Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Why wouldn't he just call the police himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Coffee beans aren't beans, they're actually beans! Mars isn't actually red, it just appears red due to all the red rust on its surface!! All this and more, in this week's Ripley's Tautologize It Or Do!!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Phantom doesn't have his jungle drums with him so he has to use his mobile phone.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

Look at how they coddle kids these days, kindergarten graduation? Do they give them trophies for showing up to class too? And the crap they like to watch, robots that turn into cars, "He-Man," all terrible. Would force them to watch something good, like Clutch Cargo, or Roger Ramjet, if I could find a channel that showed it.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Mike du Jour

:effort:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 19, 1928)

Pogo (June 20, 1957)

He swallowed tobacco to catch the fly. I don't know why he swallowed the fly. I guess he'll die.

Peanuts: The Year Of The Linus (September 22-24, 1952)

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

In which Charlie Brown gets loving dunked on

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

In which Charlie Brown gets loving dunked on

They should just call it 'gently caress You, Charlie Brown.'

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Haha, yep. Boy have I ever been there. Slice of life, I tell you what. Good comic. :) Like, share, and comment if you agree. :):)

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I just get the distinct impression that Phantom is the kind of vigilante who'd hand criminals to the police along with a leaflet that points out which areas of the body don't bruise. I'm not even sure why he's a vigilante, the way he operates. He could easily get away with any of that poo poo in an actual, if corrupt, police force.

Real police don't get to rule a jungle empire from a cave shaped like a skull. :colbert:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Aardmania posted:

I think I have a better use for that last panel.

Something to really clean that taste out of your mouth:

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

I'm hoping that Brooke didn't intend for these strips to be paired together.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Wow! It's amazing how all these long ongoing storylines are converging at this very moment, affording us the opportunity to retain one and possibly a few other colorful new characters we're sure you'll grow to love!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

That is one excited dog.

9 Chickweed Lane 6/21/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That's Racist! :mad:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
[b]Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons[/b[

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul de sac this is how mad max got his start.

Poptropica

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kliban

That is one excited dog.

Oh yeah? Well, where's its waggly tail, then, huh? :colbert:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set can't be bothered to remember everything.

Working Daze forgot to tell a joke.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix reminds me I am six years old.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Green Intern posted:

That's Racist! :mad:

Yeah, sounds like they need to Walk a Mile in Those Shoes Comix.

Pooch Café

Good thing their local pulley store didn't close down.

Ballard Street

You've got that backwards. Once he gets away from your negativity, that act is going to be a smash.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 20, 1928)

Peanuts (June 21, 1968)

Everything's Coming Up Milhouse Mopey Pete

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
This whole yoga story is predicated on the premise that Skip would not immediately try and get in her yoga class to creep on women doing downward facing dog. Skip probably has a hard drive full of that poo poo.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Nazi und Sluggo, created by Ernst Büschmiller

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I skipped a whole lot of Rip Haywire and understand that he was married and about to have a kid with Breezy, but did some OMD-level poo poo to prevent the apocalypse so now it's as if nothing's ever happened. But does Rip remember everything? Is there an endgame to this or is it just them redoing the entire thing but with an added layer of fourth-wall breaking?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Calaveron posted:

I skipped a whole lot of Rip Haywire and understand that he was married and about to have a kid with Breezy, but did some OMD-level poo poo to prevent the apocalypse so now it's as if nothing's ever happened.
Yes.

quote:

But does Rip remember everything?
Yes.

quote:

Is there an endgame to this or is it just them redoing the entire thing but with an added layer of fourth-wall breaking?
No idea.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Short version: Rip is the only one who remembers everything, and he's using that knowledge to get the pieces of his life back on the table.

e: And as Parahexavoctal points out, that's probably going to lead to complications.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 19, 2015

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Calaveron posted:

I skipped a whole lot of Rip Haywire and understand that he was married and about to have a kid with Breezy, but did some OMD-level poo poo to prevent the apocalypse so now it's as if nothing's ever happened. But does Rip remember everything? Is there an endgame to this or is it just them redoing the entire thing but with an added layer of fourth-wall breaking?

From what I can tell: he remembers everything, and is trying to force things to happen more quickly. Thus, he's gone to meet Breezy too early: at this point in her life, she was still with her previous boyfriend (who turned out to be treasonous scum, but still).

He's been treating both Cobra and Breezy like he's known them for ages, even though from their perspective he's just met them that very day. He might well expect them to get along immediately, even though it took quite a long time for them to learn to trust and like each other.

You can't just go up to someone and tell them "in my original timeline, you and I fell deeply in love over the next seven months, and we got married", and expect them to believe you.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Parahexavoctal posted:

You can't just go up to someone and tell them "in my original timeline, you and I fell deeply in love over the next seven months, and we got married", and expect them to believe you.
Why not? Worked for me. :smugbert:

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Glorious.

Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's disproven on like the first god drat episode of Mythbusters Ripley.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Non Sequitur

Seems like a logical progression to me.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

9 Chickweed Lane 6/20/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx