Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

GunnerJ posted:

Scriptdragon is kinda sketchy from what I have heard. There's another mod that does sort of the same thing without SD: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28448/

I see! Is it "doesn't work at all" sketchy, or "I need to lock all my bank accounts right now" sketchy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

BattleCattle posted:

I see! Is it "doesn't work at all" sketchy, or "I need to lock all my bank accounts right now" sketchy?

The former.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

Script Dragon was useful back in the early days of Skyrim modding when SKSE didn't have certain features like key-press-detection yet. It got a bad reputation because Script Dragon can interfere with papyrus events, preventing them for firing. If I recall right though, this happens when you play with certain cracked executables.

Still, I'm pretty sure Script Dragon is abandoned by its creator and now that SKSE can do everything it can, there's really no reason to ever use Script Dragon.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I can't guarantee this would work but, I had trouble running Java based applications too through Mod Organizer. It seems the latest version has a faulty hook.dll file so download a previous version of Mod Organizer and replace your current hook.dll with that. It worked for me then.

If it still doesn't work then the only other thing I suggest is that you're running the 32 bit version of Java, Mod Organizer is a 32 bit program and won't recognize 64 bit installations of Java.

The newest version of MO(1.3.7) seems to have fixed the skyproc tools issues.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Danaru posted:

Are there any mods that start the main quest off after the High Hrothgar bullshit? My biggest barrier to starting a new game is having to listen to the drat greybeards drone on AGAIN before I can start shouting things off cliffs.

You can download a save that does this...
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=43

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Raygereio posted:

Still, I'm pretty sure Script Dragon is abandoned by its creator and now that SKSE can do everything it can, there's really no reason to ever use Script Dragon.

There's still some poo poo out there that relies on it, and from what I've heard, it is more responsive than SKSE (i.e., a SD version of a dodge mod will nearly instantly move your character, there's a delay you have to account for with the SKSE version).

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Does anyone know of or could give me a quick rundown of current ENB stuff? The Nexus pages aren't bad but they don't really lay things out clearly.

I tried a few out (Realvision, Project) but they either seemed off (working, but not right) or just not worth the performance hit. I feel like I'm definitely missing something though because I basically have no idea what I'm doing when installing/configuring them.

Also, the lighting mod (ELFX) mostly just made everything seem darker. Is that a normal effect or, again, am I missing something?

Last thing, in my last save I was having a pretty constant shadow/light flickering problem where panning my camera would make specific objects and light sources flicker on and off. It got to the point I just redid my whole installation and mod list. I'm assuming it was related to playing with those visual mods and then removing them piecemeal; I don't think it was directly related to the 4 shadowed light sources thing either, because it was happening to specific items, like a certain bench, pillar, or chest on screen.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 15, 2015

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Holy poo poo, the new Wrye Bash sucks up all the million and one tiny patches, this is beautiful.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

What version and where did you get it?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

306.0.22, don't even remember installing it :v:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Agents are GO! posted:

I posted it a few pages back but here is the latest development thread.

Its certainly coming along nicely, although be aware that it is still a development version, but it can turn a 300+ ESP install into a 230 ESP install.

e: There is also a complete refactor of the code here:

https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 16, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Mazz posted:

Does anyone know of or could give me a quick rundown of current ENB stuff? The Nexus pages aren't bad but they don't really lay things out clearly.

I tried a few out (Realvision, Project) but they either seemed off (working, but not right) or just not worth the performance hit. I feel like I'm definitely missing something though because I basically have no idea what I'm doing when installing/configuring them.

Also, the lighting mod (ELFX) mostly just made everything seem darker. Is that a normal effect or, again, am I missing something?

Last thing, in my last save I was having a pretty constant shadow/light flickering problem where panning my camera would make specific objects and light sources flicker on and off. It got to the point I just redid my whole installation and mod list. I'm assuming it was related to playing with those visual mods and then removing them piecemeal; I don't think it was directly related to the 4 shadowed light sources thing either, because it was happening to specific items, like a certain bench, pillar, or chest on screen.

I think 99% ENB presets suck. The lighting in the game is good out-of-the-box, though perhaps a bit too conservative brightness and contrast wise to make it look decent on Joe Random Skyrim player's lovely TV.

My recommendation is just to get the stock ENB config, set
pre:
UseOriginalPostProcessing=true
to turn off any most of Boris' "artistic vision" and then turn on whatever other cool extra effects you like. This page has some handy comparison screenshots that can help you to figure out what the different options do. The only strong recommendations I have is to set UseOriginalPostProcessing to true and EnableSkyLighting to false.

