Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The first punter's forums epi is one of those all-time "this is crushingly sad" podcast experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I know I'm not supposed to complain about an overabundance of content, but holy gently caress, slow down Wil Anderson. He dropped five new episodes (8 hours) of FOPOP on Monday, and another four (4.75 hours) today. Space 'em out a little, buddy.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of TOFOP, what is a good starting point?

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I think after losing so many recordings, he's decided he can't be trusted to hold onto them and release them slowly, so he's just pumping out everything he's got.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
I think the Jen Kirkman episodes are a good place to start. Start with the first one and you can see the seeds of their joint obsession with Dave Navarro's love life.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Good news cuddlahs the sadness is going to be at podfest this year. Wonder if Greg will still be alive or if Dave will just wheel out his corpse.

https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/609399724030857216

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Koburn posted:

Speaking of TOFOP, what is a good starting point?

I say go back to the start, the Charlie episodes are still the best.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Senor Tron posted:

I say go back to the start, the Charlie episodes are still the best.

Agreed. It's a big backlog, but worth starting from the beginning.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

wafflesnsegways posted:

I think the Jen Kirkman episodes are a good place to start. Start with the first one and you can see the seeds of their joint obsession with Dave Navarro's love life.

This was so good.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Those were bit longer TOFOP episodes, though. I think one of them are 3 hours long?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
The one TOFOP episode I've heard is the one with Seth Romatelli. Good ep!

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

toanoradian posted:

Those were bit longer TOFOP episodes, though. I think one of them are 3 hours long?

I drove from Philly to Arlington, VA and didn't finish it in that sitting. It made the ride feel very short. Also the Ini Kamoze bit :lol:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

The one TOFOP episode I've heard is the one with Seth Romatelli. Good ep!
I've fallen off of TOFOP right when Charlie left but holy poo poo, this is a real thing? I'm downloading that immediately.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I only just now had a chance to listen to Harris on Making It Weird With Pete but holy poo poo is it eerie to listen to with hindsight.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Has anyone ever listened to The Big Three podcast with the Windy City Heat folks? It was recommended by a friend, but my tiny MP3 player only holds just enough for my big trip and I'm afraid it will be garbage.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

ChickenArise posted:

Also the Ini Kamoze bit :lol:

I gotta hear that and I've never even listened to the podcast yet. Is that episode 160? Any idea what part of the show that was in, I'm intrigued.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Snowy posted:

I gotta hear that and I've never even listened to the podcast yet. Is that episode 160? Any idea what part of the show that was in, I'm intrigued.

I'm pretty sure that's the right episode, but it's all over the place and I think they came back to it more than once.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I guess Greg Behrendt has cancer (and undergone multiple rounds of Chemo). Weird that I found out about it through NNF.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

They touched on it on FOFOP as well.

Speaking of the big C, anyone listen to Probably Science? The intro to the latest episode from Jesse is pretty full on.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
Which NNF episode was that?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The latest TGS two-parter is pretty much just Andy Kindler making fun of Todd for 150 minutes and it owns.

(There's a 30-minute intro to the second part where Todd gets all his weekly shouting out of the way but it's easily skippable)

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

This week's International Waters was live from MaxFunCon, and is probably one of the best episodes we've done yet! With Paul F. Tompkins, Janie Haddad-Tompkins , Nadia Kamil and Helen Zaltzman.

http://www.maximumfun.org/international-waters/international-waters-episode-52-live-maxfuncon

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Asterios posted:

This week's International Waters was live from MaxFunCon, and is probably one of the best episodes we've done yet! With Paul F. Tompkins, Janie Haddad-Tompkins , Nadia Kamil and Helen Zaltzman.

http://www.maximumfun.org/international-waters/international-waters-episode-52-live-maxfuncon

Yeah it was pretty great. "Systemic racism!"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm at the point with Pistol Shrimps Radio that I'm getting mad when they're chatting about some rubbish and in the background you can hear the crowd going wild about some amateur basketball and I want to know what it is.
Also, ESPN recorded them? That online anywhere?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Billy Gnosis posted:

I guess Greg Behrendt has cancer (and undergone multiple rounds of Chemo). Weird that I found out about it through NNF.

Estoy Merchandise is selling a boss t-shirt as a fundraiser for the family.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Gourley's taking over as the Dead Authors host in three episodes and based on him interviewing PFT as Mark Twain this week I'm super pumped.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

So the Dead Authors Podcast will continue past 50 episodes? If so that's awesome.

Sagan being uncomfortable about how Jim was written in Huck Finn was hilarious.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AFewBricksShy posted:

So the Dead Authors Podcast will continue past 50 episodes? If so that's awesome.

Sagan being uncomfortable about how Jim was written in Huck Finn was hilarious.

PFT's last line came outta nowhere.
"Aren't you glad I didn't say..."
I wonder when this was recorded because that almost felt like a reference to Obama.

(By "a reference to Obama" I was talking about Obama on WTF and not Obama in general. Just to be safe.)

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 23, 2015

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
But does this mean the showdown between Verne and Wells will be postponed? I had assumed it was going to be the finale.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

But does this mean the showdown between Verne and Wells will be postponed? I had assumed it was going to be the finale.
There's three episodes with Wells left and I assume one of those is gonna be Andy Daly's return as Hubbard, who knows what the other two will be. I sure hope Verne makes an appearance as long as he's there though.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Omnishambles posted:

PFT's last line came outta nowhere.
"Aren't you glad I didn't say..."
I wonder when this was recorded because that almost felt like a reference to Obama.

(By "a reference to Obama" I was talking about Obama on WTF and not Obama in general. Just to be safe.)

It was recorded on June 5 (Dead Authors is always the first Friday of the month) so it was way before that. It was just supposed to be a Huck Finn reference, I believe.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I looked on PFT's live dates and, besides a good amount of live Spontaneations, there's a "Roast of HG Wells" in a few months or so with returning guests.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Binowru posted:

It was recorded on June 5 (Dead Authors is always the first Friday of the month) so it was way before that. It was just supposed to be a Huck Finn reference, I believe.

I figured but it was fitting.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dead Authors is over, did he say why they're stopping at 50?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Read the thread, he just said it's not over in the last episode. Gourley as Carl Sagan will take over as the host after ep 50.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dead Authors is over, did he say why they're stopping at 50?

He stopped doing The Paul F Tompkins show a while back because he's no longer a young guy who needs or wants to have a full performance schedule; I imagine he's retiring the mantle of HG Wells for the same reason.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm late to the party but man, the Goldfinger episode of James Bonding was a missed opportunity. There's so much stuff there to talk about and make jokes about but the guests just can't stop being shocked that James Bond is sexist and silly. I guess it's some kind of schtick?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm at the point with Pistol Shrimps Radio that I'm getting mad when they're chatting about some rubbish and in the background you can hear the crowd going wild about some amateur basketball and I want to know what it is.
Also, ESPN recorded them? That online anywhere?

I think it was for a segment they were doing. I don't think its aired yet.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Dead Authors is Andy Daly's second part this week, but they named it as Chapter 45 Part 2. So since last week's was 47 it appears there are still three more PFT episodes coming.

If he ends up doing another ADP3 season there better be a Hubbard episode (bonus points if Gourley plays Heinlein or Jack Parsons) OR ELSE

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Got my Lou Reads magnet (and gift pack)!
Now I gotta think of a good place to put it...

• Locked thread