Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
Im not sure, but i think the lower requirement for EU & RU is that alot more clans, means its harder win a landing and aquire/keep a Territory for all the terrible clans.

Everyone who was slighty active in my clan seems to have gotten the tank. I even just got 60K fame the last day, in 3 Battles. so its almost no effort whatsoever.

having 2 swabia maps doh was a joke. 2nd and 3rd Place in EU got a free ride to the top, playing in Northern swabia without any real opposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Uranium 235 posted:

In case anyone was wondering, there are 131 people getting the IS-5 for free who did NOT get a license from their clan being in the top 30. These were the trickle down licenses leftover from the top 30 clans.

List here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzynlsg1grsnxoa/131%20licenses.xlsx?dl=0

You had to be ranked #381 or better in personal fame to get one of the trickle down licenses.

BTW CONGRATS PUSHEDBACK YOU MADE THE CUT!!

almost makes it worth spending 10 days in TS with roxy pubbies; much love to pbkac, otter and esprt for having so many people that either didn't care or don't even play anymore

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Where is my god drat chieftain.

Just want to keep my 215b a little bit longer.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Hellsau posted:

I appreciate them changing Northern Swabia mid-campaign to add more LZs while not changing Eastern Swabia to reduce the earlier LZs. That was certainly a good idea. Also I like that their choice of maps for the two Swabias shows they had absolutely no idea what they were doing and were just winging it.

Welp me and John Galt got the tank for free. We had 45 people in the top 2500 and got 30 licenses so we got suitably punished for being bads and hopefully PINGU will learn from past mistakes, choose to play better and maybe stop doing giant clan wars that literally no one in the clan wants to do when more than half of the people are enthusiastic about doing more stronghold attacks.

Sweet. Thanks. Is PINGU going to fall apart now?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

Holy poo poo they vastly overestimated how many people wanted to play the minicampaign on the RU and EU servers.

http://volknn.ru/end/en/positions/

Minimum position to get the tank was 31k fame on RU and 34k on EU. It was 62k on SEA and 78k on NA, and that was perfect for NA - 2500th place, the last place to get the tank, was at 78k, 2600th place went down to 71k, and 2700th place went all the way down to 64k. That's basically exactly how it should be - slightly competitive.

EU dudes, did you guys have trouble getting fights, or did your clans have trouble getting people into the top 11000 if they showed up?

My clan don't really do clan wars, we are just a social bunch of wannabe unicums who enjoys running platoons. We ran 2 teams during the last CW before Christmas, but this time we we could only field one team, we did however manage to get a tank for everyone who was active, but most could not be bothered to make an effort for a tier 8 premium tank. We were not really short on fights with just one team, but our team were hurting over the lack of players since it meant we didn't have a 2nd team for fame farming.

Lower fame requirement might be related to that we have more players and thus we have more clans, and they tended to block landings after moving inlands, as a mean to farm fame and keeping the proles from getting uppity, it could be one reason few succeed in getting higher fame.

At the same, we are giving our callers brain aneurysms since we are good players who think we know best, so they spent the first week browbeating us into following orders, so it took some time before we got our poo poo together when fighting the more experienced clans. Herding cats would been less stress elevating and it's tradition that the officer in charge of an CW leaves the clan afterwards. :v:

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 20, 2015

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

BadLlama posted:

Where is my god drat chieftain.

You will get that when they have run out of napkins, envelopes and fag packets technical drawings from Kubinka

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Was just browsing wotreplays.com and came upon this.
http://wotreplays.com/site/1963601#self
I would assume this has something to with the fame thingie and putting it up as a public replay seems like a smart idea. Does WGNA actually care about match fixing?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cardiac posted:

Was just browsing wotreplays.com and came upon this.
http://wotreplays.com/site/1963601#self
I would assume this has something to with the fame thingie and putting it up as a public replay seems like a smart idea. Does WGNA actually care about match fixing?

