Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

orange juche posted:

gently caress my life

Apparently this is a recurring error and there is no fix for it, tried deleting the patch files, tried using a VPN, tried restarting all of my network equipment. :rip:

I keep getting this too. Left it overnight to download and it maybe got a gigabyte before erroring out. Left it this morning and it said 520 minutes to go. Which means it'll be finished downloading right about the time I get home assuming no errors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Athenry posted:

I keep getting this too. Left it overnight to download and it maybe got a gigabyte before erroring out. Left it this morning and it said 520 minutes to go. Which means it'll be finished downloading right about the time I get home assuming no errors.

It likes to crash at the same spot your download was at when it crashed last time, you might come home to it being hosed up @ 1 gb again.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

fadam posted:

Are you sure about that? I remember FATEs contributing way more, but I guess that was with Armory Buff.

Either way it's a waste of time. You can skip story cutscenes and get ~50k every 5-10 minutes, or you can do a Templeleve and get ~60k slightly slower.

Armory buff gives 100% which means more now, please shut the gently caress up.

fadam posted:

Because my friends play this game.

You don't have friends don't tell stories.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

orange juche posted:

It likes to crash at the same spot your download was at when it crashed last time, you might come home to it being hosed up @ 1 gb again.

Its been making progress, the amount remaining keeps going down. But yeah, i'm not expecting to play much tonight between that and fighting the queue boss.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

dreffen posted:

Armory buff gives 100% which means more now, please shut the gently caress up.

You don't have friends don't tell stories.

You know you don't get the armory bonus unless you have a character above the one you're leveling right? Why would I be getting the armory bonus?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

fadam posted:

You know you don't get the armory bonus unless you have a character above the one you're leveling right? Why would I be getting the armory bonus?

You were the one who brought up the armory buff you idiot.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

dreffen posted:

You were the one who brought up the armory buff you idiot.

Yeah, to explain why I remembered the % per level a FATE gave being higher when I was leveling other classes. Why are you so upset? Did you design the FATES for Western Coerthas?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

fadam posted:

Yeah, to explain why I remembered the % per level a FATE gave being higher when I was leveling other classes. Why are you so upset? Did you design the FATES for Western Coerthas?

Isn't your posting here impeding your maximum XP/hour right now? Shouldn't you be grinding your rear end off instead of posting?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

orange juche posted:

Isn't your posting here impeding your maximum XP/hour right now? Shouldn't you be grinding your rear end off instead of posting?

Gotta do something between running from quest hub to quest hub.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

fadam posted:

:getout:

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
Dont you loving dare talk poo poo about the good anime in THIS game

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

orange juche posted:

There are much less storyline oriented MMOs out there.

90% of the quests are fetch quests. Storyline Oriented MMO!

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
When you are playing a race that doesn't grunt incessantly like a sex offender every two seconds, MCH is just pure, ridiculous fun. I cannot wait to see what he can do at higher levels.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Oh my god close the thread

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

"Adventurer in Need: DPS"

:stare: Well I guess I'm riding this gravy train, good thing I wanted to play MCH from the get go!

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Booya posted:

I bought this game from green man and mog station tells me my early access code is invalid. Has anyone else had this issue?

I actually got to put mine in and yet it tells me this.

Eh? Do I not own it? Do I own it? The code I got from GMG went in the first time, and successive tries says it's already registered, so I assume it went through.

Booya
Feb 17, 2012

Kaldaris posted:

Eh? Do I not own it? Do I own it? The code I got from GMG went in the first time, and successive tries says it's already registered, so I assume it went through.

Maybe mog station is just hosed? I hope

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Kaldaris posted:

GMG gave you a preorder code that gets you early access and the preorder bonuses but doesn't register the expansion itself to your account. The actual HW code is a separate thing that hasn't been sent out by anyone except Steam yet. That code should go out sometime between now and the official launch and you can register it then.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
I hope they fix this random Dx11 crashing nonsense ASAP. The game looks too pretty now for me to go back to 10!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

fadam posted:

Because I like killing monsters and raiding with my friends?

fadam posted:

FATEs [are] a waste of time.

ok, then

at least you'll have plenty of raiding to do after you blast through the storyline...................... oh

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Quick ABILITY CLARIFICATION:
ROYAL ROAD will give the extra benefit (Duration, Potency, AOE) based upon the card you put away, not the card you draw:

