Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
The amount of negative utility a bad player with a mic has is amazing. They will seriously call "ALL LONG" and I will get killed from a dude at B rotating within seconds of the call. If you have a mic, for the love of all that is holy, report the actual number or underestimate if you aren't sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
My first goonmans memory is mini asking "Long? What long? How many long? All, some? 'Long' is not a call." Comms is important, although I recently listened to some comms from Katowice pro teams and they weren't exactly what I was expecting. There was a lot more pep talk and planning than actual in-game calls, but I guess generally they're paying a lot better attention to where shots are from and depending on who was killed, where that was.

J
Jun 10, 2001

On the topic of calls, if you haven't fixed your radar settings so that you can see the entire map, for the love of god go do it. It helps clarify people's calls so much.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Area, count, countLit. damage(litPlayers).

I did my first CEVO pug. about a 10% success with the client but once the actual game started, not bad.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
how to balance the m4s: swap their recoil patterns

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

J posted:

On the topic of calls, if you haven't fixed your radar settings so that you can see the entire map, for the love of god go do it. It helps clarify people's calls so much.

Can you give a rundown of the appropriate settings and their console commands please? Since it's not in the OP.

stranger danger
May 24, 2006

d3rt posted:

Can you give a rundown of the appropriate settings and their console commands please? Since it's not in the OP.

cl_radar_always_centered "0"
cl_radar_scale "0.3"
cl_hud_radar_scale "1.15"
cl_radar_icon_scale_min "1"
cl_radar_rotate "1"

I c/p'ed these from some site, the only one I've thought about changing is the last.

VoiceOfIntuition
Apr 11, 2009

Geschwafel posted:

My first goonmans memory is mini asking "Long? What long? How many long? All, some? 'Long' is not a call." Comms is important, although I recently listened to some comms from Katowice pro teams and they weren't exactly what I was expecting. There was a lot more pep talk and planning than actual in-game calls, but I guess generally they're paying a lot better attention to where shots are from and depending on who was killed, where that was.

I don't remember giving comm tips like that tho, and if I have to guess that's probably mcvey (because long is definitely a call and he just likes to whine)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

VoiceOfIntuition posted:

I don't remember giving comm tips like that tho, and if I have to guess that's probably mcvey (because long is definitely a call and he just likes to whine)

"Long" is the call when you want someone to know that long is one of the areas on dust2.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

"Long" is the call when you want someone to know that long is one of the areas on dust2.

If long isn't a call why is this important? :smug:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Holy poo poo, how is the scoreboard bug still in the game

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
s1mple is going apeshit and just knifed shox at starladder :allears:

http://www.twitch.tv/starladder_cs_en

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Elysiume posted:

Holy poo poo, how is the scoreboard bug still in the game

Change your resolution once and it'll fix itself

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Geschwafel posted:

NIP comms were fascinating. Everything is said calmly and usually just once. A huge amount of pep talk at start of the round, i thought that was really cool.

Yeah and gently caress off with calls like "Long" and "B". Is it that hard to say "3 B with bomb"?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Anybody doing more overwatch cases since the change? I've done about 12 , found 2 or 3 cheaters, a griefer and a shitload of smurfs. Its really boring.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
GuardiaN just scouted two people in the head in one shot through long doors in dust2

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Carol Pizzamom posted:

GuardiaN just scouted two people in the head in one shot through long doors in dust2

I've done that, except it was 3 people with an awp.

Clearly that means I'm better than GuardiaN.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
you know that vid of the guy 1 deaging all 5 t's down mid in one shot in 1.6???? im the guy shooting the deagle in that vid

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ran into 4 poo poo teams in a row (topfragged the server and still lost all games handily), deranked and now I'm dropping 40+ bombs. Cool.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

...so then you'll get your rank back in no time? poo poo happens!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

d3rt posted:

I have a normal set of vars for it, and when I bring up my scoreboard it also zooms out the radar so I can see everything.

bind "TAB" "+details"
alias "+details" "+showscores; cl_radar_scale 0.25; cl_radar_always_centered 0"
alias "-details" "-showscores; cl_radar_scale 0.5; cl_radar_always_centered 1"

Tweak to your tastes, but I find it's very helpful to have a slightly zoomed out from defaults version for more finesse while having a quick way to check the entire map for question marks or enemy dots or a dropped bomb

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

...so then you'll get your rank back in no time? poo poo happens!

