Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ZeButler posted:

I have to say, the slander from both sides is horrendous and terrible. However, just like in politics, the slander's coming from only the vocal minority, and most of the people on team cat and team dog don't actually think that slander and false accusations are the way to go. It saddens me to see my fellow kids/squids fighting so viciously over something that should honestly bring us together in a common love of animals. It saddens me even more to know that I'm going to have to see more of this because of the fact that Splatfest was postponed. Please, think of all the innocent cats and dogs whose minds you're poisoning with this hatred.

As for Bluefin Depot, it's a large, fun map that has tactical options. To me, it feels like Arowana Mall done right. Anything negative you're hearing is probably from people not paying attention and walking into the sea. Well, that and it's a bit easy to have lopsided games on Turf War because once one team has pushed into the other's base, it's hard to both clear them out and take the territory between the two bases.

who gives a gently caress

team dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
The one thing that team cat and team dog can and should agree on is that the slander is absolutely essential.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Came across a team in Turf War with two people on it who were constantly jumping and firing the Custom Blaster to great effect. Quite difficult to deal with using the short range aerospray, especially when they're using the bubbler as well. Seemed like a good tactic, wonder if it will spread.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Blaisedell posted:

Came across a team in Turf War with two people on it who were constantly jumping and firing the Custom Blaster to great effect. Quite difficult to deal with using the short range aerospray, especially when they're using the bubbler as well. Seemed like a good tactic, wonder if it will spread.

Yeah I ran in to one last night that had Special Charge Up and 3 Damage up, Special Duration Up and 3 Sub Saver ,and Ink Resistance and 3 Ink Recovery. She used the Point Sensor to tag me, kept 1 shootin me, and always had a Bubbler when I was about to take her out.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Bluefin Depot is probably the only map where snipers get free reign with sightlines over the Splat Zone; whether or not you like that depends on you

also hit A+ rank yesterday

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Blaisedell posted:

Came across a team in Turf War with two people on it who were constantly jumping and firing the Custom Blaster to great effect.

I ran into this yesterday and it was really really annoying. I assume it'll be widespread in a day or so.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The Hell, splatfest is delayed? THere are no signs of it when I started the game today.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Snuffman posted:

I ran into this yesterday and it was really really annoying. I assume it'll be widespread in a day or so.

This has been commonplace in ranked forever

Lag makes it even worse

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Astro7x posted:

The Hell, splatfest is delayed? THere are no signs of it when I started the game today.

They had issues with the Japanese spatfest so they're postponing it until they get those worked out.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

Bluefin Depot is probably the only map where snipers get free reign with sightlines over the Splat Zone; whether or not you like that depends on you

also hit A+ rank yesterday

Welcome to the big leagues.

That said:

Finally got this last night:smug:
I really am amazed how many people who are A/A+ and still do some really stupid poo poo. I lost a number of games because of how stupid other people are at this level, because it's hard to one man army a round when the other people are actually really drat good.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

who gives a gently caress

team cat

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

LethalGeek posted:

Welcome to the big leagues.

That said:

Finally got this last night:smug:
I really am amazed how many people who are A/A+ and still do some really stupid poo poo. I lost a number of games because of how stupid other people are at this level, because it's hard to one man army a round when the other people are actually really drat good.

I'd imagine that anyone could get to A+ if they play enough matches, regardless of skill level. Assuming you have a near 50-50 chance of being put on a team with people better than the opposing team, you'll three-steps forward two-steps back your way to the top.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

I lost a number of games because of how stupid other people are at this level, because it's hard to one man army a round when the other people are actually really drat good.
In addition to what BP said, some people have been abusing a glitch/loophole/other unintended behavior to avoid losing ranking points. You might have run into a couple people who do/did that.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

ImperialGuard posted:

In addition to what BP said, some people have been abusing a glitch/loophole/other unintended behavior to avoid losing ranking points. You might have run into a couple people who do/did that.

How do I do this? Thanks in advance!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Christo posted:

They had issues with the Japanese spatfest so they're postponing it until they get those worked out.

I'd be totally fine with this if THEY DIDN'T TAKE AWAY MY CAT SHIRT.

WHAT THE HELL NINTENDO. I LIKED THAT SHIRT.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I hope when I get my cat shirt back it doesn't lose the levels I've grinded into it :argh:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Silentman0 posted:

I'd be totally fine with this if THEY DIDN'T TAKE AWAY MY CAT SHIRT.

