Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Milotic posted:

Would it be morally and socially acceptable to paint Khorne Bezerkers Macragge Blue? I'm going for two main colour schemes in my army (blue for fast attack and troops, purple for stuff wot blows other stuff up). This is to represent two renegade chapters joining forces. But I love taking zerkers as troop choices but I don't want to paint them the traditional colours so my army is consistent and also for the sake of mah narrative. I figure if Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, he's probably pretty chill about what the stylish bloodcrazed murderer is wearing this year.

I'm probably going to do the same for Plague Marines (though I might just proxy normal troops since I'm not the biggest fan of the models for Plague Marines, even less so for the Death Guard colour scheme)

Weren't world eaters originally blue and white anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm not a big fan of the pose. I get what they were trying to do, but it looks like a statue. I always like things that look more heroic and alive, especially for the roman primarch.

(not romans I know)

It's all aesthetics though. I can't hate on it. Unlike GW centurions.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Uroboros posted:

Swords actually make more sense to me than participating in any sort of ground war to begin with. The Imperium clearly cares little about "hearts and minds" and regularly participates in wars of genocide. I don't understand how 99% of conflicts they wage don't literally begin with and end with the deploying capital weaponry. I understand not wanting to blow up your precious Titan factories than the enemy has occupied, but you think saturation nuclear warhead strikes on alien cities would be plan 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Son. That world belongs to the Emperor.

Maybe you don't think the God of Mankind doesn't deserve to have this world intact and shiny and nice just how he likes things.

Now either get in that drop pod or go explain to that Inquisitor why you want to 'sit this one out'.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Deptfordx posted:

Son. That world belongs to the Emperor.

Maybe you don't think the God of Mankind doesn't deserve to have this world intact and shiny and nice just how he likes things.

Now either get in that drop pod or go explain to that Inquisitor why you want to 'sit this one out'.

This, unironically. Every single planet, whether it was an alien world or once part of the Imperium, could have a multitude of hidden treasures. STCs alone are worth throwing seven billion guardsmen into the meat grinder.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
The Imperium is known for wiping out planets, but some aliens have ways to prevent that and it would be thematically boring if they did it every time. Gotta have more brutality and carnage.

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm not a big fan of the pose. I get what they were trying to do, but it looks like a statue. I always like things that look more heroic and alive, especially for the roman primarch.

I think it's perfect because he is stoic, statuesque and known for being uptight and full of himself.

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 19, 2015

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

PierreTheMime posted:

This, unironically. Every single planet, whether it was an alien world or once part of the Imperium, could have a multitude of hidden treasures. STCs alone are worth throwing seven billion guardsmen into the meat grinder.

But sure those vile Xenia/heretics kept all their important poo poo in like underground vaults, those Hab blocks are just getting in the way of the reclaimation process.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
I say we send in wave after wave of guardsmen, until the kill-bots run out of ammo - it's the only way to be sure

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay which one of you sent this to me ?

quote:

With the current heated rules discussion concerning the Skyhammer Annihilation Force formation, I have been again researching the question of 'Psyker Unit(s)'.

I failed to convince people with my less eloquent and less exhaustive descriptions than your own when this issue came to light about a year ago on other forums and at stores. I just wanted to say your explanations within this thread: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/603879.page are beautifully constructed and I'm saddened that no one praised your approach to the rules or was convinced by your explanation.

You gave me faith in the community, that there are some out there with noble intentions and sharp wit, thank you.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Renfield posted:

I say we send in wave after wave of guardsmen, until the kill-bots run out of ammo - it's the only way to be sure

Somebody promote this man! The greatest strategic genius since Guilliman.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Uroboros posted:

But sure those vile Xenia/heretics kept all their important poo poo in like underground vaults, those Hab blocks are just getting in the way of the reclaimation process.

WE CANT TAKE THAT CHANCE! Your opposition is noted, Sergeant. :commissar:

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

WE CANT TAKE THAT CHANCE! Your opposition is noted, Sergeant. :commissar:

Good thinking! Don't destroy the entire planet, just wipe out those pesky living organisms. -Your friendly neighborhood Necron Phaeron

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
I've seen a few knock-off company miniatures of the Emperor floating around the internet, and I'm wondering if anybody knows where to get a cheap one. It can be a terrible sculpt and terrible quality, as long as it's cheap.

I want to make a terrain piece for my Catachan which is a metal statue of the Emperor, covered in verdigris and jungle growth and bird poo poo, surrounded by tons of heads on spikes. I like the idea that the Catachan don't get on their knees and pray to the Emperor - they go out and kill the biggest damned thing they can find and offer it up in fealty. In addition to just being a neat concept it would give me free reign to paint up a ton of fun xenos, daemon, heretic and generic Fantasy monster heads.

