Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bishop01 posted:

Setting aside the fact that it loving stupid to do so. Is this game worth the 100$ buy in? Yes pre-ordering is bad and pre-ordering for double is even worse but I bought into archeage had shitloads of fun in alpha then cashed out for 500+, even if I didn't the alpha shenanigans were totally worth it. Do we know what the cash hop is going to look like? I am old school UO so, while skeptical, any game that can bring back a feel of that full loot amazingness is worth some cash.

whether you will find a game worth the 30, 50, or 100 is totally up to you

as far as the pay to win stuff goes, I don't think they've confirmed exactly whats in the cash shop currently

I will say that in winter alpha gold was way too useful and they devs actually really did listen to that and made adjustments that massively improved on it

I can't guarantee you that it won't be a p2w game, but they actually seem interested in listening to player feedback, so take that as you will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I'd bet on it being a 'pay-to-skip' game where you just reach better stuff faster through boosters or just flat out buying it, but it could be anything. Personally I avoid games where you pay for mechanics as a rule, even if they are obtainable for grind, unless it's extremely mild

However, if a game is free, you can't really expect them not to at least have that, only a few games have the population numbers to go pure cosmetic. Developers need to get paid somehow, etc etc

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
https://forums.albiongoons.com/

also reminding everyone that we have a forum and mumble already set up from the last alpha :toot:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i want slack access, friend

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also ill hop on mumble tonight

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we should all just chill on slack

its web based IRC but way better basically and we can shoot the poo poo

it would be fun

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Eonwe posted:

slack is a web based IRC but way better
:agreed:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

https://www.albiononline.com/en/

New website design up. Pretty :coffeepal:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that owns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
see post below

eonwe fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 19, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
In the event that people do come in and buy this, you are welcome to buy without a referral link or use someone elses referral link obviously, but this is my idea below:

I've decided that I am going to take the bonus gold I get for any of my referrals and do the following

Give 50% of it to the person who used my referral link
Remaining 50% goes into a pool of gold combined with any other gold from referrals I get and given to guild leader or officers (for improvement of the guild ONLY) or put in whatever kind of guild bank we have

I intend to earn 0 extra gold from this deal, its mostly meant to benefit the person buying the game as well as help the guild. No, I can't prove I'm giving every single bit of gold to the guild, but honestly, if I need to buy some gold for a game then it wouldn't be too big of an imposition for me. Not interested in scamming goons.

Essentially each person that uses my referral link would get the following bonus gold: 500 gold for veteran, 1000 for epic, and 2000 for legendary. The guild pool would also have that exact amount set aside as well.

https://albiononline.com/?ref=1QE5FPFWGD

eonwe fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 19, 2015

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

This game looks great and is certainly bringing back memories of UO.

I've not become a founder yet but I'm so close to becoming epic.

Quoting this so I can find it later, i'll sign up using this link.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
based on the goon thread many people are aware that Space Violence = Goons

just FYI

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Eonwe posted:

based on the goon thread many people are aware that Space Violence = Goons
, just FYI
Good!

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Biggz posted:

Nothing will top UO... I guess its why Im still playing it 18 years later.

The one thing about this game I dont get is that the biggest fights in the game are capped at 5v5? Am I reading that incorrectly?

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

FormerFatty posted:

Nothing will top UO... I guess its why Im still playing it 18 years later.

The one thing about this game I dont get is that the biggest fights in the game are capped at 5v5? Am I reading that incorrectly?

There's still regular day-to-day roaming and improvised engagements that don't have a size limit, like UO. Then there's also GvG battles which are specific, organized team battles which are used to invade/defend player owned territory.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
There are some pants-on-head level Drozana quality members in the AO forums. The pickings are ripe for summer Alpha! God's speed, gents

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
blazing zero i will accept an Albion sig similar to this

for my forum sig

thank you in advance

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
since the floodgates are open and people are reading this thread from their forums i humbly invite all of you to post there but dont touch the poop or out and out break rules

:justpost:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

blazing zero i will accept an Albion sig similar to this

for my forum sig

thank you in advance

please endeavor to make the text look as bad as it does on this sig too, thank you

eonwe fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 19, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Eonwe posted:

please endeavor to make the text look as bad as it does on this sig too, thank you

no prob, bob

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

maybe ill cut it up and rearrange it for extra shittyness in a v2. havent decided yet

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Blazing Zero posted:

maybe ill cut it up and rearrange it for extra shittyness in a v2. havent decided yet

God, it's beautiful.
Do a blank template so we can add in our own names and flare. We need to have the most obnoxious sigs on the official forums.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

no prob, bob

im literally in love with you

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Baldbeard posted:

God, it's beautiful.
Do a blank template so we can add in our own names and flare. We need to have the most obnoxious sigs on the official forums.
i emptied the black box too if you wanna put other poo poo in there. you can erase gewnsquad easily and put whatever up there as well, or i can.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i forced a white background behind mine because i think its fitting

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Biggz posted:

I also almost missed this. Yea, sounds good. I think it tells you who subbed and at what level, so I'll get you your gold on launch.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Please remember to keep goodposting in the grrgoons threads on AO official!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i saw another sig that needed an awful touch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

i saw another sig that needed an awful touch

i

uh

i appreciate your work on the other sig but when i get home I might do this one :catstare:

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Thanks.

I'll wait and see what we decide on for the guild name.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Try not to turn people off to the game, it's hard enough launching a sandbox that people want to play without pubbies being corpse camped lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its just signatures

if anything they are being mean because they take forums super serious and trying to turn people away from the game and we're just responding in a silly way

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the mods and staff on the albion forums have an actual sense of humor what the gently caress

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Here I was wondering if they were going to have a poo poo fit over that sig. Guess not!

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Eonwe has elevated shitposting into an art form. He's taken to the AO forums, and I fear for the pubbies there.
Take me under your wing senpai.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my advice

just type what comes into your head never hit backspace and :justpost:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Eonwe posted:

the mods and staff on the albion forums have an actual sense of humor what the gently caress
Quoted for anyone still having doubts about this game

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Eonwe some of the staff read this thread..

..and post in it..

:tinfoil:

(they're goons)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FireWhizzle posted:

Eonwe some of the staff read this thread..

..and post in it..

:tinfoil:

(they're goons)

I knew of the one, didn't know about more

• Locked thread