They need to show that they are pretending to care.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
During one match, before the battle started, the enemy said that they wanted to lose so they would rush up the middle and they wanted us to kill them, because they wanted off the map. So they rushed up the middle with their guns pointed behind them, we held mostly held our fire because we was not sure if we would get blamed for this, so they killed our arty and went afk.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Hellsau posted:

You have to do it in allchat. I open up with this line:

"Oh hey it's Lakeville! Remember - only bad players and people who intentionally want their team to lose go into the valley. Which are you?"

Decent players will laugh and agree, while the bad players on each team will intentionally go into the valley because they're rebels and because you don't know how to play and also drive your own tank stat padder. It's been working pretty well. I usually follow it up with advice in team chat, such as saying if we hold H4/C4 and the enemy tries to cap we get to kill enemy tanks sitting in the open, and that the enemy pushing valley is a good thing for us, but just telling the enemy to avoid the valley in all chat works very well to at least even the odds.

The lakeville test is one of the simplest barometers of tanking intelligence.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
If they simply filled in the loving *pit* on the refinery/oil tank side of Lakeville, and de-softened the ground so it's not like driving through loving mud the entire way there, the valley might be viable. As it stands, any team that starts Side 1 and voluntarily goes into the valley with intent to crest is a bunch of fuckups.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If they simply filled in the loving *pit* on the refinery/oil tank side of Lakeville, and de-softened the ground so it's not like driving through loving mud the entire way there, the valley might be viable. As it stands, any team that starts Side 1 and voluntarily goes into the valley with intent to crest is a bunch of fuckups.

I once won a game from valley. Went there because I was bottom tier in my T29 along with an awfulpanther just to cover it. Town's getting creamed middle's brawling and it looks like we're going to lose and we haven't had any action at all since the start of the game so we just roll up, over and cap before the enemy team gets back/out of town.

Agree that that soft ground has no business being there though.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I once held the valley in a T95 alone against 7 tanks while the other 14 tanks on my team died to 8 of theirs in the city. :suicide:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

EponymousMrYar posted:

I once won a game from valley.

Yeah, that's the "Pubbie Valley Sickness."

They might lose 99 times going Valley, but they only remember the sole ~EPIC~ time that it worked, which usually had to do mostly with RNG and numbers being in their favor - never their own contributions.

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.
I guess someone wanted to play the historical IS-4:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Not in this case. I knew the panther and I could hold the valley and when the majority of my team was dead/dying I did a quick count of tanks and figured I might as well push to cap from valley. It paid off. The lesson is more 'you don't go to valley to win, you go there to maybe not lose.'

Had there been one/two enemy tanks there we would have lost. I died to enemy TD's but my bulk protected the panther and let the cap get through.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

This cheered me up amidst my 8 game straight losing streak tonight :unsmith:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
One retort that works is if someone tells you to uninstall, say that you play the game for your fun. Not theirs.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They might lose 99 times going Valley, but they only remember the sole ~EPIC~ time that it worked, which usually had to do mostly with RNG and numbers being in their favor - never their own contributions.

EU tactics are a bit different. Going valley is a perfectly valid strat, especially on encounter as evidenced
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_WsI0LpW5Q

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

RandomPauI posted:

One retort that works is if someone tells you to uninstall, say that you play the game for your fun. Not theirs.

mario barbie tetris

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
Go play mermaid

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

subhelios posted:

There is a reason why our TS has World of Tanks: T69 Scumbag Edition on it.

It has been named that for ages. Change it, everyone else does. I never had a problem with channel names unless they get ridiculous then I will delete them.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Just manged to do the first HT-15 mission.

In a Conqueror :britain:

Yes I managed to bounce 2.5k damage in a loving Conqueror. Jesus tap-dancing christ pubbies can't aim.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

demonR6 posted:

It has been named that for ages. Change it, everyone else does. I never had a problem with channel names unless they get ridiculous then I will delete them.

I named it that, jerk :v:

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

They're already passing out the IS5s. That was quick - maybe they've actually started to automate things.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Vorkosigan posted:

They're already passing out the IS5s. That was quick - maybe they've actually started to automate things.

