Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Don't do your relic, you get free poo poo that drastically out performs it like 5 minutes into HW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadiTC
May 31, 2011
Has anybody tried the fishing yet? I'm curious what kind of new fish they added and what the new skills are like.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, a relic seems a bit out of the way to get a i80/i90 weapon. Stick to the i70 weapon from a FC chest / the market and keep chugging through the story. Hopefully you'll get a better weapon from a quest, worst case is plow through anyways and use other gear to hit i90 by 2.5 so you can do the rest of the story content.

Or try to get hooked up to a HW i115 weapon from the trash merchants from somebody who's already in HW. I assume they're level 50 gear.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Is it too late to get early access?

And did they make leveling a second job easier? I already did the main storyline on my main but 30-45 was so boring on additional jobs :smith:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

ghostinmyshell posted:

And did they make leveling a second job easier? I already did the main storyline on my main but 30-45 was so boring on additional jobs :smith:

no

yes

Pryce
May 21, 2011

ghostinmyshell posted:

Not sure about your first question, but 3.0 buffed the XP gains from 30-40 at the very least. Haven't done it yet, but I'm less scared to level other classes now.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ghostinmyshell posted:

Armory bonus xp is now 100% for jobs under 50, 50% from 50-60.

e: It used to just be 50%. Leveling will be drat fast if youve got some rested xp.

KoB fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 19, 2015

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

ghostinmyshell posted:

For early access you'll need to get your hands on a preorder code. I'm not sure who is still selling them though. Green Man Gaming still talks about a preorder, maybe they'll give a code?

They increased the armory bonus from +50% EXP to +100% which should help some. Sounds like there's a deluge of tanks flooding the lower levle instances so if you 're leveling a DPS now seems like a great time to do it.

efb, listen to kob for the armory bonus. It is only +100% to lv50, then it reverts back to +50%

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

bonewitch posted:

Don't do your relic, you get free poo poo that drastically out performs it like 5 minutes into HW

And it's tradeable! :pervert:

Which is how I have my clownsuit while still working on 2.5.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ghostinmyshell posted:

I thought I saw there was a deadline to get early access.

You have to finish these quests to play the xpac or any new classes.
http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/7th_Astral_Era_Quests

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Holy poo poo. They made Radiant Shield an AoE party buff!

That has serious potential in phases where the tank takes a lot of hits.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

ActionZero posted:

I noticed this when doing low-level roulette and bringing out Ifrit since Garuda is less attractive without Contagion (also noticed Bane affecting more than 3 targets). I quite like it, it at the very least makes the skill not totally useless now.

It certainly seems like Summoner is leaning towards being able to blast through megapulls efficiently now.

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.

Tenzarin posted:

:stonk: Oh christ, if all those quests are as long as I remember some of the story quests are, I'm not going to be into the expansion stuff for a while.

Zaras fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 19, 2015

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zaras posted:

:stonk: Oh christ if all those quests are as long as I remember some of the story quests are I'm not going to be into the expansion stuff for a while.

Yeah, I have less than two patches to go and I doubt I'll be in today.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I kinda don't want to change to demondragon now. Because I don't think anything will be more perfect than a giant bulky Roeman in the pink and lavender clown outfit.

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Kinda makes me worried with all the Trials and dungeons and stuff you gotta do for the story, hopefully there'll be a non-zero number of people still going through the old content.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

I left off at the end of 2.3, I wonder how long it will take to catch up?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hellioning posted:

I kinda don't want to change to demondragon now. Because I don't think anything will be more perfect than a giant bulky Roeman in the pink and lavender clown outfit.

Are you on Exodus, or is there another Roedude who has been made aware of this important fact?

Edit: also, there are fuckloads of people going through the old content, at least for now.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ActionZero posted:

On the flip side his attacks are no longer blunt. Supposedly his flaming crush was also changes but I didn't spot the difference

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.
That's reassuring I suppose. Maybe I'll power dork through the patches tonight and tomorrow or something.

Can probably cut a couple hours out of the catch-up if you're willing to skip through cutscenes and watch 'em later.

Edit: oh god flare what did they do to you

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Are you on Exodus, or is there another Roedude who has been made aware of this important fact?

Edit: also, there are fuckloads of people going through the old content, at least for now.

No, I'm Exodus, that was probably me.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

poo poo, I log off to take a break and now I can't get back in because the lobby servers are being assaulted by east coasters.

At least I am vindicated by correctly guessing exactly what Lolorito's plot was :v:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I still don't get people trying to blast through pre HW content to reach the expansion. Isn't it all new to you?

Edit: Has anyone ripped some songs from the expansion yet? I'm stuck on the road and would live to hear some new battle or dungeon themes.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 19, 2015

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.