So for example if you royal road away attack up or Damage Reduction, your next card (whatever it is) will get the 150% effect, regardles of what card it is.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Athenry posted:

Shut down PC, restart router. When you get into Windows, do an ipconfig /release, then ipconfig /renew and then ipconfig /flushdns. Worked for me.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
DX11 is great, Au Ra emotes are great, AST is great, everything is great. Also I finally got a chance to solo Garuda Normal in revenge for all those DF wipes.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

C'mon last page, I do like to experience the game's story; I interact with the extra random NPCs to see if there's flavorful dialogue, read the quest text, and watch cutscenes. Sometimes I even think of my character as if it exists in the world. But there's really no sense in getting mad about vidya games and jumping all over someone if they're not interested, it's not like he was making big posts complaining about the story, and he doesn't insult your experience by simply existing and not caring for it.

Re: FATEs though, I think part of the problem is that FATEs, if I remember right, scale based on the number of people in the zone doing them. As the zones are very crowded right now, the monsters have a lot of HP and go down slow since only a small portion of the people in the zone are actually in that area doing that FATE, so doing the FATEs probably feels bad. That's what I'm noticing, and my server isn't even as crowded as Excalibur.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nice to see that I don't really practice good trigger discipline.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey so I preordered this on the PSN ad it said I should get in for early access. However, I don't have a code for early access in any of the receipt emails. I have an order number but no other codes besides that. Is there something I'm supposed to do? I checked the link in the OP and they said it should be in the email.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I was reading the wrong section. I had thought I'd already done all I needed to do, but the new content was still locked...

On my mogstation it says I do not have a license for Heavensward yet, what's that mean?

BottledBodhisvata fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 19, 2015

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Opposing Farce posted:

GMG gave you a preorder code that gets you early access and the preorder bonuses but doesn't register the expansion itself to your account. The actual HW code is a separate thing that hasn't been sent out by anyone except Steam yet. That code should go out sometime between now and the official launch and you can register it then.

If I did this, but I don't have the actual preorder bonuses in-game yet, should I be worried or is that normal?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

CuddlyZombie posted:

If I did this, but I don't have the actual preorder bonuses in-game yet, should I be worried or is that normal?

the bonuses don't come out until the game actually comes out, on the 23rd

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
'Adventurer in need: DPS'

Never thought I would see the day.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Completely ignoring the content of them, the new solo instances are really cool and a huge step up from even the tail end of 2.x. I wonder how long they've been working on them.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Hey so I preordered this on the PSN ad it said I should get in for early access. However, I don't have a code for early access in any of the receipt emails. I have an order number but no other codes besides that. Is there something I'm supposed to do? I checked the link in the OP and they said it should be in the email.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I was reading the wrong section. I had thought I'd already done all I needed to do, but the new content was still locked...

On my mogstation it says I do not have a license for Heavensward yet, what's that mean?
There are no codes, if you preordered it and downloaded the DLC you can play now, it'll link to your account when you log in.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

BottledBodhisvata posted:

For anyone in my position I found a solution. Make sure you've downloaded the Add-on from the PSN, not just the install files. Duh!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
A loving title card on an MMO expansion. I love this game.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Am I a bad person for enjoying my instant DPS queues while grinning smugly at tanks grumbling about having to wait 40+ min?

More than likely but I sure as hell am going to keep doing it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dusk Vigil has Phendrana Drifts music and the last boss is neat. It also gave about 250000xp with rested bonus, not including the quest turn in.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kaldaris posted:

You have heavensward early access, cd keys for heavensward haven't been sent out by the SE store yet so I don't think that can be added yet.

From my understanding there are 2 cd keys for heavensward and early access. They stopped giving early access out on the 19th I think.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 19, 2015

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
So the takeaway I am getting from the thread right now is that I should consider taking DRG to 60 first instead of Scholar.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Close the thread until 4.0 qtiyd.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Meldonox posted:

Close the thread until the all life is over qtiyd.
Edit: except for me and my wonderful screenshots:

Yda throwing shade:

Potato Jones fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Ciaphas posted:

I don't think anyone has the game codes proper yet. Have you taken the first MSQ in the little building in Dragonhead, where 2.55 ended?

I worked it out, it was a Level 8 error.

• Locked thread