I think they had to wait for the complaints to roll in, I can't imagine anyone would give out thousands of tanks by hand.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

subhelios posted:

I named it that, jerk :v:

I just changed it to spite you..

subhelios
May 26, 2013

demonR6 posted:

I just changed it to spite you..

Generally helps to do it before you post that you did it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Just got Ace Tanker in the Luchs. Was such a great game, took out a Jagdpanther and a G.W Panther.

Think I'll keep this tank but I'm not even sure if I want to continue up this tree. I've still got to start the US Light tree which looks fun.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

CODChimera posted:

Just got Ace Tanker in the Luchs. Was such a great game, took out a Jagdpanther and a G.W Panther.

Think I'll keep this tank but I'm not even sure if I want to continue up this tree.

Typical Luchsy game for good players. It's great if you manage to circle a Rhoomba to death too.

But yeah, the Leopard is OK, the 28.01 is a blast if a bit clunky, and I'm hating the Awfulpanther so far. Don't sell the Luchs.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Receipt.
Date: 6/21/2015 8:18:21 AM
Vehicles added: IS-5 (Object 730)
Slots added: 1
Camouflage added
Camouflage added
Camouflage added
Emblem added
Emblem added
Inscription added

It is beautiful.

also I wish the inscription was your fame ranking instead of just "111"

e: more pics of sexy tank

e: even more pics

This tank is a beast.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 21, 2015

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Apparently the Fiery Salient map is getting reworked, so I guess have fun doing the Light tank missions with one less map in the rotation where you can actually spot things. Also a buff to the Conqueror's turret, which is nice.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013

CODChimera posted:

Think I'll keep this tank but I'm not even sure if I want to continue up this tree. I've still got to start the US Light tree which looks fun.

The 28.01 is fun with the 10.5cm gun when you can oneshot most arty and ramming lights will never get old. The Leopard with the machine gun is fun and mroe of the same as the Luchs. Almost no one has anything good to say about the AFKPanther

The US lights are a blast and the Bulldog is just so OP it's funny. If you want to light use the yanks.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

subhelios posted:

Generally helps to do it before you post that you did it.

You logged in to check?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

demonR6 posted:

You logged in to check?

I wanted to see what you changed it to.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Got you to log in, mission accomplished.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

mmkay posted:

Apparently the Fiery Salient map is getting reworked, so I guess have fun doing the Light tank missions with one less map in the rotation where you can actually spot things. Also a buff to the Conqueror's turret, which is nice.

I just got 2 back to back 3k spotting games in Highway, so you could probably get 4k or more there if your teammates could actually hit things, unlike mine.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

McGavin posted:

I just got 2 back to back 3k spotting games in Highway, so you could probably get 4k or more there if your teammates could actually hit things, unlike mine.

You can't reliably get large amounts of spotting damage on any map except prok. Even Malinovka is unreliable when you start asking for 5k+.

Just because people have gotten high spotting damage games on other maps doesn't mean that you can actually try for it and have any reasonable chance of success. Highway is not a map I'd be trying to get 10k spotting damage on, ever.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

Receipt.
Date: 6/21/2015 8:18:21 AM
Vehicles added: IS-5 (Object 730)
Slots added: 1
Camouflage added
Camouflage added
Camouflage added
Emblem added
Emblem added
Inscription added

It is beautiful.

also I wish the inscription was your fame ranking instead of just "111"

e: more pics of sexy tank

e: even more pics

This tank is a beast.

Get a better CPU/GPU, because the only thing I see is shitloads of jaggies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Desuwa posted:

You can't reliably get large amounts of spotting damage on any map except prok. Even Malinovka is unreliable when you start asking for 5k+.

Just because people have gotten high spotting damage games on other maps doesn't mean that you can actually try for it and have any reasonable chance of success. Highway is not a map I'd be trying to get 10k spotting damage on, ever.

A lot of things have to go perfectly to even approach 5k on any map. You could probably do it on Highway if you're south spawn by spotting anyone going North and the TDs on the ridge overlooking the North spawn from bushes in the town near the bridge. Of course, most of their team would have to go North, while your team would have to not be incompetent shitlords, which means it's most likely impossible.