Rules-wise, one model within 6" may give up their shooting to "pray to the Emperor" and gain the Ork Lucky Stikk special rule.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Uroboros posted:

Swords actually make more sense to me than participating in any sort of ground war to begin with. The Imperium clearly cares little about "hearts and minds" and regularly participates in wars of genocide. I don't understand how 99% of conflicts they wage don't literally begin with and end with the deploying capital weaponry. I understand not wanting to blow up your precious Titan factories than the enemy has occupied, but you think saturation nuclear warhead strikes on alien cities would be plan 1, 2, 3, and 4.

0) Imperial offensives start with repeated orbital strikes.

1) Alien cities vulnerable to saturation nuclear warhead strikes aren't exactly commonplace. Most of the wargame xenogen races do not live in surface cities. Orks kind of do, but they're also notoriously difficult to root out--if any spunk is left in a corner somewhere, Orks will show up again.

2) The Imperium values two resources: inhabitable planets and archeotech. Human life is disposable. The poo poo the Guard fields is disposable. Even elite units like Sororitas, Skitarii, and Stormtroopers are all very disposable. But there's a finite number of M-Class worlds out there, and an even more finite number of STC-grade forges and primitus generaria and so forth.

3) When the Imperium cares more about killing the enemies on a world than the resources on that world, it glasses the world, absolutely and without hesitation, from orbit. It does this all the time, especially when fighting Chaos, the only major threat in the galaxy that occupies surface cities.

When a ground war happens, it's because orbital strikes are for one reason or another insufficient to achieve the primary objective.

Edit: :goonsay:

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 20, 2015

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Re: Titanchat a few pages back, I switched to using Araldite in building my Marauder, and while it is slightly slower to build due to the Araldite actually having to cure, it has produced the strongest bonds and I will probably be dead before my Marauder falls apart.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Looks like Abnett is also going to release a novel that covers the duel between the Infidus Imperator and the Maccrage's Honor. Although, isn't Marius Gage in Unremembered Empire? Kind of spoils the ending, oh well, I am sure it will be all sorts of cool anyway.

Sulecrist posted:

0) Imperial offensives start with repeated orbital strikes.

1) Alien cities vulnerable to saturation nuclear warhead strikes aren't exactly commonplace. Most of the wargame xenogen races do not live in surface cities. Orks kind of do, but they're also notoriously difficult to root out--if any spunk is left in a corner somewhere, Orks will show up again.

2) The Imperium values two resources: inhabitable planets and archeotech. Human life is disposable. The poo poo the Guard fields is disposable. Even elite units like Sororitas, Skitarii, and Stormtroopers are all very disposable. But there's a finite number of M-Class worlds out there, and an even more finite number of STC-grade forges and primitus generaria and so forth.

3) When the Imperium cares more about killing the enemies on a world than the resources on that world, it glasses the world, absolutely and without hesitation, from orbit. It does this all the time, especially when fighting Chaos, the only major threat in the galaxy that occupies surface cities.

When a ground war happens, it's because orbital strikes are for one reason or another insufficient to achieve the primary objective.

Edit: :goonsay:

Look sir, I don't need your so called "logic" poking holes in my argument and poo poo...

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 20, 2015

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

BuffaloChicken posted:

I've seen a few knock-off company miniatures of the Emperor floating around the internet, and I'm wondering if anybody knows where to get a cheap one. It can be a terrible sculpt and terrible quality, as long as it's cheap.

I want to make a terrain piece for my Catachan which is a metal statue of the Emperor, covered in verdigris and jungle growth and bird poo poo, surrounded by tons of heads on spikes. I like the idea that the Catachan don't get on their knees and pray to the Emperor - they go out and kill the biggest damned thing they can find and offer it up in fealty. In addition to just being a neat concept it would give me free reign to paint up a ton of fun xenos, daemon, heretic and generic Fantasy monster heads.

Rules-wise, one model within 6" may give up their shooting to "pray to the Emperor" and gain the Ork Lucky Stikk special rule.

So there's Scibor's "Cesar of Rome"
http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=2754#i/2013/big/cezar_of_rome_02.jpg

And Kabuki's "First Knight" (but it's kind of awful)
http://www.kabukimodels.com/knights-of-legend/180-first-knight.html

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The Kabuki one is so bad but it'd be perfect for a statue.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Uroboros posted:

Looks like Abnett is also going to release a novel that covers the duel between the Infidus Imperator and the Maccrage's Honor. Although, isn't Marius Gage in Unremembered Empire? Kind of spoils the ending, oh well, I am sure it will be all sorts of cool anyway.

I think he was mentioned, but only in a 'We havent seen him since he chased them out the system' kind of way.

not lame!
May 9, 2006
STYLE!
With the release of the new Space Marines and Dark Angel codexes, does this mean Blood Angels are now behind the times and kind of lovely in comparison?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

not lame! posted:

With the release of the new Space Marines and Dark Angel codexes, does this mean Blood Angels are now behind the times and kind of lovely in comparison?