For reference, the [EFFECT] section on my enbseries.ini (the only real changes I've made) looks like this:

pre:
[EFFECT]
UseOriginalPostProcessing=true
UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=true
EnableBloom=false
EnableLens=false
EnableAdaptation=true
EnableDepthOfField=false
EnableAmbientOcclusion=false
EnableDetailedShadow=true
EnableSunRays=true
EnableSunGlare=true
EnableSkyLighting=false
EnableImageBasedLighting=true
EnableReflection=true
EnableSoftParticles=true
EnableParticleLights=true
EnableSubSurfaceScattering=true
EnableWater=true
EnableUnderwater=true
EnableCloudShadows=true
EnableVolumetricRays=true
EnableProceduralSun=true
EnableMist=true
Edit: Also if you're using ENB, SMIM and ELFX together, get this mod as well. It fixes some serious performance issues in places like Jorrvaskr.

Smol fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 16, 2015

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I just found out via the skyrim wiki that the number of spell tomes available at shops scales with Destruction. That seems dumb as hell. Does SPERG fix that? I tend to shy away from destruction magic, and I'd like to get higher level conjuration stuff without being gated off by something I don't feel like using.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
It's per school, so you only need 75 destruction to unlock high level destruction books. If all you want is conjuration, then those books will unlock for you at 75 conjuration. SPERG doesn't change it, but it does 'document' the functionality by describing it in the appropriate autoperks.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Oh! That's fine, then. That'll teach me for taking a wiki at face value.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Gyshall posted:

I posted it a few pages back but here is the latest development thread.

Its certainly coming along nicely, although be aware that it is still a development version, but it can turn a 300+ ESP install into a 230 ESP install.

e: There is also a complete refactor of the code here:

https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash

I need to do more testing but the profile where I used this version of Wrye Bash for my bashed patch has a really bad case of the random crashes. It's identical to another profile except for how I handled patching so I need to see if the problem persists (1) in that other profile (2) if I deactivate my merged patch (3) if I use the old version to make my bashed patch. But uh, it's the "biggest" change to my load order so I'm a bit concerned.

eta: After reverting to a profile that was using 305, the crashes kept happening, so it's some other plugin. Now to figure out which one! :shepicide:

eta2: welp, it was setting ugrids to 7.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 18, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

BattleCattle posted:

Oh! That's fine, then. That'll teach me for taking a wiki at face value.

Which wiki was it? UESP usually has more or less correct information, the others (wikia etc.) not so much.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Stupid question time: I'm cleaning up Dawnguard through TESV Edit and I get an .esm file in the Overwrite folder (which I assume is the cleaned .esm)

What should I do with the file?

EDIT: I also have a folder with a backup file but I'll keep that on hand in case something happens.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 19, 2015

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Smol posted:

Which wiki was it? UESP usually has more or less correct information, the others (wikia etc.) not so much.

I didn't know at the time, but it was the Wikia one.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1acVhRVOt4o

:stare:

I guess it was only a matter of time.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

How do you limit the gaining of perk points with SKSE community uncapper? The readme explains how to increase the gaining of perk points and how to set them for specific levels, but I'm not sure how to make it so that I gain one point every other level. It looks like the only way to do that would be to manually set level 2 to give me 1 point, level 3 to give me 0, level 4 to give me one, etc. Surely there's a better way?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Set it to give .5 perks per level.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Makes sense. Danke.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

GunnerJ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1acVhRVOt4o

:stare:

I guess it was only a matter of time.

holy poo poo

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Reinstalled Skyrim and running into two weird issues, not sure if it's modrelated or not.

1. Enemies are flipping out and pathing weirdly, hopping up 5 feet at a time, especially wolves/etc. Any idea what causes this?

2. Intermittently in some areas I get these weird flashes of light grey over the whole screen, seems to be mostly near waterfalls.

Here's my load order/modlist for context. Edit: Holy list batman, link instead.

http://pastebin.com/y8gxyqmr

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Apologies if this has been answered before, but how can I make the EFF follower command spell work with SPERG's best friend? It seemingly doesn't by default.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Has anyone had any issues with stuff from Immersive Armors having missing textures? Seems like half the poo poo from that mod is shiny purple in game but TES5Edit does not show any reason why that would be, it has a listing for the file it needs and the file exists (in contrast to the IA Wolf Shield which has an error in the female model entry which makes Ria spawn with a shiny purple shield a lot).

