Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
doing the kirkhammer jumping attack is super satisfying in a way that other weapons cant match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

01011001 posted:

most of the 2h l2's i can think of are extremely good, or at least fairly useful relative to the rest of the moveset

dno about that.. the only button i press with the beast claws equipped is r1 or backstep + r1 :D

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

doing the kirkhammer jumping attack is super satisfying in a way that other weapons cant match

jumping attacks my favourite attacks in every souls game. what they did to them in ds2 was a crime even if they were intensely powerful in ds1

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

01011001 posted:

does he only have the one heal?

yeah a patch changed it so the npc hunters only get one heal iirc

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
cool. i got a blood rock for beating the last boss of a cursed + rotted + fetid pthumeru ihyll dungeon (BLB). and my first abyssal gem

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

THE PENETRATOR posted:

ive heard that the retarded language they speak in miyazaki's country doesnt have gendered nonspecific pronouns like "he" or "she"... not going to look it up though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i've had him heal twice on me, which i thought npc hunters couldn't do

anyway, i'm a little drunk, so i'm going to try UDG until i merk him

i have found that souls games are like a foreign language in that when you are a little tipsy you stop worrying about the details of the mechanics and just let the game flow through you, and you easily destroy obstacles that used to confound you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

cool. i got a blood rock for beating the last boss of a cursed + rotted + fetid pthumeru ihyll dungeon (BLB). and my first abyssal gem

Congrats. Personally, I got to level 18 in Splatoon last night and then fell asleep for 11 hours

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

dno about that.. the only button i press with the beast claws equipped is r1 or backstep + r1 :D

L2 builds beasthood way faster and hits a wider area. idk what beasthood buildup looks like after the patch though so it may not be as necessary anymore

Dec 26, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

yeah a patch changed it so the npc hunters only get one heal iirc

good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Congrats. Personally, I got to level 18 in Splatoon last night and then fell asleep for 11 hours

Congratulations on the healthy sleep

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

i have found that souls games are like a foreign language in that when you are a little tipsy you stop worrying about the details of the mechanics and just let the game flow through you, and you easily destroy obstacles that used to confound you.

I beat the Lost Sinner in DS2 while being interrupted by an important phone call, so I could only half pay attention. Definitely some Zen or otherwise mysterious Oriental thing going on there.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

Congratulations on the healthy sleep

11 hours is some good rear end sleep

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks all, I needed it to get my sleep schedule back on track; had a frightening moment when j woke up at 3am and couldn't feel my arm because I fell asleep on it and had to use my other arm to pump it like an old water pump to get blood flowing to it again.

Anyway I haven't gotten any further in chalice stuff because I booted the game up last night and remembered I needed to find or farm some ritual blood to open the ailing loran dungeon and I wasn't in the mood. I'll get the plat some day

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I hate farming chalice mats, especially since they broke down a lot of them into like 10 tiers of bullshit...

TOMB MOLD 4 x 15
RITUAL BLOOD 5 x 9
Etc

Wish you could break down or combine them, or bloodstone for that matter

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I get all pumped up from killing a final layer boss that was hard only to find I can't make a new chalice because I'm missing 1 baby arm and my magic blood is too powerful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I hate farming chalice mats, especially since they broke down a lot of them into like 10 tiers of bullshit...

TOMB MOLD 4 x 15
RITUAL BLOOD 5 x 9
Etc

Wish you could break down or combine them, or bloodstone for that matter

It's dumb and idk why they did it...should have made the only require the chalice and then have the mats be usable for the optional modifiers (which actually is a neat idea)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I get all pumped up from killing a final layer boss that was hard only to find I can't make a new chalice because I'm missing 1 baby arm and my magic blood is too powerful

Its lovely. .. they need to make it insight shop after you find 1 of it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if u search the dungeons properly they have all the materials for the next dungeon in. like basically the exact amount

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

if u search the dungeons properly they have all the materials for the next dungeon in. like basically the exact amount

Sometimes this happens and sometimes I've explored everything and I'm like one or two away because I didn't get a drop. The big guys guarding the switch on a given level seem to always drop something, but it doesn't seem to be guaranteed

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

jumping attacks my favourite attacks in every souls game. what they did to them in ds2 was a crime even if they were intensely powerful in ds1

i picked DS1 back up so i could fight Gwyn and get pumped up for DS3, and i think i killed him with like 5 jumping attacks with the black knight halberd

heavy weapons and big hits felt so great in ds1 and im stoked for their return

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought a ps4 and they gave me bloodbourne for free today

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

We call that buy win get win free

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Congrats.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm ready to game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

frank.club posted:

i hope you enjoy your bloodborne experience. quite thrilling.

Dec 26, 2012

frank.club posted:

hell yeah

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I picked the cane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I picked the cane

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the cane is good fun

Dec 26, 2012

frank.club posted:

I picked the cane

you chose well

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy crap!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

frank.club posted:

Holy crap!

what

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Holy crap!

Well?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was watching a video of a person new to the series fight the cleric demon, and they shot it in the head until it staggered and then did viscerals. i've never approached that fight that way at all, and it's like ten times hard then just hitting it in its legs. but it's cool that there's so much variation.

also, i wonder if new people having trouble with that fight is because they back off and don't get right in its guts to hit it, because nearly all of its attacks only work from that angle

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i was watching a video of a person new to the series fight the cleric demon, and they shot it in the head until it staggered and then did viscerals. i've never approached that fight that way at all, and it's like ten times hard then just hitting it in its legs. but it's cool that there's so much variation.

also, i wonder if new people having trouble with that fight is because they back off and don't get right in its guts to hit it, because nearly all of its attacks only work from that angle

yea i just hack at its legs. its less effort. its actually faster too if you dont get hit

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

frank.club posted:

now thats a drat win right there.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I can't go back to playing dark souls

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I heard ds3 is gonna have different weapon forms or styles, it'd be pretty cool if they made that work like the transforms for weapons in bloodborne where you can switch mid fight or even mid combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
full disclosure I thought the l1 was just like a show off move on my cane for 10 minutes