WHAT THE HELL NINTENDO. I LIKED THAT SHIRT.

They actually say in the fine print when you first make a pledge the shirt will be taken away at the end of splatfest regardless. I guess the shirt is coded specially and maybe the textures get overwritten depending on certain factors or something? Like how the shirt when viewed in other regions is grey with the splatfest logo on it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The L-3 Nozzlenose is great, got a 8 to 1 splat ratio.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 20, 2015

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

i said this eariler but the one time my connection messed up starting the game and I lost the splatfest shirt, and got it back when i successfully connected.

It had all its abilities re-locked so yes, you're going to have to grind it back up again.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

They actually say in the fine print when you first make a pledge the shirt will be taken away at the end of splatfest regardless. I guess the shirt is coded specially and maybe the textures get overwritten depending on certain factors or something? Like how the shirt when viewed in other regions is grey with the splatfest logo on it.

I knew that, but I maxed it out and everything. Let me keep it until Splatfest happens for real, or if they had to erase your choice, then the grey version would have been fine. I just really don't want to re-level it.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I wonder if they're just going to combine the EU and US Splatfests now? I'd hope so.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
Protip for anyone struggling with the invisible floor Limited Ink challenge: Your targeting reticle is bolded with an orangle circle over the regular one when it goes from empty air to a wall or floor. Take advantage of that when going through the invisible platforming section to save Ink!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Drastic Actions posted:

Actually 42%. All losers.

What is the pun behind Callie and Marie's names in Japanese?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

raditts posted:

What is the pun behind Callie and Marie's names in Japanese?

Squid species.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Icedude posted:

I wonder if they're just going to combine the EU and US Splatfests now? I'd hope so.

Popcat vs Rockdog!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Snuffman posted:

In turf war? Doubt it. What you're describing is standard blaster play in ranked where its amazing. In turf war its garbage though because no matter how amazing you are with the blaster, they aren't good at large amounts of ink coverage compared to poo poo like the aerospray and ink brush. Great for getting kills, but that doesn't help if you can't spread ink faster than the other team because your weapons aren't good enough. The custom blaster is my favorite weapon, but I never use it in turf war because trying to cover the whole map using it is really drat annoying. In splat zones its amazing though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Am I the only one who keeps trying to spread ink to squid around the plaza?

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
Half the time I just squid around the plaza jumping to the beat of the music without any real goal.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
Haven't had much time to game lately, selling my copy of Splatoon on the SA Mart here if any of you who read this thread but don't own a copy yet.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Vildiil posted:

Haven't had much time to game lately, selling my copy of Splatoon on the SA Mart here if any of you who read this thread but don't own a copy yet.

this si hosed up it should be illegal to sell splatoon this is so hosed up

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

ImperialGuard posted:

Well that explains some things! I get that not every round is your best but seeing people go 1 & 10 at A rank is a sign you got too high somehow

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
we all how we got so high ayeeeeeee elemeno

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Hiding as a squid in the little boxes on the catwalk in Kelp Dome is loving hilarious.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

pokeyman posted:

Hiding as a squid in the little boxes on the catwalk in Kelp Dome is loving hilarious.

Yeah, it's a shame they're only there in Splat Zones and not in Turf War. Same with the extra gratings on Arowana Mall.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
At least once a week I'll try and think of a setup to make the rapid blaster not worthless, play one round with it, and then remember why I thought it was trash in the first place.

I really wish there were more blaster variants :sigh:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Either ninja squid is way more useful than I thought it was, or it was all psychological, because it's suddenly way easier to sneak up on guys with the anchor shirt.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I don't think I should be topping my team in turf war with a custom e-liter when it's my first time using a charger ever?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

pokeyman posted:

I don't think I should be topping my team in turf war with a custom e-liter when it's my first time using a charger ever?

I feel for you.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
If you're an active charger and use your subs and specials efficiently, you can easily get loads of points in turf war. You can easily cover areas fast with some fancy footwork. It's not that unusual with experienced players, even if they haven't tried that class of weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadowobsessed
Jul 1, 2010

No worms on the bed!

Silentman0 posted:

I knew that, but I maxed it out and everything. Let me keep it until Splatfest happens for real, or if they had to erase your choice, then the grey version would have been fine. I just really don't want to re-level it.

I agree, I'm pretty bummed out that I spent time unlocking everything just to have it taken away. Why couldn't they just let us keep it, giving newer people more time to grind it out, and then take it away once the Splatfest actually happens?

• Locked thread