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

I had that problem. I just enabled the extra BSA that comes with it and it went away.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Emong posted:

I had that problem. I just enabled the extra BSA that comes with it and it went away.

Ah, I had noticed that it was deactivated when I was looking into this and hadn't had a chance to test it yet. Seemed odd because the "missing" textures are all supposedly in the main BSA, but if it works, it works. Thanks!

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Decided nuking my old install and starting over was a better bet than coming back after about a year and trying to find fixes for problems from then. Going to recreate my Orcish bard-b(e)arian, who uses a 2H and carries a lute and wears a bear head, but I can't find whatever I used for bear head armor before. It was some mod that gives you light/heavy options in different colors, plus wolf heads. Sound familiar?

e: found it already, Call of the North
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29040/

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Turns out this is a weird vsync bug with high framerate and skyrim.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

kedo posted:

Apologies if this has been answered before, but how can I make the EFF follower command spell work with SPERG's best friend? It seemingly doesn't by default.

You might be able to use EFF's Mind Control spell to do that - it automatically kicks any NPC into EFF's system so you can issue commands via the menu instead of through dialogue.

That said, Best Friend allegedly has a bunch of other functionality like sending them back to sell goods and I have no idea how, if at all, that would work with EFF

Saint Sputnik posted:

Decided nuking my old install and starting over was a better bet than coming back after about a year and trying to find fixes for problems from then. Going to recreate my Orcish bard-b(e)arian, who uses a 2H and carries a lute and wears a bear head, but I can't find whatever I used for bear head armor before. It was some mod that gives you light/heavy options in different colors, plus wolf heads. Sound familiar?

e: found it already, Call of the North
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29040/

I think Immersive Armors had something like that too

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Anybody have experience installing the latest RealVision ENB within Mod Organizer? Looking for some step by step instructions that make sense. The broken english of the installer is really throwing me for a loop, it is now "automated" (but not really), and I'm just kind of at a loss with what to do. It's been awhile since I modded Skyrim. I managed to get ENB working a year ago but completely forgot my process.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Siets posted:

Anybody have experience installing the latest RealVision ENB within Mod Organizer? Looking for some step by step instructions that make sense. The broken english of the installer is really throwing me for a loop, it is now "automated" (but not really), and I'm just kind of at a loss with what to do. It's been awhile since I modded Skyrim. I managed to get ENB working a year ago but completely forgot my process.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/

Scroll to the installation section. Are these the instructions you're using? That seems pretty well laid out to me.
Is there a specific step you're having issues with?

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

That said, Best Friend allegedly has a bunch of other functionality like sending them back to sell goods and I have no idea how, if at all, that would work with EFF

Hmmm. Yeah I've been wondering about that. Opening a chat dialogue with the animal only offers the default EFF options. Not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Falcon2001 posted:

Turns out this is a weird vsync bug with high framerate and skyrim.

What, the poltergeist tableware didn't make you think something was amiss? My peeve that got me to seek help was how swimming put me in a quantum state between "surfaced" and "submerged" so I'd switch between the two 358275902328 times per second whenever I was in water.

But yeah don't let the FPS get too high. Paranormal stuff starts happening above 60 per second, but personally I don't have much trouble at all until it goes above 70 or so.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

So I've developed an issue. My level progress bar has maxed out and is now stuck there. Every skill-up just triggers that usual "use the skills menu to level up" reminder, but nothing else happens.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

What mods do I need for a decent unarmed combat experience? It will need to play nice with SPERG.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Curious what people's opinions are on Skryim Reborn vs Requiem as an overhaul experience? I know they are both trying to do different things.

Requiem appeals to me because of the de-leveled approach to the gameworld's design. I enjoy the classic progression found in older RPGs. I guess I'm wondering if people found that aspect of the overhaul mod to be well-done when playing through Requiem or if it breaks the game more than we think? If so, as a person who has never actually completed the main story in Skyrim due to always wandering too far off the rails, I was thinking maybe playing through with Skyrim Reborn might be a good option as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

kedo posted:

Hmmm. Yeah I've been wondering about that. Opening a chat dialogue with the animal only offers the default EFF options. Not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing.

The EFF menu should have an option to choose "Talk," which should then take you to the SPERG functionality. Again, though, no idea how the AI governing that is going to mesh with the follower AI from EFF.

• Locked thread