Verranicus posted:

I still don't get people trying to blast through pre HW content to reach the expansion. Isn't it all new to you?

Normally I'd agree with you, but I've had the 2.1-2.55 story effectively ruined for me.

By the Heavensward intro cinematic.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

GreyjoyBastard posted:

How long would it take me to get to Heavensward? :v:

And yeah, I guess just straight up starting a brand new account is on the board since I have literally like 2 hours of progress on this one, but gently caress trying to get a proper Excalibur account again (unless they alleviated this issue now?).

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Zaras posted:

Normally I'd agree with you, but I've had the 2.1-2.55 story effectively ruined for me.

Prepare to have the expansion content ruined for you by people in this thread as well.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Edit: Has anyone ripped some songs from the expansion yet? I'm stuck on the road and would live to hear some new battle or dungeon themes.

There's a thread on ffgoons that has the 3.0 soundtrack dump I think. Check there.

pandaK posted:

And yeah, I guess just straight up starting a brand new account is on the board since I have literally like 2 hours of progress on this one, but gently caress trying to get a proper Excalibur account again (unless they alleviated this issue now?).

There's still new character restrictions on Excalibur, yeah.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

pandaK posted:

The Excal character creation thing might never be "fixed" at this point because the server is so high-traffic. Nobody really anticipated this, but that's what it is.

Also it won't take as long as you think, because the ARR main story now gives tons of experience, so hop on that train with your catgirl :v:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

GreatRedSpirit posted:

Yeah, their chat support just replied and told me they couldn't renew my trial period, so I'll probably just buy a month's subscription and not Heavensward since I doubt I'll even reach it. Are all of the expansion's contents end level stuff or will I miss anything by not buying it now? I'm reading the 3.0 patch notes and it seems like it's the former?

e: am I barred off from getting those Heavensward Triple Triad cards, for example.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zaras posted:

Maybe you should of thought more about not playing ff14 before playing the xpac with all the new and cool stuff. If you can't sit through a weeks worth of fetch quests content, then maybe a story based MMO is not for you.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

GreatRedSpirit posted:

There's a thread on ffgoons that has the 3.0 soundtrack dump I think. Check there.

Any chance you can link that here? Not a member of ffgoons and im on a lovely tablet that hates navigating websites not already in my bookmarks.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Anybody know if they ever fixed the issue with higher resolutions and the cutscene dialogue window being way to small? I play on a 58inch plasma at 1080p and sit a bit aways from the screen but find I have to sit significantly closer on this game. I find it's much more relaxing to poop in a sock laying down on the couch as opposed to having to sit up. Plzhalp.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
lol time to make my two combat retainers i115, dyes here i come

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

pandaK posted:

Yeah, their chat support just replied and told me they couldn't renew my trial period, so I'll probably just buy a month's subscription and not Heavensward since I doubt I'll even reach it. Are all of the expansion's contents end level stuff or will I miss anything by not buying it now? I'm reading the 3.0 patch notes and it seems like it's the former?

e: am I barred off from getting those Heavensward Triple Triad cards, for example.

You can't play as an Au Ra. I'd assume you can only get the HW cards from TT players in HW content, although if they're ever added to the random card packs then maybe you can get them? The rest of HW content is gated beyond 2.5.5 afaik. If you're not interested in playing an Au Ra then yeah, don't buy HW until you actually need it.

Verranicus posted:

Any chance you can link that here? Not a member of ffgoons and im on a lovely tablet that hates navigating websites not already in my bookmarks.

Here's a link to a download link and checksum to names

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
(Igual Mente) one sec please
(Minera Radisky) more like uno moMENTE am i right

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

ghostinmyshell posted:

I took a chance with GreenManGaming and got in with EA, now to figure out this 5006 error with DX11 enabled.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Minrad posted:

(Igual Mente) one sec please
(Minera Radisky) more like uno moMENTE am i right

:golfclap:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

High Level Roulette seems to be 10% of a level. Probably worth doing with armory bonus for future characters, not so much right now for leveling. :v:

The plus side is, you can queue with a partial group for it! Which means insta-queues with a tank or healer friend, if you're dps! (now please add this to lldr yoshi)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fell Cleave is sick. I'm still bummed that two of the new Warrior spells got wasted on slightly different versions of Inner Beast and Steel Cyclone, but 3k crits are doing a lot to help me get over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Also I've been holding off gushing but drat, this expansion really nails the idea of telling a story and delivering a compelling single player experience compared to ARR. The latter patches did a much better job of it, but so far all the single player instances, class quests, and storylines have been great. Even my friend who could barely stand leveling 1-50 in ARR is really digging what HW is doing so far.

• Locked thread