Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
Don't be dumb. Those of us at work must live vicariously through the awful shitposts here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Vahalla posted:

Don't be dumb. Those of us at work must live vicariously through the awful shitposts here!

Same

Got to Ishagard, became an Emo Knight, had to go to work :negative:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

fadam posted:

Whoa, Wrath gives Parry now.

In addition to crit, or instead of?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm not sure what I think about Alphinaud's new VA.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
People keep saying there's a new VA... for what, English?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
lmao, female au ra retainer with the "Independent" personality says "I-it's not like I want to sell your items or anything" when you summon her

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Al sounds so TIRED right now.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

lmao, female au ra retainer with the "Independent" personality says "I-it's not like I want to sell your items or anything" when you summon her

Baka!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
....I have a retainer fantasia. It's getting used.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Well when I eventually cave and start paying for a 4th retainer I know what it's going to be now

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

In addition to crit, or instead of?

Not sure. The buff for defiance says that Wrath gives crit, but the tooltip for the Wrath buff itself says it only gives parry.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Someone hosed up their mudras. (Or succeeded. Your call.)

fadam posted:

Not sure. The buff for defiance says that Wrath gives crit, but the tooltip for the Wrath buff itself says it only gives parry.

I guess that's what they meant by

lololololo ambiguous patch notes posted:

[2.0] In accordance with the raise in level cap, all job actions and parameters have been adjusted.

Wasn't this the problem with WAR at 2.0 launch anyways? Where using your Wrath stacks would lead to a direct drop in survival?

EDIT: Wait, that was increased healing. This is less problematic, you're likely to use IB which is a 20% incoming damage reduction anyways.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 19, 2015

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

bonewitch posted:

the bonuses don't come out until the game actually comes out, on the 23rd

Sweet, thanks

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

i save your asses from the god drat giant dragon and you throw snowballs at me?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I'm not sure what I think about Alphinaud's new VA.
Its still Sam Regal I think? He just dropped his voice a little. Its good because I no longer want to brutally destroy Alphinaud whenever he talks.

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax
After playing the Dragon Quest MMO I have decided taht keyboards are stupid and I only want to play games with my playstation controller from now on, how viable is that in FFXIV.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Its still Sam Regal I think? He just dropped his voice a little. Its good because I no longer want to brutally destroy Alphinaud whenever he talks.

Could be that he's gone full Sisko and his balls dropped.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lotophage posted:

After playing the Dragon Quest MMO I have decided taht keyboards are stupid and I only want to play games with my playstation controller from now on, how viable is that in FFXIV.
Insanely.

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax

:coolfish:

Also about how long will it take me to wrap up the main story if I got to 50 in patch 2.0 and then basically did none of it.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Lotophage posted:

Also about how long will it take me to wrap up the main story if I got to 50 in patch 2.0 and then basically did none of it.

A while. Each patch is several hours long.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Lotophage posted:

I'm doing it right now. Assuming you can gather competent groups for the trials (maybe harder because goons are socking now?), I'd argue 10-15 hours if you went hard. 15-20 is a safer bet.

EDIT: What I'm saying is you could do it before early access ends. That's the important thing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I feel yet another drat racechange coming on, away from girl potato. Female highlander or female hellsguard?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Go Roetato

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lotophage posted:

A week of casual play.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 19, 2015

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
So. It turns out Bane was buffed and its description wasn't changed. It now hits an infinite amount of targets.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

I feel yet another drat racechange coming on, away from girl potato. Female highlander or female hellsguard?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Saigyouji posted:

So. It turns out Bane was buffed and its description wasn't changed. It now hits an infinite amount of targets.

Boy the pendulum swung from BLM to SMN hard, didn't it :stare:

A fair point, well made

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
God I hope my download went through last night. I forgot to check this morning before heading to work.

Even if it didn't I'm on vacation all week next week. I didn't necessarily take off for Heavensward, but I didn't necessarily not either.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Saigyouji posted:

Supposedly the description was changed in the JP client, and states any target hit after the original three gets the DOTs at half potency. I wasn't able to test it in the little bit of time I was online this morning.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

I approve of all roegadames

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Managed to get a few MSQ finished before one bugged out on me and now it's saying to talk to Mayota again while the MSQ marker is above someone else's head. Talking to anyone involved in the quest gives a blank text box and apparently I;m supposed to confirm something with one of the NPCs but it's impossible to do so and even using a controller I cannot confirm whatever the invisible line is.

Fun expansion! :suicide:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Soo, BLM got nerfed? How exactly?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Verranicus posted:

Soo, BLM got nerfed? How exactly?

Smn got buffed; Flare has a diminishing return on AOE now.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Does it seem like loading zones is insanely fast now?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
the machinest starting quest is anime as gently caress

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kuvo posted:

the machinest starting quest is anime as gently caress

It's the hildebrand pair if their massive eccentricities hid actual competence (in a narrow field)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Chrysalis is terrible, especially since everyone that's overgeared and knows what they're doing is currently in Ishgard.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Saigyouji posted:

:eyepop:

Please tell me there's a way to use Bahamut-y things to Fester everything at once, multiple times.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Hellioning posted:

Chrysalis is terrible, especially since everyone that's overgeared and knows what they're doing is currently in Ishgard.

Finished stormcloak before work myself. The quest wall is going to be a huge complaint for returning players. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up hurting the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Wish I found this quest BEFORE I spent 350k on an onion holy poo poo

If anyone has any extra onions feel free to send them my way :allears:

• Locked thread