Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CzarChasm posted:

Wow, this took my brain way too long to process.

Yeah I still don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

RatHat posted:

Yeah I still don't get it.

The leftmost "leg" is a pot of some kind.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

I didn't even notice that plant at first, everything about the construction is abysmal: much too narrow, to the point where I'm fairly sure they don't make wheelchairs that would fit on it, and even if you have a superslim wheelchair you'd still have that loving bannister in your ear, and even if you by some miracle could actually go on the ramp it's much too steep to go down safely, or to go up unmotorized. The plant is really just the cherry on top

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

You like scabby "patties" don't you Squidward?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Some kids are born with a silver spoon, and some kids are born with this.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Can moon dude be avatarized? Not for me, I just think it's great.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

#teamstannis

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Answer the phone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTJIHkMFTHk

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I would like to see someone try to skate down that. A mountain bike could probably do it no problem, but not a skateboard.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I would like to see someone try to skate down that. A mountain bike could probably do it no problem, but not a skateboard.

They could probably go down that ramp on a skateboard once, but after that they'd have to use it properly.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
More in that vein: http://imgur.com/a/J3ttg?gallery

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

wayfinder posted:

I didn't even notice that plant at first, everything about the construction is abysmal: much too narrow, to the point where I'm fairly sure they don't make wheelchairs that would fit on it,

That's because it's actually a unicycle ramp, not a handicapped ramp.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

I'd love to know where all of these are. A lot are in Eastern Europe judging by most of the architecture and lettering you can see. Surely the people working on these projects know that something is wrong.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But there are some that are clearly in the US, and they're the kind of thing that I'd expect to be on travel websites like SEE THE INCREDIBLE BEST WESTERN HOTEL WITH A SINGLE WINDOW AT A 40° ANGLE!!!

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Bored posted:

That's because it's actually a unicycle ramp, not a handicapped ramp.

Alright, the aspiring handicapped.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Man, Grover really branched out.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

New Leaf posted:

I'd love to know where all of these are. A lot are in Eastern Europe judging by most of the architecture and lettering you can see. Surely the people working on these projects know that something is wrong.

Yeah, like, the backwards roadsigns or things off in alignment I can kinda understand as a whoops, but so many of these seem deliberately awful, like they were just trying to piss someone off, or they truly didn't give a gently caress about their job.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Ask yourself: Am I at the top looking down, or at the bottom looking up?

I am asking myself why are her feet backwards

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Not My Leg posted:

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

"It started leaking so I put some tape on it to make it stop but the tape came off"

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

New Leaf posted:

Eastern Europe

Choco1980 posted:

truly didn't give a gently caress about their job.
There you go.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

To be fair, if this was designed for strollers, then it could work. It'd be many accidents waiting to happen, but I can see the overall concept.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

This is one of my own personal contenders for funniest image on the internet. It just represents the ultimate "we're hosed" moment, where things are so massively hosed and un-fuckable that you can only be resigned to how absurdly hosed you are.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

The two bridge alignment pictures, I am guessing, are fakes... Right?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I feel like they must be.

But this...

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

To be fair, if this was designed for strollers, then it could work. It'd be many accidents waiting to happen, but I can see the overall concept.

That is what it is for, or at least what I've seen it used for. Strollers and the little collapsable carts that grandma uses to haul her groceries home on the subway.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

But this...

China dawt jay peg.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Data Graham posted:

But this...

I love nail houses because it's seems so unlike China in every way. You can be executed for embarrassing the state in a mobile death lab, but they can't move someone out of their home that would be wrong!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Also bicycles

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

Also bicycles

And roller blades.

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

We have something similar to haul things up the stairs on hand trucks. I've seen moving companies use them as well, but those aren't installed permanently.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bored posted:

And roller blades.

Oh thanks for that mental trauma.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

I love everything about this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUMNLVtFj60

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Poor little guy. Hope it's not hot out and he has water. Wonder if he came back for more floor wine after that. That video led me to this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfjRhMe0Wlo

Also a poor little guy/girl. But it figured out the purpose of an umbrella.

flu-like symptoms
Jul 27, 2006
shiny

Price is Right showcases are getting weird.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Goodpancakes posted:

The two bridge alignment pictures, I am guessing, are fakes... Right?

It's believable. I know there is/was a bridge near NYC where that happened. I think one of the bridges going across the Florida Keys had that happen, too (which looks like where one of the pictures was taken).

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

One of the related videos :kimchi: :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z95nXbfv-4

(8 min of curious baby racoons, 1 min of nasty hair knot thing)

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

I'm pretty sure this is actually earthquake damage.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Viscous Soda posted:

I'm pretty sure this is actually earthquake damage.

Yup, that is indeed what an earthquake'll do to railroad tracks. Amazing, isn't it? :allears:

• Locked thread