Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Chileans are yelling "puto" on goal kicks. they have become lower human garbage than mexicans, who at least contributed to humanity with tacos and fajitas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Bolivia are bad, that defender just sliding so ineffectively lol

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
lol that defender

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Ka0 posted:

Chileans are yelling "puto" on goal kicks. they have become lower human garbage than mexicans, who at least contributed to humanity with tacos and fajitas.

tacos would be crappy without chili if you think about it

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

lmao at that even going in

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
looked way nicer in the repetition

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Ka0 posted:

Fajitas are from Texas.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
used to be mexico

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
drat, "puto"? Might as well be Hitler in the stands.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Welp

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Lol nice goal

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Ahahahahahahaha

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

ban Bolivia from playing football altogether good grief

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Can someone explain the Neymar ban?

It was two games, then dropped to 1 and now it's up to 4?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Bolivia is going to play the next round and Venezuela isn't

gently caress this gay world

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Can someone explain the Neymar ban?

It was two games, then dropped to 1 and now it's up to 4?

He was on one game for two yellows, two were added for the headbutt, and he went into the tunnel and berated the ref as well (apparently it was even on camera). I don't know where the rumor of it dropping to one game came from

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Seltzer posted:

He was on one game for two yellows, two were added for the headbutt, and he went into the tunnel and berated the ref as well (apparently it was even on camera). I don't know where the rumor of it dropping to one game came from

The rules of the tournament say that his yellow card is cleared by the red card. People assumed it didn't and talked about two games out (one because of the yellow and one for the red). CONMEBOL said that he would be suspended for one game until the discipline comitee could determine how many games he would really get. Today the comitee decided on four games (violent conduct and also the ref said Neymar insulted him).

And that's pretty much it

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Wait CONMEBOL say Neymar can appeal this decision so it'll probably be lowered. Bacca can't appeal his two match ban

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lol Mexico is gay and sucks rear end. Already out of the "copa" gay frauds.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Neymar can appeal because the 4 match ban includes not only the headbutt, but also insulting the ref. But if he succeeds, the best he can do is reduce it from 4 to 3, which means that at best he could play in a final.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Insurrectionist posted:

Sure they have a chance of actually winning that but it's hardly on the same level of prestige as the Copa. Barely anyone outside NA even know about it really.

I think part of the reason for prioritizing the Gold Cup is the chance to play in the Confederations Cup. I bet the powers that be in Mexico preferred to have a shot at that rather than focusing on Chile where it was likely they didn't make it out of the group

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I don't understand how people don't understand prioritizing winning your own tournament over another one you get invited to on a whim. It's pretty loving simple.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 20, 2015

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Seltzer posted:

I don't understand how people don't understand prioritizing winning your own tournament over another one you get invited to on a whim. It's pretty loving simple.

Well one is a poo poo tournament with no competitive teams involved and the other is the oldest international football competition on the planet sooooo

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Seltzer posted:

Maybe if teams participated in actual competitive competittions instead of beating on island nations for 4 years mexico and the us would do better internationally. See also, australia.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

Well one is a poo poo tournament with no competitive teams involved and the other is the oldest international football competition on the planet sooooo

One is their own fed's tournament one isn't. Mexico isn't guaranteed a permanent Copa America spot so there's literally no point in trying anyways. Mexico wants to win the "poo poo tournament" because what does it say about them if they don't/they actually have rivalries with the teams involved.

joepinetree posted:

Maybe if teams participated in actual competitive competittions instead of beating on island nations for 4 years mexico and the us would do better internationally. See also, australia.

The USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica did better than Italy Portugal England and Spain in the last tournament that mattered. Should Australia be begging to join the Copa? Should they just expand it until it eventually becomes an offbrand WC?

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 20, 2015

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Seltzer posted:

The USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica did better than Italy Portugal England and Spain in the last tournament that mattered. Should Australia be begging to join the Copa? Should they just expand it until it eventually becomes an offbrand WC?

hosed up but true

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

5 minutes in and Abel Hernandez has already been booked.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Glad you posted that, I thought the Guay derby started in an hour.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

joepinetree posted:

Oh yeah the glorious competitive copa america that the players all definitely care about and aren't just going through the motions, hoping they can get back to a 1st world country without getting attacked by a stray dog.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
so many good headers

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Seltzer posted:

Mexico isn't guaranteed a permanent Copa America spot so there's literally no point in trying anyways

Except they pretty much are. There's a reason they are almost always invited back. And they'd certainly be invited back if they won the drat thing.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

African AIDS cum posted:

Oh yeah the glorious competitive copa america that the players all definitely care about and aren't just going through the motions, hoping they can get back to a 1st world country without getting attacked by a stray dog.
are you implying that there are no stray dogs in Brazil South Africa or Russia?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

trem_two posted:

Glad you posted that, I thought the Guay derby started in an hour.

fake and guay FAKE AND GUAY

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
1-1 another header lol

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I want Paraguay to win here

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
South American teams need to learn how to mark on corners imo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Seltzer posted:

The USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica did better than Italy Portugal England and Spain in the last tournament that mattered.

Hmmm I don't think these teams play in the Copa America friend.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This Copa owns so far. I hope Uruguay wins vs Paraguay because they're 100% ok with marijuana and even though i don't smoke it i like the idea of having a place i can go smoke it guilt free.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Mans posted:

This Copa owns so far. I hope Uruguay wins vs Paraguay because they're 100% ok with marijuana and even though i don't smoke it i like the idea of having a place i can go smoke it guilt free.

wouldn't it be cheaper for you to go to Holland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holland is in Europe you idiot :rolleyes:

• Locked thread