Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I forgot the road roller doesn't even loving explode. Why do you people prefer it over the tanker truck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Because in terms of heavy things that DIO could've dropped on Jotaro, a road roller is just way funnier. It just comes out of nowhere.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also he shouts 'ROAD ROLLER' just in case you hadn't grasped it.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'll never get over that Joseph came back from death and, within an instant of grasping the situation, he decides "I am going to gently caress with my grandson so goddamn hard."

He does it to Erina too at his own "funeral" by sneaking up behind her and covering her eyes and I'm amazed she didn't kill him for real on the spot. Never change, Joseph.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

BaDandy posted:

He does it to Erina too at his own "funeral" by sneaking up behind her and covering her eyes and I'm amazed she didn't kill him for real on the spot. Never change, Joseph.

To be fair, he didn't even know it was his own funeral. I assume he was just trying to cheer up his friends before realizing the truth.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Because in terms of heavy things that DIO could've dropped on Jotaro, a road roller is just way funnier. It just comes out of nowhere.

He spends 9 seconds in DIO time™ looking for big heavy things to drop before settling for the road roller. Just picture that process.

Settling or seeing and thinking "yes. this is the best thing ever".

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurain posted:

He spends 9 seconds in DIO time™ looking for big heavy things to drop before settling for the road roller. Just picture that process.

Settling or seeing and thinking "yes. this is the best thing ever".
Not a car or a truck that would do the job fine, nah. A loving road roller that weighs around 20 tons, yeah that'll work.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 19, 2015

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
"Okay, but what would be really funny?"

Sees a roadroller.

"pERFECT"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You'r'e all missing the point as the capcom game had no trouble making the road roller explode.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Also,

Race Realists posted:

you know, at this point i feel like Japanese Opinions On Various JoJo Arcs is slowly becoming the "My Dad who works for Nintendo said..." of the western jojo fanbase :v:
Parts 3 and 5 are confirmed the most popular parts in more ways than I have time to recount. Concerning Parts 6 and 7, their comparative "Lack" of popularity is attributed to someone crunching the numbers and finding them to have the lowest overall sales, which is a pretty solid indicator. SBR also had to change magazines, for reasons which are only partially understood.

That said, low sales for Jojo still translates to respectable sales for a lot of other series. Araki's not in dire straights and Jojo continues to be beloved in all its forms. However, seeing as they contracted a lesser-known studio over one of the heavy hitters, with the need to cut up parts into their own seasons - including cutting parts in half - with one of David's staff replying to future season concerns with "We'll need to sell enough DVDs," there is room to think we may not see all of Jojo animated should enthusiasm among specifically the anime fans diminish.

If Part 4 gets confirmed, Part 5 is a given, and Part 6 is most likely safe as well. The problem is with the jump from Part 6 to 7, especially since SBR represents a "Break" from the old series.

Stairmaster posted:

You'r'e all missing the point as the capcom game had no trouble making the road roller explode.
Capcom needed an excuse to get rid of a sprite on-screen that had already served its purpose. It doesn't explode in the manga.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I prefer the road roller to remain as a monument to road roller da. It would be a shame for it to just go away.

FWIW, apparently quite a few of the SDC blu-rays are already sold out and hard to get your hands on.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Reading Part 4 now that the Part 3 anime's over. Just finished Koichi's "fight" against Kobayashi, and so far I'm really enjoying how it's mostly kind of a slice of life thing but with Stands. They all seem like they can do some real unorthodox and clever stuff. Well, maybe not Aqua Necklace since that felt kind of like a retread of Geb but with an overall less impressive user. The rain thing was kind of clever at least.

Speaking of which, goddrat was Angelo's defeat really loving dark. Josuke can do some real hosed up stuff with Crazy Diamond if he sets his mind to it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Stairmaster posted:

Oh my god who the gently caress cares if the goddamn thing explodes or not, shut the gently caress up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Crazy D is the best stand in all ways.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can't wait for the ultimate fight in the part 4 anime between insane quartz and catboom meow meow

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dragonatrix posted:

Speaking of which, goddrat was Angelo's defeat really loving dark. Josuke can do some real hosed up stuff with Crazy Diamond if he sets his mind to it.

Hey now, Crazy Diamond totes has the kindest Stand ability.

Also if any motherfucker watched the latest episode and their enjoyment of it was somehow diminished because the road roller didn't explode or because there wasn't a ten second clip of Josuke at the end or whatever you really need to take a deep breath and then punch yourself in the face until you've knocked the disease out of your brain.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dragonatrix posted:

Well, maybe not Aqua Necklace since that felt kind of like a retread of Geb but with an overall less impressive user. The rain thing was kind of clever at least.

I dunno, Aqua Necklace felt like a better version of Geb to me.

And yeah, Josuke's pretty terrifying when you make him mad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

shut up stairmaster I'm gonna road roller this loving post

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i can't wait for the ultimate fight in the part 4 anime between insane quartz and catboom meow meow

Angry Amethyst vs Murderer Monarch

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 19, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:vince:

Here's a "Part 4 is not decided yet" tweet from JoJo anime's twitter, possibly related to the one the JoJolion translator was on about.
https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/480242756934053888

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST JUST POST.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Drop a Roller on it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I dunno, Aqua Necklace felt like a better version of Geb to me.

And yeah, Josuke's pretty terrifying when you make him mad.
Aqua Necklace proved just how OP Geb would've been if N'Dour wasn't blind.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's easy to counter aqua necklace, just swallow a glove. obviously.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh my god who the gently caress cares if the goddamn thing explodes or not, shut the gently caress up.

I don't see how comparing the ova to the anime isn't a legitimate line of discussion, friend.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it's easy to counter aqua necklace, just swallow a glove. obviously.

It's impressive just how much bullshit Josuke pulls on his opponents. He is undoubtedly his father's son.

Stairmaster posted:

I don't see how comparing the ova to the anime isn't a legitimate line of discussion, friend.

Because no one gives a poo poo if someone wants gratuitous explosions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

OVA likers have weird reasons for preferring the OVA.

"There's more gore, so it's better."

"There's an explosion, so it's better."

Stop being weird.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
How about "It's animated better"?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, but it looks like poo poo, so it's fluidly animated garbage. :toot:

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

CJ posted:

Art design still sucks in comparison.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
What if I love trash. Huh?? You gonna shame my lust for garbage??? Checkmate.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

CJ posted:

This plus I prefer its pacing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's still looks like piss and poop though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's still looks like piss and poop though.

Some people are into that.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Srice posted:

This plus I prefer its pacing.

The Star Platinum stopping Jotaro's heart part and the events surrounding it were better some in the OVA

It is much cooler when Polnareff directly has a hand in DIO's skull getting cracked than when Jotaro has to bail Polnareff out

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

On one hand the ova has garbage character design.

On the other hand atleast it had credit music for the ending https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JK9TA3WdAI.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dragonatrix posted:

Josuke's my favorite JoJo because he's a real nice kid who will be your friend, unless you're a murderer or a dick, then he'll kick your rear end. Josuke Higashikata, killing 'em with kindness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TheKingofSprings posted:

It is much cooler when Polnareff directly has a hand in DIO's skull getting cracked than when Jotaro has to bail Polnareff out

To be fair, he prevented Jotaro from getting killed immediately.