Yeah I ain't worried. Just think it's funny how big the difference between ranks is.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Xenaero posted:

I have a normal set of vars for it, and when I bring up my scoreboard it also zooms out the radar so I can see everything.

bind "TAB" "+details"
alias "+details" "+showscores; cl_radar_scale 0.25; cl_radar_always_centered 0"
alias "-details" "-showscores; cl_radar_scale 0.5; cl_radar_always_centered 1"

Tweak to your tastes, but I find it's very helpful to have a slightly zoomed out from defaults version for more finesse while having a quick way to check the entire map for question marks or enemy dots or a dropped bomb

Wow, how did I not think of this? Thanks!

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.
I don't know what to put here.
good game guys!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Decided to try CS:GO again. Does anyone recommend warming up on maps like this?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Google Butt posted:

Decided to try CS:GO again. Does anyone recommend warming up on maps like this?

Personally I don't feel like I get that much out of killing bots. I prefer something like training_aim_csgo followed by just any good dm server

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

dex_sda posted:

ran into 4 poo poo teams in a row (topfragged the server and still lost all games handily), deranked and now I'm dropping 40+ bombs. Cool.

deranking is actually good because you get to poo poo on fools for a little while, why the gently caress complain about it

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
This is a pretty flashy popflash I've started using on cache. Maybe you too should use it, only with better timing, aim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zCke1JUs-0

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

deranking is actually good because you get to poo poo on fools for a little while, why the gently caress complain about it

That wasn't sarcastic, I liked it. Ranked up again already, sadly.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
The amount of players we've been "in for" and "following up on" so far this window without actually signing anyone is staggering

e: not even the wrong thread, I'm in the wrong forum

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

kcer posted:

The amount of players we've been "in for" and "following up on" so far this window without actually signing anyone is staggering

e: not even the wrong thread, I'm in the wrong forum

Geez I thought I was crazy for a second and had clicked on the transfer thread.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
What's the appropriate call if you hear enemies but don't know how many or anything? "Footsteps"?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

prom candy posted:

What's the appropriate call if you hear enemies but don't know how many or anything? "Footsteps"?

just use any word that gives an idea (one, a few, multiple, a gently caress load of)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

prom candy posted:

Just call "one" because you know there is one for sure and everything else is speculation.

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

prom candy posted:

I usually call "steps b". sometimes it's pretty clearly a full rush, and then its pretty safe to say "rush b." I try to be as specific as possible, so if they're spamming AK shots through the smoke and I hear footsteps I'll say something like "steps b, spamming through smoke"

I also call nades and stuff, especially if they've used 2 or more smokes specifically for a take (like if they smoke off quad and truck on cache A, it's probably time to rotate).

I hate hearing "they smoked mid" on maps like cache. tell me if they smoked mid at highway or if they smoked Z connector or if they've laid down smokes for a vents rush...

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

prom candy posted:

If it's one, call one. If you hear more than one at the same time say at least two. One could be a lurk but two means it's either a split or a push. Both ways it's solid info.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Never overcall or you're the idiot calling "all mid" and then one of your guys gets shot in the back because there were only three enemies mid.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Never overcall or you're the idiot calling "all mid" and then one of your guys gets shot in the back because there were only three enemies mid.

Literally this x10000. Don't be that guy and then when your teammate bitches at you for being an rear end in a top hat and overcalling, don't blame them, you will just piss everyone off.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Can anyone recommend some good streams? Wading through the sea of people opening cases got old pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Elysiume posted:

Can anyone recommend some good streams? Wading through the sea of people opening cases got old pretty quickly.

I don't know poo poo but daZed streams a lot

• Locked thread