Basically. Though most people won't notice the power level difference, it sucks to not have some of the new toys (vehicles in squadrons, points changes, grav everything).

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
You can wait a fortnight for the new blood angel dex right?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm hoping for a new Chaos codex next, or within a couple of months.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I'm waiting for the new Eldar dex, can't be more than 3 months away

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Uroboros posted:

Looks like Abnett is also going to release a novel that covers the duel between the Infidus Imperator and the Maccrage's Honor.

A novel? You're not thinking of that limited edition graphic novel of that story that got released a year ago.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Horus-Heresy-Macragges-Honour/dp/1849705658/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

krushgroove posted:

I'm hoping for a new Chaos codex next, or within a couple of months.

Most rumors are pointing towards Tau as the next release. After that it'd be either Chaos or IG, with me betting IG first (can't have too many non-imperial releases in a row yanno).

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
With WFB getting it re-launch on July 4th, I was thinking GW was gonna slow down the 40k side of the release schedule. I guess not?

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
If someone is bothered about getting their codex updated too quickly, try switching to Dark Eldar. They recently got a new book, so their current codex should be good until atleast 2025.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Slimnoid posted:

Most rumors are pointing towards Tau as the next release. After that it'd be either Chaos or IG, with me betting IG first (can't have too many non-imperial releases in a row yanno).

Ah right - mainly I'm hoping they do some cool stuff for the different legions, and maybe a Nurgle book like Khorne Daemonkin, so I'm not dying for a book soon, just hoping it's tweaked a bit.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If I still cared about Blood Angels I'd be pissed as hell right about now, to be honest.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
There needs to be a new Tyranid book soon too, with some of this tasty assault from reserves action.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That'll be the day.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Drake_263 posted:

Also pointing out that in Know No Fear, Guilliman's ship was basically undergoing minor repairs and tuneups while in orbit - so they'd set up atmospheric screens to basically surround the ship with a thin 'skin' of atmosphere, make it easier for repair crews to work. When Guilliman got kicked out of the ship, he thankfully didn't get vented all the way out of the atmo shield - zero-gravity and cold as all gently caress, yes, but not exposed to hard vacuum.
:goonsay:

Also pointing out that I actually knew this but was making a statement for comedic effect...

Now I see why my friends have rolled their eyes at me when I explain it! :doh:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

If I still cared about Blood Angels I'd be pissed as hell right about now, to be honest.

Why?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The Blood Angels codex was outdated and overcosted for years.

We finally got an update to match us to the standard of the latest marine codex in December.

6 months later the new codex upgrades a load of units (Dreads, terminators, vanguard etc) and gets a load of formations with big bonuses and once again the BA codex is out of date.

Worse GW seem to have lost all interest in FAQs and errata, so it's looking doubtful that even basic stufff like Dreadnoughts have 4A basic are going to be given to the BA dex.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Overwatch at full BS, free transports.

Comedy.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Post 9-11 User posted:

I think it's perfect because he is stoic, statuesque and known for being uptight and full of himself.
Yeah, I think it captures him perfectly, even if it's not quite as exciting as say Curze's pose. I think this model looks incredible.

BuffaloChicken posted:

God you 'ham right.
Jesus Christmas. Overwatch at full BS? That's... kinda BS :v:

Nah, I think it's okay for Dark Angels because in some situations it'll be incredible, while in a lot it will be utterly worthless. I'm curious what gives/gets Grim Resolve in the codex.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TKIY posted:

There needs to be a new Tyranid book soon too, with some of this tasty assault from reserves action.

"We need to be able to assault after deepstrike!" GW gives assault after deepstrike. Everyone bitches about assault after deepstrike being broken. Writes 10 page topic on Dakkadakka about the GW universe versus the Star Wars universe.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 20, 2015

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

LordAba posted:

"We need to be able to assault after deepstrike!" GW gives assault after deepstrike for players buying specific Forgeworld models or formations that include entire companies, or with web-exclusive rules bundles limited to the first x hundred buyers

Here I went ahead and fixed your post, since it was missing a bunch of key information

VVVV it's not too bad if it's just for characters and the Deathwatch. Frankly, they need to do away with the army-specific rules/buffs, as those often come with a price tag you don't want to pay and end up being dead rules a good chunk of the time. Also it was Preferred Enemy: Chaos and not Hatred

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SRM posted:

Yeah, I think it captures him perfectly, even if it's not quite as exciting as say Curze's pose. I think this model looks incredible.

God you 'ham right.

Jesus Christmas. Overwatch at full BS? That's... kinda BS :v:

Nah, I think it's okay for Dark Angels because in some situations it'll be incredible, while in a lot it will be utterly worthless. I'm curious what gives/gets Grim Resolve in the codex.

Grim resolve was their version of chapter tactics wasn't it? Gave their models stubborn and hatred of chaos? Or am I thinking of something else.

• Locked thread