WoW gives a better raid experience and you can ignore the gently caress out of the storyline there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

orange juche posted:

Then why play FFXIV? Arguably WoW gives a better raid experience and you can ignore the gently caress out of the storyline there.

Because my friends play this game.

• Locked thread